Halo Reach Legendary Edition - $59.99 @Gamestop

Good deal, one gamestop had them for $59.99 and was out of stock. and then I checked another across the city, for $19.99, got two!
mail

mail

gamestop seems to have a bunch of these just sitting there I expect a lower price until gone. Were these over made or under bought.

I know after the halo 3 legendary rippoff Me being the hardcore was still pissed.

looks like a lot gamers beat me to it...went into my local gamestop asked how much they were selling halo reach legendary (since you can't assume the internet price is the same for b&m) and it rang up for $19.99+tax....confirmed in philadephia, pa....looks like they are trying to get rid of the legendary packages.

Thanks OP. Picked up 1 for $20. Cashier was confused as heck but still rang it through. For a second there he debated about it being an error but honored the price anyway.

Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely step foot into gamestop tomorrow, for the first time in...in....... I can't even remember.

My stores are either oos or saying its $79.99. Kind of weird, I thought the prices were standard. Grats to those getting it for $19.99.

-

well shit I'm gonna have to stop at gamestop today and try to get one of these fools for $20.
If they try to charge me $60 i'm outta there with my money

[quote name='i77ogical']Reach is hemorrhaging players in multiplayer. If you buy this for the flaming helmet, very few people will notice![/QUOTE]

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I would say I've never had any issue connecting or forming parties with others that I don't know quickly.

Could you like us to some info showing the drop, just curious and would like to see.

The last week of XBL activity I can find (mid-Dec. 2010) has Reach #3 behind COD BLOPS and MW2.

What I want to know is how people are getting the $20 price scans to go though? Mine scanned at $19.99, but the clerk adjusted it to the "correct" $59.99. Are you guys just getting lucky with the stupidest clerks in the stores who don't seem to notice that big box is selling for less than a Platinum Hits title or what? I don't want to drive around to stores and waste gas and time hoping to hit the jackpot with a sloppy/careless/stupid clerk.

[quote name='DirkBelig']The last week of XBL activity I can find (mid-Dec. 2010) has Reach #3 behind COD BLOPS and MW2.

What I want to know is how people are getting the $20 price scans to go though? Mine scanned at $19.99, but the clerk adjusted it to the "correct" $59.99. Are you guys just getting lucky with the stupidest clerks in the stores who don't seem to notice that big box is selling for less than a Platinum Hits title or what? I don't want to drive around to stores and waste gas and time hoping to hit the jackpot with a sloppy/careless/stupid clerk.[/QUOTE]
Thats exactly whats happening

The girl that rang me up is, in a lesser term, a ditz. She's been there I think maybe 3 months, and this was like the second time I've seen her run the store by herself ever. So I guess she just had no idea how to even manually change a price.

Nope. $59.99. The clerk at my cool GS said that yesterday morning, the price change sheet said $19.99. 15 minutes later, an email came from corp that said DO NOT CHARGE 19.99!!! But some people just didn't pay attention, evidently. It is changed in the system now, unfortunately.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thats exactly whats happening[/QUOTE]Oh well. Good score for the lucky. Still a good deal for anyone but those poor schmucks who shelled out the buck-fifty less than five months ago. Patience pays off. In this case, $90.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Nope. $59.99. The clerk at my cool GS said that yesterday morning, the price change sheet said $19.99. 15 minutes later, an email came from corp that said DO NOT CHARGE 19.99!!! But some people just didn't pay attention, evidently. It is changed in the system now, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]
I'm prone to temptation. (sigh)

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Nope. $59.99. The clerk at my cool GS said that yesterday morning, the price change sheet said $19.99. 15 minutes later, an email came from corp that said DO NOT CHARGE 19.99!!! But some people just didn't pay attention, evidently. It is changed in the system now, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what happened... No go at the local GS, the price is already corrected :whistle2:( PS you have to be lucky to have someone "dumb" enough to let the $19.99 price slide... Most clerks in NYC are not that dumb :lol: I believe there's a footnote at the checkout screen too before the price correction (hence explains why some people rang up $19.99 and still charged $59.99).

Oh, once the price is corrected in the system, it will not ring up as $19.99 anymore, I just tried this morning... So, yeah, don't bother. IMO, the $19.99 price is the clearance price, if the $59.99 price is not clearing them out, $19.99 probably will, so be patient :)

Yeah I stopped by this morning and the clerk told me the same thing who ever got it yesterday got lucky that the employees didnt check there email

darn. Missed my window of opportunity. Now people can't say "I'LL GET IT WHEN IT HITS $19.99"...cause it was actually possible for a while to get one...$49.99 is my sweet spot..come on Amazon! MATCH!!!

I purchased before and sold the DLC for $42-$6.30 in eGay fees-$1.52 payscam fees-$4 to ship the code. made approximately $30. Considering I got amazon.com gc for the purchase price at 50% off(those deals) it means I receive a free game. well worth it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DirkBelig']The last week of XBL activity I can find (mid-Dec. 2010) has Reach #3 behind COD BLOPS and MW2.

What I want to know is how people are getting the $20 price scans to go though? Mine scanned at $19.99, but the clerk adjusted it to the "correct" $59.99. Are you guys just getting lucky with the stupidest clerks in the stores who don't seem to notice that big box is selling for less than a Platinum Hits title or what? I don't want to drive around to stores and waste gas and time hoping to hit the jackpot with a sloppy/careless/stupid clerk.[/QUOTE]
The clerk that sold it to me, two actually, told me they are selling this lower then the regular price at $59.99 @gamestop for the moment. He knew what was going on, there was 3 left, I took two, the clerk himself took the last one, the other clerk just laughed and was telling me to be careful about the weapons that are included, fragile. It was the best gamestop experience I had in months, not because of the 19.99 edition, but they were not pushing products on my face. haaa zaa! :applause:

For anyone that ordered one of these off of Gamestop in the past, how did they ship it? This thing is so big I wouldn't be surprised if they just slapped the shipping label on the outside of it (similar to how printers are usually shipped), instead of putting an actual shipping box around this thing.

my store that had like 15 left 3 days ago, had 0 when i went to buy it last night, they said they had one left but apparently they think someone stole it cause it was nowhere to be found, smh >__

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']my store that had like 15 left 3 days ago, had 0 when i went to buy it last night, they said they had one left but apparently they think someone stole it cause it was nowhere to be found, smh >__

I am going to try and pick one up after work, I was going to bite at $80 but then it dropped to $60 so that is even better

If I get one I will just sell off the code for whatever, I have no intention of needing to use it so even a few dollars is enough

Was able to pick one up today. Looked like it was in pristine condition too. Already put codes on eBay to see what I can get for them.

Can anyone confirm if it still scans at $20? Did GameStop update their POS system? Debating if I should buy Halo Reach....

I love Halo 1 and 2. I never played Halo 3. Do I need to play Halo 3 before playing Reach? I was thinking of getting COD black Ops for $40....Is it worth getting? I already have COD MW2. The only thing I see in Ops is the zombie mode. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

[quote name='The Punisher']Can anyone confirm if it still scans at $20? Did GameStop update their POS system? Debating if I should buy Halo Reach....

I love Halo 1 and 2. I never played Halo 3. Do I need to play Halo 3 before playing Reach? I was thinking of getting COD black Ops for $40....Is it worth getting? I already have COD MW2. The only thing I see in Ops is the zombie mode. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
No, Reach actually takes place before Halo CE(1)
As for Black Ops, I actually enjoy the MP a lot more than MW2. The story was also very good IMO

Thanks OP.
I was able to pick one up yesterday, rang up $59.99. Went next door to BB and traded in my vanilla copy of Reach for $30 GC, showed them the GS receipt and they price matched (YMMV on that).
After tax I got to upgrade my regular Reach to Legendary for $34. Ended up returning the one I picked up from GS.

[quote name='Brother Daz']No, Reach actually takes place before Halo CE(1)
As for Black Ops, I actually enjoy the MP a lot more than MW2. The story was also very good IMO[/QUOTE]

Thanks.
I guess since no one can confirm, GS fixed the $20 price error?
I wonder if Best Buy would price match Costco $49.99?
I probably not going to get COD black Ops because I want Marvel Vs Capcom 3. I hope they add Gulie ;)

[quote name='The Punisher']I guess since no one can confirm, GS fixed the $20 price error?[/QUOTE]

It was confirmed several posts before you ever asked the question.

Went to 2 Gamestops, the first was sold out and the 2nd had one copy left! Bought it and sold the codes on ebay for $40. So all in all this cost me about $20

The statue is huge, thanks for the heads up guys and glad I did not drop $80 last week on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked thru the box today and must say as far as the presentation goes, it's pretty deluxe. A little worried about snapping together the statue, but the diary and all the cards and papers are interestingly done. Definitely not the usual lame "making of DVD" pack-in that they charge extra for.

I think I'll sell my DLC on Craig's List to save on eBay fees. If I get $40, I'll actually make a couple of bucks on the deal and get all the rest for free. Nice.

I am now the proud owner of halo reach legendary edition :D thanks OP!

Now I need to decide if I should keep the flaming armor for myself or sell it :\

And this is why I should read every single thread, even if I'm not interested. Was ignoring it because I already have Halo Reach. Legendary for $20? I would have been all over that.

Sold my DLC codes on eBay for $45. After fees got around $37. Forgot how much eBay hoses you. Either way still awesome. I ended up selling my copy of Reach for $30 on craiglist so I got all the special stuff for nothing.

I already had Reach too but i'm a sucker for collectible game stuff so i went to check it out and trade in my original Reach and another game.
They told me they'd only give me $17 for my copy of Reach (straight from the computer) but when the girl rang it up it gave me $37 trade in on mine.

That plus the other game trade in ($7) got me Legendary Edition for less than $20 after taxes.
My receipt has some kind of promo code on my trade in for an extra $18 (double the trade in value) so either i hit some kind of policy i never heard of or they chick worked some discount magic :D

[quote name='Daviddenton3']I already had Reach too but i'm a sucker for collectible game stuff so i went to check it out and trade in my original Reach and another game.
They told me they'd only give me $17 for my copy of Reach (straight from the computer) but when the girl rang it up it gave me $37 trade in on mine.

That plus the other game trade in ($7) got me Legendary Edition for less than $20 after taxes.
My receipt has some kind of promo code on my trade in for an extra $18 (double the trade in value) so either i hit some kind of policy i never heard of or they chick worked some discount magic :D[/QUOTE]

They are running a promo at the moment....You get $35 credit (plus power up bonus on the standard trade in value) towards a new copy of one of these eight games when you trade one of these eight games in....The 8 titles are: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Fable III, Gran Turismo 5, Halo Reach, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

[quote name='K_G']They are running a promo at the moment....You get $35 credit (plus power up bonus on the standard trade in value) towards a new copy of one of these eight games when you trade one of these eight games in....The 8 titles are: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Fable III, Gran Turismo 5, Halo Reach, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/[/QUOTE]

oh wow thats a good deal...waiting for my copy of halo reach from gohastings if it's in good condition, i might pick this up since I have a $25 giftcard to there anyways...

bread's done
Back