Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary + $10 Credit $39.99 @ Amazon

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Combat-E..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1316577648&sr=1-1

$10 Credit Plus Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and get a $10 Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads) as well as Master Chief Avatar Armor and the Grunt Funeral Skull (once activated, every grunt's methane tank will explode like a plasma grenade when killed). The promotional code for the credit will be e-mailed within two days after the product ships. The access code for the armor and skull will be packaged inside the game box. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Newegg @ $30 is cheaper then Amazon with a $10 credit. That Newegg price was $10 off of one game, and right away. The Amazon deal is $10 off of the purchase of 2 games ($5 off each), and you don't get any of it until the second game is purchased. Even if you're rolling credit to another pre-order, it's still not as good as $10 off up front. So, yeah, unless you're desperate for release day delivery, I wouldn't have given up that Newegg pre-order. If you did want release day, though, then it works out.

it comes w/Reach maps that's good enough to buy it with a $10 credit/-$10 off. the avatar and skull bonus is just gravy.

Sweet! I just canceled my Amazon pre-order letting them know about the NewEgg deal when I canceled and said I would buy from Amazon if they added a credit or dropped the price. And I did this just a few days ago! Lol. Anyways thanks OP!

it comes w/Reach maps that's good enough to buy it with a $10 credit/-$10 off

Does this mean there's still going to be only one online community between Now-Reach/CEA? EDIT: yea, looks like Now-Reach and CEA players will play each other. I guess the next question is whether CEA maps will be offered to Reach owners.

[quote name='Supdawgs']Does this mean there's still going to be only one online community between Now-Reach/CEA? EDIT: yea, looks like Now-Reach and CEA players will play each other. I guess the next question is whether CEA maps will be offered to Reach owners.[/QUOTE]
They will be available as a downloadable map pack shortly after the launch of CEA. Confirmed at one of the many Halo panels they have had lately.

Thanks OP. Even though the multiplayer on this will simply be remade halo 1 maps with Halo Reach game play, I'm still getting it for the campaign. It could have been so much better if Frankie from 343 would have just kept the original halo CE multiplayer. How can it be an anniversary ed when it's not even the same multiplayer game?

You can read all about the complaints here:

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/7188.aspx?PageIndex=1

Also on a side note for those of you using amazon prime, if you have a vendor listing the item as amazon prime shipping and they don't deliver it in the 2 days and instead deliver it 7+ days later, please report them to Amazon. I've had this happen on several game orders and my complaints along with other customers have resulted in those amazon vendors loosing their Prime shipping status. A vendor should not be allowed to falsely advertise amazon prime only to have you get the game 7+ business days later.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Nice. Halo CE for $30 bones. Scores.[/QUOTE] technically its still 40

the 10 goes to "next" purchase

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I do not see it dropping fast imo. There are way to many halo fans out there that buy anything halo bad or good.

I love halo a lot and halo 1 i bought on the marketplace already and really enjoy it to this date. The added co op and the exclusive reach mp maps only on this release makes it a must buy for most. I think halo 1 was the most fun i had in a halo game it is what made halo what it is today. It still holds up the old version i rarely feel this way.

Also friends will be gathering people to play this day one and leave the people that wait on the bottom of the list to play with when they get it. How it works for me cause you commit to those people that you keep playing with.

Anyways wish i got a refund since i bought halo 1 on MP and will be deleting it when i get this...[/QUOTE]

Reached dropped just as quickly as any other video game. This one will too.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I do not see it dropping fast imo. There are way to many halo fans out there that buy anything halo bad or good.

I love halo a lot and halo 1 i bought on the marketplace already and really enjoy it to this date. The added co op and the exclusive reach mp maps only on this release makes it a must buy for most. I think halo 1 was the most fun i had in a halo game it is what made halo what it is today. It still holds up the old version i rarely feel this way.

Also friends will be gathering people to play this day one and leave the people that wait on the bottom of the list to play with when they get it. How it works for me cause you commit to those people that you keep playing with.

Anyways wish i got a refund since i bought halo 1 on MP and will be deleting it when i get this...[/QUOTE]

So your going to delete halo 1 that you purchased on market place despite the fact that the mp aspect of it won't be replicated on the anniversary edition? You do realize that at present you can lan with halo 1 purchased from market place if another 360 has a copy on it as well. The anniversary edition of multiplayer will be different. Far from the great multiplayer experience of H1. You won't even be able to nade down the camo in damnation in the anniversary edition. That's how bad of a port it is from the original. Get some friends over an LAN halo 1 on either the 360 or original xbox. It's physics and skill curve blows away h2, h3, reach, cod mW2, black ops, and any other game. About the only game that can rival halo 1 competitive factor is the original counter strike on PC.

Hey Wargod, let me know when the Xbox Originals version of Halo gets online co-op. That would be rad! Or highly improved graphics, or new story bits that connect to Halo 4. Or the ability to play Halo Reach's multiplayer with Halo 1 rules and abilities (a fact which you seem to be ignorant of). And Achievements!
'Cause that would be one amazing Xbox Original. I guess in the meantime, we'll all have to make due with this fancy, enhanced Xbox 360 version that's being sold at a reasonable price.

I preordered this when my $20 giftcard via Madden was passed out. So I get this for 20 bones AND get another $10 giftcard too? Awesomesauce!

[quote name='eastx']Hey Wargod, let me know when the Xbox Originals version of Halo gets online co-op. That would be rad! Or highly improved graphics, or new story bits that connect to Halo 4. Or the ability to play Halo Reach's multiplayer with Halo 1 rules and abilities (a fact which you seem to be ignorant of). And Achievements!
'Cause that would be one amazing Xbox Original. I guess in the meantime, we'll all have to make due with this fancy, enhanced Xbox 360 version that's being sold at a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]

I'm well aware of all the feature of the game. The feature that it lacks is the one that is the most important. What good are all these new features if they don't appease the crowd that the release is targeting, which is the original halo 1 players. The ability to play halo 1 CE online, with nothing changed is what the target base wanted (as indicated in the link I provided) and 343 didn't deliver on it. They got it half right, doing the campaign correctly, which is why I'll only be paying half the price. ($40-$10 amazon credit.) None the less, it's much more than Bungie ever offered, so perhaps 343 will one day release the original with online multi-player support. If I want to play reach online with halo 1 settings, I'll play reach right now using classic game settings.

Just a heads up I went to best buy and asked if they will pm' this in-store he said they should pm amazon pre order price, but they also may be having a similar or better deal closer to launch.

BUT no mid-night launch, so paying taxes does tack onto that.

[quote name='wargod']\What good are all these new features if they don't appease the crowd that the release is targeting, which is the original halo 1 players. The ability to play halo 1 CE online, with nothing changed is what the target base wanted (as indicated in the link I provided) and 343 didn't deliver on it. [/QUOTE]

I'm sure 80-90% of the people in this thread played the original, including me, and as you can see, we all intend to buy it anyway. Don't mistake your own very specific preference for everyone's.

It must be hard for ya, playing all these new Halo sequels and other games that come out every year, and finding that they don't play exactly like the first Halo on Xbox 1. The world just keeps moving on and on...

[quote name='timesplitt']technically its still 40

the 10 goes to "next" purchase[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know.
But with the way I spend money on Amazon It's a $10 gift card thats going to be spent anyways, so it will be $30 to me. I already have my 2012 game list made up outside of E3 and surprise announcements.

[quote name='eastx']I'm sure 80-90% of the people in this thread played the original, including me, and as you can see, we all intend to buy it anyway. Don't mistake your own very specific preference for everyone's.

It must be hard for ya, playing all these new Halo sequels and other games that come out every year, and finding that they don't play exactly like the first Halo on Xbox 1. The world just keeps moving on and on...[/QUOTE]

Of course the new games are not going to play exactly like the first halo on xbox 1. The game requires too much skill and software companies realized that their overall target base for FPS games is for those that like to have fun, not be competitive. No one likes getting owned continually in a game, and that is what would happen if H1 was released on xbox live in it's current format. Each year the skill curve gets more and more dumb down because in today's society, everyone has to be a winner. Just look at gears of war 3 in comparison to gears of war 2. Hell, look at the entire halo series. In terms of skill curve:

Halo 1>>>>>>>Halo 2>>>> Halo 3>>Reach

When the game developers made Halo 1, they never intended for it to be so competitive, but MLG took the game to new level. The skill curve in that game is ridiculous. Read this:

http://forums.majorleaguegaming.com/topic/52700-halo-one-beginners-guide/

So instead of getting a complete anniversary edition of the game where the play mechanics are the same for multiplayer, we only get 1/2 of the original edition, which is the campaign. It could have been so much better. I'll still get it to play the campaign with the enhanced graphics, but what a disappointment.

bread's done
Back