Halo : Combat Evolved Anniversary Editon $14.99 @ Kmart 9/30-10/6

Tarheel76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey Hey Gamers.....for those that don't normally shop at Kmart, like myself, I've made this seperate thread from the overall ad that someone made earlier....just as a heads' up for those that are Halo fans, or have been wanting to try it out when an awesome price rolled around.

I just left my local Kmart...I made sure I was there right when they opened at 7a to pick up Halo : Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition (Xbox 360). I called last night to see if they had any in stock, & was told they had 3 left. I made sure to have the sale paper in hand, & I picked up 2 copies. (May try to flip the second copy & see how much I can get for it.)
They were ringing up $29.99, but after 2 people, ( 1 of which was a manager ), looked at the sale paper, they did the price override. So if anyone is in Tempe, AZ....I left you one copy !! Hurry Hurry !! :lol:
As I was just looking at Kmart's selection of games, they really don't have a big selection to choose from, and in most cases they only have an average of 1-3 copies of each title.
Enjoy the remainder of your weekend Gamers, & have a great week ahead !!

[quote name='Fukurou']How do you know if you get the extras? Is it written on the box?[/QUOTE]

Well that could be tricky.
There is a slipcover on this one. On the bottom it denotes the bonus and even has a pic of the skull and avatar armor. Now without the cover on it looks normal and doesn't have anything denoting it. Unless the editions without the slipcover are in different packaging then it could be hard to tell if someone removed the slipcover.

Sec. Will upload a photo.

EDIT: Okay, I didn't know there was another edition but if there is here is a photo the the game on the left and the slipcover on the right. This way you can see what it looks like under the slipcover in case they differ on the other supposed printing of the game. The second pic is a close up of the bottom of the slipcover denoting the bonus materials.

sidexside.jpg

pics.jpg

I have two questions about Halo: Combat Evolved:

1) If I don't have a Kmart within 50 miles of my local Best Buy, will they still price match the deal for $15?
2) Can somebody post me an online link to the website if they will price match the item to show when I'm checking out?

[quote name='Deman93']I have two questions about Halo: Combat Evolved:

1) If I don't have a Kmart within 50 miles of my local Best Buy, will they still price match the deal for $15?
2) Can somebody post me an online link to the website if they will price match the item to show when I'm checking out?[/QUOTE]

1) Don't know.
2) Grab the Sunday paper. It should be in there. Its not listed on there site as far as I know and if it was they would have probably fixed it pretty fast. Print is harder to fix. ;)

[quote name='Carbonite']1) Don't know.
2) Grab the Sunday paper. It should be in there. Its not listed on there site as far as I know and if it was they would have probably fixed it pretty fast. Print is harder to fix. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help but I can't seem to find the Sales Ad in the Sunday paper :/

Good picture that is the one my kmart would not sell me for 14.xx, so it could be YMMV for the version with bonus content. I just went to Walmart and price matched the "vanilla" version. Still happy to get the game.

Can someone take a picture of the ad and post it, so I can show it at Best Buy on my phone? Would greatly appritiate it

Deman most likely Bestbuy won't match it with closet store 50 miles away. I know when Final Fantasy 12-2 Collector's edition were 29.99 at gamestop my bestbuy would not price match because the closet Gamestop with it in stock was over 25 miles away and that was considered not in the same area for a price match.

got trolled by a kmart employee when trying to pick this up tonight

rang up as $30+tax

pointed out the ad

they said I have to be a kmart rewards member, tried to sign me up

i LOLed and will pricematch this at wal-mart or best buy tomorrow

So yeah, I was pretty excited when I saw this post. I'd been pondering buying it at my nearby BB when I noticed it for $24.99, so naturally I got a cheapass hard-on for this deal, especially since the Kmart within spitting distance from me still had the version with the paper sleeve and extra content. And all went well, I've got my game. Last copy they had too. Woo!

They really need to straighten their stuff out though. Last week the B2G1 clearance needed a manual override (not just for me but for several people [but you probably know that, dear reader]), and this time the damned game rang up at $29.99. I had the ad primed and ready to show the associate, and she tried telling me something like I had to buy the 360 advertised right beside it and on layaway (???????) to get the deal. Fortunately she was much more friendly than stubborn, and after the old and decrepit store manager stared at the ad quizzically, he said "just override it."

Well good to hear you're fine with the standard edition of it then.

[quote name='Carbonite']I was under the impression that there wasn't a second printing. I got the one with the codes as well. Still like six at my Kmart with codes.[/QUOTE]

Ah, how lucky for you folks. It looks like my area has been swept clean of the first run editions for a while now.

[quote name='jtron']Can someone take a picture of the ad and post it, so I can show it at Best Buy on my phone? Would greatly appritiate it[/QUOTE]

Don't believe we're allowed to post scans or photographs of ads here on CAG. But if you want to bring it up on your phone, aren't you able to bring up the website page itself?

http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/De...=1789718&pagenumber=17&listingid=-2056647945#

That should work for you without the physical ad.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Three different codes:
Skull, Male Avatar Armor, Female Avatar Armor[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thank you. Hope I can grab the skull one soon.

Wal-Mart gave me a hard time price matching... Had to speak to two associates and a manager. Pulled up their price match policy on my phone then they did it... Argh, stupid employees.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']
Don't believe we're allowed to post scans or photographs of ads here on CAG. But if you want to bring it up on your phone, aren't you able to bring up the website page itself?

http://kmart.shoplocal.com/kmart/De...=1789718&pagenumber=17&listingid=-2056647945#

That should work for you without the physical ad. [/QUOTE]
You are allowed to post scans of ads. It's been done before. And Best Buy and other stores prefer the physical ad. They usually don't honor online prices.

Oh great, I'm just now seeing this. So it's too late to get the Sunday Paper so I can get a physical copy of the Ad. Looks like I'm gonna have to take a trip into my local Kmart just so I can get an ad to use for price matching.

As late as I'm seeing this though, I never would have known about it if there wasn't a thread dedicated to it. So thanks OP for creating this thread.

Wait, it's in the Sunday ad? I looked at mine and don't see a thing regarding any game sales. Perhaps the ad differs per state?

[quote name='Raye']Perhaps the ad differs per state?[/QUOTE]

That's why they always list the states/cities/etc covered on the back of the flyers. For instance, my local flyers always say RI/MA/CT.

Just picked up a copy with avatar bonuses. It rang up at $14.99, no override needed. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='RoniSez']Just picked up a copy with avatar bonuses. It rang up at $14.99, no override needed. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

Same here. Thanks

I snagged this from a GameFly sale a while ago. I'd never played the original before, and I couldn't for the life of me understand why it was so special. Maybe if I'd played it 10 years ago, the remake would've been awesome...but as a newcomer, it didn't appeal to me at all.

[quote name='scottman']It's been $19.99 a few times with release bonus still in pack, so I don't know how flippable it will be. But some of you losers love to make 50 cents off games.

And that's not sinbad is it? I thought it was that guy that hosts family feud now. Or richard pryor...[/QUOTE]

A game sells millions of copies and you are worried about a few people buying it just to flip? The fact you think flippers are losers is more a reflection on you to be honest. You must think anyone who buys something for one price and sells it back for a higher price is a loser then.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I'm kinda surprised you found a copy with the avatar and grunt skull bonus. I haven't seen those in a while. Anybody here know of the avatar bonus and the skull bonus are two different codes?

I'd love to get the birthday party skull. It's hard to play campaign without the added cheers of joy for me.[/QUOTE]

The Kmart I went to had 7 copies left all with the bonus avatar stuff. No override was needed either. It just rang up at $14.99.

Just got back from Kmart, no bonus avatar copies, and it rang up $30. Had to get them override. No hassle from them though. Told my buddy about it so hopefully I can co op this.

Some douche decided to snag every copy of this at the Kmart in Cranston, RI. The clerk said there were 8, but he didn't know if they were the ones with the DLC or not.

[quote name='cancerman1120']A game sells millions of copies and you are worried about a few people buying it just to flip? The fact you think flippers are losers is more a reflection on you to be honest. You must think anyone who buys something for one price and sells it back for a higher price is a loser then.[/QUOTE]

And what does it say about him? Inquiring minds must know.

[quote name='cancerman1120']The Kmart I went to had 7 copies left all with the bonus avatar stuff. No override was needed either. It just rang up at $14.99.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thejnc']Just got back from Kmart, no bonus avatar copies, and it rang up $30. Had to get them override. No hassle from them though. Told my buddy about it so hopefully I can co op this.[/QUOTE]

This is why some of you are needing overrides and others aren't. They have different UPC numbers.

[quote name='Nintendonly']This is why some of you are needing overrides and others aren't. They have different UPC numbers.[/QUOTE]

I got the copy with bonus content and needed an override, so I'm pretty sure the reason boils down to Kmart being dumb as hell.

For those keeping score:

Bonus Content-Yes
Override-No
...for me here in Virginia. BTW, the store had plenty of ads up at the front desk for those who need them.
Like myself, since I recycled mine before I saw this thread.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']And what does it say about him? Inquiring minds must know.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who concerns themself so much with people that flip games that they go out of their way to call them "losers" is a fairly miserable person. It is the type of person who thinks someone else is always screwing them or they would always get something if is just wasn't for "that person". Flippers are not your problem. I could care less if someone buys a copy of a game to sell someplace else. I am not a fan of buying 8 copies of the game but again it is not enough of a concern for me to think those people are losers. Loser is just a term that miserable people throw around because they are unhappy with themselves.

[quote name='Blank Earth']I snagged this from a GameFly sale a while ago. I'd never played the original before, and I couldn't for the life of me understand why it was so special. Maybe if I'd played it 10 years ago, the remake would've been awesome...but as a newcomer, it didn't appeal to me at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was the time. The graphics were great then, and the enemies were smarter than most other games. Plus when I first played it nobody knew about the flood yet and it was a major twist in the game and it was a killer one at that. The whole game your fighting the elites and grunts and what have you and then all of the sudden boom, they played it just right.

You can't go back and get it again, you can be nostalgic about it like I am if you played it then but even then some of the luster is gone, but back then I enjoyed the heck out of it and system linked a metric ton with my friends so we could see who was top dog. lol

[quote name='cancerman1120']Anyone who concerns themself so much with people that flip games that they go out of their way to call them "losers" is a fairly miserable person. It is the type of person who thinks someone else is always screwing them or they would always get something if is just wasn't for "that person". Flippers are not your problem. I could care less if someone buys a copy of a game to sell someplace else. I am not a fan of buying 8 copies of the game but again it is not enough of a concern for me to think those people are losers. Loser is just a term that miserable people throw around because they are unhappy with themselves.[/QUOTE]

I think he's unhappy with the people not leaving copies for people who want to play the game rather then himself.

But hey, maybe the assumed flipper was buying copies for his clan.

Hmm. If Wal-Mart will price match I wonder if I can get an additional discount through my mother's employee discount? ;)

Called my local and they said $30 and no Bonus. Will probably just PM at Best Buy then.

My BBY didn't have it. If they call the local K and they say $30..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up a copy at BBY using the paper ad. Neither Kmart nor BBY had the slip cover Bonus edition. Ah well, just happy to get a copy for $15.

Lol thanks for informing me about the .99 shipping. I just got one for myself. Anyone knows how long it usually takes to arrive?

Thanks OP, did a price match at BBY for this when I was picking up something else. Been waiting on it for awhile now.

I can understand people wanting to keep things in the weekly ads, but I wouldn't have seen this deal otherwise.

[quote name='Shimisi']Am I the only one who just ordered this from k-mart's website instead? What gives?[/QUOTE]

Considering through yesterday it was still $30 on their site, I can't imagine many who tried to get the "deal" (especially when it was thought to be an error, perhaps) even knew about this until now.

Went ahead and submitted the price to Amazon for matching. [crosses fingers]

[quote name='Shimisi']Am I the only one who just ordered this from k-mart's website instead? What gives?[/QUOTE]

On Sunday, when the sale started, they didn't have the correct price loaded on the website. Instead of taking a chance if they were going to fix it or not, I, along with perhaps others, just decided to head to the store instead. Glad to see they've got the price fixed online and in-store, according to what others have mentioned. Hopefully everyone is getting the extra DLCs, etc.

I just picked up my copy and it rang up $14.99. Even the clerk was surprised at the price. I had also checked the price online and it was listed at $14.99.

BTW, for my fellow Fort Lauderdale CAG members, I went to the Kmart located at 670 E Oakland Park Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL and they had 10 more copies on the shelf.

Perhaps it wasn't the $14.99 price that was the mistake in the flyer. Maybe the part about it being $5 off was the mistake. It's possible that it should have been $15 off, but they screwed it up and left the first digit off.

No sign in the game cabinet in south St. Louis County, but all copies left were the first print run w/Avatar stuff. Rang up $14.99 no problem.

As I understand it, Halo CE Anniversary first print has both male & female Avatar items as well as a Skull. I couldn't care less about the avatar stuff, but what's the deal with the skull? Is buying a copy of Anniversary with the bonus stuff the only way to get the skull?

[quote name='The End']As I understand it, Halo CE Anniversary first print has both male & female Avatar items as well as a Skull. I couldn't care less about the avatar stuff, but what's the deal with the skull? Is buying a copy of Anniversary with the bonus stuff the only way to get the skull?[/QUOTE]

Its just like the skulls in the later versions of the game. You have a bunch of skulls you can find in the game that you can turn on or off in the menus and they do certain things. Some make the game harder and some are just for laughs. Like making grunts explode into confetti and such.

This particular one is called "Grunt Funeral Skull" and it makes it so when you kill a grunt they explode like a grenade a second or two later.

It can only be had via this edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYfNBCHYHFE

bread's done
Back