Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary + $10 Credit $39.99 @ Amazon

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-E..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1316577648&sr=1-1

$10 Credit Plus Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and get a $10 Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads) as well as Master Chief Avatar Armor and the Grunt Funeral Skull (once activated, every grunt's methane tank will explode like a plasma grenade when killed). The promotional code for the credit will be e-mailed within two days after the product ships. The access code for the armor and skull will be packaged inside the game box. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Switched from my $30 Newegg preorder to this so I can get release date delivery. I'll just apply the $10 promotional credit to another preorder. Thanks!

[quote name='Coltin']Switched from my $30 Newegg preorder to this so I can get release date delivery. I'll just apply the $10 promotional credit to another preorder. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Kinda don't feel like I need to have it on day one though. Hmm...

It usually applies to existing Amazon pre-orders too, but I'd confirm it with customer service just in case.

[quote name='fishface45']Used my $40 credit from buying the Gears console. Paid $0

Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

...and you still have $0.01 credit left over! Spend it wisely.

I've been holding off but I bit on this. I'm sure the day it comes out I'm going to want to play it, so I'll feed into that early and get the $10 credit.

Thanks OP.

Nice deal, but a bird in the hand and all. I think I'll keep New Egg, at least for now. If Halo shows up in my Gold Box, I'll switch.

As a complete Halo newb. Does Halo have online coop modes, ala Horde? I know it has a coop campaign (I presume only 2 players, though, since they make no mention of more). I'm wondering if there are other coop modes. I'm not so much into the competitive stuff. I do enjoy working with friends to blow shit up, though.

[quote name='crunchewy']As a complete Halo newb. Does Halo have online coop modes, ala Horde? I know it has a coop campaign (I presume only 2 players, though, since they make no mention of more). I'm wondering if there are other coop modes. I'm not so much into the competitive stuff. I do enjoy working with friends to blow shit up, though.[/QUOTE]
Reach and ODST had a co op mode called Firefight. I assume this will have Firefight too.

I've been planning to pick this up and saw that they added the credit so I placed my order. I never finished the original Halo, so this was a good reason to play it again. I just hope they "re-master" Halo 2 as well.

I'm going to have to google this b/c I played the hell out of the original (was the first of my buds to get an xbox in 2001) but I don't think I'd go back to it though, esp for $40 haha

Newegg has been pretty good about shipping for me. Only 1-2 days after release so far. I'm tempted for the release date shipping, but at the same time I want to reward newegg for actually having good deals.

I might be in for this. After the $20 credit from Gears it would $19.99 and I get another $10 credit. Yeah, this chaining credits things is addicting. But maybe I'd rather have some other game instead. Not sure yet. If they add a $20 credit for Forza 4 I'd probably rather have that.

dang 44 shipped for me on amazon cause i am in ny. Newegg is 30 shipped i will wait an extra 1-3 days for it. To many can not wait to play games coming out in oct/nov so no rush.

[quote name='Coltin']Switched from my $30 Newegg preorder to this so I can get release date delivery. I'll just apply the $10 promotional credit to another preorder. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='chunlirocks']40 blades for a 10 year old game?

Really ?[/QUOTE]

Troll harder. If you're not interested in this game, you shouldn't be in this thread. Quit spreading your pollution.

for the others, yeah, I'm also using my Gears 3 Amazon credit toward this game so it'll be a nice discount...

Really ?[/QUOTE]

It's an extremely nice remake. Anybody who actually likes Halo and knows anything about the remake will understand why $40 is a fair price for it.

Personally I'm paying 40 bucks for a 10 year old game that I really want to play through COOP today. In the modern world.

Cheaper than rebuying an old and still functional Xbox.

I have a strong suspicion that this will be marked down soon after its release with Black Friday and all. I'll hold out for a solid $20-$30 range. =P

Really ?[/QUOTE]
So you don't really understand games that much?
Just getting into them?

If you need help I'd be more then happy to point out a few games to start with for someone just getting into the hobby

[quote name='Sharkey1337']I have a strong suspicion that this will be marked down soon after its release with Black Friday and all. I'll hold out for a solid $20-$30 range. =P[/QUOTE]

After reassessing my pre-order, I'd have to agree. I see it hitting $20 very quickly.

Ordered.... though I wish I had never finished the game to begin with on Xbox now. I finish so few games.... to replay a game I finished when I have literally hundreds more unfinished on my shelf seems like MADNESS.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I have literally hundreds more unfinished on my shelf seems like MADNESS.[/QUOTE]

I still have PS1 games shrinkwrapped waiting to be played someday. "Someday" becomes 12 years...

[quote name='heybtbm']I still have PS1 games shrinkwrapped waiting to be played someday. "Someday" becomes 12 years...[/QUOTE]

Wow! I am glad to know I am not the only one :applause:

[quote name='Sepatown Tippie Tais']Does it apply to an existing pre-order or do I have to cancel and redo it?[/QUOTE]
ALWAYS applies to existing preorders. you can contact the CSR if you want comfirmation, and piece of mind.

Going to have to jump on this. I just picked up the original Xbox version of Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3. I already owned Halo Reach. Just need ODST, Halo Wars and this.

[quote name='heybtbm']I still have PS1 games shrinkwrapped waiting to be played someday. "Someday" becomes 12 years...[/QUOTE]
I almost started doing that. New rule fore me - more than a year in shrink wrap it goes bye bye. If I unwrap it I have to play it at some point.

[quote name='twztid13']ALWAYS applies to existing preorders. you can contact the CSR if you want comfirmation, and piece of mind.[/QUOTE]

I already sent an email on the advice of an earlier poster, and received confirmation. Hooray.

But good to know that they always do that.

[quote name='bh47']I used my Gears of War $20 credit on this as well. $20 and free shipping. Sweet.[/QUOTE]

I do not see it dropping fast imo. There are way to many halo fans out there that buy anything halo bad or good.

I love halo a lot and halo 1 i bought on the marketplace already and really enjoy it to this date. The added co op and the exclusive reach mp maps only on this release makes it a must buy for most. I think halo 1 was the most fun i had in a halo game it is what made halo what it is today. It still holds up the old version i rarely feel this way.

Also friends will be gathering people to play this day one and leave the people that wait on the bottom of the list to play with when they get it. How it works for me cause you commit to those people that you keep playing with.

Anyways wish i got a refund since i bought halo 1 on MP and will be deleting it when i get this...

[quote name='bruistopher']Going to have to jump on this. I just picked up the original Xbox version of Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3. I already owned Halo Reach. Just need ODST, Halo Wars and this.[/QUOTE]

ODST is $10 at Kmart.

Remember to those who have it preordered at Newegg, you save more than 10 dollars. You save 10 plus taxes (if you didn't get charged for tax). Especially for NYC folks, that's easily about 14 dollar savings. If you're not crazy about getting it on release day then keep your preorder. It's just another FPS ....... unless you love FPSs and Halo. I for one will wait for Black Friday hoping it be 20.

bread's done
Back