Halo: Reach

Well I just got "banned from matchmaking" due to "quitting". I quit a couple of games not knowing that it could get you banned (why should it?), so a message popped up saying if I did it again i'd get the banhammer. So I said ok, I won't again. Then I'm playing CTF about to capture and my teammate keeps shooting me, so I, forgetting that I can insta-kill with the flag, melee him, he boots me from the game and then I get a lovely message saying, "player has been temp banned from matchmaking on xbox live due to quitting"

Sure, someone quitting a game can be kind of annoying, be does that really warrant on ban from playing at all? Also, what if you accidentally teamkill? That makes it ok for the person to hit x and boot you from the game? I've accidentally done it before, but this guy decided to boot me. So in result I can't play multiplayer for who knows how long. Thanks Bungie.

[quote name='hufferstl']I notice no campaign scoring achievements, did they take the campaign scoring out of the game? I really liked that in Halo 3.[/QUOTE]

Campaign scoring is in.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Well I just got "banned from matchmaking" due to "quitting". I quit a couple of games not knowing that it could get you banned (why should it?), so a message popped up saying if I did it again i'd get the banhammer. So I said ok, I won't again. Then I'm playing CTF about to capture and my teammate keeps shooting me, so I, forgetting that I can insta-kill with the flag, melee him, he boots me from the game and then I get a lovely message saying, "player has been temp banned from matchmaking on xbox live due to quitting"

Sure, someone quitting a game can be kind of annoying, be does that really warrant on ban from playing at all? Also, what if you accidentally teamkill? That makes it ok for the person to hit x and boot you from the game? I've accidentally done it before, but this guy decided to boot me. So in result I can't play multiplayer for who knows how long. Thanks Bungie.[/QUOTE]

You can't play for 15 minutes. Stop whining and stop quitting.

[quote name='seanr1221']You can't play for 15 minutes. Stop whining and stop quitting.[/QUOTE]

This.

Also, you must've team-killed at last one other time during that match. The option for a player boot does not occur on the first team kill.

[quote name='seanr1221']You can't play for 15 minutes. Stop whining and stop quitting.[/QUOTE]

I had quit the games because a mass amount of other people had quit, making the match-up very uneven. Anyways, I found out in was 15 minutes from bungie.net, nice attitude though. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't MW2 auto-fill in the roster when people quit? I know I've been put into games halfway through. Does Reach not do this as well??

Also, can a friend of mine join me in the middle of a Classic Firefight match?? I really want true hop-in/ hop-out gameplay.

[quote name='seanr1221']Changed my controls to Recon. It will take a little getting used to, but it'll be worth it.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing.... Feels a little better... Hitting RB to Melee felt weird to me.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']This.

Also, you must've team-killed at last one other time during that match. The option for a player boot does not occur on the first team kill.[/QUOTE]

I played Rocket Firefight and the option came up after the first one and thats especially silly since team kills are going to happen there. I'm all for bannings but the booting system needs work.

Just started to settle in after a cross-country move. Resisted pre-ordering but placed an order today since I could use the $20 credit for some Microsoft Points. It'll arrive this Friday and I'll probably be on the whole day.

Feel free to add me, I won't have a mic for a while though.

[quote name='hufferstl']I notice no campaign scoring achievements, did they take the campaign scoring out of the game? I really liked that in Halo 3.[/QUOTE]

There's an option to turn it on in the menu.

[quote name='hufferstl']Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't MW2 auto-fill in the roster when people quit? I know I've been put into games halfway through. Does Reach not do this as well??

Also, can a friend of mine join me in the middle of a Classic Firefight match?? I really want true hop-in/ hop-out gameplay.[/QUOTE]

No to the first Q. Not sure about the second, but pretty certain the answer is also no.

Also:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/15/halo-reach-has-an-auto-mute-feature/

If some retard talks enough shit online and gets muted by enough people, they are muted by default when entering games.

LOL...any word on what you guys think of the single player campaign?

Wondering because I don't do multiplayer, and that's all anyone seems to be talking about.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']I had quit the games because a mass amount of other people had quit, making the match-up very uneven. Anyways, I found out in was 15 minutes from bungie.net, nice attitude though. :)[/QUOTE]

When my whole team quits, I still stay in the game and play. Why should I punk out like those other people did?

[quote name='praxus07']LOL...any word on what you guys think of the single player campaign?

Wondering because I don't do multiplayer, and that's all anyone seems to be talking about.[/QUOTE]

It is really good. A lot of "aww" moments if you catch my drift. But it's short in a way also if your not playing on Legendary or Heroic.

[quote name='praxus07']LOL...any word on what you guys think of the single player campaign?

Wondering because I don't do multiplayer, and that's all anyone seems to be talking about.[/QUOTE]

I've only played a couple of levels so far, but definitely having a lot of fun. It's a lot harder than 3 or ODST, at least on Legendary.

Does anyone know if the weekly challenges have to completed on the exact difficulty or can it be higher. ie current week challenge is complete 9 levels on of the campaign on heroic. Could I do that on legendary and still get the weekly challenge? I know for achievements I would get it but what about challenges?

[quote name='kklems']Does anyone know if the weekly challenges have to completed on the exact difficulty or can it be higher. ie current week challenge is complete 9 levels on of the campaign on heroic. Could I do that on legendary and still get the weekly challenge? I know for achievements I would get it but what about challenges?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can do it on legendary and still complete the challenge. You should get an update when you start each mission showing your progress (ie 2/9). As long as you are playing on at least heroic you'll get it.

The weekly challenge has sort of a background box to it. It's very faintly lighter than the normal background behind the text.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']They should implement a system where the game recognizes if >50% of your team quits, you should be able to quit without being penalized.[/QUOTE]

Or at least give you more xp for staying.

Any sort of "surrender" option would be nice. If >50% of the team accepts the surrender, game over.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']They should implement a system where the game recognizes if >50% of your team quits, you should be able to quit without being penalized.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whiptcracker']Alright, it actually appears to be a loyalty bonus for playing Halo 2, which I forgot my wife played vs rockets with me before. So are you using the same gametag as you did for Halo 2, or do you have a Halo 2 save file on your HDD?[/QUOTE]

never played 2 on this xbox or GT and I got the loyalty bonus.. was 7,000 total credits 2,000 for that and 5000 as a welcome gift

[quote name='seanr1221']Im surprised I don't see more people using hologram. I love it personally, I think its the best power.[/QUOTE]

i love it too, it is awesome for invasion and CTF, you send an Elite in with a sword and everyone turns to shoot it lol.. particularly awesome when it isnt real and you get the drop on the whole room

[quote name='Vulcan2422']When my whole team quits, I still stay in the game and play. Why should I punk out like those other people did?[/QUOTE]

because you might get them pregnant.

[quote name='hufferstl']Any sort of "surrender" option would be nice. If >50% of the team accepts the surrender, game over.[/QUOTE]

I remember Bungie saying they were thinking of adding that.

On a different note I really hate Invasion Slayer on Paridiso. It kind of sucks on Hemorrage too.

[quote name='ryosnk']Statue goes well with my other halo items.
f32221c1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

[quote name='seanr1221']Im surprised I don't see more people using hologram. I love it personally, I think its the best power.[/QUOTE]Drop Shield all day, every day.

[quote name='FrankySox']Yes you can do it on legendary and still complete the challenge. You should get an update when you start each mission showing your progress (ie 2/9). As long as you are playing on at least heroic you'll get it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info

I am very impressed with Halo: Reach I didn't really get into Halo 3 at all so I was surprised after purchasing H;R that I did. Love the multiplayer finally giving up on Modern Warfare 2

Pretty awesome so far. I only played for a few hours because all of my professors decided to schedule exams this week. Decided to go through the Campaign on legendary by myself... Holy fuck, maybe it's just me but this is infinitely more difficult than any other Halo game on legendary. You die in like four shots and it takes a minimum 8000 bullets to take down an Elite's shields. I may just go through on Heroic so I can actually enjoy the campaign.

Oh, and that Cage online map sucks asshole.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Pretty awesome so far. I only played for a few hours because all of my professors decided to schedule exams this week. Decided to go through the Campaign on legendary by myself... Holy fuck, maybe it's just me but this is infinitely more difficult than any other Halo game on legendary. You die in like four shots and it takes a minimum 8000 bullets to take down an Elite's shields. I may just go through on Heroic so I can actually enjoy the campaign.

Oh, and that Cage online map sucks asshole.[/QUOTE]

It's not just you. I'm playing through heroic and there's times where I feel a little bit overwhelmed too compared to previous games.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Pretty awesome so far. I only played for a few hours because all of my professors decided to schedule exams this week. Decided to go through the Campaign on legendary by myself... Holy fuck, maybe it's just me but this is infinitely more difficult than any other Halo game on legendary. You die in like four shots and it takes a minimum 8000 bullets to take down an Elite's shields. I may just go through on Heroic so I can actually enjoy the campaign.

Oh, and that Cage online map sucks asshole.[/QUOTE]

agreed, after getting to mission 5.. we went from 4 people to 2 and collectively decided that all the fun was sucked out of it completely and it became simply an effort in frustration and us being so pised it takes 45 minutes in a revenant bombarding one area with 4 elites, 2 hunters, grunts, 2 wraiths, 8 jackals, the revenant itself before jacking it. Unless you can totally distract them away they just dodge all day and laugh but can pinpoint shots over hills right into your face. Its not even enjoyable. we passed that area and went to the chopper ride and defending it, both killed, start at before the previous stated action.. we quit right there lol

[quote name='hufferstl']Any sort of "surrender" option would be nice. If >50% of the team accepts the surrender, game over.[/QUOTE]

Or a decent matchmaking system. They should have been able to overhaul the Halo 3 system with all the money they made.

[quote name='seanr1221']Im surprised I don't see more people using hologram. I love it personally, I think its the best power.[/QUOTE]

I think I like it best too right now at least. Pretty sure people will stop falling for it as much as the weeks go by.

[quote name='theredworm']this is what happens when people don't know how gametypes work (except me)

from rumble pit

[/QUOTE]

holy fuck! very nice. maybe you were playing against the School for the Blind. LOL

I was at a local store today that must've had 175 copies of Halo Reach (mostly regular edition) which completely surprised me because there's no way they'll ever move that many copies.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I was at a local store today that must've had 175 copies of Halo Reach (mostly regular edition) which completely surprised me because there's no way they'll ever move that many copies.[/QUOTE]

Unless you live in a really rural area, I'm sure they'll sell all of those with little to no problems.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I was at a local store today that must've had 175 copies of Halo Reach (mostly regular edition) which completely surprised me because there's no way they'll ever move that many copies.[/QUOTE]
Why not?
---

Anyone else finding the armory aspect surprisingly addictive? You barely even see what your own Spartan looks like in multiplayer, but I love customizing the way my character looks and purchasing upgrades.

Also, I played Reflection for the first time today in a few games. What a gorgeous map. Great for 1 Flag CTF and Team Slayer.

Oh and I managed to unlock Emile's helmet for my avatar. I think it's for getting a Bulltrue medal. Looks bad ass!

I got the helmet too. It's pretty cool when you take a few people out and grab an achievement but it feels a lot better unlocking an avatar award. Yeah speaking about the armory and the credits, it's similar to RDR's level system where you can get more to fill your bar up. You just want to get to the next level, sort of like when you play Borderlands too hehe.

bread's done
Back