Halo Reach Legendary Edition $104.98 Target Clearence YMMV

dizmilli

CAGiversary!
I picked up a Halo Reach Legendary Edition for $104.98 at Target in Roseville, CA. It was in the clearance section so its very YMMV. Not bad of a price but I have a huge buyers remorse. Well good luck, i will post pics if CAGs want proof. First thread, please don't flame me!!

Funny stuff. I got a 10% off all-day coupon in the mail today(11-05) for my red card visa. I did the ole' return and buy using my new discounts. I used my card and coupon so $104.98- 10.50 (10%) - 4.72 (5%) + $7.41 (tax)= $97.17.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL well you can always return within 90 days if you decide you don't want it, unless you opened it of course. I think it's a good deal, and if you don't want the armor DLC, you can sell that on eBay for like 50-60 bucks.

stoked you got a deal and now you're freaking out about it, hahaha. Thanks for the heads up, I would jump on this if I didn't already have Reach. The Statue looks cool though!

[quote name='SCDallas']stoked you got a deal and now you're freaking out about it, hahaha. Thanks for the heads up, I would jump on this if I didn't already have Reach. The Statue looks cool though![/QUOTE]

Well I already have a copy of halo, that's why I have remorse...

i flame you :):)

great find but $104.98 is still high for it that's three new games at target from the b2g1 deal

I have been checking on a lone copy at my Target. Not sure I'd pull the trigger unless it was really cheap.

I thought when I went up to cash regs that the LE was going to be included in the b2g1 deal until I realized that the b2g1 was for $59.99 or under. I ended up buying 3 kinect games and halo which came out to $222.xx. I wasn't exactly thrilled with the total. I hope someone else jumps on this deal.

Now, I wanna buy a Halo 3 LE so I can get the helmet

Just wait a few months, it will be $40 on newegg in no time, just like Halo 3's LE. I have yet to find a collector's edition of a game not go cheaper than the standard edition of that game.

Man is this a joke???? I will never believe bungie ever again saying they actually limited this game so it does not do what halo 3 leg did. The statue still sits in the box and the flame head is the only reason to get this. I am so pfft right now they seemed to be doing what bungie promised it would not do. I guess no company can be trusted these days. I paid 126 shipped from gohastings and i regret it took 3 damn weeks to get to me! They kept lying to me and so many mishaps it was not worth saving 40 bones. But this is so worth it for 104 just for the flame head code. Just sell off the statue it is do big and after awhile you will store it away like i did.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']Just wait a few months, it will be $40 on newegg in no time, just like Halo 3's LE. I have yet to find a collector's edition of a game not go cheaper than the standard edition of that game.[/QUOTE]

Mass effect 1 and 2
Bioshock 1

[quote name='nddave']Mass effect 1 and 2
Bioshock 1[/QUOTE]

Tales of Vesperia
Assassin's Creed
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (I think)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']The statue still sits in the box and the flame head is the only reason to get this. [/QUOTE]

i have mineout in display looks pretty sweet

i bought 1 for $120 sold the code and the limited edition case with game-

just wanted the statue wich i ended up keeping for $15.

already had halo got it from amazon for $40

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Tales of Vesperia
Assassin's Creed
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (I think)[/QUOTE]

Dead Space. If you can get that CE for less than the standard copy, you are either God himself, or a thief.

Mass Effect 2 CE was cheaper than the regular version at one point when it was on clearance at Target...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Tales of Vesperia
Assassin's Creed
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (I think)[/QUOTE]

You forgot Demons Souls :razz:

Oh yeah and one from last gen:

Metal Gear Solid 3.

Funny stuff. I got a 10% off all-day coupon in the mail today for my red card visa. I did the ole' return and buy using my new discounts. I used my card and coupon so $104.98- 10.50 (10%) - 4.72 (5%) + $7.41 (tax)= $97.17.

I just opened up the halo LE and I guess karma came my way and I broke the shotgun piece while assembling the statue. Not bad of a deal.

I also ended up trading in my other halo reach to amazon for $38.00. Thanks again to SHC because I bought my original copy of reach for about $20 after coupons.

My girlfriend just saw the statue and she gave me a dirty look as I was typing. "It's my money, trick!!!"

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']Just wait a few months, it will be $40 on newegg in no time, just like Halo 3's LE. I have yet to find a collector's edition of a game not go cheaper than the standard edition of that game.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect 1/Dragon Age Origins (which Bioware destroyed the value of with putting all the CE exclusive stuff minus the physical books on the P.H. version of Mass Effect 1 and why would you track down the Dragon Age Origins CE when the Ultimate Version has everything for $60.)
Mass Effect 2 (DLC from that edition still sells for a good amount)
Bioshock 1
Tales of Vesperia
Demon's Souls
AC 1/2
Dead Space
MGS 3/4
NGS 2
Forza 3

Basically if the game has a limited print run, or is exclusive to a particular retailer it will gain in value. The Halo and CoD ones don't gain in value because they were mass produced.

[quote name='youenvy']too big??

damn i wish i had this one--don't know where id put it though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBUIvJrqv6A[/QUOTE]

Yeah actually it takes up a lot of space. I do prof quality customs which makes the paint job on this so so in my eyes. I kind of retired so repainting this to look really drop dead gorgeous is low. I prefer the halo stuff to look real to the game. An example would be the emile visor should look scratched then have metallic metal look to it like the game. If you never owned a nice custom item i doubt this will look so so to you. It looks nice but if i did a full repaint on this wow would people go nuts over it.

Do not get me wrong the paints i use are expensive and would cost mcfarlane so much more money to produce these with better paint application. If i display stuff i want it looking super awesome.

If they have these dirt cheap like the helmets on halo 3 i will buy 1-2 and repaint them and show what i am talking about.

Overall it looks awesome but the lack of space and the stuff that needs tweaking on this puts me off. I am picky like i said cause i can see how awesome this would look if i redid the paintjob from head to toe.

Is it worth forking over $150 or $120 just to get the statue i would pass. If you want the flame helmet and the statue it is worth it. I love the flame helmet and the best effect IMO.

In case anyone is interested I just bought this today at the target in north hollywood, CA which was on clearance for 74.98. It was about 83 with tax and everything. I saw one more ther but don't know if it'll last or if they have any more in the back so if anyone is interested good luck.

bread's done
Back