HAPPY BOttXING DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mcgavin27']good luck to you sir.[/quote]

Maybe not.
I just beat Zant, and am on my way to Hyrule Castle to face off against Ganondorf, so there's not much left, but I want to pace it out. The fight with Zant is awesome though.

[quote name='manthing']Well that's what I'd expect, since you live in Hell and all.....;)[/QUOTE]
I think the state I live in is the problem, actually.

ok OTT we're off to NYC for lionhart's xmas present. hopefully i can find him a massive yet tasty hamburger for dinner.

My TRU had a lot of PS2 RPG's but I already had them from the b2g1 sale. Really, the only ones on the list I got from then were Suikoden V, VPL and Steambot. I did get Samurai Champlolo,. but they didn't have any of the other stuff I wanted. Which was mainly the capcom and gradius collection. My suspicion is that someone bought them in advance. Oh well. There was another CAG there before me buying up one of all the goofd RPG's but I had most of them.

In other news I picked up a new HP printer for my parents. My dad and I are going to split the cost. It was ten buks more to go in store. Then I dnno what I'm going to do about the defective epson printer I have. I thought about donating it to goodwill but I don't want to donate a defective product.

Oh, and speaking of burgers, a new Cheesbburger in paradise opened up by my TRU. I'll have to try it.

[quote name='Moxio']I like how Renegade Zero, one of the funniest posters on CAG to laugh at, just kind of inserts himself between blows.[/QUOTE]Crashspyro is Renegade Zero? I did not know that.

[quote name='Eviltude']Think I'm going to see if I can find any good SNES or N64 games. To the gamecrazy![/QUOTE]
They didn't have any good ones. Had A Link to the Past for SNES but that was the only good one. I'll pass I guess.

[quote name='jmcc']Crashspyro is Renegade Zero? I did not know that.[/QUOTE]

Look further, he makes this awkward post right between insults. I thought it was funny.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']

I was also tempted by the FMA DS game, but wasn't quite sure how good it was... it looked like it had potential though. Anyone played it?[/quote]
You mean you missed my rave review of the game I did a few OTTs back! :shock:

It's an alright game. It gets higher marks if you're a FMA fan. There's actually a lot cutscenes and dialogue for a portable game. The story spans the entire animated series. The game is fairly short, only a few hours long, and the time actually playing the game and the time spent in a cutscene is about split down the middle. The controls are a bit sluggish but you won't actually notice until you fight some of the quicker bosses (Wrath). One of my biggest complaints is the poor use of the touch screen. There a few mini games that only use the touch screen that break up the beat'em up sections but they aren't very good. There are unlockable characters. After you beat the game with Ed you unlock Mustang, Armstrong, and Ed/Al's teacher (I forget her name). Each character plays a bit different and there are character specific cutscenes and levels so it has replayability.

Well, I went to Toys R Us and pretty much struck out. Found Odama for myself, but nothing else.

Sorry, I even asked, but no Advance Wars or Castlevania DoS, lionhart. :[

I hate my TRU. wish I could've helped you guys.

[quote name='Brak']My TRU didn't have jack-fuckin'-shit.

All I wanted was:

Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
Rogue Trooper (PS2)
Gradius Collection (PSP)

Ass.

I might go back and get Mercury for PSP, though.[/QUOTE]
I got RE4 for you, let me know if you still want it.

I also got MGA2 for 2fast and Metroid Pinball for Lionheart.

PM guys if you still want those games.

I know my TRU had one copy of RE that I could find but I don't think it is worth driving to the town over just to find out it was sold. Plus I tried the Call of Duty 2 demo and it is another WWII shooter that does nothing for me. The only WWII shooters that grip me are the Brothers in Arms games because of the gameplay mechanic (flanking and hiding behind cover).

Wow. I'm only just starting it and I can see why Resistance is labeled a Killer App already. Insomniac really knows how to make a great game.

[quote name='zewone']Is $300 in Bestbuy giftcards an unreasonable offer for a Wii?[/quote]

I don't think so. If I was offering the Wii, I'd take it.

[quote name='jmcc']While funny, I have to believe there are funnier ones around. Why, I bet that's not even the funniest Jimmie-Morbid interaction.[/quote]

:lol: Yeah, theres a lot better ones.

[quote name='jmcc']While funny, I have to believe there are funnier ones around. Why, I bet that's not even the funniest Jimmie-Patchy Adams interaction.[/quote]
It holds a special place in my heart.

[quote name='keithp']In honor of Boxing Day I punched my boss out today.[/QUOTE]
Really? What happened? You in Va beach too eh?

Man., I just realized I forgot to look for the gaming magazines with the $5 coupon for Zelda while I was at CC. Maybe I'l download them and print them on the new printer I bought. But I'd prefer original.

When is BB supposed to be getting Wii Component cables? Is that before or after the $5 wii Accessory coupon expires? I thought it was the end of December.

Also, is it just me or does Optimus prime in the mopvie look like helper after he came from the hispanic chop shop.

I'm going to go on a small game shopping spree here in a minute I think. Any ps2 suggestions from gamestop?

Anyone want to get rid of Okami?

[quote name='zewone']It holds a special place in my heart.[/quote]

I could see why. In it's context, it's a nice little discussion. While not the tops, it's easily in the top ten.

I wanted to name this OTT after how much I hate Dog the bounty hunter.

something along the lines of "Dog the bOTTnty hunter sucks dong"

TL_Helper.gif

Helper has spoken.

I saw 2 kids trying to get GTA for the psp today...

Kid 1: I was in TRU, and the mom asked the woman for Vice City Stories. Her son looked to be about 8. The TRU woman told the mom the game was rated M. The mom said, "Oh, do they make a T version?" When she found out they didnt, she left. Good for her.:applause:

Kid 2: I was in EBgames, and the woman asked for Liberty City stories for her son. This kid looked to be about 10. The mom asked the EBguy why it was rated M.

He said. "It has bad language, violence, blood, drug use..."

and she says, "But no nudity right?"

He said, "No, but there are prostitutes."

She then says, "Thats ok, as long as there isn't nudity." and buys it. :roll:

[quote name='mr ryles']Do it! Do it![/quote]

I would, but I still have a backlog that I should get through.

It's rare for me to actually beat a game though. I think the last one was like Deus Ex.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I would, but I still have a backlog that I should get through.

It's rare for me to actually beat a game though. I think the last one was like Deus Ex.[/quote]
Did you play it for the wii or the gc? Also I keep hearing the ending is a disappointment. Thoughts on that?

hmm do i go out tonight, which will involve driving around with my friends not doing shit, and not accomplish anything, except waste a ton of gas, or do i stay in and finish God of War?

[quote name='dcfox']Did you play it for the wii or the gc? Also I keep hearing the ending is a disappointment. Thoughts on that?[/quote]

Wii.

I liked the ending. It's somewhat anti-climatic after an awesome final boss fight, but I didn't mind. My friend didn't like it though, so you can see there is a divide.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']hmm do i go out tonight, which will involve driving around with my friends not doing shit, and not accomplish anything, except waste a ton of gas, or do i stay in and finish God of War?[/QUOTE]
You still haven't beat that? Wasn't that game of the year in '05?

[quote name='Eviltude']You still haven't beat that? Wasn't that game of the year in '05?[/quote]

I still need to beat that too. And now you see what I mean about a backlog.

[quote name='Eviltude']You still haven't beat that? Wasn't that game of the year in '05?[/QUOTE]
i bought it from you last month, remember?

and now i decided i wont start Resident Evil 4 until i finish that... too bad i keep getting distracted by The Movies

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']i bought it from you last month, remember?

and now i decided i wont start Resident Evil 4 until i finish that... too bad i keep getting distracted by The Movies[/quote]
You haven't played RE4? :nottalking:

[quote name='dcfox']You haven't played RE4? :nottalking:[/quote]
I fail because I borrowed the GCN version but never got past the part with Ashley... the fail mainly occurs when it comes to using weak, useless and unarmed little white girls. Other than that, it was an excellent game. I ought to pick it up again once my desk is re-set and try to beat that part.

I also fail because I have only played through parts of my friends copy last year :whistle2:(

I must pick it up and play it on my Wii when my component cables come in from Nintendo.

I haven't beaten RE4 because I was playing through it with my girlfriend, and we just sort of...stopped at one point, and haven't started again.

Oh I'm having a little trouble seeding a torrent. I have the entire album downloaded, but everytime I start up the torrent to seed it always tries to redownload the album. I've tried starting up the torrent multiple times and it still tries to download the album again. Do you know how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back