Halo: Reach

No, I would stay home and play it.

But then again I've always been like that. But back when I was in HS we didn't really worry about that I guess. Someone else brought the system and he seemed to be the type of person who liked to splitscreen. Or most of the time we spent playing RTSs over LAN on pc or something.

I remember once, 4 player splitscreen on halo CE. CTF :D Me and my partner(no homo :p) owned at that so hard. I'd grab the flag and hop on the hood of the warthog for a ride back to the base. Funny thing was I hardly played that game, I never owned an xbox.

Back on topic, take time to play it yourself. He'll get to splitscreen with you sooner or later, he'll just have to wait. On that note I can't wait for tuesday.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']My bud, who has no interest in buying the game, wants me to head over immediately after buying the game so that I can play split-screen with him.

As selfish as it may seem (Although I don't mean to be), whenever I get a game I want to take a bit of time and play it by myself, get used to it, all that jazz. I don't really feel like spending 65 bucks on a game to immediately go on some voyage with it and split-screen at everyone's house. He's expressed a lot that he doesn't plan on buying it, but he still wants me to head over there so that he can play it himself.

Gah. Is that so wrong?[/QUOTE]

I would just say that you want some alone time with it first, and when you get a hold of the game a bit you will co-op with him so you can help him out. If he has no interest in getting the game in any way, I have a feeling he's just trying to use you for a free rental of Reach.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I would just say that you want some alone time with it first, and when you get a hold of the game a bit you will co-op with him so you can help him out. If he has no interest in getting the game in any way, I have a feeling he's just trying to use you for a free rental of Reach.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he has a bit of a problem with that. He's still currently in possession of my Just Cause 2, has had it for about a month now and played it once. When another bud of mine got World at War recently, he wanted to borrow it the day he bought it to see if it was worth buying again to play.

It's not really that big of a deal, it just irks me. I don't buy games so that someone else can play them.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']No, I would stay home and play it.

But then again I've always been like that. But back when I was in HS we didn't really worry about that I guess. Someone else brought the system and he seemed to be the type of person who liked to splitscreen. Or most of the time we spent playing RTSs over LAN on pc or something.

I remember once, 4 player splitscreen on halo CE. CTF :D Me and my partner(no homo :p) owned at that so hard. I'd grab the flag and hop on the hood of the warthog for a ride back to the base. Funny thing was I hardly played that game, I never owned an xbox.

Back on topic, take time to play it yourself. He'll get to splitscreen with you sooner or later, he'll just have to wait. On that note I can't wait for tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Good times were had with 4-player split-screen on Halo 2 over here. Any news on whether they're bringing back vehicle lock-on with the rocket launcher? I miss that.

I STILL currently don't have proper internet, after dealing with Verizon FiOS' bitching for a year we've switched over to Cox Cable and are waiting for them to install. The word now is that they should be installing Monday, which'd be the icing on the cake when it comes to Reach. To make things better, I had to send in my 360 recently and a friend gave me his spare one to use until mine gets back. He said that it has a lot of trouble reading discs, but I plugged it in today and it read Blur with ease.

Good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JUDOHAWK']No, I would stay home and play it.

Back on topic, take time to play it yourself. He'll get to splitscreen with you sooner or later, he'll just have to wait. On that note I can't wait for tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Good times were had with 4-player split-screen on Halo 2 over here. Any news on whether they're bringing back vehicle lock-on with the rocket launcher? I miss that.

I STILL currently don't have proper internet, after dealing with Verizon FiOS' bitching for a year we've switched over to Cox Cable and are waiting for them to install. The word now is that they should be installing Monday, which'd be the icing on the cake when it comes to Reach. To make things better, I had to send in my 360 recently and a friend gave me his spare one to use until mine gets back. He said that it has a lot of trouble reading discs, but I plugged it in today and it read Blur with ease.

Good stuff.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']My bud, who has no interest in buying the game, wants me to head over immediately after buying the game so that I can play split-screen with him.

As selfish as it may seem (Although I don't mean to be), whenever I get a game I want to take a bit of time and play it by myself, get used to it, all that jazz. I don't really feel like spending 65 bucks on a game to immediately go on some voyage with it and split-screen at everyone's house. He's expressed a lot that he doesn't plan on buying it, but he still wants me to head over there so that he can play it himself.

Gah. Is that so wrong?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. If its your game, you should take some time to enjoy it. Friends are good, and you should spend time with them, but you also need some time for yourself sometimes.

Anyone else see the IGN strategize on the Dashboard for easy Firefight achievements? Man, if that really works and they don't patch it then those achievements are going to be ridiculously easy to get.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Your friend would drive me absolutely crazy haha, I agree with the other poster that he seems to want a free rental.[/QUOTE]

Nah, he's a good guy, that post made him seem worse than he is. Everyone has their quirks. He made a good point that if I don't have internet by then I should come over, but even then, I'd rather just play some campaign and just play my damn game.

It doesn't really help that this HDTV has spoiled me and split-screen on a not-very-big SDTV doesn't seem very appealing.

You know, I never ended up playing ODST, so I've never played Firefight. Is it fun? Horde-mode variants never seem to interest me, for some reason. Horde mode in Gears of War 2, Nazi Zombies, anything. Couldn't get into it. There's already a glitch in the damn game?

I love Firefight, but then again, I also love, love, loooooove Horde, so you probably won't like it. There isn't a glitch in Reach's firefight, there's just a way to cheat and get every gamerscore for Firefight in a ridiculously easy way by turning on all skulls and making an invincibility skull for your spartan.

I think the problem is that the first match I ever played of Nazi Zombies consisted of me and 3 other people sitting in one corner of a room for 30 rounds...just sitting there and shooting. And that's it. Didn't help that the guy who was running the thing was an asshole. Now, whenever I think about a Horde mode, I just can't find any enthusiasm for it.

It molested the fun.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']For someone who has never played Halo - would you all recommend to play this one first? I know this is the prequel, but I'm trying to talk myself out of buying into the hype.

The Mountain Dew bottles are making it even tougher to resist.[/QUOTE]

Try ODST first. Better campaign than Halo 3 and you get all the multiplayer maps for Halo 3.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Try ODST first. Better campaign than Halo 3 and you get all the multiplayer maps for Halo 3.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't a huge fan of the campaign in ODST, compared to the other Halo games. What sets Halo apart from most shooters for me is the large, outdoor battles with vehicles, set in colorful scenery. A lot of ODST's campaign felt dark and claustrophobic; the urban setting didn't help. It wasn't bad, but I liked the previous Halo campaigns better.

[quote name='Yamato']So if I were to cave in and buy a standard edition of this game, what is my best option?[/QUOTE]

Kmart and Toys R Us are both offering $25 store credit (Kmart GC is limited to video games). Kmart is also offering $25 off another game from a short list of (IMO) older and/or shitty titles.

Amazon has $20 game credit with purchase, plus no tax for most. I find this to be the best deal, especially since they deliver it to me on release day for free (yay Prime!) and I would have to drive ~ 15 minutes to the nearest TRU or Kmart.

EDIT:

Tax at 6% gives the Kmart/TRU shopper a total of $63.59 with $25 GC. Amazon is $59.99 with $20 GC. A difference of $1.41 between the two in favor of TRU/Kmart. However, tax will also be deducted from the next purchase which uses the $25 GC, so I think Amazon is the better deal for those who don't have to pay tax.

I wonder if I swing by my local mom and pop after work today will I be able to get this? The place I'm thinking of is known for breaking street dates.

*edit* I called them up and no luck. They aren't breaking street date for this.

[quote name='rusty']Kmart and Toys R Us are both offering $25 store credit (Kmart GC is limited to video games). Kmart is also offering $25 off another game from a short list of (IMO) older and/or shitty titles.

Amazon has $20 game credit with purchase, plus no tax for most. I find this to be the best deal, especially since they deliver it to me on release day for free (yay Prime!) and I would have to drive ~ 15 minutes to the nearest TRU or Kmart.

EDIT:

Tax at 6% gives the Kmart/TRU shopper a total of $63.59 with $25 GC. Amazon is $59.99 with $20 GC. A difference of $1.41 between the two in favor of TRU/Kmart. However, tax will also be deducted from the next purchase which uses the $25 GC, so I think Amazon is the better deal for those who don't have to pay tax.[/QUOTE]
I agree, Amazon sounds like the way to go. Thanks for the quick reply and info.

[quote name='Yamato']I agree, Amazon sounds like the way to go. Thanks for the quick reply and info.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem. I went through the same decision process when Kmart announced their deal.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I don't think so. If its your game, you should take some time to enjoy it. Friends are good, and you should spend time with them, but you also need some time for yourself sometimes.[/QUOTE]

That is not what she said ;)

From what I've seen the game should live up to the hype. Is it just me or is the hype not as high as it was for Halo 3? The 4 player co-op looks great. I just hope the xbox live goofs don't ruin the online play to quickly.

[quote name='sluggo']From what I've seen the game should live up to the hype. Is it just me or is the hype not as high as it was for Halo 3? The 4 player co-op looks great. I just hope the xbox live goofs don't ruin the online play to quickly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think the Hype is as high. I think the super-hype period probably ended with 3.

I'm guessing the Legendary Packages don't have any number listing on them to indicate how many were actually made like Halo 3's Legendary did. One would think the statue would... meh.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Can't wait!! Going to gamestop at midnight on Monday Night to get mine :D[/QUOTE]

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I actually might be getting a regular copy on Monday morning through a hook-up. Non Gamestop. :D

I hope so. Monday is my day off :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I actually might be getting a regular copy on Monday morning through a hook-up. Non Gamestop. :D

I hope so. Monday is my day off :D[/QUOTE]

just dont log it online if you get it early.. nearly insta ban for anyone breaking release on it. 2 buddies of mine lsot their accounts within the hour playing early. I'll be online right after my midnight pickup of my LE version. ( got no room for the statue or id just sell it ) and plan to tackle the campaign, if anyone is game for joining me, look for me online, or send me an invite and we'll make the covenant dogs lose their taste for war.

Sigh, damn you UPS. They're suppose to drop off a package today and it's already 5:30 PM. If that's any indication of my Amazon package come Tuesday, I'm going to cry. I'll have to goad my friend to come over with his HDD and splitscreen it up with me until my copy arrives.

[quote name='Freemason']just dont log it online if you get it early.. nearly insta ban for anyone breaking release on it. 2 buddies of mine lsot their accounts within the hour playing early. I'll be online right after my midnight pickup of my LE version. ( got no room for the statue or id just sell it ) and plan to tackle the campaign, if anyone is game for joining me, look for me online, or send me an invite and we'll make the covenant dogs lose their taste for war.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure your friends were playing legit copies on unmodded xbox consoles? I haven't heard of Microsoft doing mass wrongful bannings on legit copies obtained pre-release on anything yet.

EDIT: Forgot a word or two.

Same as Draekon. I have never heard of anyone getting banned for playing a legit copy of a game early. I'm sure that if they got banned for playing Reach then it was a bootleg.

----------
Hey, has Bungie or anyone said anything about whether or not this can be installed to your HDD without causing any problems? I know ODST didn't have any problems, but I just wanted to make sure before I waste the time on it Monday night.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']

----------
Hey, has Bungie or anyone said anything about whether or not this can be installed to your HDD without causing any problems? I know ODST didn't have any problems, but I just wanted to make sure before I waste the time on it Monday night.[/QUOTE]

Its fine to install.

my gs is giving away a copy of the legendary edition as well as a bunch of other stuff. im going at 10pm monday.....and took off work tues. nice!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Same as Draekon. I have never heard of anyone getting banned for playing a legit copy of a game early. I'm sure that if they got banned for playing Reach then it was a bootleg.

----------
Hey, has Bungie or anyone said anything about whether or not this can be installed to your HDD without causing any problems? I know ODST didn't have any problems, but I just wanted to make sure before I waste the time on it Monday night.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I never heard of anyone playing a legit copy getting banned. I hear Matchmaking is turned off anyways, plus Bungie already said that your Credits, Armors, Masks, etc acquired before the 14th will be reset.

Anyone can claim they got banned playing a legit copy. Doesn't make it true. ;)

I played Halo 3, Gears 2, Fable II, MW, MW2, ODST, and Forza all early and didn't get banned.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Yeah I never heard of anyone playing a legit copy getting banned. I hear Matchmaking is turned off anyways, plus Bungie already said that your Credits, Armors, Masks, etc acquired before the 14th will be reset.

Anyone can claim they got banned playing a legit copy. Doesn't make it true. ;)

I played Halo 3, Gears 2, Fable II, MW, MW2, ODST, and Forza all early and didn't get banned.[/QUOTE]
This.

Payed off everything today.

Not sure if this has been posted, too lazy to look. What do you guys thnik about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMbuvv-wxv8

they were legit, they both work at a game store ( not gamestop but a podunk small town SD store ) and they got them early. got their copies, played with LIVE on, went to jump into L4D2 and both of their accounts are suspended. Ive known them all my life they do not bootleg, cheat, mod, or anything. I did talk to one on the phone and he called them and was told it is a 48 hour suspension, apparently you can play monday lol. i dont know everything behind it, but thats all they said was done.

I'm knee deep in a long overdue 2nd playthrough of Mass Effect 1 right now and have stated that I won't stop to play Halo Reach. But, all the buzz this weekend, especially the unboxing videos, is making me get really excited for this. I'm sooooo glad I changed my Legendary ed. amazon order to release day delivery a couple weeks ago. I don't think I could've waited for super saver shipping.

I've watched all of the unboxing vids and I've stared at the legendary ed. pics like a madman all day. My wife is wondering if I'm mental and my daughter won't stop saying "you want som' 'dis? you want som' 'dis?" from the gamestop commercial. Halo fever has hit my house. he he he.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'm knee deep in a long overdue 2nd playthrough of Mass Effect 1 right now and have stated that I won't stop to play Halo Reach. But, all the buzz this weekend, especially the unboxing videos, is making me get really excited for this. I'm sooooo glad I changed my Legendary ed. amazon order to release day delivery a couple weeks ago. I don't think I could've waited for super saver shipping.

I've watched all of the unboxing vids and I've stared at the legendary ed. pics like a madman all day. My wife is wondering if I'm mental and my daughter won't stop saying "you want som' 'dis? you want som' 'dis?" from the gamestop commercial. Halo fever has hit my house. he he he.[/QUOTE]

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sucks, i work at wal-mart, and we've got about 4 boxes of halo reach in the back in a cage next to me where i work. taunting me everyday. its been like that for about a week now.

i was able to score a copy of Halo Reach this after noon! but im still stuck @ work, my oldest son is playing right now & so far he says it rocks! good times! I'll p[ost more later when i get home & play a little.

[quote name='fullhavok']i was able to score a copy of Halo Reach this after noon! but im still stuck @ work, my oldest son is playing right now & so far he says it rocks! good times! I'll p[ost more later when i get home & play a little.[/QUOTE]
You bastard!

I went for the Spartan helmet for my nameplate. I need to go play Marathon over at my friends house (I don't wanna buy it) and find a copy of Halo 1 and I'll have all the nameplates a available.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Yeah I never heard of anyone playing a legit copy getting banned. I hear Matchmaking is turned off anyways, plus Bungie already said that your Credits, Armors, Masks, etc acquired before the 14th will be reset. [/QUOTE]
Yep. The Xbox LIVE panel at PAX discussed this very issue, and they literally said that you will never be banned for playing a retail copy early. Period.

Anyways, some neat unboxing videos of the limited edition/press kits for Reach from the always awesome Giant Bomb crew. One thing to note: that black case! Looks damn cool.

Limited Edition - http://www.giantbomb.com/giant-bomb-mailbag-halo-reach-edition/17-3202/

Press Kit - http://www.giantbomb.com/giant-bomb-mailbag-halo-reach-supplemental/17-3203/

[quote name='fullhavok']i was able to score a copy of Halo Reach this after noon! but im still stuck @ work, my oldest son is playing right now & so far he says it rocks! good times! I'll p[ost more later when i get home & play a little.[/QUOTE]

How did you score an early copy ?

So just to verify, the only difference between Legendary and CE is the statue, the big-ass box, and the flaming helmet, right?

I might buy a LE if they have any extra at the midnight launch, despite the retarded black case.

[quote name='lolwut?']So just to verify, the only difference between Legendary and CE is the statue, the big-ass box, and the flaming helmet, right?

I might buy a LE if they have any extra at the midnight launch, despite the retarded black case.[/QUOTE]

I dont like the use of that word LMAO

retarded+white+tiger.jpg

bread's done
Back