Halo: Reach

Out of the feel for nostalgia I started playing the original Halo last night. Mybe its just me, but man I could swear I remember those graphics looking a hell of alot sweeter back in the day. I guess this current gen has really spoiled the shit out of us.

[quote name='life.exe']The Elite in Pic #26 looks so fucking badass.[/QUOTE] look at how Small that chief/elite is in #9

Last edited by a moderator:
its only a joke (using the quote from the commercial) thats over $100 your spending on a game and the guide! this is cheapassgamer. :p

theres going to be an LE guide? seems kind of useless when Le is just more stuff crapped in

[quote name='timesplitt']its only a joke (using the quote from the commercial) thats over $100 your spending on a game and the guide! this is cheapassgamer. :p

theres going to be an LE guide? seems kind of useless when Le is just more stuff crapped in[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if you meant that there was a better deal or something.

Yeah, there's an LE guide coming out too. It seems like every game gets one. I think it looks pretty cool, but I'm not going to get it until after I beat campaign once.

its your money, use it when YOU need it. if you have a structured settlement and you need cash nooooooow.... call JG Wentworth... i hate that fuck.

but yeah im gettin LE, its preordered and paid, i dont need to drop another 70 on a statue

yeah the new engine looks great. I have never been a Halo player ( well MP anyways ) but have always liked the SP campaigns and story. After playing the beta, i think ill change my tune a bit. even without it, to see the Forge World and all the improvements ( although i am dissapointed they put the moving and jump speeds back up to Halo 3 ) they have done... you can tell this is Bungie's huge ass Opus and goodbye to the Spartan and Game that made their careers, love Halo or hate Halo, this should be a helluva game.

and Firefight 2.0 with matchmaking and customization = huge fucking win

Just put in my preorder (standard edition) with Amazon for release-date delivery (I LOVE Prime). I had $50 in GC from game trade-ins. I'll pick up the Legendary edition down the road if it falls to $60 or so like last time.

EDIT: I'm debating also preordering @ GameStop then returning my Amazon copy there to get it at midnight and get the GameStop preorder bonus. Is that possible / advisable?

[quote name='rusty']Just put in my preorder (standard edition) with Amazon for release-date delivery (I LOVE Prime). I had $50 in GC from game trade-ins. I'll pick up the Legendary edition down the road if it falls to $60 or so like last time.

EDIT: I'm debating also preordering @ GameStop then returning my Amazon copy there to get it at midnight and get the GameStop preorder bonus. Is that possible / advisable?[/QUOTE]

O RLY?

I did not know Release date delivery was free with Prime. This will save me a trip to the store then. And with work, I won't be able to go to a midnight launch.

Pre-ordered from Wally-World. Getting free release day shipping, Exclusive armor code and $20 gift card. So psyched. Moar jetpack, plz! ;)

[quote name='budz']Pre-ordered from Wally-World. Getting free release day shipping, Exclusive armor code and $20 gift card. So psyched. Moar jetpack, plz! ;)[/QUOTE]

I didnt even know you could preorder games from walmart haha

[quote name='rusty']Just put in my preorder (standard edition) with Amazon for release-date delivery (I LOVE Prime). I had $50 in GC from game trade-ins. I'll pick up the Legendary edition down the road if it falls to $60 or so like last time.

EDIT: I'm debating also preordering @ GameStop then returning my Amazon copy there to get it at midnight and get the GameStop preorder bonus. Is that possible / advisable?[/QUOTE]

Return fraud-ish. Better hope the UPCs match.

[quote name='Inframidi']This guy is really good, lol.[/QUOTE]

Glad to finally see a video where the player isn't retarded, haha. That being said, I could totally rape this guy :D.

The one thing I didn't like about the ascension video was the fall damage on the rocket man cannon. I probably won't bother using that lift, unless the crouch-glitch to prevent fall damage is still in the game.

And WOW was IGN totally off calling Zealot a Midship remake! It seems a lot like a cross between Warlock and Assembly.

[quote name='help1']
And WOW was IGN totally off calling Zealot a Midship remake! It seems a lot like a cross between Warlock and Assembly.[/QUOTE]

Plus they already remade Midship once. I couldn't see them doing it again.

[quote name='help1']

Also, I read that Banshees and Ghosts no longer have unlimited boosting, rather now they have bursts akin to the wraith. Now THAT is weaksauce.[/QUOTE]

If thats true that makes no sense. I honestly cant even think of a good reason to do that.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Do you have a source for the banshee/ghost?[/QUOTE]

I'll try to find the page again. It was on the bungie.net forums, and some guy was citing some recent footage he saw on IGN. And then a few other guys came in the thread to confirm his findings.

[quote name='rusty']I don't get that. Is there supposed to be some kind of code to get it for free or something. I guess it could be a scenario where they allow certain people (testers/employees/etc) to try the game before release via download...[/QUOTE]

Here is your answer

We plan to provide a limited number of copies of 'Halo: Reach' using the Games on Demand technology for media review purposes only.
Kotaku

by the time 2015 rolls around you'll have spent the twelve hundred on points

and even if you had the points you wouldn't be able to

Shishka got fired? Whoa from Bungie totally ?

He was a luck man, just a forum poster like us then Bungie hired him many years ago for a cushy job.

Not sure of he was ever fully hired as a salary employee. I knew he was an hourly contractor.

[quote name='help1']So apparently Shishka (the guy that was in charge of the Halo 3 matchmaking playlists) got fired.[/QUOTE]

He was horrible but did he actually get fired? I thought maybe he might have moved to 343. I thought I read they would be handling post launch support.

bread's done
Back