Halo: Reach

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Glad to see you're getting the game. Now you just need to find a way to get some good internet out where you live![/QUOTE]

Well when it comes time of this game's release I might actually be in a place that has good internet so there's that. It all depends on if I can find a job in CT haha, I'm not very optimistic of that though but I'd love to be wrong.

Some nice deals going around, but the whole having to pay for Xbox Live thing just makes Halo Reach un-buyable for me...I know most others don't have that problem but IMO there is no reason to pay for Live for that one hot game. I will rent it though, and just use a 48hr trial to play it online....anyone else in the same boat?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Some nice deals going around, but the whole having to pay for Xbox Live thing just makes Halo Reach un-buyable for me...I know most others don't have that problem but IMO there is no reason to pay for Live for that one hot game. I will rent it though, and just use a 48hr trial to play it online....anyone else in the same boat?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know what you mean ;) I actually dont even turn my xbox on unless I can get my hands on some GOLD !

But I dont ever pay for my XBL Gold all I do is make a youtube video asking for codes to be private messaged to me and I get it that way :D

Really? Why don't you make me a video (and yourself one obviously), asking for some XBL Points AND some XBL Gold as well!

P.S. Your sig...its just...so funny. A guy getting slapped, twice, and the face he makes afterwards is complete and utter win.

[quote name='zewone']Get lost.[/QUOTE]

Me? Why? Because of the joke post above you or the "I don't buy XBL" post above that? Take your pick, because coming after me for either post is weak.

Why does every thread turn into "Gold sucks vs Nu-ugh"?

Face it, there is a perceived value in Gold, and some people get that value out of it and others don't.

Yes in a perfect world, you shouldn't have to pay to game online. Oh wait, we live in that world. Use a PC/Mac, PSN, Xbox-connect, LAN, etc.

So lets drop it.

[quote name='Ruahrc']I'm getting the limited edition. I have it preordered at amazon because of the $20 credit but also at GS because I traded a lot of games there recently and have about $70 of credit. I'm not sure which I will ultimately go with as the amazon is a better deal and I can use the GS credit for something else, but at the same time it's outright cheaper to go with GS because of the credit...

Anyways I don't really have an interest in the statue, but the journal that comes in the limited edition looks really interesting to me, better than an artbook as it has a lot of text/content that furthers the Halo universe.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

I'm also getting the limited edition, primarily for that journal.

I had a $20 off coupon for GameStop.com, so I pre-ordered it there.

[quote name='reddjoey']Why does every thread turn into "Gold sucks vs Nu-ugh"?

Face it, there is a perceived value in Gold, and some people get that value out of it and others don't.

Yes in a perfect world, you shouldn't have to pay to game online. Oh wait, we live in that world. Use a PC/Mac, PSN, Xbox-connect, LAN, etc.

So lets drop it.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Always seems to pop up somehow.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']For what the game offers, The price for XBL is small. If you have a job, should not be a problem[/QUOTE]

Hell, you don't even need a job to afford Live. As a CAG, if you are paying more than $30 you're doing it wrong. That's $2.50 a month.

I can understand the "I don't want to pay to play online" (never mind the other perceived features/value) but come on, $2.50 is where you are going to make your stand? Really?

Face it, Live has come with a cost for almost 8 years now. That fee isn't going away so unless you are new to Xbox, this should be a non-issue by now.

Back to Reach, I went with the Limited set. $70 for a little statue seemed a bit high for me, but I still wanted all the extra goodies given this is the last Bungie Halo game.

[quote name='Corvin']Hell, you don't even need a job to afford Live. As a CAG, if you are paying more than $30 you're doing it wrong. That's $2.50 a month.

I can understand the "I don't want to pay to play online" (never mind the other perceived features/value) but come on, $2.50 is where you are going to make your stand? Really?

Face it, Live has come with a cost for almost 8 years now. That fee isn't going away so unless you are new to Xbox, this should be a non-issue by now.

Back to Reach, I went with the Limited set. $70 for a little statue seemed a bit high for me, but I still wanted all the extra goodies given this is the last Bungie Halo game.[/QUOTE]

I went to damn far man, getting the Reach console, Legendary edition and limited edition strategy guide. Out of the little over 580 bucks it all costs me, i just pay 280 bucks. Plus, I could sell the extra game for at least 50 bucks. So only paid 230, not bad really. Plus, I dont think GS is going to charge me tax, a lot saved right there.

200 for my PS3
About 80 for my old 360
20-30 bucks in credit.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I went to damn far man, getting the Reach console, Legendary edition and limited edition strategy guide. Out of the little over 580 bucks it all costs me, i just pay 280 bucks. Plus, I could sell the extra game for at least 50 bucks. So only paid 230, not bad really. Plus, I dont think GS is going to charge me tax, a lot saved right there.

200 for my PS3
About 80 for my old 360
20-30 bucks in credit.[/QUOTE]

wait....or you sold your PS3 ? you were on my friendslist on PSN so are you never going to get one back ?

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']wait....or you sold your PS3 ? you were on my friendslist on PSN so are you never going to get one back ?[/QUOTE]

HAHA, yeah I will get one, when their exclusives come out like twisted metal and the others.

to the guy who doesn't want to pay for an xbl subscription, you need a reality check. you are willing to buy halo reach which costs alot more than an xbl gold subscription, but you won't buy an xbl subscription? doesn't make sense. kinda like those people who buy a cheap car, but buy 24" rims with a decked out stereo and all that good stuff. you can find a 1 year of xbl for $40 anywhere and check the 360 code trade thread as well. anyways, halo reach is a no buy for me until it goes on sale for $40 or less. this crap they pulled on halo 3 just wasn't right of them to do. if you wanted to play Team Slayer and/or other ranked gametypes you had to have all the map packs so you were kinda forced into a corner. it was either buy all map packs to play ranked matches or don't and get stuck playing social with a bunch of people who have guests over and didn't know what they were doing. only in halo 3..

[quote name='intoxicated662']to the guy who doesn't want to pay for an xbl subscription, you need a reality check. you are willing to buy halo reach which costs alot more than an xbl gold subscription, but you won't buy an xbl subscription? doesn't make sense. kinda like those people who buy a cheap car, but buy 24" rims with a decked out stereo and all that good stuff. you can find a 1 year of xbl for $40 anywhere and check the 360 code trade thread as well. anyways, halo reach is a no buy for me until it goes on sale for $40 or less. this crap they pulled on halo 3 just wasn't right of them to do. if you wanted to play Team Slayer and/or other ranked gametypes you had to have all the map packs so you were kinda forced into a corner. it was either buy all map packs to play ranked matches or don't and get stuck playing social with a bunch of people who have guests over and didn't know what they were doing. only in halo 3..[/QUOTE]

I'm not willing to buy Halo Reach...I possible might be if I payed for Xbox Live. I'm not saying I don't have Xbox Live or that I hate it, etc., I'm saying I don't think paying for it is really great. Seems kind of greedy considering the PS3 now rivals the community...

ANYWAY, back on point. I'm willing to bet that this game doesn't drop in price very quickly. Modern Warfare 2 is still holding its value pretty well for how old it is, and Halo Reach will have a very similar online community.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']

ANYWAY, back on point. I'm willing to bet that this game doesn't drop in price very quickly. Modern Warfare 2 is still holding its value pretty well for how old it is, and Halo Reach will have a very similar online community.
[/QUOTE]

That is kind of obvious isn't it?

[quote name='intoxicated662']halo reach is a no buy for me until it goes on sale for $40 or less. [/QUOTE]

$60 at Amazon with $20 in credit doesn't work for ya?

[quote name='intoxicated662']this crap they pulled on halo 3 just wasn't right of them to do. if you wanted to play Team Slayer and/or other ranked gametypes you had to have all the map packs so you were kinda forced into a corner. it was either buy all map packs to play ranked matches or don't and get stuck playing social with a bunch of people who have guests over and didn't know what they were doing. only in halo 3..[/QUOTE]

:lol: They didn't start doing that until at least 2 years after the game came out. I want to say it was around June of last year prior to ODST's launch. The majority of players buy the maps and like playing the maps they purchase. To have them not show up in matchmaking to pander to the non-buyers is pathetic.

I like the way they handled it for the most part. If you want to play the most popular game types and keep up with the community, buy the map packs, if not, here are a select few gametypes where you can play. I just with they had implemented it sooner than 2 years.

I forget which map pack it was, but I bought one and I'd say one in 50 matches was on the new maps for a few months. Pathetic support for the price I paid. I'd say they pandered to the non-buyers for far too long.

just saying, there should be a separate playlist ranked for people who buy dlc. they did it for people who had odst afterall and it was less than 2 years. you shouldn't have to buy the dlc maps to "keep up with the community" as i'm sure there are still alot of people who don't buy the maps for mw2, gears of war 2 and many other games. it's about choice but also, forcing people to buy the maps in order to play ranked matches is crap and greedy on their behalf. if you want people to enjoy the game to the fullest for the $60 or whatever they paid for the game, then don't pull crap like that. on another note, people complain about piracy, theft and such things...this could be a reason as to why some people do that. I'd rather wait for a price drop than risk a banned 360 and more not worth it.

[quote name='intoxicated662']just saying, there should be a separate playlist ranked for people who buy dlc.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. People who purchase DLC should have all the playlist that the regular users get. Correct me if I am wrong, but you "can" get DLC maps in all playlist but only if all players have the DLC, right? I just think it is weak that I can't do Team Slayer and have all the maps to pull from every time a game is selected.

I'm no expert but...This fragmented user-base issue will become an even larger problem as developers increasingly depend on DLC to make money. Of course this applies to map packs and such but not so much armor/attritubes/etc (things that paying users can use in the same game as non-paying users). I'm sure this argument has been beat to death, but DLC really is a blessing and a curse.

[quote name='intoxicated662']just saying, there should be a separate playlist ranked for people who buy dlc. they did it for people who had odst afterall and it was less than 2 years. you shouldn't have to buy the dlc maps to "keep up with the community" as i'm sure there are still alot of people who don't buy the maps for mw2, gears of war 2 and many other games. it's about choice but also, forcing people to buy the maps in order to play ranked matches is crap and greedy on their behalf. if you want people to enjoy the game to the fullest for the $60 or whatever they paid for the game, then don't pull crap like that. on another note, people complain about piracy, theft and such things...this could be a reason as to why some people do that. I'd rather wait for a price drop than risk a banned 360 and more not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Team slayer you can play with out any DLC. Well your not going to have to worry about it. Reach will not have new maps for at least 2 to 3 months. You can't just leave 8 maps on the disc and not develop any more or people will not play your game anymore. While some of the map packs sucked, really only the heroic map pack and the map ghost town sucked. I thought all the DLC was worth it. If you have ODST, you would have all the maps.

Like the dude said you can get the game for 40 already from amazon. I dont know why your complaining about studios charging for DLC. It costs money to make that DLC, plus if people want new maps for a game they really like, they will buy them.

[quote name='jughead']Agreed. People who purchase DLC should have all the playlist that the regular users get. Correct me if I am wrong, but you "can" get DLC maps in all playlist but only if all players have the DLC, right? I just think it is weak that I can't do Team Slayer and have all the maps to pull from every time a game is selected.

I'm no expert but...This fragmented user-base issue will become an even larger problem as developers increasingly depend on DLC to make money. Of course this applies to map packs and such but not so much armor/attritubes/etc (things that paying users can use in the same game as non-paying users). I'm sure this argument has been beat to death, but DLC really is a blessing and a curse.[/QUOTE]

Well the game should do a better job of matching you with people who have the DLC and besides its not like there arent playlists just for the DLC. I really hated when they shut people out for a number of reasons. I had the first map pack and never thought it was a problem so I dont really think there was a demand for the change (maybe Microsoft encouraged it).

I can understand the guy's complaint regarding DLC being required for Ranked maps. You can avoid DLC in MW2/COD4 and it has NO negative effect on you. If you buy Reach after they release a map pack, then you are unable to use parts of the game. The experience is cut short once they release map packs. Bungie has every right to do that, but its kinda lame.

I stopped playing Halo 3 for about a year before ODST came out. I wasn't paying for the map packs, so I just barely played. I'll probably just have someone get me a 4000/1600pt card for xmas or something to buy future map packs though. Problem solved.

I don't go into restaurants like Outback Steak house and warn the customers that for that same $25 they are gonna spend on a meal, they could get 22 cheeseburgers, fries, apple pie and coke from McDonalds. Know why? Because for them, there is value in the steak.

Debate it to death, but the PSN or Wii Online experienced is currently not up to par with that of the Xbox 360. Does this mean that XBL Gold is worth $30 a year? (assuming look for deals) Well, that is once again a question of relative values. To me, I think it is dumb that people are constantly buying up cheap games for $1-$10 on this site, only to have them sit in a corner of their house, or maybe only play them for a few hours, max. But, you don't see my running into their threads and dropping a big stinker of a post, now do you?

And about DLC - it prolongs the life of the game, but once again, it's value is relative. To me, I buy 1 or 2 multiplayer-centric games a year. That's it. The competitive multipalyer experience offered by games like Halo or CoD are more than enough to satiate my gaming desires. Maybe that isn't what floats your boat, maybe you would rather play jRPGs or Pokemon games - but im not going to sit here and insult you for playing what you like.

As it stands, Reach will probably be a game I will continue to play for 2-3 years, consistently. The game mode that I will be playing almost always will be Arena or some other team slayer variant. There will also be hundreds of thousands of other people with the same exact intentions. Excuse us for not wanting to play the same 6 maps (because atleast 2 of those will be too big for team slayer) for 2 to 3 years. Not to mention, about 2 of those 6 maps will be stinkers. And to anyone who says that Forge World will provide a plethora of new maps for the matchmaking experience - you're only half right. The lack of different textures pieces in Forge has always been a glaring issue. Forge World maps will be fun, but they will not last as long as the maps such as the Ivory tower remake.

Remember, gaming, especially online gaming is a hobby - a diversion from real life - NOT a job. You don't have to play online. If you're too cheap to shell out the $10 for periodic map packs to extend the life of your favorite game, then you shouldn't be playing online. And to those of you claiming Bungie "locks you out" for not buying the DLC, you still ahve a few palylists to play in, and since you aren't such an avid player, it shouldn't matter anyway. Bungie shouldn't penalize us people who buy the maps just because a few people didn't want to buy the maps, or else you end up in a situation like halo 2 where I am buying maps that HARDLY ever come up in Ranked team slayer.

Help, you're absolutely right. There is two sides to this debate and I lean towards both, if that is possible. When I purchase a map pack, id much rather have it consistently used, rather than having it filtered in with the hordes of old maps, or to be filtered by who has what map.

But to have required map packs for specific playlists still rubs be the wrong way, I just think there is a better solution, as in having DLC exclusive playlists. I say this because after taking a long break from HALO 3 I convinced a bunch of my friends to buy it (around 40 bucks each) only discover they weren't permitted to play anything other than slayer, which was disappointing to say the least.

[quote name='Rye Catcher']Help, you're absolutely right. There is two sides to this debate and I lean towards both, if that is possible. When I purchase a map pack, id much rather have it consistently used, rather than having it filtered in with the hordes of old maps, or to be filtered by who has what map.

But to have required map packs for specific playlists still rubs be the wrong way, I just think there is a better solution, as in having DLC exclusive playlists. I say this because after taking a long break from HALO 3 I convinced a bunch of my friends to buy it (around 40 bucks each) only discover they weren't permitted to play anything other than slayer, which was disappointing to say the least.[/QUOTE]

I think thats one of the issues. I might buy the maps but someone I play with might not and I'm still locked out just the same. Regardless of whether the map packs are worth it there should be a better way to handle the situation.

let alone my friends being behind on numerous map packs, it adds up quite quickly for a mutliplayer aspect they haven't even experienced yet.

[quote name='Rye Catcher']let alone my friends being behind on numerous map packs, it adds up quite quickly for a mutliplayer aspect they haven't even experienced yet.[/QUOTE]

In a situation like yours, I can see your predicament and show some sympathy, but still, segregating the buyers into DLC playlists doesnt work, because they usually aren't the most "hardcore" playlists, and usually just boil down to social matches on new maps.

I really think what they need to do is lower prices more effectively to encourage people to buy the map packs. Say the first map pack comes out at $10. When the next map pack comes out, it should be something like $12 to get both map packs - in total. That way people who jump on board the game 8 months later, when the game will presumably still be quite expensive, wont be so hard pressed. Sure there would still be complainers, but the only way to do silence them was if Bungie still gave their mappacks away for free after 3-4 months - which I can no longer see them doing.

The only thing that gets on my nerves is how people will run in here and complain about how everything is so expensive, and how they rather go PC gaming. Okay, go and do that, I'm happy for you. Build your "gaming tower" for $550, which has significant failure rates just like the 360, except your gaming tower will only be good for 1-2 years, then you will need to upgrade parts or build a whole other computer if you still want to be playing top of the line games. No system is without faults, and certainly gaming isn't a hobby you should be considering if the occasional spending of $6 extra dollars a month is something you can't afford.

with how good forge mode is supposed to be in reach. they could just make map packs using forge with us playing them over matchmaking. THAT WOULD BE NIFTY

The only thing I don't like about the DLC is I'm used to games on the PC. Before all this DLC bullshit new maps were free. If they were not free you bought them in store and got more for the single player. I don't like paying for new maps and have only done so with Halo 2 and that was the map pack they sold in store. The rest all came with a game or I got as a free download. I wont buy the maps unless I have to and then it will be a toss up. I may buy them or I may say the hell with it and just stop playing the game.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Team slayer you can play with out any DLC. Well your not going to have to worry about it. Reach will not have new maps for at least 2 to 3 months. You can't just leave 8 maps on the disc and not develop any more or people will not play your game anymore. While some of the map packs sucked, really only the heroic map pack and the map ghost town sucked. I thought all the DLC was worth it. If you have ODST, you would have all the maps.

Like the dude said you can get the game for 40 already from amazon. I dont know why your complaining about studios charging for DLC. It costs money to make that DLC, plus if people want new maps for a game they really like, they will buy them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not complaining about dlc, I actually don't mind it. What i'm saying is they are monopolizing the playlist by either you buy the dlc map pack or you don't and that is whats the deciding factor if you'll be able to play ranked or not. You must have all dlc map packs to play halo 3 otherwise you're stuck playing social. No way around it and by the way, stop the crap already. Gears of war 2, call of duty and many other games do not lock you out from playlists (penalize you really) for not having a map pack. If you don't have the map pack, you don't play the maps and it's as simple as that. But halo's playlist limits you because of that. You already pay for xbl, internet service and price of the game. They should just implement a dlc playlist for people who bought the map packs and problem solved. Not everyone buys map packs so if you're going to play online with a friend who doesn't have the map pack, then you're back down to playing social so what are you going to do? Kick your friend out of the lobby? Doubt it. When odst dropped, it had a separate playlist so they can do it, but it's a matter if they choose to do it or not. At the end of the day, it seems more like they are being greedy and what not.

I don't see why Bungie doesn't implement Infinity Ward's playlist system. If someone in your party doesn't have a map pack...you simply just don't get matched into those maps.

There's no reason for Bungie to lock people completely out of playlists because they lack the DLC. If your friends want to boot you because you don't have a map pack, that's their issue, but it shouldn't be a forced thing by Bungie.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I'm not complaining about dlc, I actually don't mind it. What i'm saying is they are monopolizing the playlist by either you buy the dlc map pack or you don't and that is whats the deciding factor if you'll be able to play ranked or not. You must have all dlc map packs to play halo 3 otherwise you're stuck playing social. No way around it and by the way, stop the crap already. Gears of war 2, call of duty and many other games do not lock you out from playlists (penalize you really) for not having a map pack. If you don't have the map pack, you don't play the maps and it's as simple as that. But halo's playlist limits you because of that. You already pay for xbl, internet service and price of the game. They should just implement a dlc playlist for people who bought the map packs and problem solved. Not everyone buys map packs so if you're going to play online with a friend who doesn't have the map pack, then you're back down to playing social so what are you going to do? Kick your friend out of the lobby? Doubt it. When odst dropped, it had a separate playlist so they can do it, but it's a matter if they choose to do it or not. At the end of the day, it seems more like they are being greedy and what not.[/QUOTE]

If you just figured out they are greedy, you should choose something else to spend your money on. Before ODST came out they did have certain playlists just for the new maps. Making DLC not required for everything. Now that ODST is out, they know a lot of people will have all the maps. By either having the second disc that comes with ODST or buying all the map packs. I understand what your saying, but If your playing Halo 3 this late in the game, you should have all the maps one way or another.

Its a touchy subject, but idk why we are talking about it. Nothing has even been said about how DLC is going to work or when its coming out.

To panda.
It works both ways man. When they release new DLC for a very popular game, it tends to sell a lot of map packs. So why lock those people out? They should be able to play in any playlists they want. If your not willing to buy anything new from them, why should they give you so much support? Especially this late in the game

I mean if you like the game, you usually buy the map packs, right?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I don't see why Bungie doesn't implement Infinity Ward's playlist system. If someone in your party doesn't have a map pack...you simply just don't get matched into those maps.

[/QUOTE]

Thats how it originally was.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']If you just figured out they are greedy, you should choose something else to spend your money on. Before ODST came out they did have certain playlists just for the new maps. Making DLC not required for everything. Now that ODST is out, they know a lot of people will have all the maps. By either having the second disc that comes with ODST or buying all the map packs. I understand what your saying, but If your playing Halo 3 this late in the game, you should have all the maps one way or another.

Its a touchy subject, but idk why we are talking about it. Nothing has even been said about how DLC is going to work or when its coming out.

To panda.
It works both ways man. When they release new DLC for a very popular game, it tends to sell a lot of map packs. So why lock those people out? They should be able to play in any playlists they want. If your not willing to buy anything new from them, why should they give you so much support? Especially this late in the game

I mean if you like the game, you usually buy the map packs, right?[/QUOTE]

How are people who buy the map packs being locked out? They typically get their own playlist that ONLY runs the new DLC maps before its integrated into the other playlists. Again, if Bungie has their playlists function like IW does with MW2, it doesn't matter what playlist anyone plays in. If Person A doesn't have the map pack in say, the Team Slayer playlist, they'll only get matched up against people who also don't have the map pack. If Person B DOES have the map pack and play Team Slayer, they'll only get matched up against people WITH the map pack. It's really not that hard of a solution.

In MW2, I only ever bought the 2nd map pack, and I could play whatever playlist I wanted, with no consequences.

To those complaining about mods:

You obviously do not know how modding works. Those mods cannot be taken online. Also, I like how you assume that all mods are bad. A good number of Halo mods are fun, like custom maps, or new weapons.

They cant play ranked until bungie decides its ok. I do agree with you on MW2. I am also glad that the ranking system is different, more like MWs. Now ranked playlists really don't matter.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I don't see why Bungie doesn't implement Infinity Ward's playlist system. If someone in your party doesn't have a map pack...you simply just don't get matched into those maps.

There's no reason for Bungie to lock people completely out of playlists because they lack the DLC. If your friends want to boot you because you don't have a map pack, that's their issue, but it shouldn't be a forced thing by Bungie.[/QUOTE]

They did that in Halo 2, and it only punished those who bought the maps. All it took was ONE person to randomly get matched up with you who doesn't have the maps, and then your chances were ruined. Not a good system.

[quote name='help1']They did that in Halo 2, and it only punished those who bought the maps. All it took was ONE person to randomly get matched up with you who doesn't have the maps, and then your chances were ruined. Not a good system.[/QUOTE]

No one should get punished at all...

Group A = people with the map packs

Group B = people without the map packs

Group A people should get matched with other people in Group A

Group B people should get matched with other people in Group B.

The only time Group A and Group B players should be matched together is when the system selects a map that was included at launch, or is available freely.

Bungie basically invented (at least made it popular and usable) console matchmaking...I think they have a system that's smart enough to sort the various players out accordingly. Again, if IW has such a system for MW2, why can't Bungie. No one gets punished with the MW2 playlist system for having or not having map packs.

I only have map pack 2 for MW2, and I get matched into a mix of launch maps and map pack 2 maps. The people I play with have both map packs, and the same thing happens, we get matched into launch maps and map pack 2 maps. When I DON'T play with them, they get matched into everything. There's no reason for Bungie to put any sort of VISIBLE restriction (i.e. you must have map pack X to play this playlist) on any playlist at all. It should be invisible to the player, and no player should be completely excluded from any playlist beyond the playlist that EXCLUSIVELY plays the new maps.

Just wanted to say that panda is right, MW's matchmaking for DLC works perfect and doesn't screw anyone over, and Bungie's sucks.

I keep trying to enter the code that came with the controller online but it tells me the windows id is down on the site. is this happening to anyone else? I guess I will enter it this weekend on the 360. it is just a lot easyer for me on the PC than the 360 to enter codes.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']
I only have map pack 2 for MW2, and I get matched into a mix of launch maps and map pack 2 maps. The people I play with have both map packs, and the same thing happens, we get matched into launch maps and map pack 2 maps. When I DON'T play with them, they get matched into everything. There's no reason for Bungie to put any sort of VISIBLE restriction (i.e. you must have map pack X to play this playlist) on any playlist at all. It should be invisible to the player, and no player should be completely excluded from any playlist beyond the playlist that EXCLUSIVELY plays the new maps.[/QUOTE]

Although that system works in your favor, it still punishes those who bought ALL the map packs. When ever they get stuck in a match with you, they are no longer eligible to play the Maps from the map packs you refused to buy, even though everyone else in the game may have bought the maps. The worst part about that is that they might not even REALIZE that they are stuck in a situation like that! Imagine how many stragglers there must be out there just like you? Not to mention it takes just ONE player to screw everything up. It would make the already slim chance of playing a new map even slimmer!

[quote name='help1']Although that system works in your favor, it still punishes those who bought ALL the map packs. When ever they get stuck in a match with you, they are no longer eligible to play the Maps from the map packs you refused to buy, even though everyone else in the game may have bought the maps. The worst part about that is that they might not even REALIZE that they are stuck in a situation like that! Imagine how many stragglers there must be out there just like you? Not to mention it takes just ONE player to screw everything up. It would make the already slim chance of playing a new map even slimmer![/QUOTE]

This doesn't make sense. Do you understand what he is saying?

He'll only get matched up with other people who have Map Pack 2.

This will be the first game I have got or even really played since SSF4. I never played ODST so I am pretty pumped for this game.

bread's done
Back