Halo: Reach

[quote name='100xp']cool on stockpile achievement, was going to say it's really difficult to collect all the flags and win yourself unless you're in a full XBL party...as for no invasion yet, they might just be saving it for Christmas time or near the holidays. too much at once will just be underappreciated.[/QUOTE]

Its in the Invasion playlist (Temptest too) I just thought it sucked that it wasnt in the DLC playlist.

Played pretty much all day on invasion and have not seen breakpoint once. Got a lucky triple kill when I died on tempest though. :)

[quote name='GUNNM']Played pretty much all day on invasion and have not seen breakpoint once. Got a lucky triple kill when I died on tempest though. :)[/QUOTE]

Everyone has to have the DLC for you to get breakpoint.

Easy set of daily challenges today. Did to rounds of G-Poc to get the 180 kills, and played 3 rounds of Safe Haven to knock out the other 3 challenges.

Yep, very easy and for a good amount of cR, too.

EDIT: Does anyone get a group together this week and play a little Objective? Figured if we work together, we can get that Stockpile achievement. I know I have done it before, but I'm sure now that there is an achievement for it, it will take forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']EDIT: Does anyone get a group together this week and play a little Objective? Figured if we work together, we can get that Stockpile achievement. I know I have done it before, but I'm sure now that there is an achievement for it, it will take forever.[/QUOTE]
I got the Stockpile achievement tonight and I definitely didn't get all the flags myself or anything like that... as far as I can tell it popped just because my team won the game.

I was **this** close to having the double kill from the grave achievement. Got a grenade double kill a split second before dying.

I killed a couple of people with a DMR from what seemed like very far away... how far away do you need to be?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yep, very easy and for a good amount of cR, too.

EDIT: Does anyone get a group together this week and play a little Objective? Figured if we work together, we can get that Stockpile achievement. I know I have done it before, but I'm sure now that there is an achievement for it, it will take forever.[/QUOTE]

I am going to try to explain how to get some of the achievements.

Cross-mappin: On Pinnacle, I was at the red spot on the far right, standing on the ledge and the other guy is the blue spot on the far left. That gives you an estimate on how far you need to be. Remember no objective games, slayer only. This is only for this map, a bigger map like hemorrhage might require you to be further apart.

pinnacle4-1.jpg

You blew it up: Just reach the research facility and blow that bitch up and the whole team gets it. It is the second objective. So it's not too hard at all. Once you blow up the facility, everyone on the Elite team gets it.

You ate all the chips: How I got it, me and my team grabbed all four flags and scored them all at once. Easier said than done, maybe you will get lucky and play a very dumb team and get it. I can't confirm what Ryuukishi said because I got it in the middle of the game. Just like you blew it up, the whole team gets it. So you don't have to individually get it.

The others are pretty self explanatory and not that hard to get. I recommend multi-team for both barrels and totally worth it. Poppin and lockin is best achieved on a BTB map like hemorrhage and game type Elite slayer, because there are four ghosts for each team.

sweet deal on Cross-mappin, I'll have to remember to try that.

Totally Worth It: I find it most common to get a double kill from the grave in Swordbase, in the yellow lift room where everyone camps. (with a grenade)

Both Barrels: You get a lot of opportunities to get this one in Infection, especially when you're the last man standing. It also helps a lot if you're in a Safe Haven.

You Ate All the Chips: confirmation, you don't even need to grab a flag to get it. Your team just needs to cap all 4 during any collection countdown. Both teams can achieve this in a single match.

-

Funny, if you dress your spartan up like Master Chief everyong thinks you're the man. If you outfit your spartan to look anything like Emile you get the double dip tea bag all game, noob messages, and betrayals. You know if that security shoulder pad had a banana it would be considered pro to be wearing it and/or instead of a skull etched in a smiley face every MLG player would be sporting that too.

For Cross-Mappin, I was looking it up last night, and while I have yet to get it, this is what I saw. Other than being in regular Slayer (Slayer DMR and other slayer types doesn't seem to work), the person you kill has to be outside of your reciticle (blue instead of red).

Man, ran through the new map playlist last night and lost for 2 hours straight. :( Not fun. First match threw my team into Breakpoint Slayer and the other team had obviously already played a ton, knew the map and managed to commandeer every fucking vehicle, while we ran around on foot trying to get a grasp of what the hell was going on. Decimation doesn't even begin to describe how awful the match went. Final score? 75-10. Ouch. Without knowing Rocket or Sniper placement, dealing with two Banshees is a nightmare.

It didn't get much better from there. Looking at my stats, I lost 9 straight before winning a single match (half the other team dropped out) and lost 2 more. Not a good night for anyone in my group.

I liked all three maps. Didn't get much time in on Anchor-9, but the other two were excellent. Seems like people only want to attempt Slayer so far until they get a grasp of the map, weapon placement, and whatnot.

Forge is you friend Corvin.

I made a point to run through each DLC map a few times before I entered a match. I kicked but in Anchor 9 because everyone running to the rocket launcher got sauced in low gravity. Sucks about the rage quitters though, can't help that.

[quote name='100xp']Forge is you friend Corvin.

I made a point to run through each DLC map a few times before I entered a match. I kicked but in Anchor 9 because everyone running to the rocket launcher got sauced in low gravity. Sucks about the rage quitters though, can't help that.[/QUOTE]

Got to agree with that. When I got my code from GS, the playlist was not live yet, so I ran through all three maps real quick.

@jstryke

It can be any slayer mode except Elite slayer, because of the DMR requirment. I think I got it on slayer pro.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Got to agree with that. When I got my code from GS, the playlist was not live yet, so I ran through all three maps real quick.

@jstryke

It can be any slayer mode except Elite slayer, because of the DMR requirment. I think I got it on slayer pro.[/QUOTE]

You sure? I just tried Slayer Pro on Cliffhanger and it didn't work.

Didn't work on regular slayer on Pinnacle either.

Both times the reciticle was blue. Do you have to be even FURTHER than that?

for whatever reason, you need to aim at the target...not get a red reticle on them, kill them with the DMR and it has to be a Slayer match, not elite slayer etc. A lot of ppl have been doing it on Boardwalk as well which has really long sight lines. I'm just going to vote for regular slayer matches until i get it.

Thanks for the tips, guys. Already got the shotgun achievement. Just ran into the red team's base during a Stockpile game on Pinnacle. Actually got two double kills within about 10 seconds of each other.

that DMR achievement is crap(I am only calling it this because I thought it would be the easiest to get), but surprisingly my first new achievement was the double kill from the grave one. Just got the DMR, Invasion, and Flag ones left to knock out and I am back to 100 percent again :)

Doing boardwalk seems to have helped. Either I somehow STILL wasn't far enough or somehow wasn't doing it right. Meh, got it now, so that's all that matters.

I was playing Invasion and when I used a hologram, it was green. It also had armor that does not exist (ex: George's helmet with JFO attachment).

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10549801&player=Popular%20Penguin

Damn, the new maps look pretty cool (at least judging by the Giant Bomb quick look). I've been playing Black Ops and a few other things this month, but I might have to come back to Reach for these.

[quote name='popular penguin']I was playing Invasion and when I used a hologram, it was green. It also had armor that does not exist (ex: George's helmet with JFO attachment).

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10549801&player=Popular%20Penguin[/QUOTE]

there's been instances where ppl have reported holograms, deaths, etc where "ghosts" spawns. spartan models with armor unlocks unavailable to players. since I'm at work, your vid is not rendered, I couldn't view it but that's my theory.

I played grab bag > firefight vs last night and it has a lot of potential...but holy cow, spartan's damage output is insane. since when can you mow an elite down with full shields with the AR in less than one clip? and grenade only need to be about 300 yards from the elites to kill them. hopefully none of the maps will give spartans a rocketlauncher or sniper rifle.

as an elite though, the plasma pistol is your friend. 1 overcharged shot will take down the overshield of the spartan players and then it's just 1 shot to the head or 2 shots with the concussion rifle.

for anyone who hasn't played it, spartans start with a pool of 6 lives, elites start with a pool of 4. Who ever scores the highest points in the end wins, killing them of course helps because there's less resistance and you can't score points if you're dead. 2v2, play with an XBL friend it helps a lot.

So, I have three new achievements left: DMR, double kill from the grave, and the one for invasion. I haven't played an invasion game on that map, yet, so that will come. The double kill from the grave will probably come once I play some multi-team and get into an Elite Slayer game. As far as the DMR one goes, as someone else mentioned earlier, at first glance, this sounded like it would be easier. But despite my best efforts to get it, I still haven't. I would have sworn I was at a good distance (reticule no longer red when over a target) and in a slayer match, but no dice. What maps have you guys gotten this one on?

I got my DMR kill on Boardwalk. Quite literally from one end of the map to the other...walkway to where red's sniper rifle spawns, to where blue spawns underneath where they spawn. Got it at the start of the match, I'm going to guess blue guy was probably still loading his screen and ate a few rounds.

Kind of disappointed I haven't even been able to play an Invasion match on the new map after two nights of trying. I wish they would add it to the DLC playlist!

Play the regular Invasion playlist; Breakpoint came up probably 6 times for me last night, and just about everyone voted for it.

*7858 on the slot machine... how's that for a bonus?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Kind of disappointed I haven't even been able to play an Invasion match on the new map after two nights of trying. I wish they would add it to the DLC playlist![/QUOTE]

Seriously. Makes no sense not to have it in the DLC playlist, considering, you know, it's DLC. I have tried to play Invasion about 10 times in 10 different groups, and not once has that new map shown up.

I wish they would just nerf armor lock and this game would be a lot more fun. Mainly the throwing off sticky grenades part.
I don't think the maps are worth $10 but for free I can't complain (during the spend MS points promotion).

some ppl take AL to prevent grenade spam, some ppl grenade spam to counter AL. Can't please all the ppl all the time. You could also try Custom games and just make it so AL is not a selectable AA.

I know I am super late but I just got this. I only missed 2 halo games, ODST and Halo wars (I think) but I have no fucking clue what is going on in this game.

I was a little disappointed as the game is a little repetitive, little bland. I was never a big halo fan but I was far from a halo hater just could never get used to having to shoot dozes of bullets into one person.

But as I have played all of them it feels good to be wrapping up the storyline...at least from Bungie.

EDIT: I did have a question though. Are your team mates suppose to be helping you throughout the game? Often I find mind standing at the point of entry and never leaving then just appearing at the next cutscene.

Yes your team helps you... to a degree. There are spots I found where they are noticeably helpful and other areas where they stand around dumbfounded.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I know I am super late but I just got this. I only missed 2 halo games, ODST and Halo wars (I think) but I have no fucking clue what is going on in this game.[/QUOTE]
Reach is the place the Pillar of Autumn escaped from after a big-ass battle prior to the beginning of Halo:CE. It's also where all the Spartans were trained.

Just played with a guy (AbusedPenguin23) who was AFK in FF and he is a brigadier grade 2. He died a lot becuase I let the enemy find him >:] After the game, I wondered what was this A-hole's FF career stats, so I check: kills-4791, deaths-19948 D:

These guys are the cancer that is killing FF, going AFK for easy cR
P.S. I'm a Field Marshall (TvT)

[quote name='popular penguin']Just played with a guy (AbusedPenguin23) who was AFK in FF and he is a brigadier grade 2. He died a lot becuase I let the enemy find him >:] After the game, I wondered what was this A-hole's FF career stats, so I check: kills-4791, deaths-19948 D:

P.S. I'm a Field Marshall (TvT)[/QUOTE]

taken from Bungie.net:
But it’s Bad to NOT Play Together

It's not all fun and games. There’s chum in the water and the oily slick of gore and guts has led the Banhammer straight to a school of boosters, idlers, and service tag modifiers. If you’re a practitioner of the art of not playing, or of any of the other undesirable behaviors listed in the preceding sentence, you’re soon to find your account in a significantly downgraded status, ranging from a credit suspension to an outright ban. We’re keeping the exact metrics for the imposition of these new penalties under wraps, but as always, we’ve ensured accuracy via extensive due diligence.
--

So those FF idler's are going to get hit with the banhammer hard and soon. Hopefully all those guys we all played with will be warrant officers tomorrow morning.

in other news...how did it feel to play with another penguin?

[quote name='100xp']
So those FF idler's are going to get hit with the banhammer hard and soon. Hopefully all those guys we all played with will be warrant officers tomorrow morning.

in other news...how did it feel to play with another penguin?[/QUOTE]

:D at jerks getting their just desserts.

That guy gave penguins a bad name ;D

[quote name='100xp']taken from Bungie.net:
But it’s Bad to NOT Play Together

It's not all fun and games. There’s chum in the water and the oily slick of gore and guts has led the Banhammer straight to a school of boosters, idlers, and service tag modifiers. If you’re a practitioner of the art of not playing, or of any of the other undesirable behaviors listed in the preceding sentence, you’re soon to find your account in a significantly downgraded status, ranging from a credit suspension to an outright ban. We’re keeping the exact metrics for the imposition of these new penalties under wraps, but as always, we’ve ensured accuracy via extensive due diligence.
--

So those FF idler's are going to get hit with the banhammer hard and soon. Hopefully all those guys we all played with will be warrant officers tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

About time...

That's fucking awesome. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I'm curious as to what the ban entails. Hopefully it's severe and long lasting. Can they wipe Commendations? Reset all these fuckers FF commendations to zero and grey them out so they can't be earned again.

I was wondering if the new map pack is worth the 10 bucks? Im getting into Reach again and was wondering if any fellow CAGers had been enjoying them or not

[quote name='Cheddahz']I was wondering if the new map pack is worth the 10 bucks? Im getting into Reach again and was wondering if any fellow CAGers had been enjoying them or not[/QUOTE]

If you really like team matchmaking then yeah they're probably worth it; if you don't like big maps, avoid it.

[quote name='popular penguin']]

P.S. I'm a Field Marshall (TvT)[/QUOTE]
pale skin just like a spartan

[quote name='Cheddahz']I was wondering if the new map pack is worth the 10 bucks? Im getting into Reach again and was wondering if any fellow CAGers had been enjoying them or not[/QUOTE]

consider that halo's history of map packs don't go on sale for 2+ years after they are released...might as well get it now.

Getting the map packs will allow you more opportunities in matchmaking as well as new game modes. I'd say get it regardless as they still have 4v4 on some of the new maps but if someone in the que process do not have the DLC the new maps won't show up, the DLC list is strictly for ppl that have the DLC and for slightly larger matches.

[quote name='Be3fJerky']Anyone here play MLG FFAs, TS, or customs period? GEtting kinda sick of Matchmaking...[/QUOTE]

I have always wanted to do MLG, but I never really had people to play with. I will give the new playlist a shot.

I know most of you don't believe this, but the ranking up in the higher ranks, seems a lot quicker, than before Lt.Colonol. It just feels that way to me.

Got this game on Tuesday and have played it pretty much every day online with matchmaking. Deathmatch is pretty much my favorite. I just completed my first weekly challenge and I feel pretty much done with the online for the moment. 10 or so hours for 200 achievement points. I don't really see the point in leveling up, and up, and up...

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Got this game on Tuesday and have played it pretty much every day online with matchmaking. Deathmatch is pretty much my favorite. I just completed my first weekly challenge and I feel pretty much done with the online for the moment. 10 or so hours for 200 achievement points. I don't really see the point in leveling up, and up, and up...[/QUOTE]
Yeah I don't get how these guys can literally play all day for nothing but a rank. Once you get your online achievements you can leave satisfied you've done everything online

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah I don't get how these guys can literally play all day for nothing but a rank. Once you get your online achievements you can leave satisfied you've done everything online[/QUOTE]

Can...not...comprehend.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Got this game on Tuesday and have played it pretty much every day online with matchmaking. Deathmatch is pretty much my favorite. I just completed my first weekly challenge and I feel pretty much done with the online for the moment. 10 or so hours for 200 achievement points. I don't really see the point in leveling up, and up, and up...[/QUOTE]

Personally, it taps into the collector mentality of getting all the nice armor upgrades and effects moreso than the rank itself. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy seeing my ranking increase though the more I play. Between the ranking, the armor collecting, and the daily/weekly challenges its easy to see they're going after an MMO kind of vibe with it. I know that's partially inspired by Call of Duty as well but CoD had to get their idea from somewhere as well.

Anyone checked out today's daily challenges? Most of them are pretty easy and can be accomplished pretty quickly. Personally, I spent about an hour and a half playing 2 matches of firefight and a little bit of campaign and got 3 of them.

bread's done
Back