Halo: Reach

[quote name='wuerflein']And Bungie and Microsoft supposedly knew about it. Wow.

http://nukezilla.com/2010/09/14/got-a-new-4g-xbox-slim-you-cant-play-halo-reach-co-op-then/[/QUOTE]

Of course they knew about it, they would rather you spend 100 dollars on a harddrive instead of 15 on an 8GB flashdrive. I bought an arcade back in june when I got it for 150+50 dollar GC. Does it annoy me? yea, but honestly I'll get over it. I might get a cheap 20GB harddrive from someone on the trade forums if I have to. That being said, Halo Reach multiplayer fucking rocks.

[quote name='shosh']Did they put in public matchmaking for campaign?[/QUOTE]

It's not up yet, but it's coming soon. They waited so you don't spoil the game by ending up on a level you haven't got to yourself.

[quote name='zewone']It's not up yet, but it's coming soon. They waited so you don't spoil the game by ending up on a level you haven't got to yourself.[/QUOTE]

Awesome they put it in. Sucks they waited, any idea how long?

I have manged to duplicate a glitch in Halo Reach that lets you enter 2 more people into campaign to bypass the 2 player splitscreen coop limit. So you can play offline via 4 player splitscreen coop.

Steps:
1. You have 2 players start the campaign.
2. While in the campaign press A on controller 3/4 and sign in players 3 and 4
3. Quit the current coop campaign
4. Start the campaign, then momentarly after the screen goes blank you press A on controllers 3 and 4 within a split second of each other. (Approximately right before the game says "Setting Up Game")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86L5_kVtSbE
(I didn't manage to duplicate the glitch in this video sorry)
The same glitch also existed in Halo 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqaArOyOypA
Unfortunately the coop glitch doesn't exist in ODST as far as I know.

[quote name='wuerflein']And Bungie and Microsoft supposedly knew about it. Wow.

http://nukezilla.com/2010/09/14/got-a-new-4g-xbox-slim-you-cant-play-halo-reach-co-op-then/ [/QUOTE]
Wow that really sucks. I hope they can get that patched soon.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Lighting sucks, but you can see the hand and the handle which (I assume) is supposed to be attached to the gun but isn't. And I also can't get the hand to attach to his wrist.

2z8x087.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I will have to double check mine but it looked fine to me. Thanks for the pick.

Played a few matches, might get on for a few more later. Does anyone know what the penalty is for quitting? Is there even a penalty for quitting?

Started playing an hour or so ago and loving it. First map was Reflection which brought me back to the joys of halo 2. The abilities definitely gave that map a refreshing feel.

One thing I noticed though. Did a game of infection. Does it seem to go a bit fast to anybody else?

Just played 3.5 hours of matchmaking. Haven't done that in years. Great game, and all the AA's are balanced, along with the weapons. I'm liking the variety of firefights, since every DMR battle is different, grenades are less of a sure kill, pistols are worth a damn, AA's can distract the opponent and melees can only pop shields, and then they gotta come close again. Very satisfied, but my main problem with the game is the fact that there are so little maps. Hopefully Bungie gets an update out pronto to get some forgeworld maps out and onto matchmaking quickly.

I saw on the loading screen that if you quit out of matchmade games enough it won't you join in the matchmaking for some amount of time. I don't recall the timframe on it though.

after quitting so many matches in a short period of time, you get a 15 minute time out from online matchmaking...hilarious considering that you pay for xbl, your internet and for the game too. restrictions are coming with games now.

[quote name='intoxicated662']after quitting so many matches in a short period of time, you get a 15 minute time out from online matchmaking...hilarious considering that you pay for xbl, your internet and for the game too. restrictions are coming with games now.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't quit, then, pretty simple. That's ruining other peoples' experience.

Yea I hate it when people quit early. It takes like 5-10 minutes to finish the match. If you can't stick around don't join up.

I'm still loving MP though. It's the most fun I've had playing a FPS on console in a long time. Hopefully it sticks though, I need something to keep me busy until socom 4 comes.

[quote name='intoxicated662']after quitting so many matches in a short period of time, you get a 15 minute time out from online matchmaking...hilarious considering that you pay for xbl, your internet and for the game too. restrictions are coming with games now.[/QUOTE]
I paid for my car and my tax dollars help keep the roads in safe condition. That doesn't mean I can stop my car in the middle of a freeway, get out and pop into a Wendy's to grab a Frosty. That sort of screws up everyone else on the road.

Man, I was playing some matchmaking to vary it up away from campaign for a bit and I was in a Halo 2 map remake and I jumped down to assassinate this guy going up the lift and in the middle of the animation it shouts, "Suicide!" That was some bullshit, but at least he didn't leave unscathed.

[quote name='SynGamer']You shouldn't quit, then, pretty simple. That's ruining other peoples' experience.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='matto1233']What's with the 1/16 and 2/16 and so on next to peoples names?[/QUOTE]

In what mode? Haven't noticed this yet and I've played it quite a bit so far.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']In what mode? Haven't noticed this yet and I've played it quite a bit so far.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure I saw it when it shows your friends who are online and playing Reach.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']"heat in the pipe" achievement is getting 1,000,000 points in firefight. Anyone know if this has to be done in one sitting?[/QUOTE]

YES, just make yourself invincable

Hey, anyone who ordered at GS in-store, where's the armor code?? I know it's supposed to be on the receipt, but I can't see a code anywhere. HELP!!!!!

I gotta say, i pre order mines from amazon, it came on time and everything. But the package it came in was crap. It came inside of what i can describe as a cardboard envelope. The lip/opening? was merely folded over the box and wasnt taped or glued closed. When i grabbed the box, my LE literally just fell through it without much effort. At anytime in the shipping process, it could have just fallen out of the box.

Really loving the multiplayer. I'm actually doing pretty well and getting a ton of kills with multiple weapons. So much better than Halo 3's BR-fest.

Going to jump into campaign tonight. Still deciding on whether to play it on normal or heroic.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Hey, anyone who ordered at GS in-store, where's the armor code?? I know it's supposed to be on the receipt, but I can't see a code anywhere. HELP!!!!![/QUOTE]

When I originally got my receipt it didn't have the code on it. The clerk caught it before I did and he mentioned to another guy that the online preorders were having problems with printing out the armor codes. He then scanned some barcode and printed me out another receipt with the code on it only. If you didn't get it, I would recommend going back into your gamestop, showing the clerk your receipt and ask for the missing code.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']When I originally got my receipt it didn't have the code on it. The clerk caught it before I did and he mentioned to another guy that the online preorders were having problems with printing out the armor codes. He then scanned some barcode and printed me out another receipt with the code on it only. If you didn't get it, I would recommend going back into your gamestop, showing the clerk your receipt and ask for the missing code.[/QUOTE]

This is correct

Played a few missions and I like what I've played so far. I died a few times too, not used to being frail. I gotta hit the hay though, damn it. Sometime Reach, sometime later maybe tomorrow lol. Love amazon, 99 cent release day shipping was perfect since I got the game and then I drove to a different state (moved to a new residence).

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']30 bucks for 1 year of live and a noble 6 avtar helmet. Thats a really good deal. Chek the dash[/QUOTE]

Just beware that turns on auto renewal so if you do that then you'll want to turn auto renewal off after you get the $30 year added on.

[quote name='ryosnk']Statue goes well with my other halo items.
[/QUOTE]
Looks awesome man!

I'm in love with multiplayer. So much more so than Halo 3. I'm getting pretty damn good with the Needle Rifle and the new game modes (especially Invasion) are great additions.

My only negative comment thus far is that I'm not really enjoying Spire. I've only played Invasion on it, but it just feels like a weird map. Way too easy for the defenders to camp by the gravity lifts going up the spire after the attackers capture the first objective.

When the core is activated and you have to capture it, is it on the top level of the spire? Maybe I'm just dumb. It's just both times now I've been somewhat confused as to where the core actually was. And is it just me, or is it oddly difficult to get down from the top level of the spire structure?

[quote name='whoknows']Is this game full HD? I remember Halo 3 wasn't. If this isn't I'm going to have to take it back.[/QUOTE]

Who cares? It looks great.

[quote name='ReportAGamer']How's the Teabagging? Excessive?[/QUOTE]
I got a few teabags in last night - I even had to switch up my controller scheme to make for smoother teabags.

It's hard to be really cocky when you're just learning the maps. The multiplayer is amazing however and I really enjoy the new Credit system. Very addicting.

What is with all the buggy achievements?

I had to do 8 assassinations to get the one for assasinating 1 Elite, and I killed 15 of the bird things and never got in a vehicle in the 2nd level and neither popped.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']What is with all the buggy achievements?

I had to do 8 assassinations to get the one for assasinating 1 Elite, and I killed 15 of the bird things and never got in a vehicle in the 2nd level and neither popped.[/QUOTE]

The assassination one for me popped on the first one that did the "knife" animation; that animation only worked for me when holding the button the down directly behind the Elite.

Only complaints are these so far (only playing Legendary campaign)...
1) Framerate drops... granted I hear this gets better by installation of game.
2) Weird bugs - for instance, on one levels we saw some of the Moa running into a rock only to disappear, neither one of us including the AI shot at them.
3) Graphically, to me, looks identical to Halo ODST

On another note, I know this sounds weird, but it was quite enjoyable mike tyson-ing the Moa out (i.e. melee-ing them to the face).

Also, is it just me or does Legendary seem harder to take guys down than in the past Halo games such as the jackals, etc?

[quote name='lordopus99']
Also, is it just me or does Legendary seem harder to take guys down than in the past Halo games such as the jackals, etc?[/QUOTE]

I think it is harder.

Jackyls in particular always seemed like a two hit kill in previous Halos, no matter where you hit them. One through the notch in the shield, then one to the body/head. Now it seems it's only two if your second shot is a head shot, otherwise it seems to take two+ body shots.

Elites are a bitch. Seems as though I have to plug them with a half dozen head shots before the shield is even down.

On the other hand, the Hunters seem to go down easier.

bread's done
Back