Halo Wars - $52.99 - Amazon

GameDealDaily still has it for $45, $50 after shipping. Comes with the Limited Edition Tin to.

Started playing it last night though and I gotta say I'm enjoying it but I wouldn't recommend it for anything more than $30.

I'm not sure if you can still get away with this but if you buy a copy of the Limited Edition (not from GDD since it doesn't come with the map codes) you can sell the Mythic Map Pack for around $40 on eBay. If Buy.com still has it up for $68 that means you can effectively snag a limited edition copy for $18. Worked for me a couple weeks ago at least.

[quote name='PvtChurch']GameDealDaily still has it for $45, $50 after shipping. Comes with the Limited Edition Tin to.

Started playing it last night though and I gotta say I'm enjoying it but I wouldn't recommend it for anything more than $30.

I'm not sure if you can still get away with this but if you buy a copy of the Limited Edition (not from GDD since it doesn't come with the map codes) you can sell the Mythic Map Pack for around $40 on eBay. If Buy.com still has it up for $68 that means you can effectively snag a limited edition copy for $18. Worked for me a couple weeks ago at least.[/QUOTE]

68 - 40 = 28 ;)

Also plus ebay fees, but still a good deal.

[quote name='gamerjuice']Ouch 52.99 for standard edition, doesn't look like a deal to me.[/quote]

Um that's $7 off what everyone else charges, and it's even $2 less than Gamestop charges for it used without the Edge card, plus free shipping. Seems like a deal to me.

[quote name='jeffpm']GameRoomDeals.com has it for cheaper
i.gif

[/quote]

Don't trust em though!

Nice share, thanks!

got mines a few days ago. ordered when gogamers had it for about 39. surprisingly this rts works fairly well on a console... the biggest downside to me is the limited cookie cutter base building structure. although this is a deal from the retail price, i dont know if i would say it's worth it. i wouldnt put a set price on it but it definately isnt worth retail. :x

[quote name='Vcize']68 - 40 = 28 ;)

Also plus ebay fees, but still a good deal.[/quote]

Haha, that it is. Time to brush up on my elementary math :)

I'm almost finished with Halo Wars. I think its worth the price tag even though I never paid full price. Such a polished console RTS game. Although I think the AI is weak in any mode.

The AI seems to be the main issue most reviewers had with the game. Nonetheless, I am definitely going to pick this up, eventually. Ensemble was one of the the best RTS developers, and they apparently were able to accomplish something almost no one else was able to, and that was develop a fun, stream-lined RTS game on a console.

bread's done
Back