Halo : Reach Legendary Edition 79.99 at Gamestop

Feldrane

CAG Veteran
My buddy called me up to let me know Gamestop was selling Halo Reach Legendary for eighty bucks. Called the store closest to me...they confirmed and said they had five copies. Bought two...

If you guys want this for $40, just sell the DLC on eBay for $40. That's what I did when I bought the Legendary Edition for $75 during Amazon's Lightning deal. :)

I got it for $75 on the lightning deal, with $20 credit, making it $55. Sold the codes on eBay for $50, so I ultimately got HR Legendary for 5 bucks.

I'm starting to wonder how low we'll see this go... I'm in under $50. Probably be February or so. And where are those people now that were saying "This will never drop in price!!!"?

sold my codes for 50 making it a 25 deal for me. Good to know the B&M stores are going to start serious clearances.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I'm starting to wonder how low we'll see this go... I'm in under $50. Probably be February or so. And where are those people now that were saying "This will never drop in price!!!"?[/QUOTE]
Sitting in a corner crying, wishing they didnt spend $150 on it :lol:

I got my LE today from amazon. I sold the codes for $55+5 shipping. Traded in my copy of Reach I got from amazon for $42 (thanks to 30% ECA discount) which also came with a $20 promo credit for almost $30 in amazon credit. So I paid $48 cash and I got approx that much back for the auction. Nothing like a free upgrade.

I jumped on the preorder of legendary cause so many people including bungie over and over said it was not going to be like halo 3 legendary. I know bungie said it to and i kinda fell for that. I feel really used now by bungie. I love the flame helmet but the statue is still packed away like my halo 3 leg helmets... The helmet from halo 3 i digged a lot more then this statue. I should of known better BUT i thought bungie was not lying and trying to make there last game a great last game they do on the halo series. I so should of known better so i blame myself for falling for the trickery about it not being like the halo 3 leg ver. This makes me dislike bungie even more and bet even more when the new map pack will be so so and nothing big for $10.

[quote name='Japakneez']Wow. Why are the codes worth so much. What are they?[/QUOTE]
The one that's worth a lot is the flaming skull and I guess it's worth that much because you can only get it in the legendary edition. I just bought one on Amazon last week when they were $75. Parted it off and turned my $75 Amazon credit into $100 cash. Note when people say they sold a code for $YY amount they actually only get $XX. You have to consider ebay/paypal/shipping fees.

[quote name='ShockandAww']T Note when people say they sold a code for $YY amount they actually only get $XX. You have to consider ebay/paypal/shipping fees.[/QUOTE]

True--i sold mine for $46 about $4ish for ebay and $1.50 for shipping so i only made bout $40--

The Amazon lightning deal was still slightly better with NO sales tax and FREE shipping. I get mine on Wednesday (via UPS). Came to about $68.xx after using some promotional credit I had on my account. :)

Can't imagine I'll be selling the code though. How is everyone so eager to part with it? :whistle2:?

Edit: Ok, I think I get it. Sell the code NOW and get it later when the price of the LE falls even more?

[quote name='TXboxGuY']

Can't imagine I'll be selling the code though. How is everyone so eager to part with it? :whistle2:?
[/QUOTE]

Well, it is just for show (it gives you no benefit in the game) and is only seen in multiplayer (well, maybe the armor customization screen and when you earn xp as well) and then only by other players...Not everyone cares about multiplayer

[quote name='TXboxGuY']The Amazon lightning deal was still slightly better with NO sales tax and FREE shipping. I get mine on Wednesday (via UPS). Came to about $68.xx after using some promotional credit I had on my account. :)

Edit: Ok, I think I get it. Sell the code NOW and get it later when the price of the LE falls even more?[/QUOTE]

When it comes to bonus items here is how I rank them in terms of importance/desire to have:
1. Physical items
2. DLC that add to gameplay/story (maps, episodes, new gear that is more than just for looks)
3. Avatar/PS Home/Costumes that add nothing to gameplay besides asthetics

The flaming helmet fits in #3 but everything else in the LE fits in with #1. So if I can sell the items from #3 to offset the addition cost for the items in#1 I am more than happy to do so.

[quote name='K_G']Well, it is just for show (it gives you no benefit in the game) and is only seen in multiplayer (well, maybe the armor customization screen and when you earn xp as well) and then only by other players...Not everyone cares about multiplayer[/QUOTE]

It shows up in every game mode not just match making. It shows up in campaign and firefight and even forge.

The flame head is only in the Legendary not the Limted Edition one. The only difference in limited and legendary is you get the statue which is a waste i think and the flaming head. They both have the exclusive elite char and if you preordered it from certain retailers you get variant addons which was a bust IMO.

But the flaming helmet will always be a item people will want for years to come. I use mine about 40% but i love my confetti birthday party to much. The flame head also seems to attract people to you. Say for example i come up and kill you i will stand out for you to take me on instead of the other people around me. That is just an example but i kinda dig people coming after me better k/d for me. :) Some people are good at camping and some are better at running and gunning. I like making the campers come to me to make them work for it.

Keep in mind IF this is limited as Bungie promised it might be sold out in a hurry and be left with buying it off ebay if you can find any for the price you sold at. It is a gamble but i think bungie yet again lied and this legendary is not limited at all. But the flame helmet is just to good of a halo dlc to give away IMO. I suggest checking youtube and seeing it in action. I love using it in campaign with my security helmet with gold or black visor. It just looks awesome. But the helmet shows in all game modes so keep that in mind.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']When it comes to bonus items here is how I rank them in terms of importance/desire to have:
1. Physical items
2. DLC that add to gameplay/story (maps, episodes, new gear that is more than just for looks)
3. Avatar/PS Home/Costumes that add nothing to gameplay besides asthetics

The flaming helmet fits in #3 but everything else in the LE fits in with #1. So if I can sell the items from #3 to offset the addition cost for the items in#1 I am more than happy to do so.[/QUOTE]

It was worth it for most people that got it i talked to. This flame head is selling high priced for a reason everyone wants one. It kinda does add to the gameplay it attracts people to you hahaha

Halo Reach will not be releasing new gear with stats it is all about the looks. If you like a nice looking house buying nice things for eye candy then the flame helmet has to be the best gear dlc besides the haunted helmet which you need to be a bungie employee or hit the max rank. If you are not into what you're char looks like it must bum people out even more about the rank. This game is all about the look of there char and the flame head makes it more unique.

So each there own but if you like really sweet eye candy and showing off it is a must thing to have. If you do not care about customizing you're char then do not bother. The flame helmet has to be one of the best effects in the game so far besides the haunted head which like i said need max rank or work for bungie. So just think before you act it is a good thing to have if you love the game. If you see people with it in the game after you sell it and see it being used by someone you will regret it. If you are into the eye candy at all. So each there own and just hold off until you know.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']It shows up in every game mode not just match making. It shows up in campaign and firefight and even forge.

The flame head is only in the Legendary not the Limted Edition one. The only difference in limited and legendary is you get the statue which is a waste i think and the flaming head. They both have the exclusive elite char and if you preordered it from certain retailers you get variant addons which was a bust IMO.

But the flaming helmet will always be a item people will want for years to come. I use mine about 40% but i love my confetti birthday party to much. The flame head also seems to attract people to you. Say for example i come up and kill you i will stand out for you to take me on instead of the other people around me. That is just an example but i kinda dig people coming after me better k/d for me. :) Some people are good at camping and some are better at running and gunning. I like making the campers come to me to make them work for it.

Keep in mind IF this is limited as Bungie promised it might be sold out in a hurry and be left with buying it off ebay if you can find any for the price you sold at. It is a gamble but i think bungie yet again lied and this legendary is not limited at all. But the flame helmet is just to good of a halo dlc to give away IMO. I suggest checking youtube and seeing it in action. I love using it in campaign with my security helmet with gold or black visor. It just looks awesome. But the helmet shows in all game modes so keep that in mind.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, what ever floats your boat...I wasn't trying to bad mouth it as concept, just that it may not be an item of high value to everyone, esp those interested in only single player, which, if I remember correctly, is all in first person except when you are in a vehicle and in the cut scenes. I'm quite happy that some people find the flaming helmet desirable and awesome....That's the sort of person who I sold my code to.

Anyone know the current trade in value for Reach? I assume it's dropped some with this new price on the Legendary version, but for me it's probably worth it to just get rid of it and trade in for this.

[quote name='ThingontheFloor']Anyone know the current trade in value for Reach? I assume it's dropped some with this new price on the Legendary version, but for me it's probably worth it to just get rid of it and trade in for this.[/QUOTE]

It was 22 yesterday at Gamestop.
Moh was 19

Trade in 27 on Amazon. I saw a stack at gamestop in Royal Palm Beach, Fl for $80. I also found a Fallout New Vegas CE for Xbox I bought it since I actually wanted the poker chips and cards. I bought my Legendary from Amazon for $75 in credit. Ill keep the flaming helmet its the only reason I bought the bundle since I already had the game.

[quote name='Japakneez']Wow. Why are the codes worth so much. What are they?[/QUOTE] This is becoming commen for DLC in Limited Editions. I sold my Fable III L.E. Content for $45.

[quote name='Chocoburger']Good thing I didn't fall for it like I did with Halo 3 (massive regret on that one...).

I'll wait until $60-$70 range.[/QUOTE]
this

my friend gave his flaming helmet code even though i don't even have reach, he doesn't care about DLC like that so i was like shit ill take it :lol:, so im not in a rush to buy this, i wouldn't mind having the statue but i wont pay more then 60-70 for the LE

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']It was worth it for most people that got it i talked to. This flame head is selling high priced for a reason everyone wants one. It kinda does add to the gameplay it attracts people to you hahaha

Halo Reach will not be releasing new gear with stats it is all about the looks. If you like a nice looking house buying nice things for eye candy then the flame helmet has to be the best gear dlc besides the haunted helmet which you need to be a bungie employee or hit the max rank. If you are not into what you're char looks like it must bum people out even more about the rank. This game is all about the look of there char and the flame head makes it more unique.

So each there own but if you like really sweet eye candy and showing off it is a must thing to have. If you do not care about customizing you're char then do not bother. The flame helmet has to be one of the best effects in the game so far besides the haunted head which like i said need max rank or work for bungie. So just think before you act it is a good thing to have if you love the game. If you see people with it in the game after you sell it and see it being used by someone you will regret it. If you are into the eye candy at all. So each there own and just hold off until you know.[/QUOTE]

My friend got the LE the day it came out and I saw the helmet. Frankly I thought this game was about playing the game not looking cool. What is this high school or some crap? If you look "awesome" but you suck at the game then what's the point? If you want a game that's about dressing characters up then I suggest getting The Sims.

I just don't personally see how anyone can say "I want to have a flaming helmet instead of $50"

I had a reward zone cert handy so i went to gamestop and took a picture of the display with the $79.99 sticker on it and brought it over to bestbuy. They called over to gamestop to verify and pricematched it with no problem so i got it for ~$65.

[quote name='K_G']Well, it is just for show (it gives you no benefit in the game) and is only seen in multiplayer (well, maybe the armor customization screen and when you earn xp as well) and then only by other players...Not everyone cares about multiplayer[/QUOTE]

Hell, even if you do care about MP, it's still useless, as you pointed out. It's just cosmetic. It offers zero in-game benefit. But hey, if people wanna pay insane amounts of money for virtual attire and make this cheaper for some of my fellow CAGs, all the power to them.

[quote name='K_G']Hey man, what ever floats your boat...I wasn't trying to bad mouth it as concept, just that it may not be an item of high value to everyone, esp those interested in only single player, which, if I remember correctly, is all in first person except when you are in a vehicle and in the cut scenes. I'm quite happy that some people find the flaming helmet desirable and awesome....That's the sort of person who I sold my code to.[/QUOTE]

I never thought you were bad mouthing it i just wanted to let people know it shows in everything and why i and others seem to like it. I also wanted to let people know this selling for high prices on ebay shows something.

If you are ONLY playing offline and rarely playing this i can see that. If you got friends playing split screen and you are one of those people trying to look better then you're friends this is for them as well. I am not that type of person but i do enjoy seeing people with it on i have to say. It would be a turn off if a bunch of people had it on all the time then i would say it was not that big of a deal. The code will also be worth way more down the road for this type of thing. The thing is once the legendary is scarce there will be less codes on ebay. This means profits go way up. I am only talking about this dlc cause it is a highly sought after item.

I play offline split screen campaign with friends and it is cool seeing myself with it on there section. But if you never play online i see what you mean. I am just used to people playing this online if they own this game. The multiplayer is the biggest part of the game.

But like i said each to there own and just look into if you want it before you sell it. This will sell at a higher price once xmas comes around or when it gets hard to find that will be the money maker. Then you can also trade it for something nice to. To each there own but it is a nice thing to have if you play online or with friends enough. If solo campaign and firefight is you're thing do not bother like he said.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']My friend got the LE the day it came out and I saw the helmet. Frankly I thought this game was about playing the game not looking cool. What is this high school or some crap? If you look "awesome" but you suck at the game then what's the point? If you want a game that's about dressing characters up then I suggest getting The Sims.

I just don't personally see how anyone can say "I want to have a flaming helmet instead of $50"[/QUOTE]

Do you not like dressing up you're apartment? Do you not like dressing in nice clothes? Do people buy junk that looks cool but do not need it? Do we buy pictures to hang on are wall cause we like them? This game switched to more of the oh i want to look cool instead of fragging for skill ranks and what not. I will not brag but my k/d shows i can hold my own. The flame helmet i put on when i want to attract people more to come after me. I think it is funny how i can egg people into keep coming for me and capping them most times they try. It does look sweet and IMO the best armor piece to own besides the haunted helmet.

The thing about either having $50 or the helmet makes me think you are not a halo fan at all that is all. The people like myself that bought legendary was for the flame helmet and the goodies inside it. We were told it will be super limited so it made us preorder it thinking it was going to be very hard to find or something. The statue i think is meh but the code for the flame helmet made it worth while to me. Do i want $50 instead of the flame helmet? Nah maybe $75 i would but i buy another legendary at the $80 and sell the stuff with that except the code.

I am a fan of halo so it is a nice treat having it. There was so many people that wanted recon armor in halo 3 for years they would of paid more then this one. If you want stuff with effects with the armor play Black Ops or whatever. That is a game with perks and all that stuff. I rather this armor not have perks like that so people win by skill not by unlocking perks.

I do agree the elites with the flame helmet looks dumb hahaha

Anyways i do not want to start a war between $50 bucks or the flame helmet. I posted to give insight in why people should think about keeping it or selling it before they just go to selling it.

If you want to MP with me just ask i love to play with you.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']Bought one but will return it if nobody buys my code off ebay...
anyone wanna be a cheapass and buy my code for $45? :p[/QUOTE]

i actually sold mine on ebay for $46.50 yesterday lol

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Do you not like dressing up you're apartment? Do you not like dressing in nice clothes? Do people buy junk that looks cool but do not need it? Do we buy pictures to hang on are wall cause we like them? This game switched to more of the oh i want to look cool instead of fragging for skill ranks and what not. I will not brag but my k/d shows i can hold my own. The flame helmet i put on when i want to attract people more to come after me. I think it is funny how i can egg people into keep coming for me and capping them most times they try. It does look sweet and IMO the best armor piece to own besides the haunted helmet.

The thing about either having $50 or the helmet makes me think you are not a halo fan at all that is all. The people like myself that bought legendary was for the flame helmet and the goodies inside it. We were told it will be super limited so it made us preorder it thinking it was going to be very hard to find or something. The statue i think is meh but the code for the flame helmet made it worth while to me. Do i want $50 instead of the flame helmet? Nah maybe $75 i would but i buy another legendary at the $80 and sell the stuff with that except the code.

I am a fan of halo so it is a nice treat having it. There was so many people that wanted recon armor in halo 3 for years they would of paid more then this one. If you want stuff with effects with the armor play Black Ops or whatever. That is a game with perks and all that stuff. I rather this armor not have perks like that so people win by skill not by unlocking perks.

I do agree the elites with the flame helmet looks dumb hahaha

Anyways i do not want to start a war between $50 bucks or the flame helmet. I posted to give insight in why people should think about keeping it or selling it before they just go to selling it.

If you want to MP with me just ask i love to play with you.[/QUOTE]

Are you actually comparing a DIGITAL item to PHYSICAL ones? That's just sad....

I am a Halo fan, am I a Halo fanboy, not at all. I own every Halo game to date in Limited/Legendary edition form besides Halo 3.

I got the LE because I wanted the bonus stuff, I just rather have money to spend on a future game (like maybe...I dunno a future Halo game or DLC like the new map pack coming out) then a digital piece of flair.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Are you actually comparing a DIGITAL item to PHYSICAL ones? That's just sad....

I am a Halo fan, am I a Halo fanboy, not at all. I own every Halo game to date in Limited/Legendary edition form besides Halo 3.

I got the LE because I wanted the bonus stuff, I just rather have money to spend on a future game (like maybe...I dunno a future Halo game or DLC like the new map pack coming out) then a digital piece of flair.[/QUOTE]

theres nothing wrong with that, everyone has different values lol.

although i sold the DLC code for the helmet for $46.50, i plan on perhaps buying it in the future if its around $20 or less.

i do feel like my halo experience will be incomplete or the halo package is incomplete. but anyway im saving that $46.50 to get dead space 2 collectors edition.

[quote name='giantqtipz']theres nothing wrong with that, everyone has different values lol.

although i sold the DLC code for the helmet for $46.50, i plan on perhaps buying it in the future if its around $20 or less.

i do feel like my halo experience will be incomplete or the halo package is incomplete. but anyway im saving that $46.50 to get dead space 2 collectors edition.[/QUOTE]

If the code is only worth $5-10, then I would keep it for myself. But since it's still holding strong, eBay it is!

Seriously, I think this edition is a waste of space. A gigantic status and a box that's apparently doesn't have much value seeing how common it is in its availability.

someone mentioned that codes 'don't' work, that is not really true
the code 'saver' does work a little, it will drop shipping basic shipping to what someone also mentioned '$4.99' in most cases

however I tried it first before I bought, but ended up forgetting to add saver the second time, so I called to see if they could add it in, the lady asked what code I said for free shipping she cut me off and did a few key pecks, ended up getting all shipping taken off even that extra $4.99 they add for heavy stuff..
guess I finally got something good happen at GS

[quote name='confoosious']not bad. but in case anyone is wondering, codes don't work on this.[/QUOTE]

Not true.. I just checked and the $10 codes work on this..

bread's done
Back