Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

wait what? only major issues i see is match making how is that unfixable?
From what I've been reading on forums on TeamBeyondEnt and others, there's more in-game's thing. I've also noticed that shots aren't registering for me in Halo 2 Classic or Halo 3.

There are in-game issues that have been noticed by fans.

But yes, the biggest thing on the plate is matchmaking.

^ There's some single player glitches too. Progress not saving, achievements not unlocking, ect. They have to get these problems sorted by Christmas before the huge wave of new players hit. Overall its been a brutal launch for MS, worst of the year by far.

I know there's a few issues that stemmed from them porting the PC versions of CE and 2 instead of the original Xbox releases.

I would ask how Microsoft fucked this up so badly but even the dashboard is shitty and broken on the Xbone.

I miss the 360 dashboard. It was nice, clean, and simple. The Xbox One is similar, but it is really slow. Takes a lot of time to open up a message, friends list, achievement, party, etc.

I miss the 360 dashboard. It was nice, clean, and simple. The Xbox One is similar, but it is really slow. Takes a lot of time to open up a message, friends list, achievement, party, etc.
when was last time you did hard system restart i try to do one once a week and my thing load up pretty fast. 360 dashboard at the end was using the max power of the system and was not smooth like it was when system launched. i Hated all the chagnes done to 360.

Last edited by a moderator:
when was last time you did hard system restart i try to do one once a week and my thing load up pretty fast. 360 dashboard at the end was using the max power of the system and was not smooth like it was when system launched. i Hated all the chagnes done to 360.
Hmm, I've done it once a week since Halo came out in hopes of getting it to work but I'll have to keep that in mind. I really liked the 360 dashboard. Was nice although this one is fairly similar layout wise.

I think people give too much credit to a beta fixing issues.  Guess, what else had a beta last year?  Battlefield 4.  How much did that help?  A beta isn't going to magically fix problems with the game.  Sadly, you can look at the trend this year.  It appears there are more games that have launched broken than those that have worked.  Some get patched within a week and some we are still waiting on working properly.  We had a good run of getting run of getting working titles, but as long as they can get more sales by putting money into marketing rather than development that is what they will keep doing.

20% off Halo 5 pre-orders.

Free Halo 2 re-made maps at worst.
I am guessing this. Discount on Halo 5 seems, not difficult, but not easy to do for EVERYONE. Like super easy to be "All Digital orders of MCC get 20% off Digital Halo 5" but going through the retail channel means they will have a lot more to do.

Random extra digital content for MCC sounds most plausible though I will be stoked for a discount on Halo 5 especially since I go all digital now with games I know I want to keep and there are never really any solid discounts that route.

It's so crazy. Two weeks ago, we were BEYOND hyped for this. Counting the days since the E3 announcement. And for all of it to fall flat on its face.

Sad.

It's so crazy. Two weeks ago, we were BEYOND hyped for this. Counting the days since the E3 announcement. And for all of it to fall flat on its face.

Sad.
And now I frankly don't even care unfortunately. This whole mess destroyed all hype I had and now I just want to play more Destiny and Dragon Age and don't care to even play Halo. Perhaps that will change in time but really the whole draw of that is the multiplayer with friends. They needed to capitalize on everyone getting it right at launch and playing with their buddies. Now most of my friends will randomly be on here and there once they fix it I bet and so it doesnt have the full fledged boosted community feeling like Destiny has already established.

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12267926" timestamp="1416928362"]I am guessing this. Discount on Halo 5 seems, not difficult, but not easy to do for EVERYONE. Like super easy to be "All Digital orders of MCC get 20% off Digital Halo 5" but going through the retail channel means they will have a lot more to do.

Random extra digital content for MCC sounds most plausible though I will be stoked for a discount on Halo 5 especially since I go all digital now with games I know I want to keep and there are never really any solid discounts that route.[/quote]
According to the interview on (I think) Podcast Unlocked this doesn't seem likely. I can't remember the name of the person but he was in charge of the studio that did the remade maps. According to him they aren't working on anything and at this point it would be tough to spin things up and have it out in a timely manner. He basically confirmed there wouldn't be dlc for MCC.

how is dashboard broken? it has nothing but improvedsince launch
It's terrible and everything is less convenient and slower than before. You can't check your friends list or check to see what achievement you just unlocked in under 10 minutes. Things still don't always launch correctly. Things still don't always acknowledge that you're signed in.

360's dash was simple, straightforward, and above all quick and snappy.

Sad.
True, but when everything IS fixed we will laugh at all the bitching we did. Halo MCC is a game that is going to have a long shelf life ahead of it at least till the X2 or whatever It may be called is out. You can play some of these games on the PC, but the X1 will be the host of all these games at 1080/60fps and eventually dedicated playlists for all games. We are just hoping the fixes are in a few weeks and not a few months like BF4.

no sure how hype for a hd remake can be gone because of these issues. It's not like it's new game and i for one i enjoying playing all the campaigns again. I have so many other game to play that im kind of happy this is going on lets me finish games like ac/fc4/ get my cod fix and by the time this game is fixed i will be done with those games.

no sure how hype for a hd remake can be gone because of these issues. It's not like it's new game and i for one i enjoying playing all the campaigns again. I have so many other game to play that im kind of happy this is going on lets me finish games like ac/fc4/ get my cod fix and by the time this game is fixed i will be done with those games.
This was their big holiday release and the MP (which was the main selling point for most) is a mess. So yes, the hype is gone for me and my friends. I've played less then 10 matches with them since the game came out because of the massive party issues going on.

This was their big holiday release and the MP (which was the main selling point for most) is a mess. So yes, the hype is gone for me and my friends. I've played less then 10 matches with them since the game came out because of the massive party issues going on.
I agree though I do see Timbo's point too.

We have waited almost 10 years for this so I mean clearly we can wait longer. The problem is that there is a continual stream of solid games coming out for the foreseeable future and since it didnt latch on right away at launch that has already diminished its population because some people wont come back. Then since there are other things distracting them they will eventually make their way to the game at different times.

For me personally I was excited and had a group of friends all ready to play MCC but now we all are spread thin doing other stuff and I doubt we all will start playing the game at the same time and so to me the game is screwed because it is MP and so I want it with friends.

Think i'm done with Halo. All the excitement I had to play it is gone. Between Far Cry and the Destiny DLC coming out I dont see myself playing it.

True, but when everything IS fixed we will laugh at all the bitching we did. Halo MCC is a game that is going to have a long shelf life ahead of it at least till the X2 or whatever It may be called is out
I'll disagree with you there that I think this game is just for a very hardcore group of Halo fans. Halo: MCC is all about H2 so I don't see it having the mass appeal. It's perfect for the nostalgic fans like me. But even within that group, there will be people like me that just found it dated. I think it was great ... at the time it came out. It's like how I love CS so much but there's no way I can get into it again if I played right now. I got that feeling after just a day with Halo: MCC. Sold it with no regrets and moved on.

The launch failure is going to just fracture the early adopter base even further. Some people were looking forward to play this by now and things just change over time that their attention will just go elsewhere. It's a shame to see. I don't have a lot of confidence in 343 heading into Halo 5. The one consolation from this mess is that they'll be better prepared for H5.

The next time you log into Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you will be prompted to download the latest content update, which is 523 MB. This particular content update addresses a number of matchmaking issues, fixes various bugs related to UI and the party system, and also improves overall stability. While this update contains a variety of improvements, we continue to work on additional content updates that will be rolled out to address further issues that you have called out. Below, you’ll find a summary of the updates that are included in today’s update.

Matchmaking

• Made improvements to the way the matchmaking system handles player matching
  • Made improvements to the team selection process to improve team balancing
  • Made an update to the party system to improve searching with parties (2+ players)
  • Made further improvements to how matchmaking progress is communicated to the player
  • Made an update to ensure that players do not enter a non-joinable state after searching for a match
  • Made an update to ensure that the “Game Session” UI does not persist after leaving a matchmaking lobby
  • Resolved a variety of incorrectly displayed matchmaking prompts
  • Improved matchmaking roster presentation during team creation phase to remove roster flickering
  • Corrected a “connecting to host” message that incorrectly displayed during the matchmaking searching phase
  • Made an update to ensure that FFA players do not appear as if they are on the red team in the pre-game lobby
Party, Lobby, and Custom Games

• Made an update to ensure that custom game settings persist between matches
  • Made an update to ensure that player’s player emblems load correctly when returning to lobby
  • Made an update to improve nameplate and emblem display
  • Improved the display of emblems in the “Games Session Details” screen
  • Made improvements to parties to ensure that parties are merged when the host joins another player and “brings party”
  • Made an update to improve party stability after completing a matchmaking game
  • Made an update to ensure that players are joinable after playing a matchmaking game
Stability

• Made a variety of updates to improve UI stability
  • Resolved stability issues that occurred while viewing medals in “Player Details”
  • Made an update to prevent stability issues caused by controller disconnects
  • Made an update to improve post-game-carnage-report stability
  • Made an update to address in-game stability for Halo 2
  • Improved matchmaking stability while searching with parties (2+ players)
  • Addressed a crash that could occur after searching in the Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble playlist
  • Resolved a variety of miscellaneous stability issues to improve overall performance
Achievements

• Made an update to ensure that the “Zealot” achievement is unlockable
We have more information on Achievements and the LASO playlists here. As mentioned earlier this week, we have additional updates on the way in an effort to further improve your experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. We thank you for your continued feedback, patience, and support.
We have included several fixes and updated details on earning achievements:

• Warden – An additional was check put in place and description updated to include both Halo 2 Classic and Halo 2 Anniversary.
  • Explore the Floor – Description has been updated. This must be completed on Heroic difficulty or higher.
  • Monopolized, Devastating, and You’re Joking – last week we applied additional checks to ensure these triggered, and some players are still reporting that these are not unlocking. To earn these achievements, players do not have to complete all the missions in a single run through. An updated verification check to these is coming in a future update. If you meet the criteria for these achievements, they will trigger automatically when this verification check goes live. NOTE: These achievements only trigger on the main menu.
  • Lone Wolf Legend - Some players report that levels completed solo are being registered as co-op if the player quits and resumes the mission later. We are currently investigating issues players have seen with this achievement.
  • We are also investigating reports of save/resume functionality for both missions and playlists which can affect progress and achievement completion.
We understand that many of you have earned achievements that do not appear to have registered.

To verify the status of your achievements, please go through the following steps:

1. Open up the achievements app on your Xbox One dashboard and open up the tab for Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
  2. Browse the list of unlocked achievements for any that you think should have triggered.
  3. If the status says “Done…unlocking”, the achievement and Gamerscore are pending and will be granted in the near future.
  4. We continue to monitor the status of these achievements and many of the ones in this state should be unlocking this week for players.
  5. If it seems like you should have earned an achievement and it is not stuck in the state above, please verify the following:

• Certain skulls, such as Bandana, Envy, and Scarab are zero scoring skulls. That means you must complete the levels without these on to earn the achievement.
  6. If it seems like you have completed all the requirements for an achievement and the progress is showing less than 100 percent, cross reference your level completion, skull count, terminal count, etc. against your service record on Halo Waypoint.

Some achievements will not show progress on the achievement app due to their technical implementation, such as

[*]Mortardom

1. . Achievements like this are still tracking progress internally.

1. Here are some additional tips for earning achievements:

• All achievement descriptions include the game that it can be unlocked in. If no game is specified, it can be unlocked in any game.
    • Additional details on achievement progress can be tracked via the achievements UI under Career & Options, sorted by game.
    • For any achievement labeled as multiplayer, unless matchmaking is explicitly stated in the description, it can be earned in custom games as well.
    • Most campaign achievements are can be earned in solo and co-op play.

LASO Playlists

1. We have heard community feedback and reviewed LASO related achievements. As a result, we are going to a more classic set of skulls to use for these achievements that reflects what it means to have Legendary All Skulls On for each playlist. We look forward to seeing LASO enthusiasts conquer a gentler Halo 2 Anniversary in the near future.

1. Here is the final list of skulls required for each LASO playlist:

Halo: CE Anniversary LASO Playlist
    • Black Eye
    • Boom
    • Eye Patch
    • Famine
    • Fog
    • Foreign
    • Grunt Birthday Party
    • Grunt Funeral
    • Iron
    • Malfunction
    • Mythic
    • Recession

[*]Halo 2 Anniversary LASO Playlist:

• Anger
    • Assassins
    • Black Eye
    • Blind
    • Catch
    • Famine
    • Ghost
    • Grunt Birthday Party
    • Iron
    • IWHBYD
    • Mythic
    • Sputnik
    • That’s Just…Wrong
    • Thunderstorm

Halo 3 LASO Playlist:
    • Black Eye
    • Blind
    • Catch
    • Cowbell
    • Famine
    • Fog
    • Grunt Birthday Party
    • Iron
    • IWHBYD
    • Mythic
    • Thunderstorm
    • Tilt
    • Tough Luck

[*]Halo 4 LASO Playlist:
    • Black Eye
    • Blind
    • Catch
    • Cowbell
    • Famine
    • Fog
    • Grunt Birthday Party
    • Iron
    • IWHBYD
    • Mythic
    • Thunderstorm
    • Tilt
    • Tough Luck

The Legendary Master Chief Saga playlist has also been updated to include the same set of skulls.

Note: Completing this playlist will award the achievement for completing The Master Chief Saga, but will not award the achievements for individual LASO completion or the LASO Master achievement, as that specifically requires completing each individual LASO playlist.

Yeah, I've had luck with friends, too. Played in a party of 3 and found multiple games. Only flaw was that in ranked H2A, we were on different teams.

Slowly improving but still a long way to go. Not to mention the lack of shots registering in H2C. I heard that happens because it's the Halo 2 Vista import, which was horrible apparently.

For the second time I have selected save and quit and the stupid game doesn't save. Lost 2 hours again. My individual level achievements popped but game shows level isn't completed and reloads1 where I started 2 hours ago. Ridiculous for a game in 2014.

2 hours isn't worth that 10G for "complete halo 4 achievement".

Realized I would miss the 50G for completing every mission, so I beat them again. Learned something, on Easy, shooting is optional 50% of the time.

Oh god this multiplayer is so good. I decided to play for the first time in weeks and I got all of my matches in less then 2 minutes each. Overall I played over 10 matches and mostly stuck to Big Team Battle. Game is incredible when it works and it's so much fun to play Halo again.

On a side note I've never played Halo 4 before and good god is it a lot better than people make it out to be. It was my favorite game out of the matches that I played and graphically it looks absolutely amazing.

So I booted up MCC last night. Did nothing but try and find a MP match. Three hours later never booted MCC since, I get a singleplayer achievement, out of nowhere, lol.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12317191" timestamp="1418231995"]So I booted up MCC last night. Did nothing but try and find a MP match. Three hours later never booted MCC since, I get a singleplayer achievement, out of nowhere, lol.[/quote]
I had three SP achievements from Halo pop up throughout the night last night. Two while playing Destiny and one later while watching YouTube.

I can't find Big Team Battle games anymore--really annoying. However, I've had no difficulty finding ranked H2A games in a party of three. And, we don't get split up anymore!

#progress

So are achievements still broken or no?

I will really start playing Halo once I know I can get achievements, without worry and I can connect to the MP servers, lol.

[quote name="Sir_Fragalot" post="12318386" timestamp="1418262237"]So are achievements still broken or no?

I will really start playing Halo once I know I can get achievements, without worry and I can connect to the MP servers, lol.[/quote]
I don't think I've seen anything official even though mine popped.

Just got an Xbox Live message from the preview program. I'll be getting 2 codes tomorrow for an early access version of the Halo 5 beta! 2 codes for 1 user, that is. 1 token to download the beta and 1 to actually access it. Runs through the weekend and features Week 1 content.

Sent you both an invite Peyton and Bfett. Just note it takes up to a week to receive the invitation because Microsoft processes it after the invite is sent out you so won't likely get it before the early access ends.

Either way it's good to join up since there have been some good perks between early EA Access, Evolve Beta invites and now the Halo Beta invite not to mention early system updates.

Multiclip I put together after playing a couple of rounds.

http://1drv.ms/1v9SsaX

Going to post my impressions in spoiler tags if anybody is interested in them. 

-All the guns feel fantastic to use and so do grenades. The SMG is OP, but other than that I like the balance among each of them and they feel really solid to shoot with.

-The game itself runs buttery smooth and it is very fluid. I'm impressed how solid it feels, it has that COD level of smoothness and there's no lag at all. The 60FPS really does wonders here because I can't overstate how good the game feels in motion.

-ADS Isn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be. I hardly use it since it feels kind of cumbersome having to stop and zoom in when this game has a very fasted paced keep moving kind of style to it.

-The in-game team call-outs are pretty cool and they add a nice touch of immersion to the game play.

-Ground-pound currently sucks. It isn't very effective and leaves you too venerable to attacks. Additionally it's also partially broken because sometimes if you land directly on your opponent you'll land on their head without doing any damage.

-I like both of the levels a lot. They offer a solid flow throughout them and one of them (Empire) offers a large space, but not too large to break up all the action.

Looks like we are getting some freebies as a thanks for our patience, among them the ODST Campaign:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you
Damn that's pretty great of them to step up like that and offer some pretty damn good compensation. For record you get the following if you've played the MCC between 11/11/14 and 12/19/14.

1 Month Xbox Live Gold.

Exclusive In-game Avatar.

Exclusive In-game Nameplate.

Halo 3: ODST Campaign for free when it launches (Development has started on it now) It'll be remastered in 1080p 60FPS.

Additionally the "Relic" map will be coming to the Halo 2 Anniversary Collection as free content update.

Given the wording it sounds like the Halo 3: ODST Campaign will cost money if you haven't played the game before the date posted above.

(Edit) It's also worth mentioning all 10 episodes of Halo 4's Spartan Ops coop will arrive among more fixes in a content update next week.

bread's done
Back