Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

So did you guys who bought and played it during the first month get a message about getting your free month of Gold (as part of the make-good for how broken MCC was?) I know someone who got a message well over a month ago saying he was getting a free month (and he sold the game after only owning it for a week). I've owned the game since day 1 and played it plenty of times since release, but I never got any message.

Trying to figure out if I need to start asking around about my free month or not.

...literally like 3 hours after I posted that, I got a code in my XBL messages for the free month. Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you guys want to play it later, just add me--we can get a big game going. I have friends that enjoyed playing it last night. It was 2v2 and I can imagine how insane it'll be with more people.

They supposedly fixed so many things, yet campaign checkpoints are still broken. I had to waste an ungodly amount of time replaying an entire level because of that. I was near the end, saved & exited, and then chose resume from the same playlist. It made me restart the whole thing.

I finished that level out of sheer will to never have to replay it, but my renewed interest in this game has been replaced with utter disgust. I have no desire to play again anytime soon.

Also, I want a month of golf!

Very nice trailers. Im really looking forward to this game now, I was hoping it would come out in September however. Hopefully 343 can redeem themselves with this one.

Those ads are awesome. I was looking forward to the game coming out in a standard "I always buy Halo" way, but those videos turned up the anticipation for me quite a bit.

Those ads are awesome. I was looking forward to the game coming out in a standard "I always buy Halo" way, but those videos turned up the anticipation for me quite a bit.
Same here. I'm planning on going back to MCC over the summer/fall to build some anticipation, but these videos are already doing that. Probably gonna try to sneak in some reading of the books too.

When they sent out the free month of Live as a reward for playing the MCC how did they send it out? Weas via a XBL message or to your email? and if they sent it out via email what was the subject if anybody still has it.

Thanks

When they sent out the free month of Live as a reward for playing the MCC how did they send it out? Weas via a XBL message or to your email? and if they sent it out via email what was the subject if anybody still has it.

Thanks
It was an XBL message for me and it was a code. I remembered because I give my nephew my code. It has an expriation date of 6/30.

Thanks
It was an XBL message for me and it was a code. I remembered because I give my nephew my code. It has an expriation date of 6/30.

I posted this in our Art Book thread, but figured I'd mention it here...

The Art of Halo 5 book is up for preorder on Amazon - currently $34.20.

http://amzn.com/1608876497

41dZoVSPfNL.jpg

Lots of Halo news today

The next time you log into Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you will be prompted to download the latest content update, which focuses on ranking, matchmaking penalties, stability, as well as game-specific improvements for each title.

Below, you’ll find a summary of what is included in today’s update:

Ranking
  • Made a variety of improvements to ranking consistency and penalties.
  • Resolved an issue that could cause a player to rank down excessively, such as dropping multiple levels after a loss.
  • Resolved an issue that caused a player’s rank to appear incorrectly.
Based on these improvements and updates, we’ll be resetting ranking for Halo 2: Anniversary, and separately, will begin to roll out ranks to additional playlists soon (we’re aiming for the next day or so), starting with the addition of ranking to the Team Slayer and Halo Championship Series playlists. We’ll be actively monitoring the ranking system across these playlists over the next few days to ensure that everything is working properly before adding ranks to additional playlists.

Quitting & Betrayals
  • Added new quit and betrayal penalties to matchmaking:
    In ranked playlists, quitting a match is now treated the same as a loss. Quitting is defined as exiting the game in any fashion. If you quit a match, your ranking will be impacted, and this may result in dropping a level.
  • All quits and betrayals are being tracked automatically, and action is being taken against offending players who commit these offenses more than what is considered normal behavior.

Halo: CE
  • Resolved an issue that was causing off-host players to deal more damage than the host in peer-to-peer custom games.
  • Updated Derelict to include the Rocket Launcher when selecting the “Classic” weapon set.
  • Made improvements to vehicle weapon accuracy.
  • Resolved an issue that caused incorrect bullet and grenade collision with an invisible object on the map Derelict.
  • Update the “Boxer” controller layout by switching the “switch grenade” and “throw grenade” buttons.
Halo 2 Classic
  • Resolved a hitbox issue where shooting an enemy’s weapon from the front would not cause damage.
  • Corrected the matchmaking Team Ball respawn modifier from “Inheritance” to “None.”
Halo 3
  • Updated Halo 3 Forge to include editing for all game types.
  • Made significant improvements to Halo 3 audio, specifically in regards to weapon fire and sound effects.
  • Made improvements to Halo 3 multiplayer networking stability.
  • Made improvements to Halo 3’s controller “deadzones.”
  • Resolved issues that were causing Halo 3 multiplayer stats to not track correctly.
  • Resolved lighting and shading issues occurring on the “Sandbox” multiplayer map.
  • Resolved an issue where the “Begins with a Single Step” achievement did not unlock correctly.
  • Resolved an issue where the Golf Club object did not appear correctly in Forge.
Halo 4
  • Resolved an issue where Primary Weapons could display in the Secondary Weapon slot after removing the Firepower Tactical Package.
Parties
  • Made improvements to voice chat consistency, specifically in team-based matchmaking games.
  • Resolved an issue where a player may not hear another player via voice chat after completing a game.
  • Improved party functionality, specifically in regards to game invites and joinable states.
  • Increased the speed at which the roster populates with Xbox Live friends after completing a game.
  • Resolved an issue where players could get stuck on the “Leaving Matchmaking” screen for longer than usual.
  • Resolved an issue where players were unable to join immediately after becoming Xbox Live friends.
Achievements
  • Resolved an issue that caused "The Guardians Are Coming" achievement to not unlock correctly.
  • Resolved issues that caused complications with Spartan Ops achievements unlocking.
UI, Stability & Misc.
  • Made a variety of improvements to UI throughout the title, specifically in regards to notification messages and stability.
  • Improved Playlist and Campaign Career Stats tracking for Halo 2, Halo 3 & Halo 4.
  • Made a variety of significant improvements to stability throughout the title.
Additionally, we’re excited about the progress of the Relic multiplayer map remake and the Campaign for Halo 3: ODST, both of which are on track to release within Halo: The Master Chief Collection next month with our next content update. Look for more details next month, including the final map name for the Relic remake, release date and more. To hold you over, here’s a few brand new screenshots, complete with desktop wallpaper links:
Credit Halo Waypoint: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/4-21-15-halo-the-master-chief-collection-update-notes

I know its old news, just thought I would post it

Standard Edition for $59.99 – Halo 5: Guardians plus an exclusive poster1, only available to those who pre-order.

• Limited Edition2 for $99.99 – Everything in the Standard Edition plus new digital content to enhance Spartan combat and exclusive items wrapped in a uniquely designed steel book.
  • Limited Collector’s Edition3 for $249.99 – Everything in the Limited Edition as well as additional content such as a commemorative numbered statue designed by 343 Industries. More details on the design to be shared at a later date.

I was wondering how were they gonna fit all that(2nd image) on a box art.

The final cover isn't bad at all, 2/2 from 343.

So is there anyone here who wants to do the #Huntthesignal challenges? I still need 2 more people to join my team so we can progress -- looking for people who have most social media accounts and have some spare minutes to do so!

You'll likely need a smartphone too!

Let me know! If you're totally new to this and have no clue what's up, I created a thread on another forum I frequent HERE.
http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?p=256301#post256301

That was just me hoping but it would make sense too. That is the only Halo game that hasn't gotten a remaster or some kind of treatment yet.

We're probably going to get a Halo Reach E3 announcement. At least I hope so.
I wouldn't expect that. ODST runs off of the Halo 3 engine, making it much easier to do since that's already in the Master Chief Collection. Halo: Reach would require so much more effort and time to do because of the different engine, and since Halo 5 is coming that is going to be their main focus.

So what is the deal with ODST? I got the code, installed it. It's not showing up as an installed separate title on the console. I booted up MCC and don't see it anywhere in there.

Are we waiting for some switch to flip?

So what is the deal with ODST? I got the code, installed it. It's not showing up as an installed separate title on the console. I booted up MCC and don't see it anywhere in there.

Are we waiting for some switch to flip?
The game is called Halo 3: ODST, it's located in the halo 3 menu.

bread's done
Back