Halo: Reach

That's just it! I've been selling DLC for a while and at worst....I pay for 1/2 of the game. At best, I pay for the entire game AND I get all of the rest of the CE goodies.

I'm looking at the Legendary edition right now and considering upgrading, just to sell off the flaming helmet DLC. Since I don't play multiplayer much, it's no big deal to me.

Probably! No joke....the elite armor is at $49 with a few minutes to go.

I thought about preordering at Gamestop for that exclusive armor, but I want the $20 credit from amazon to put towards fable 3.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Probably! No joke....the elite armor is at $49 with a few minutes to go.

I thought about preordering at Gamestop for that exclusive armor, but I want the $20 credit from amazon to put towards fable 3.[/QUOTE]

I hate you.

Just kidding. But I think I'm going to sell that code. I don't care about elites that much anyways!!!!!!

Okay, being a true CAG, lets do the math.....

$85 for the limited edition shipped on release day from amazon
- $20 credit toward future purchase (this can be argued since it's still OOP)
- $49 for the elite armor code
- $16 for the spartan variant preorder code
= $0 for the limited edition of Halo Reach

Today was a good day.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Okay, being a true CAG, lets do the math.....

$85 for the limited edition shipped on release day from amazon
- $20 credit toward future purchase (this can be argued since it's still OOP)
- $49 for the elite armor code
- $16 for the spartan variant preorder code
= $0 for the limited edition of Halo Reach

Today was a good day.[/QUOTE]

You'll still have to pay like $8 because of eBay fees, but still, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='reddjoey']GS has the best preorders because they are the largest game retailer in the US.

Back OT, wasn't GS originally getting a slightly different recon helmet before they announced the keg belly set?

Nevermind that was the Day 1 pickup helmet.

For those that forgot

http://kotaku.com/5546585/heres-your-special-launch+day-halo-reach-hat[/QUOTE]

well I have preordered with gamestop, so there'll be 3 DLC codes in total (if I make it to the midnight release) right?... hopefully they'll be worth something cus I never use these codes.

So guys. Im strating to get into the Halo craze. Is the legendary edition worth it? It looks nice and I have nice GS credit due to sears flips.

[quote name='snowmint']So guys. Im strating to get into the Halo craze. Is the legendary edition worth it? It looks nice and I have nice GS credit due to sears flips.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think it is, because I'm a HUGE Halo fanboy. In fact, I'm getting my license just so I can go to the midnight launch!!!!! I think the statue is awesome, and extremely detailed, so it's worth the extra bling. As for if it's actually limited, only time will tell. I'd say go for it, but you might not want to if halo's only something you just started getting into.

[quote name='snowmint']So guys. Im strating to get into the Halo craze. Is the legendary edition worth it? It looks nice and I have nice GS credit due to sears flips.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I'm getting the Legendary, but I'm selling the Recon helmet, the Elite armor and the book. Combine that with the $20 GC I'll be getting, and it will be like getting The Limited, flaming helmet and statue for the price of the Regular Edition.

Yeah, I guess if you don't care about the armor, you can get a legendary for free. Just sell the four codes (preorder at gamestop) and you'll definitely make $150. The guy who was selling codes above sold the elite one for $49!!!!!!! Then, he sold the recon for $16.50. Grand total for two codes is $65.50, over a third of the legendary edition! I'd say, if you're a person who doesn't care about in-game content so much as tangible goods, upgrade!!!!

[quote name='El1te']This game is going to be amazing. I'm temped to get the Reach console, but I don't have the money right now.[/QUOTE]

Same here, lol!!!!! I honestly just want a controller, but I can't find one!!!!!!!!

If you are just now getting into Halo why waste your money/credit on $70 statue? Unless you have digested 1-3 and ODST and are totally into the franchise then I'd say just stick with the game only.

Its unbelievable that these armor and helmet codes are selling for so much. I can't understand why people aren't just pre ordering themselves. Unreal.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Its unbelievable that these armor and helmet codes are selling for so much. I can't understand why people aren't just pre ordering themselves. Unreal.[/QUOTE]

I would guess most are either lazy as hell with bags of cash or they're located in another country where they can't get the pre-order bonuses.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Same here, lol!!!!! I honestly just want a controller, but I can't find one!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Once the console launches I'm sure tons of controllers will show up on eBay. If I don't get the console I will at least get a controller or two lol.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Yeah, but being the cheapass I am, I'd like a good deal on one, lol! Is this something where I should just get it, because it might gain value??[/QUOTE]

If you don't care for the included Banshee avatar code, you can sell it on eBay for $30+

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If you don't care for the included Banshee avatar code, you can sell it on eBay for $30+[/QUOTE]

Good god.

I wonder if the console Reach bundle will include the Banshee code.

FYI to any of you guys selling codes:

It's easy as pie for a buyer to:

1) Claim you never shipped
2) Claim item not as described

eBay will side with the buyer 9 out of 10 times, thus leaving you with no code & no cash. Granted a lot of the people don't do this but you never know. I've sold XBL codes where the buyer said they didn't work, and of course it was a sealed card. Ended up losing that claim.

And when you're doing this with a code you can't even send for at the earliest, 20 days, you're really opening yourself up for trouble.

(No I haven't done this to anybody. I don't care about pre-order DLC enough to pay ridiculous prices for it. Most of it is cosmetic BS anyway.)

[quote name='rp71284']FYI to any of you guys selling codes:

It's easy as pie for a buyer to:

1) Claim you never shipped
2) Claim item not as described

eBay will side with the buyer 9 out of 10 times, thus leaving you with no code & no cash. Granted a lot of the people don't do this but you never know. I've sold XBL codes where the buyer said they didn't work, and of course it was a sealed card. Ended up losing that claim.

And when you're doing this with a code you can't even send for at the earliest, 20 days, you're really opening yourself up for trouble.

(No I haven't done this to anybody. I don't care about pre-order DLC enough to pay ridiculous prices for it. Most of it is cosmetic BS anyway.)[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. Selling the codes is tempting, but not worth the hassle anymore since ebay sides with the buyer 99 times out of 100. Sure those final prices look sweet, but as rp7 said, wait until the paypal claim comes through saying the buyer is requesting a refund because the code doesn't work. Then you are out the code and the money. I would not be surprised if one, if not more, claim comes through for someone in this very thread boasting about the sale.

I'm not advising against, just a word of caution. Best bet is if the code comes on a card/sheet inside the case. Physically mail it vs. exposing the code and emailing it. Photo your item before sending it out as well. It's not 100% foolproof, but certainly more evidence than you have when emailing codes. Granted, the code cost you nothing so you aren't really out any money, but I wouldn't pre-factor in the sale as a discount on Reach.

[quote name='help1']I always knew that fat loser got fired from Gamespot for good reason! Why would he even admit to anything like this? It puts his entire career's integrity in jeopardy![/QUOTE]
:lol: getting fired for being honest is always a valid reason.

Jeff basically has a go at himself throughout the article, and admits that it's probably kinda dumb to not write notes at these events. Saw some people angry about this over at NeoGAF also, which is stunning to me.

He writes a negative preview = people buying Halo call him a moron and it doesn't at all change their opinion, they're still buying the game. He writes a positive preview = people buying Halo are indifferent, since it merely reaffirms their opinion. Again, still buying the game. He writes a generic preview like the dozens of others available on various sites = people buying Halo are indifferent and are still going to buy the game.

Quite an inconsequential thing to get worked up about, IMO. What he wrote was more of a slight towards himself and his unconventional way of covering this type of stuff, not the game.

Well I get why he doesn't take notes. Hell heve even said why and I have to agree with him. If it is nothing that I can remember was it really all that great? Sure seeing how he is doing a preview of the game and can only talk about 2 levels something could have been so great that he remembers it but not if it was in one of the levels he can talk about. I don't see what the issue is and he even admits that he should have taken notes.

[quote name='sendme']If it is nothing that I can remember was it really all that great? [/QUOTE]

Quality has nothing to do with it. If you play the game once and someone tells you to describe level H and level Q you would instantly recall which ones they are by name? I've played a TON of Halo 3 over the past 3 years and I still couldn't tell you some of the map names, let alone campaign levels.

[quote name='help1']I always knew that fat loser got fired from Gamespot for good reason! Why would he even admit to anything like this? It puts his entire career's integrity in jeopardy![/QUOTE]

icecubehuh.gif

What? Honestly is the best policy. As I said it has nothing to do with the quality of the game it's a matter of recollection. He didn't take notes so he can't write with confidence about what he played, so why write at all? To add one more angle to Fjordson's list, if he didn't write anything at all Halo fans would be bitching. So his idea was to do a somewhat comical behind-the-scenes look at how he handles previews. Nothing more, nothing less. I thought the article was pretty straight forward and certainly better than a cookie cutter preview write up. The downside to that is that it reads like a blog entry than a news/preview story.

There is no hidden meaning between-the-lines.

^Yep. The honest truth is no one on Giant Bomb's staff is that big into Halo. They just aren't. But they don't have the luxury that IGN or a Gamespot has, where they can find someone who's been a Halo super-fan for 10 years to do the preview. They literally have like 4-5 people on staff who they could have sent.

Regardless of what he wrote, I'm still excited. Just need to avoid spoilers for three more weeks! Here's a new live action trailer, titled "Deliver Hope". Best one yet I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IMTK7yuoq0

[quote name='Fjordson']^Yep. The honest truth is no one on Giant Bomb's staff is that big into Halo. They just aren't. But they don't have the luxury that IGN or a Gamespot has, where they can find someone who's been a Halo super-fan for 10 years to do the preview. They literally have like 4-5 people on staff who they could have sent.[/QUOTE]

http://www.giantbomb.com/halo-3-odst/61-24035/reviews/

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/review.html

Those types of scores would lead me to believe Gerstmann is into Halo. Maybe not BIG into Halo, but you don't give those types of scores out to a franchise you're not into.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']http://www.giantbomb.com/halo-3-odst/61-24035/reviews/

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/review.html

Those types of scores would lead me to believe Gerstmann is into Halo. Maybe not BIG into Halo, but you don't give those types of scores out to a franchise you're not into.[/QUOTE]
I feel like his interest level is minuscule compared to the people writing this stuff for other sites. I visit GB daily and listen to the Bombcast every week, and I never hear them talk about Halo. He'll play the final game, sure. But following it intently throughout pre-release time isn't something I imagine him, or anyone else on their staff, really doing.

But hell, maybe I'm wrong. If he likes Halo I think that makes his "preview" less of an issue. I'm sure it'll get a fair shake come review time.

Can I be "that Halo fan" for a second and ask about the "Deliver Hope" video?

Discussion became to spoiler-y
It is supposed to be Kat, but she has two "human" arms and looks like a dude in the inside helmet shot.... anyone else notice that? Still liked it though.

Edit: Just read that this is likely how Kat lost her arm and OG Noble 6 - Thom - died.
game needs to come out so I can stop watching these vids

Also hit up reddit and Neogaf for some interesting insite

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive loved each iteration of Halo (FPS ones) considerably more than than the previous one. I've lost interest in gaming for the last couple of months but im starting to get real hyped for Reach.

Never played Halo wars and never beat ODST (found it dull and not entertaining a couple hours into it.)

but the more I read, the more impressed I am with the scope of this game. I thought HALO 3 was overwhelming and didn't fully get around to everything it had to offer, even though I poured hundreds of hours into it...

[quote name='Rye Catcher']Ive loved each iteration of Halo (FPS ones) considerably more than than the previous one. I've lost interest in gaming for the last couple of months but im starting to get real hyped for Reach.

Never played Halo wars and never beat ODST (found it dull and not entertaining a couple hours into it.)

but the more I read, the more impressed I am with the scope of this game. I thought HALO 3 was overwhelming and didn't fully get around to everything it had to offer, even though I poured hundreds of hours into it...[/QUOTE]

Halo Wars was a really well made game. You should try it out, especially if you like RTS type games. The campaign was a lot of fun.

bread's done
Back