Halo: Reach

yeah, all the armor affects look really good. i'm totally going to get pestilence now...even though I was tempted to get the gold visor to show off my gungnir helmet. (that was a joke)

funny...saw someone w/IW again today but he apparently had spent all his cR so he had the default armor + the GS preorder chest piece. c'mon man...if you're going to showboat at least wear a shoulder pad.

[quote name='100xp']funny...saw someone w/IW again today but he apparently had spent all his cR so he had the default armor + the GS preorder chest piece. c'mon man...if you're going to showboat at least wear a shoulder pad.[/QUOTE]

What bothers me is that every person wears the security armor as soon as they become a General. I played a game where everyone was wearing either Security or whatever armor is the most expensive, not to forget the black paint job. In the end, everyone looked the same, how boring. I understand that they are trying to show off their rank with the security, but they should try to a little creative.

BOTTOM LINE: Security is the new Hyabusa.

[quote name='popular penguin']What bothers me is that every person wears the security armor as soon as they become a General. I played a game where everyone was wearing either Security or whatever armor is the most expensive, not to forget the black paint job. In the end, everyone looked the same, how boring. I understand that they are trying to show off their rank with the security, but they should try to a little creative.

BOTTOM LINE: Security is the new Hyabusa.[/QUOTE]

Well I have always had a fascination with the security armor and will buy it when I get there. I like that they are big looking dudes ready for a fight, that sounds so lame LOL

What my guy should look like:

Security helmet
Both security shoulders
Assault/sapper chest piece(already have)
Breacher wrist(already have)
Gold visor

I've been sportin'
- Gungnir (helmet)
- Security shoulder (rt)
- Grenadier shoulder (lt)
- HP/Parafoil (chest)
- Tacpad (wrist)
- Blue (visor)

Bottom line: Eva[c] is the new Hyabusa

[quote name='100xp']I've been sportin'
- Gungnir (helmet)
- Security shoulder (rt)
- Grenadier shoulder (lt)
- HP/Parafoil (chest)
- Tacpad (wrist)
- Blue (visor)

Bottom line: Eva[c] is the new Hyabusa[/QUOTE]

Yeah Emile's helmet is for sure the new hyabusa.

[quote name='popular penguin']What bothers me is that every person wears the security armor as soon as they become a General. I played a game where everyone was wearing either Security or whatever armor is the most expensive, not to forget the black paint job. In the end, everyone looked the same, how boring. I understand that they are trying to show off their rank with the security, but they should try to a little creative.

BOTTOM LINE: Security is the new Hyabusa.[/QUOTE]

imo, somewhat...the higher ranks almost owe it to the community to show off the higher ranked gear. Hah, everyone looked the same...just like how it was in Halo 2 right? Or everyone at the early ranks. Consider how many ppl playing are kids and black/black/black is what seems cool to them or actually prefer black/black/black. It's possible that those that lack creativity just want to wear what others lower ranked cannot.

So long as when I look at my spartan I'm not an eyesore or about to pulled over by the fashion police is all I care about in the end.

I actually do like the Eva [c], it reminds me of Raynor's Space Marine visor, ghost rider, etc etc, it's a cool helmet that has personality because of the etched skull...but it's so popular that you feel like you're just following the crowd. Imo, it's far cooler to wear whatever the heck you want at higher ranks because you can and it looks good not because it's the flavor of the month.

Shootin' and Lootin'

Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

1500cR

Secondary Fire

Earn 25 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

4000cR

Now I have a Machine Gun

Earn 100 kills with automatic weapons in multiplayer Matchmaking.

2500cR

Mostly at Night

Complete Nightfall on Legendary without dying.

5000cR

A lot of credits to be earned today!!!

I got the new maps :D (I got my points from a xbox promo).
When I was playing Invasion (Breakpoint?), it seemed like no one knew what was going on, running around like a headless chicken.

Anywho, I have seen a few people that were Legends. This one guy had like 90% armory completion, but had everything on default. How odd. Here's his profile: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx?player=LACO711Clerk
Looks like we will see people with legit haunted helmets in about 1 month D:

[quote name='popular penguin']I got the new maps :D (I got my points from a xbox promo).
When I was playing Invasion (Breakpoint?), it seemed like no one knew what was going on, running around like a headless chicken.

Anywho, I have seen a few people that were Legends. This one guy had like 90% armory completion, but had everything on default. How odd. Here's his profile: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx?player=LACO711Clerk
Looks like we will see people with legit haunted helmets in about 1 month D:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Invasion (or any objective based multi-player really) is really frustrating when your team just treats it like slayer and runs around the whole time trying to kill the other team.

[quote name='popular penguin']I got the new maps :D (I got my points from a xbox promo).

Looks like we will see people with legit haunted helmets in about 1 month D:[/QUOTE]

I'm firmly enjoying playing Anchor 9 with ppl who don't know the map yet, getting the rocket launcher 3-4 times in a row is just gravy.

I don't think any non bungie employee is able to get the haunted helm in 1 months time starting today without hacking. Despite popular belief, the FAQ on bungie's site says you still neeed inheritor rank to purchase it....viewable perhaps with all the helmet items but not unlockable until you earn 15,000,000 cR + from the current highest rank holder.

...and then, he will be the envy of thousands of elementry and jr highschool kids world wide. Almost like being Miley Cyrus only w/out a career.

[quote name='100xp']
I don't think any non bungie employee is able to get the haunted helm in 1 months time starting today without hacking. Despite popular belief, the FAQ on bungie's site says you still neeed inheritor rank to purchase it....viewable perhaps with all the helmet items but not unlockable until you earn 15,000,000 cR + from the current highest rank holder.[/QUOTE]

O...M...G. I hope that is just a rumor because I wasted sooooo much cR on helmets I don't plan on using. I could've purchased both Inclement Weather AND Pestilence!!1one!

May you post a link to where you read that from? I have to see with my own eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed from Bungie that you need to hit the max rank (20 million cR) for the huanted helmet: http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/otto_faq/Group/Resources/FAQ.aspx?cid=548263

I wasted like 2 million cR stuff I don't like. Rats :(
You guys have no idea how upset I am right now. I'm going to go brood in the corner of my room with the door closed, blinds shut, and the lights off. Eventually, I will cry myself to sleep becuase I played over 18 days, trying to be one of the first with the helmet.

A word of advice: Buy Inclement Weather or Pestilence ASAP. It will be the best investment you make. Learn from my mistakes, children.

I know this is about three months late, but does anyone feel like playing through campaign sometime this week? If so, PM me (so I don't have to keep track of this thread).

I finally got the Cutting Crew medal in MM :D (Countdown).
In other news, I bumped into a friend in Big Team and we were on opposite teams. I always thought MM prevented this, guess not :/
Oh, Mythic players are on the prowl:
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx?player=drk%20bloodshed

[quote name='popular penguin']I finally got the Cutting Crew medal in MM :D (Countdown).
In other news, I bumped into a friend in Big Team and we were on opposite teams. I always thought MM prevented this, guess not :/
Oh, Mythic players are on the prowl:
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/default.aspx?player=drk bloodshed[/QUOTE]

Sweet, get your ginsoo on.

I picked up my first..umm...2nd Gunman on FF, lag and all. 15 assists exactly...which is probably how I got so many assists because of the lag.

Funny, the only reason I want Mythic is for the 2nd attachment to mah helmet. I can sometimes hear the giddy laughter when ppl shot me with the shotgun at point blank range now w/pestilence on. You s'plode like a zombie into green gooey bits.

Nice to see a FF Weekly Challenge.

Still getting the AFK people though. :( The worst are the Kill X number of Elites like today (or the other day). You get 1-2 people idling for 4 waves then start playing just to get those kills then go back and hide for 4 more waves. Is it that hard to play a game properly?

[quote name='Corvin']Nice to see a FF Weekly Challenge.

Still getting the AFK people though. :( The worst are the Kill X number of Elites like today (or the other day). You get 1-2 people idling for 4 waves then start playing just to get those kills then go back and hide for 4 more waves. Is it that hard to play a game properly?[/QUOTE]

at this point, so long as the hiding carebears don't vote against me in the map/game type I could care less now, and hopefully it's not Waterfront. Friggin beam rifle jackels. The banhammer will find them and in the meantime I get a ton more cR for all the covi kills with my game type power wpn and trusty sidearm...plus it's fun to lure elites into the room in which they are hiding.

Just saw the cR gap between General 4 and Field Marshall...I am a sad panda.

[quote name='Corvin']Kill 1000 enemies on Courtyard in Firefight Matchmaking.

:shock: :whee:[/QUOTE]

hahaha...9-10 games of sniper attack and grunt poc on Courtyard. This particular challenge hopefully discourages FF idlers should you decide to do this FF multi vs. Scoreattack solo. Also perhaps a way to entice ppl who soley play Corvette scoreattack to try another map.

1 hour in and I've already popped 500+ covi in Courtyard and only have that + the first strike daily to finish...but that'll have to wait til after work.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='100xp']hahaha...9-10 games of sniper attack and grunt poc on Courtyard. This particular challenge hopefully discourages FF idlers should you decide to do this FF multi vs. Scoreattack solo. Also perhaps a way to entice ppl who soley play Corvette scoreattack to try another map.[/QUOTE]

Except that you only get two votes in FF multi so chances of getting Courtyard are low. Safer to go solo and get the map 100% of the time, not to mention 120 kills each round.

It took me a while to get into Courtyard. It's probably my third fave behind Glacier and Corvette. It's a great map for the Pink mist challenges since it's just a narrow corridor.

Got all the challenges done today except the single player. Grinding the 1000 kills in courtyard was quite easy doing grunpocalypse in score attack. Definitely the fastest way to do it.

lil'bit'o luck, lil'bit'skil...sometimes it seems impossible to get a first strike in a MM game. Of course sometimes you seem to get it every match you play. I suggest playing Infection. Everyone starts w/the shotgun out first, swap to the magnum and aim for the head. That's how I got it, after like 15 games of not playing infection. *happy dance*

...in fact due to the black screen I managed to get 3 - 1st strikes in the same round (not match). Swat of course is a great way to get a 1st strike but 7 other ppl firing at each other's heads aren't the best odds imo.

1) What is up with Bungie changing the emblems every game? Some are old and some are new. Why not keep ALL the emblems? I really liked using an emblem that looked liked Pac-Man ;D (Halo 2).

2) I saw something about crouching affecting your aim. It was one of those hints from Bungie that you see at the bottom of your screen while searching for a match. Can someone shed some light on this? I didn't get a chance to read it.

1) No idea, possible that the old emblems were offensive to some soccer mom and someone at 343 and MS said we must take out the really cool looking Japanse characters and daisho swords.

2) crouching resets the bloom when firing much quicker, basically your accuracy is much stable or the bloom is less noticable. Sacrifice mobility for accuracy. You'll notice when firing the DMR that it doesn't bloom out as much.

Allow me post some of my "fan letters":
aJJEx4522 wrote "WOW MAN GREAT ARMOR KEEP THE G00D WORK"
XCrozzFateX wrote "not gonna lie u look sick =D"
DeMoNIc KeNNy C wrote "u look beast"
Navajo bIood wrote "sweet armor man."

On top of that, I have dozens of friend requests awaiting my approval (I like to keep them as trophies of my awesomeness).

[quote name='popular penguin']Allow me post some of my "fan letters":
aJJEx4522 wrote "WOW MAN GREAT ARMOR KEEP THE G00D WORK"
XCrozzFateX wrote "not gonna lie u look sick =D"
DeMoNIc KeNNy C wrote "u look beast"
Navajo bIood wrote "sweet armor man."

On top of that, I have dozens of friend requests awaiting my approval (I like to keep them as trophies of my awesomeness).[/QUOTE]

Now I'm gonna have to armory you because I wanna see :p

funny...someone who has 5 gamer score (total) and a recruit in Halo Reach just called me a noob for being higher ranked than him. Even though when I helped his team win the previous game, he didn't have anything to say. I guess once you've played your 2nd MM game and win you are allowed to call anyone higher ranked than you a noob. I really need to brush up on the online reach community customs. lol...

Happy Holidays. (_ _ _ _ _

awesome...got into a TS match today and the other team of 3 + 1 had the new armor ability, you know Blink?

I watched the replay of the game and one guy everytime someone got near him he would intentionally zigzag (common evasive manuerver okay) and then start blinking here and there. My first skirmish with him, I hit him in the head with a frag (he didn't die), came at me, blinked left, right, then teleported behind me and killed me. amazing...

The player screen showed everyone had bad lag with the _ bar

^
That's why I stay away from Slayer, Arena, and MLG. These gametypes are prone to cheaters.

But I am enjoying Halo again becuase of all the noobs. I pummeled so many zombies yesterday. Merry Christmas to me ;D

Had a couple polar opposite experiences in Breakpoint Invasion the past couple days.

First the other day I had some douchebag sword me in the back when I picked up the generator. He proceeded to walk five feet and die. I respawn and manage to grab the generator and take it 90% of the way there where the other team was waiting as was the doucebag, he stood there not firing while the other team decimated me. I spawn and hop in the Banshee, destroy the other team who were camping on the generator, I hop out of the Banshee mid flight grab the generator and score. Pretty cool end despite the dickhead on my team.

On the flipside, I had a round of Invasion on Breakpoint tonight where I managed to take all 20 seconds of the hill, grab the bomb, score and grab the generator and score. Major kudos to my team for man-handling the other team for that to happen. Felt pretty good scoring all three in the same match. After the other night I was just waiting on a betrayal. lol

how you can stay away from Slayer completely? it's one of the most popular gametypes...granted a good majority of the Reach community is filled with noob sauce QQ'ers who should be playing Scoreattack & Rumble Pit exclusively. I lost my train of thought. riight.

Ran into more idlers last night, this time in FF. 2 controllers (1 guest), one guy jumping up and down for 30 minutes, the other guy firing and reloading while walking fwd for 30 minutes. My buddy and decided after we reach the last wave to just hang out on the opposite end of the map and talk about girls, new resturants to try, and the weather. They died a total of 107 times combined.

I generally stay clear from co-op Campaign, too many bad random experiences in general gameplay to even consider trying to help some dolt get a co-op campaign challenge...Revert to last save. Weekly Challenge complete.

Funny, player on the other team w/a gungnir helmet too t-bagged, melee, shot up my dead body after finally killing me. I earned my killing spree off him alone. Much anger I sense of you.

The daily challenges were so easy yesterday. I got them done in under an hour :D

Still on my treck for my last achievement LT Col. About halfway to captain grade 3... So I still got a ways :whistle2:(

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']The daily challenges were so easy yesterday. I got them done in under an hour :D
[/QUOTE]

I thought today's were a cinch. Got them all in about 30-40 minutes.

I've done 3/9 on the weekly. I don't want to waste too much time on them in case there are dailies that will count towards it.

[quote name='Corvin']I thought today's were a cinch. Got them all in about 30-40 minutes.

I've done 3/9 on the weekly. I don't want to waste too much time on them in case there are dailies that will count towards it.[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear today's are easy too. I still got a bit of a grind to get my last achievement. So the easier the better. :D

[quote name='100xp']...not big on the revert to last save campaign completion short cut?[/QUOTE]

I am doing that tonight. I was going to last night but my buddies and I were having too much fun in Team Snipers and Team Slayer.

bread's done
Back