Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary $20 at Toys R Us

[quote name='plus1zero']That's because the majority of Internet tough guys are scrawny, geeky dudes. They're just venting that anger towards someone who talked bad or, heaven forbid on this site, post something that's not a deal or gets a little information wrong.[/QUOTE]

I honestly do not see the problem. Yes, it makes more threads, but isn't the point of the site to get this information to everyone? A lot of threads get lost in the shuffle of randomness. So if someone gets that deal to one person, they've done a great job in my book. If the op posted a duplicate thread, inform them politely. But to bash and ridicule them for trying to contribute to the community is petty and immature. The way some respond to these posts is giving the site a bad rep and makes people less likely to post information in fear of the reprocussions that may ensue. I am willing to bet that these same people have benefitted from these "abominable reposts."

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For the record, I would tell the same people I've been 'rude/a douchebag' to on here the exact same things I've posted on here to their face. But that's just because I'm as outspoken offline as I am online.:razz::booty: As for neudog getting so worked up over a duplicate thread, duplicates clog up the forums and lead to new deals being buried that would otherwise be on the first page.[/QUOTE]

I am referring to the users who deliberately ridicule and are so quick with unnecessary rudeness that causes more harm than it solves. Its all in the mannerism in which its conducted. The op was trying to help the community not hurt it but instead of being politely told how it's to be conducted they're bashed and publicly insulted. These guys and mods need to properly and civilly explain the rules. Its all in how you deliver the message that will determine how users contribute to the community.

[quote name='kobra90']Most of these people wouldn't say any of that to your face. People act tough with their keyboards and caps lock.[/QUOTE]

perhaps. i suspect these people are the ones that are prime candidates for school shootings or other things of that nature. this anger has to go somewhere so if venting online gets the anger out and thereby prevents enough pent up rage to prevent a school shooting i can accept the angry internet tough guy syndrome occuring even if the better solution is for people to stop acting like 12 years from xbox live.

[quote name='gordojones88']I'm still pissed there isn't a Halo Classic Remastered.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!!'!!!!!!! Yeah couldn't stop laughing at the title before either. Maybe it's coming out later for the vita or something :whistle2:/

Apologies to everyone I offended for posting it as Halo Remastered. In all fairness, I wrote the post at 4ish AM EST as I was approaching the end of my 3rd shift doing security on the weekend. I work at a Financial firm during the week, am married, and have a 2yr old son who wears me out when I get home (not complaining, I love my boy). I can't afford the game because of debt and other financial obligations and I really wanted the game as I am a huge fan of the series. I figured some people on CAG would benefit from the post. So next time you want to complain about me being a lazy CAG deal OP, I strongly recommend you carry an ice pack with you to use after I back hand you.

This game is awesome in 3D in case anyone was wondering or looking for a good 3D game. This is right up there with Killzone 3 as far as the quality of 3D goes in my opinion.

[quote name='kobra90']I honestly do not see the problem. Yes, it makes more threads, but isn't the point of the site to get this information to everyone? A lot of threads get lost in the shuffle of randomness. So if someone gets that deal to one person, they've done a great job in my book. If the op posted a duplicate thread, inform them politely. But to bash and ridicule them for trying to contribute to the community is petty and immature. The way some respond to these posts is giving the site a bad rep and makes people less likely to post information in fear of the reprocussions that may ensue. I am willing to bet that these same people have benefitted from these "abominable reposts."[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, I was being sarcastic. There have been several deals I'd miss because it was buried in some rambling thread.

[quote name='latin trident']Apologies to everyone I offended for posting it as Halo Remastered. In all fairness, I wrote the post at 4ish AM EST as I was approaching the end of my 3rd shift doing security on the weekend. I work at a Financial firm during the week, am married, and have a 2yr old son who wears me out when I get home (not complaining, I love my boy). I can't afford the game because of debt and other financial obligations and I really wanted the game as I am a huge fan of the series. I figured some people on CAG would benefit from the post. So next time you want to complain about me being a lazy CAG deal OP, I strongly recommend you carry an ice pack with you to use after I back hand you.[/QUOTE]

Latin trident, no need to explain or apologies to anyone.

[quote name='ryosnk']Latin trident, no need to explain or apologies to anyone.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. You were not to whom I was referring. I was talking about the ones throughout the community who feel problems are solved by rude comments, caps lock, and a plethora of exclamation points.

How u say that u are in debt.. I know it says cheapassgamer on the tittle but it's anything but cheap ppl here and the wrong place to be if broke. It's buy cheap but in bulk daily here lol my credit cards know this all to well. Am I right fellow peeps???? Black Friday to BB daily deals to anything crazy.... Cheap is on the title but nothing but crazy hardcore spenders here lol.... Gots to o apply for another credit card ...

[quote name='thegame956']How u say that u are in debt.. I know it says cheapassgamer on the tittle but it's anything but cheap ppl here and the wrong place to be if broke. It's buy cheap but in bulk daily here lol my credit cards know this all to well. Am I right fellow peeps???? Black Friday to BB daily deals to anything crazy.... Cheap is on the title but nothing but crazy hardcore spenders here lol.... Gots to o apply for another credit card ...[/QUOTE]

Is English your first language?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Someone needs to close this thread, it's just 4 pages of people bitching at each other.[/QUOTE]

Why so bossy?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Is English your first language?[/QUOTE]

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time but here it goes, no shit it is!!! Rag Lol, o wait your a chick sorry bout that have a great day mam.

Picked up my copy at TRU today, and all they had were a few slipcover versions. Did anyone NOT get a slipcover version at TRU?

I have no idea what a slipcover is but i picked up my Halo Anniversary and also did the BOGO to get Enslaved and Batman AA GOTY.

What happened to that TRU BOGO thread? I can't seem to find it.

Does this game only give you access to the remastered maps? Or can you play the other halo reach maps? I sold my copy of reach awhile ago.

[quote name='sgr76']I have no idea what a slipcover is but i picked up my Halo Anniversary and also did the BOGO to get Enslaved and Batman AA GOTY.

What happened to that TRU BOGO thread? I can't seem to find it.[/QUOTE]

a slipcover is the cardboard sleeve that some games and dvd movies have.

[quote name='scottman']Picked up my copy at TRU today, and all they had were a few slipcover versions. Did anyone NOT get a slipcover version at TRU?[/QUOTE]

Picked up mine yesterday and there must have been like 50+ of them on the shelf with slipcovers. Probably because I could not find a sign near the gaming area indicating it was $20 but it rang up no problem at the registrar. For NYC ppl, it was the Times Square store.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']Picked up mine yesterday and there must have been like 50+ of them on the shelf with slipcovers. Probably because I could not find a sign near the gaming area indicating it was $20 but it rang up no problem at the registrar. For NYC ppl, it was the Times Square store.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP and ZaPpA_721, I will pick it up after work today.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='latin trident']Apologies to everyone I offended for posting it as Halo Remastered. In all fairness, I wrote the post at 4ish AM EST as I was approaching the end of my 3rd shift doing security on the weekend. I work at a Financial firm during the week, am married, and have a 2yr old son who wears me out when I get home (not complaining, I love my boy). I can't afford the game because of debt and other financial obligations and I really wanted the game as I am a huge fan of the series. I figured some people on CAG would benefit from the post. So next time you want to complain about me being a lazy CAG deal OP, I strongly recommend you carry an ice pack with you to use after I back hand you.[/QUOTE]

I like this guy. :applause:

Tempting... I've spent so much this week because of CAG.

Showing OOS stock at EVERY TRU within like 2hrs from me, closest is two states away... So that leads me to believe either this is a really popular sale, or their stock system is pretty screwed up (maybe since the game is on sale they pulled them?).

Might check today quick, wanted to heave over that way today anyway. If not I'll just leave it go, not sure if I feel like hassling with BB to pm it if it's not in stock even remotely locally.

Thanks man, snagged a copy. Plenty left, all slip-covered in Robinson Twp, PA. Shot down on the 40% off a second game, but wasn't expecting it to fly. Would've loved to snag Rage (PC) for 6'ish.

[quote name='havuk']a slipcover is the cardboard sleeve that some games and dvd movies have.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. It had that on it. Plenty left at the store too.

[quote name='JKSonic']Showing OOS stock at EVERY TRU within like 2hrs from me, closest is two states away... So that leads me to believe either this is a really popular sale, or their stock system is pretty screwed up (maybe since the game is on sale they pulled them?).

Might check today quick, wanted to heave over that way today anyway. If not I'll just leave it go, not sure if I feel like hassling with BB to pm it if it's not in stock even remotely locally.[/QUOTE]

Might be worth a punt, I just tried at my local TRU (5 mins away local) which shows as OOS and they had 2 copies, both slip cover, so I got one.

I'd say if you have a TRU that's real close it might be worth a look. I was at the Media, PA TRU if anyone cares.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']Picked up mine yesterday and there must have been like 50+ of them on the shelf with slipcovers. Probably because I could not find a sign near the gaming area indicating it was $20 but it rang up no problem at the registrar. For NYC ppl, it was the Times Square store.[/QUOTE]

Don't they all come with the slipcover though?

[quote name='gamingdroid']Don't they all come with the slipcover though?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. The slipcover states there is a bonus avatar and skin. I checked Best buy and thy did not have the slipcovers. Maybe a TRU exclusive?

[quote name='benjamouth']Might be worth a punt, I just tried at my local TRU (5 mins away local) which shows as OOS and they had 2 copies, both slip cover, so I got one.

I'd say if you have a TRU that's real close it might be worth a look. I was at the Media, PA TRU if anyone cares.[/QUOTE]

That happens to me with BB all the time, doesn't show up in stock but I go in and find one. Heading over now to check, so we shall see.

[quote name='gamingdroid']Don't they all come with the slipcover though?[/QUOTE]
They stopped at a certain point. It seems to be more than the first printing but the ones hitting stores lately don't have the slipcovers anymore.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']They stopped at a certain point. It seems to be more than the first printing but the ones hitting stores lately don't have the slipcovers anymore.[/QUOTE]

The one I picked up this morning didn't have one. For half off I could care less

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']Not sure. The slipcover states there is a bonus avatar and skin. I checked Best buy and thy did not have the slipcovers. Maybe a TRU exclusive?[/QUOTE]

The slipcover came with the first printing of the game, regardless of where you purchased it. I had purchased it at Target awhile back, kept the multiplayer map codes and sold the game for almost as much as I paid for it new. It's pretty much hit or miss at this point.

Sold out at the NYC Times Square location

Well, worried for no reason as they still had two copies left! Both were slip covers with the extra codes too...

So just another heads up if your TRU is showing them OOS...it's still worth a trip (or a call if you feel like trusting the employees).

Just for clarification, Halo Anniversary is basically a remastering of the original Halo but upgraded for the 360? And it includes some of the maps for multi-play, all the basic play of the original etc. From what i read it has basically 2 game engines, one is the original game engine for Halo and the 2nd is a graphics engine to upgrade the graphics.

Does this also include the campaign for Halo 2 or is it just the campaign for Halo 1?

[quote name='borg20001']Just for clarification, Halo Anniversary is basically a remastering of the original Halo but upgraded for the 360? And it includes some of the maps for multi-play, all the basic play of the original etc. From what i read it has basically 2 game engines, one is the original game engine for Halo and the 2nd is a graphics engine to upgrade the graphics.

Does this also include the campaign for Halo 2 or is it just the campaign for Halo 1?[/QUOTE]

I played it briefly and yes, it is a remastering of the original Halo. It's not a simple "HD coating" remake though, they totally remade it. You have the ability to switch between the updated engine and the original engine and the difference is pretty drastic. A new copy of the game would come with a DLC code for the Anniversary map pack (can't remember how many or which maps come with it). It only includes the campaign for the original Halo, not Halo 2. For that you would have to resort to the old Xbox version.

[quote name='JKSonic']Showing OOS stock at EVERY TRU within like 2hrs from me, closest is two states away... [/QUOTE]

The TRU I checked was OOS but they ordered it for me. Perhaps this is an option for others.

[quote name='JKSonic']Well, worried for no reason as they still had two copies left! Both were slip covers with the extra codes too...

So just another heads up if your TRU is showing them OOS...it's still worth a trip (or a call if you feel like trusting the employees).[/QUOTE]
What do you mean, extra codes?

[quote name='oldgoon']I played it briefly and yes, it is a remastering of the original Halo. It's not a simple "HD coating" remake though, they totally remade it. You have the ability to switch between the updated engine and the original engine and the difference is pretty drastic. A new copy of the game would come with a DLC code for the Anniversary map pack (can't remember how many or which maps come with it). It only includes the campaign for the original Halo, not Halo 2. For that you would have to resort to the old Xbox version.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. Someone posted early on that they couldn't wait to Play Halo 1 and 2 with this Anniversary edition, but they must have been referring tot he multiplayer maps. I have Halo 1 and 2 for XBox but never finished them. I also had Halo 1 for the PC and did not finish it before my PC crapped out and I didn't feel like reinstalling the game on the new pc and starting over. But I just finished Reach and am working through the campaign for Halo 3 and thought this would be a good buy if i could also get Halo 1 and 2 for 360 to play through. I was never great at FPS on a console but am starting to get the knack. Was just wondering if this was worthwhile or not if I already had the XBox version. I'm an old school type who prefers the campaigns to online multiplayer maps.

I'm a campaign guy as well, and the Halo story is OUTSTANDING.
I highly recommend going back to Combat Evolved and playing them in order. You 'll really 'get' the story.
I'm not sure I would have appreciated Halo 3 as much if I hadn't played the others in order.

[quote name='Flacksguy']I'm a campaign guy as well, and the Halo story is OUTSTANDING.
I highly recommend going back to Combat Evolved and playing them in order. You 'll really 'get' the story.
I'm not sure I would have appreciated Halo 3 as much if I hadn't played the others in order.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, actually I also have/am reading the books (by Eric Nylund et. al) and have a pretty good idea on the backstory etc. And that's what compelled me to pick up the games and play them even though I sucked at FPS on a console. But it's very enjoyable. And since i didn't finish Halo 1 I'll probably do that. I'll have to see if any are left in stock at my TRU.

Thanks for the feedback.

[quote name='borg20001']Thanks for the info. Someone posted early on that they couldn't wait to Play Halo 1 and 2 with this Anniversary edition, but they must have been referring tot he multiplayer maps. I have Halo 1 and 2 for XBox but never finished them. I also had Halo 1 for the PC and did not finish it before my PC crapped out and I didn't feel like reinstalling the game on the new pc and starting over. But I just finished Reach and am working through the campaign for Halo 3 and thought this would be a good buy if i could also get Halo 1 and 2 for 360 to play through. I was never great at FPS on a console but am starting to get the knack. Was just wondering if this was worthwhile or not if I already had the XBox version. I'm an old school type who prefers the campaigns to online multiplayer maps.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Like you I am more of a campaign guy as well, the narrative and storyline of a game have a much longer-lasting effect on me and my opinion of a game.

bread's done
Back