Halo Reach, Fable III, $29 each; 12 Mo. XBL - $44.96 at Walmart - Starts Saturday

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I received an email from Walmart that stated the 12 month card would be $29. This price has not gone live.
All offers end 2/26, except the console deal, which ends 3/5. It's definitely going to be online, don't know about in-store.

:360: Xbox 360 Elite with bonus wireless Controller and Forza/Alan Wake $299
:360: Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Card $44.96
:360: Halo Reach $29
:360: Fable III $29

edit: until Cheapy hears back from Walmart concerning the 12 XBL cards, we have to go on the assumption that they sent him erroneous information and that they are 44.96

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know if i can eat a taco in the store while im shopping? Target wont let me do this and Kmart follows me around the store whenever i do this

[quote name='CheapyD']The email I have from them clearly states $29 for the 12 month cards. I sent an email.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone doubts you Cheapy. I'm sure Wal-Mart changed their minds about putting the 12 month cards on sale for $30. Too low even for them apparently. Too bad. :(

Hopefully they will give you some good fuckn excuse why they kept us all waiting up late for nothing though.

Oh... Well it was too good to be thrue, still showing $44.99, I am disapointed.. just there were expectations for $29 .

The prices on walmart.com are rollbacks which would indicate that these aren't even sales but now walmart standard prices, right?

[quote name='headlikeahole']anyone know if i can eat a taco in the store while im shopping? Target wont let me do this and Kmart follows me around the store whenever i do this[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can. Wal-Mart is a complete free-for-all full of dirty people and crying, screaming, kids. A guy eating a taco is the least of their worries.

i feel like this

nelson-muntz.gif

[quote name='headlikeahole']anyone know if i can eat a taco in the store while im shopping? Target wont let me do this and Kmart follows me around the store whenever i do this[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lionheart4life']Yeah you can. Wal-Mart is a complete free-for-all full of dirty people and crying, screaming, kids. A guy eating a taco is the least of their worries.[/QUOTE]

^LOL, thinking the same thing just didn't want to post it. The only way I shop there is online and I pay for them to ship it to me. Don't even want to step foot into one of their stores.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']^LOL, thinking the same thing just didn't want to post it. The only way I shop there is online and I pay for them to ship it to me. Don't even want to step foot into one of their stores.[/QUOTE]
You can eat a taco in there. I don't know if the resulting food poisoning is worth it though.

Eheh, 30$ for halo reach, 30$ for black ops, and killzone3 with 20$ gift card all in about a week span making out like a bandit! To bad still no 30$ live cards.

[quote name='Fira']Eheh, 30$ for halo reach, 30$ for black ops, and killzone3 with 20$ gift card all in about a week span making out like a bandit! To bad still no 30$ live cards.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see $30 for black ops?

[quote name='merchie89']staying up all night for 30 dollar cards is kinda odd. Cards are at 30 more often then you think.....sometimes OPs trick ya!!![/QUOTE]
maybe a year ago, not anymore

[quote name='Brother Daz']maybe a year ago, not anymore[/QUOTE]

Not trying to start something but they've been at 30 or 35 about 3-4 times in the past few months. Between walmart the last time, buy.com i think, newegg also i believe and dashboard deals.

[quote name='merchie89']Not trying to start something but they've been at 30 or 35 about 3-4 times in the past few months. Between walmart the last time, buy.com i think, newegg also i believe and dashboard deals.[/QUOTE]

Yes 35 but not 30. Not sure where you saw that price $30.

[quote name='foreinter']Where did you see $30 for black ops?[/QUOTE]
was on amazon couple days ago, was 39 so my bad, dunno if it still is

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Is everything else showing up at the price in the original post?

I see Halo Reach is.[/QUOTE]Everything else comes up at the advertised prices. Only the gold card is different from what they originally told Cheapy. I've updated the OP to reflect the current sale price.

Yea I went down to the store to see if I could buy the card for the online price. Evidentally walmart doesn't honor their online prices in their store... Yet I could buy the card "online" and have it "shipped" to the store on Monday. Does anyone else think this is asinine?

[quote name='Doctajoyce']Yea I went down to the store to see if I could buy the card for the online price. Evidentally walmart doesn't honor their online prices in their store... Yet I could buy the card "online" and have it "shipped" to the store on Monday. Does anyone else think this is asinine?[/QUOTE]

What's really stupid about that is how high oil prices are and how bad the economy is...yet they would rather waste shipping something like that (and the whole process that is involved...getting it from the warehouse, packing it, load it, etc) than just PMing it.

I did this with their 1600pt card sale a while back. It was free shipping to the store and only took about 5 days instead of the 7-10 it said. Went in to customer service and they directed me to the back so I went there and they had to look for it in the waaaay way back. When he finally came out with it he opened it there (and struggled with it) to check if it was the right thing. Seemed like a lot of trouble when I could have just walked into the store and bought it on the same day.

[quote name='Doctajoyce']Yea I went down to the store to see if I could buy the card for the online price. Evidentally walmart doesn't honor their online prices in their store... Yet I could buy the card "online" and have it "shipped" to the store on Monday. Does anyone else think this is asinine?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JKSonic']What's really stupid about that is how high oil prices are and how bad the economy is...yet they would rather waste shipping something like that (and the whole process that is involved...getting it from the warehouse, packing it, load it, etc) than just PMing it.

I did this with their 1600pt card sale a while back. It was free shipping to the store and only took about 5 days instead of the 7-10 it said. Went in to customer service and they directed me to the back so I went there and they had to look for it in the waaaay way back. When he finally came out with it he opened it there (and struggled with it) to check if it was the right thing. Seemed like a lot of trouble when I could have just walked into the store and bought it on the same day.[/QUOTE]

Could you ladies stop whining. Walmart is a multi billion dollar company. While they might be evil, they certainly aren't stupid. There are valid reasons for why they do this.

I can't believe Cheapy lied to us about the 12 month cards. My friend needs a sub cheap.

[quote name='confoosious']Could you ladies stop whining. Walmart is a multi billion dollar company. While they might be evil, they certainly aren't stupid. There are valid reasons for why they do this.

I can't believe Cheapy lied to us about the 12 month cards. My friend needs a sub cheap.[/QUOTE]

Could you ladies stop whining about Cheapy "lying" to us. I'm sure Cheapy was sitting in his throne room with a monocle in his eye and a hypoallergenic cat in his lap thinking "How am I going to troll the community? I've got it! I'm going to post a fake deal and make them all sit up to midnight waiting for it muhahahaha!"

I don't think Cheapy lied to us, I think Walmart just changed their minds last minute. Why? Because they want to punch America in the face.

I don't think Cheapy lied to us, I think Walmart just changed their minds last minute. Why? Because they want to punch America in the face.

I was kidding about Cheapy. It was just some poor communication. $29 for 12 months was too good to be true. That's BB clearance pricing.

btw - your sig is creepy.

I just got of the phone with Xbox live customer service. Although I did wait on hold for a few minutes the end result was worth it. I ended up getting the year subscription for 39 with tax. It was 40 percent off the normal price. I'm content paying that for a year of live. :)

[quote name='TMStar']I don't think Cheapy lied to us, I think Walmart just changed their minds last minute. Why? Because they want to punch America in the face.[/QUOTE]
They do that every day of the year to their underpaid employees while putting all of the local businesses out of business because they can't compete with ChinaMart/MSRPMart.

[quote name='confoosious']Could you ladies stop whining. Walmart is a multi billion dollar company. While they might be evil, they certainly aren't stupid. There are valid reasons for why they do this.
[/QUOTE]

You act like I care that they do it... I'm just saying it's STUPID that they do it, FOR THEM. In no way can it make them more money to do it that way because there are much more people involved in the process. More steps = more money. Instead of me just walking into the store and picking it up, they had to retrieve it, pack it, load it, ship it, unload it, retrieve it again, and open it.

At least places like BB wised up and just PM their website to make it easier on everybody.

I just woke up from my 7 hrs of sleep, I feel fresh and refreshed! Sucks for the rest of you that stayed up!

I'll be optimistic though, maybe tomorrow?

bread's done
Back