Halo: Reach

That has to be a mod they are using in that video. Hell at 2:05 thier aim as off that they shouldn't have even hit the other player from what it looked like. I do like the team killing for the gun. It wouldn't be the first time I saw it. Hell it happend to me once.

EDIT: I never gave it a thought about mods on a console but looks like they are coming. God mode and unlimited ammo are already made for campain mode but have yet to come out or you have to buy them. Also credit unlocks are up all over youtube but they say you can't have a live account or at least not to do this to one. Auto aim is out as you can all see from the video.

I know this could have all been done before Microsoft made it so you can use a USB drive but now that just makes it easyer. I really wish they would have not added that option.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pure Apathy']Have you guys seen this? I haven't ran into it online yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OQQOWkXxKk[/QUOTE]
I saw it the first fucking day. I was doing the exact same map and I was taking a s**tload of damage. It was as fast as the pistol, but I could hear it going extremely fast, way too fast to be accurate (he was too far away to be spamming the trigger, and they were all headshots).

I think the only way I survived was by taking cover. I don't remember what happened? I think he betrayed someone and was booted, or my teammates quit and I quit too.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I may just not be using it the right way. Personally I'd rather have armor lock because as soon as I see a guy with a sword shotgun running towards me I can lock. Then while they're distracted waiting for my lock to disengage someone else usually takes them out or I can lock->melee->lock in between their swings/shots.[/QUOTE]
It's funny you say this. I tried armor lock for the first time yesterday, and when I locked, the other guy would stand still, waiting for me to break the lock. During that time, no one else would show up to distract him, and he'd just have more time to line up a shot, making things worse on me.

[quote name='pete5883']It's funny you say this. I tried armor lock for the first time yesterday, and when I locked, the other guy would stand still, waiting for me to break the lock. During that time, no one else would show up to distract him, and he'd just have more time to line up a shot, making things worse on me.[/QUOTE]

You might be locking at the wrong time. A good example is if the other guy is running straight at you spraying? Likely trying to pop the shield and go for a melee. As soon as they get close enough lock for a moment, wait for them to melee, as soon as the melee is done unlock and melee them.

Other guy running at you with the sword? Lock. Most of the time the other guy stands close enough to get stripped of his shield.

In a room and hear the familiar sound of grenades being thrown in the room? Lock.

One on one and the other guy is at a distance? Don't lock unless he has a heavy weapon and you think he'll waste the ammo, then get him while he reloads.

Really though if you're playing Team Slayer and have armor lock you should be sticking with the team. If your shield pops you can armor lock and for at least a moment will still be drawing fire or attention that would otherwise be hitting a teammate.

If you're running alone without back up and the other guy doesn't have a heavy weapon/isn't closing the distance then armor lock is just going to make you a sitting duck. Zewone probably has better tips than I about it, I'm not even that great at the game, I just love armor lock.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Same here. I play games to have fun. I don't sit around all day studying maps, where weapons spawn, trying to get my sensitivity just right, etc. I play games to get away from the stress of daily life.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I stink, but couldn't care less. I still have fun.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Is there any kind of guide around that helps you with campaign commendations? Like what levels are good for each commendation? I have been addicted to trying to get those.

Right now im trying to get 51 more headshots, and 2 multikills in multiplayer to get to silver and bronze respectively.[/QUOTE]

if your a Lt. Colonel then I am guessing you either dont have a job or you work from home.....

He shoots just like my modded controller I am exploiting this until Bungie patches it Oh thats right they can't

Except he had Crazy bad aim and still got the kills can anyone explain that??

[quote name='MrYouTube']He shoots just like my modded controller I am exploiting this until Bungie patches it Oh thats right they can't

Except he had Crazy bad aim and still got the kills can anyone explain that??[/QUOTE]

Seems like it would pretty easy to ban someone doing it though

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']How sad and pathetic must one's life be for them to have to cheat at a video game?[/QUOTE]

ask this mryoutube dipshit.

You guys are acting like cheating in Halo is on par with kidnapping and molesting babies. Who gives a fuck let them cheat, eventually get banned, buy a new game and do it over again. Seriously.

Cheating at Video games is part of videogames. Its what makes them fun. Sadly I am from an era where cheat codes existed today you have to pay for them or know how to re wire your controller.

But keep this in mind cheating and video games go hand in hand.

What harm is he causing?? Its a video game. Besides controllers which do the exact same thing with a turbo button can be purchased at Gamestop.

What post was so dramatic that it made cheating seem on par with crimes? Seriously? No one was that dramatic, except for you, Thorgouge. Don't try to make others look like tools, when you're the only one acting like one.

As far as cheating being a part of video games, you're only half right. Cheating is part of a game...when it's intended by the developer. Cheat codes are put into the game by the development team. They are also an element found in single-player modes, where the only person you are "cheating" is yourself. Using mods or whatever to gain a clear upperhand in multiplayer games cheats other people of their opportunity to enjoy the game.

[quote name='MrYouTube']
What harm is he causing?? [/QUOTE]

Cheating online ruins the experience for others, who also paid for the game. How would you like it if I came into your house and started pouring Pepsi into your cereal? You can still eat it! Oh, but that's not what you wanted, was it? I don't give a fuck if people cheat offline, that's their choice. I don't mind codes and shit, I don't mind if someone cheats for achievements/unlocks/whatever, but if you start cheating online in matches, you are ruining it for the other people playing. That's when it becomes a problem.

[quote name='MrYouTube']
What harm is he causing?? Its a video game. Besides controllers which do the exact same thing with a turbo button can be purchased at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

It's called competitive multiplayer. How is it competitive if one player has an unfair advantage not related to his skill with the game?

LOL @ "How could cheating in competitive multiplayer possibly be a big deal guys! Why so serious?"

Idiots.

It's a pretty big f*cking deal when a particular feature of the game becomes more trouble than its worth due to unresolved abuse. Gears of War 2 and Modern Warfare 2 are prime examples of why cheating in competitive multiplayer is enough to quit playing the game altogether. When you have to deal with either a guaranteed loss or unfair disadvantage every 8 out of 10 games you play what in the hell is the point of toughing it out?

Mods will eventually get you banned, of course. Mods also will discourage players who are still trying to get the hang of competitve MP, being victim to this will only cause more players to play FF, Campaign, and Maple Story...and that's the main harm that comes to modded gameplay in a MP setting.

If someone uses a mod in an arena game, I'm pretty sure they'll wake up with pepsi in their cereal along with whatever else bungie does for those type of shenanigans.

As for posts from ppl who just made a new account this month boasting about exploits? uh..yeah.

How embarassing and sad that modder in the YouTube video didn't get a perfection. He didn't even come close, what, with falling to his death multiple times and not knowing what "Returns to Battlefield" means.

Left this thread yesterday when it was Page 133, come back today to 133-135 and things escalated a bit, eh?

Help1, I half-agree with you (I don't think MW2 is really geared towards casual play, especially when you look at what the community you have to deal with is), but I hear ya. I just prefer playing to just...play. When you're in Arena with ranks and people getting pissed off about the games and their KDRs and stuff, it just ruins the fun for me. If people prefer the feeling of competition and "gotta win, gotta win, gotta win", well lawdy, all power to you. I'm just glad there's the option to switch between the two gaming types.

I have way too many buds who take gaming far too seriously. I don't want to be at your house if I'm trying to play Reach with yeh, in an attempt to have fun, and the entire time you're yelling about how bullshit that death was and "WELP THERE GOES MY fuckING KDR" at the end of every match.

The point of videogames is to entertain. I think people seem to have lost that nowadays.

MrYouTube, you're a dipshit. Wouldn't be surprised if you're 15 years old or under.

I never understood why people do this. All it does is make people stop playing competitive modes and cause leaderboards to be a huge joke. I will still give Halo some chance. The first time I run into someone doing to this... the game will be thrown on the shelf. I can't stand that crap.

The one thing I still dont understand is...
How BFBC2 never has any glitches/mods going on (i.e. everyone has a fair advantage), yet games that have a bigger backing i.e. Halo, Call of Duty, GoW, etc are just littered with glitches/mods/hosting advantage crap?

As long as it doesn't get as bad as it was with Halo 2. I remember modders in that game... making you spawn in one spot while getting killed in one shot.

[quote name='lordopus99']
The one thing I still dont understand is...
How BFBC2 never has any glitches/mods going on (i.e. everyone has a fair advantage), yet games that have a bigger backing i.e. Halo, Call of Duty, GoW, etc are just littered with glitches/mods/hosting advantage crap?[/QUOTE]

I think it's because those games have a bigger backing, that's what attracts the hackers. For instance, how many hackers write viruses/worms for operating systems other than Windows? Not many, because Windows dominates the market share. It's no surprise then that MW2 has the most hacks, because the largest number of people are playing it. There are immediately more people to hack the game, and a greater reward to hack, because it's THE game to brag to your friends about. Same thing with Halo. Bigger games bring out the bigger cheats.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Left this thread yesterday when it was Page 133, come back today to 133-135 and things escalated a bit, eh?

Help1, I half-agree with you (I don't think MW2 is really geared towards casual play, especially when you look at what the community you have to deal with is), but I hear ya. I just prefer playing to just...play. When you're in Arena with ranks and people getting pissed off about the games and their KDRs and stuff, it just ruins the fun for me. If people prefer the feeling of competition and "gotta win, gotta win, gotta win", well lawdy, all power to you. I'm just glad there's the option to switch between the two gaming types.

I have way too many buds who take gaming far too seriously. I don't want to be at your house if I'm trying to play Reach with yeh, in an attempt to have fun, and the entire time you're yelling about how bullshit that death was and "WELP THERE GOES MY fuckING KDR" at the end of every match.

The point of videogames is to entertain. I think people seem to have lost that nowadays.

MrYouTube, you're a dipshit. Wouldn't be surprised if you're 15 years old or under.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. I used to be obsessed with KD ratio in Halo 3 and COD4: MW but it got to the point where the game wasn't fun and actually caused stress in hoping you'd be on a winning team with a good KD ratio.

Fast forward to today and no one cares about those games anymore so what difference does it make if you are at 1.5 or 2.0 KD. Your record is obsolete once the next iteration comes out. I found that not caring so much is more fun and actually causes you to do better.

Hey whats good CaGs, anyways i tried searching for Halo Reach Clans > Forums and didn't find much. just looking for some mature gamers to coop/matchmaking with. Any light on the topic would be much help. thx

[quote name='Daywalker']As long as it doesn't get as bad as it was with Halo 2. I remember modders in that game... making you spawn in one spot while getting killed in one shot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Nine times out of ten, when Warlock popped up, you knew you were about to get dicked.

[quote name='MrYouTube']Cheating at Video games is part of videogames. Its what makes them fun. Sadly I am from an era where cheat codes existed today you have to pay for them or know how to re wire your controller.

But keep this in mind cheating and video games go hand in hand.

What harm is he causing?? Its a video game. Besides controllers which do the exact same thing with a turbo button can be purchased at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Reported for being underage.

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']Hey whats good CaGs, anyways i tried searching for Halo Reach Clans > Forums and didn't find much. just looking for some mature gamers to coop/matchmaking with. Any light on the topic would be much help. thx[/QUOTE]

Why don't you come join us at 2old2playHalo. Are you over 25? If so then we might be a good place for you to come play.

2old2play.com is the site. You or anyone else can PM me if you're interested.

I could've sworn they added a handicap match playlist to the servers today. I've consistently had people on my team quit out and had to start the game 2v4 or 3v4 - which is always a good thing.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I could've sworn they added a handicap match playlist to the servers today. I've consistently had people on my team quit out and had to start the game 2v4 or 3v4 - which is always a good thing.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I had that happen to me a couple of times today 3v1 or a 3v2. Anybody else notice that if you're a good player the game seems to put really retarded players on your team?

Like I'm not talking about the peeps who go -1 or -2 I'm talking about tards who go -10 or -15 in a match and this is team slayer I'm talking about. Honestly that is just handing over the game to the other team and no matter how positive I manage to go, its still not enough to carry the team.

also as long as I'm venting lol, anybody else notice how ridiculous booting has gotten? It seems my retarded teammates like to deliberately stand where I throw grenades at enemies just so they can boot me from the game. I wish Bungie had a system more like World at War where it was 3 strikes and you're out. I'm really hoping that they fix this come the October update.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Left this thread yesterday when it was Page 133, come back today to 133-135 and things escalated a bit, eh?

MrYouTube, you're a dipshit. Wouldn't be surprised if you're 15 years old or under.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kendro']Amen to that. I used to be obsessed with KD ratio in Halo 3 and COD4: MW but it got to the point where the game wasn't fun and actually caused stress in hoping you'd be on a winning team with a good KD ratio.

Fast forward to today and no one cares about those games anymore so what difference does it make if you are at 1.5 or 2.0 KD. Your record is obsolete once the next iteration comes out. I found that not caring so much is more fun and actually causes you to do better.[/QUOTE]

This is why I quit playing BFBC2 with my friends brother. Sure he scored points but all he would ask at the end of the match was your KDR. I said, "If your so into the KDR go play MW2". I just don't care about my KDR. I really don't.

[quote name='pete5883']Played Campaign for a couple hours last night and only earned 6 credits. What gives?[/QUOTE]

You are earning more but the tally resets after you complete a level.

[quote name='pete5883']Played Campaign for a couple hours last night and only earned 6 credits. What gives?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yankeessuck']You are earning more but the tally resets after you complete a level.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, just remember how many you have before you begin playing campaign. I'm guessing Bungie didn't put a cR screen in campaign so the story would be uninterrupted.

:lol: cheating not a big deal for online multiplayer? Surely that was a joke.

Anyways, I ventured into Rumble Pit for the first time last night. It was fun, but I quickly fell into a long chain of Infection. First time in Reach for that as as well, and I actually think it's a lot of fun, but 9 games in a row is a bit much.

Feels like Team Objective is the only playlist where I can see any sort of variety. Team Slayer is mostly SWAT and DMR's for me and Rumble Pit is practically all Infection.

Still loving the game overall (about to hit Captain!) I just find the playlist system getting on my nerves from time to time.

You can back out of Rumble Pit after a match and start up a new search.

Sometimes I get in lobbies that always vote infection, other times they're always voting Slayer, usually I can back out and keep from staying with a group of people all voting for the same game type.

[quote name='dmaul1114']You can back out of Rumble Pit after a match and start up a new search.[/QUOTE]
I do that, but everyone was voting it in every lobby.

Wasn't totally dreadful, though. It is fun. I got an awesome 11 kill shotgun streak on Swordbase as the last man standing :) pretty intense when you have 7 zombies flying into the room you're hiding in.

terrible games today. ive played 4 or 5 slayer matches and my teams been shorted every game. one game i was the only one on my team left.

just awful games so far.

I find Infection fun, even if only a Zombie Season/Hell's Janitor spree during my first Infection is what keeps me going, but I groan whenever it's Infection on Zealot.

They really need to do something about that low-gravity top level. Every Survivor just heads up there onto the platform on the other side and it becomes just a whole buncha frustration.

Reach is a blast, but it has its annoyances.

i actually killed a guy who was hiding near the lift. as i was riding the lift i waited for it to turn red and swoosh i got an awesome kill but once out of like 20 times isn't anything special

me and my friend were fooling around in forge. we put objects all over the place and dropped cars and other vehicles watching them twirl and twist as they fell. we didn't do it but i just had the idea of doing that for dead bodies and watching them fall and hit S*** like a pinball all the way down

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']They're going to add a Return to the Battlefield prompt to the top of Zealot which will kill you once the countdown (starting at 10 sec.) reaches 0.[/QUOTE]

Thank god. One less crapfest to deal with.

So many daily challenges missed while not having internet...lawdy.

When Bungie ends up releasing more armor, do you think they'll release it in conjunction with maps, or standalone? If standalone, here's to hoping they don't charge for it.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']They're going to add a Return to the Battlefield prompt to the top of Zealot which will kill you once the countdown (starting at 10 sec.) reaches 0.[/QUOTE]

They already have that though. Or do you mean "once you go outside" compared to what it is currently of just going to high?

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Thank god. One less crapfest to deal with.

So many daily challenges missed while not having internet...lawdy.

When Bungie ends up releasing more armor, do you think they'll release it in conjunction with maps, or standalone? If standalone, here's to hoping they don't charge for it.[/QUOTE]

the DLC apparently is an additional 250 gamer points, I'd imagine it's more MP maps. Extra armor just unlocks when the % of the players as a whole unlocks or reaches a global commendation stat etc. It's on their forums, I just don't have the link. So, the more ppl play and unlock stuff...the closer the bulk of us has to unlocking more stuff.

bread's done
Back