HAPPY NEW YEAR.. Any info about Wii shipments for the first week of 07???

I was just going to post that Roufuss. It seems that all the CC in my area got a shipment. Most likely they'll hold it for sunday. Anyone know if CC bundles?

[quote name='Popnmusic']I was just going to post that Roufuss. It seems that all the CC in my area got a shipment. Most likely they'll hold it for sunday. Anyone know if CC bundles?[/QUOTE]

Every CC I looked up all says they just ran out of stock 58 minutes ago, but they weren't even open 58 minutes ago. I think Itrackr screwed up when they added them, because Circuit City wasn't there at 7:30 am this morning.

I stole this from Slickdeals... just replace the zip code in the link with your zip code, it's the EB / GS locator for the Wii, MUCH more reliable than Itrackr:

http://www.gamestop.com/productavai...Console&platforms=Wii&sbox=&status=A&BN=False

Here is the same backdoor for Circuit City:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/howT...7&userClick=STORE_PICKUP&showMoreStores=false

[quote name='Roufuss']Every CC I looked up all says they just ran out of stock 58 minutes ago, but they weren't even open 58 minutes ago. I think Itrackr screwed up when they added them, because Circuit City wasn't there at 7:30 am this morning.[/quote]

I noticed that too this morning on itrackr. I saw Circuit City was added to the list and I saw a stock change so I was like "damn I was there at open yesterday". Then I looked at the time and it says the stock change occurred 2 hrs 15 min ago. Well the time here is alomst 10:00 meaning they sold out at 7:45AM? (not open till 10:00AM) I wouldn't think so unless maybe they got a handful and allowed employees to get them (although if this was the case I doubt all cities would show the same). It must be an error from adding them into the system.

Man if CC gets one I'll use the $40 of coupon and take back the Target one or maybe offer it to a CAGer at cost + shipping.

Is Best Buy / Circuit City even getting in Wii's anymore? I haven't heard of anyone getting it from there in weeks now.

[quote name='Roufuss']Is Best Buy / Circuit City even getting in Wii's anymore? I haven't heard of anyone getting it from there in weeks now.[/quote]

Well you'd think both BB and CC would be due to get some since all of the other stores have. I'm surprised a huge chain like BB hasn't had any in 07. I can kinda understand CC since it seems like (at least in my area) they're not very high in the distribution order (during the last ad before Christmas they only got 6 where other stores were getting at least 12).

[quote name='Chitown021']Well you'd think both BB and CC would be due to get some since all of the other stores have. I'm surprised a huge chain like BB hasn't had any in 07. I can kinda understand CC since it seems like (at least in my area) they're not very high in the distribution order (during the last ad before Christmas they only got 6 where other stores were getting at least 12).[/QUOTE]

Congrats on finally finding one Chitown! Did you return the bundle you ordered?

Hopefully your new Wii will dull the pain of the upcoming Bears' one-and-done playoff appearance. ;)

Apparently, my Target's aren't getting any at all today, which is great.

Wal-Mart got their shipments yesterday, so I completely missed that.

Looking at the Tampa Bay thread on Slickdeals, there are people who just sit around all day, call every store in existence, and buy 2 - 3 Wii's per visit.

I'm about to give up.

[quote name='funjoe']Congrats on finally finding one Chitown! Did you return the bundle you ordered?

Hopefully your new Wii will dull the pain of the upcoming Bears' one-and-done playoff appearance. ;)[/quote]

Thanks! I ended up selling off the extra games for a minimal loss. I kept Zelda and sold the console on ebay. Overall I came ot about $75 ahead (basically got Zelda for free out of the deal plus a few bucks).

As far as the Bears.. It really depends on which Grossman shows up. Will it be the 100+ passer rating or the guy that played last week against Green Bay?

Man, with all the blizzards and such I don't think Colorado has got any sence before Christmas. Oh and I'm sure the 8 inches we are getting now isnt going to help. Hell last week the Grocery stores didnt even have produce, milk or bread.

Back to Gears of war and TP on GC for me I guess. I did get Splinter Cell double agent for 360 for Xmas but I have never really liked the SC series.

It's a bummer to have money reserved for something and not have it available to purchase.

[quote name='Popnmusic']Nope they don't.[/QUOTE]

I guess that means I can take the weekend off from Wii hunting then.

I'll bet Best Buy is working on a Sunday circular for an upcoming week in the next two months featuring the 'Rii-launch'* of the Wii if they haven't decided it already. I know 360s were nowhere to be seen in their ads from the week before Christmas until sometime in March last year (where they were then a 'featured' item with a minimum of 40 per store, I believe). So, yeah, waiting for such an announcement is probably going to be at least another couple weeks for many of you, but no, it's not like you're never going to get another opportunity to put in the linesitting time for a (relatively) guaranteed Wii.

*--Oh, God...IhatemyselfIhatemyselfIhatemyself...

So I just found out about Itrackr today, and DAAAAAMN, that is useful. 20 out of 33 retailers in my area have PS3s. ^_^ 1 has a Wii(Unfortunately, not CC).

anyone know exactly how accurate itrakr is?

mine is showing an EB with a Wii and i went there at opening and they said no and later in the day and they still tell me no. however, the trakr is still saying they have stock.

mine is showing an EB with a Wii and i went there at opening and they said no and later in the day and they still tell me no. however, the trakr is still saying they have stock.

Yeah, well, consider the store. I'm saying that they're sitting in the back, 'tagged' with the names of employees, employees' friends, or people paying them a little extra sumpin'-sumpin' for 'holding' one for them.

Mreh I've been giving it my all for two weeks now. It's impossible to track down a Wii in my area, save if I check every store every day (which is waaay too time/gas consuming). iTrackr lags way behind - I have friends who recently bought Wii's at EB's here, and iTrackr never even showed the Wii's being in stock; the stores on it haven't been updated in weeks, while I KNOW they've gone through a couple of shipments of Wii's.

So I tried calling around, but noone knows when they'll get a shipment. And PS3 Seeker is telling me that Wal-Marts got a shipment of Wii's today, but I called and they said they never recieved a shipment. Target also allegedly got Wii's today, and I got the same response.

What the hell is left to do? I really wanted to get a Wii before Wednesday; I'm going on a school trip, and figured it'd be a fun way to kill time in the hotel room, so I don't have to lug down my Xbox, which we've played the hell out of on every school trip for the last 3 years.

arrrrrrgh!

Itrackr is way off on EB / GS shipment... they even mention on Itrackr how far behind it is. This is because EB / GS's online inventory system is also behind.

For Target, Itrackr is pretty spot on from what I've seen.

[quote name='noahj']anyone know exactly how accurate itrakr is?

mine is showing an EB with a Wii and i went there at opening and they said no and later in the day and they still tell me no. however, the trakr is still saying they have stock.[/quote]

Check my post earlier. Itrakr was very accurate in regards to Target (so accurate I knew they were there before the employees). Now as far as EB/GS goes... I wouldn't hold my breath. I think the earlier post from jollydwarf is correct. Either that or they've got their inventory system all screwed up (it was never very accurate back when they were Funcoland and I was working for them).

sorry if this was posted earlier, i just didn't see it, but does anyone know with any certainty if Target, KMart, Toys R Us, Wal Mart, EB gets shipments on Saturday mornings?

[quote name='noahj']sorry if this was posted earlier, i just didn't see it, but does anyone know with any certainty if Target, KMart, Toys R Us, Wal Mart, EB gets shipments on Saturday mornings?[/quote]

I don't think any of those stores receive shipments on Sat.

Your only shot on the weekends is if they're listed in the ad and stores hold them back for the sale.

[quote name='Popnmusic']Does eb and gamestop bundle their wiis?[/QUOTE]

Yea, Gamestop is taking "preorders" for a huge $700 bundle to ship on the 17th. I hate them so much.

They are calling it the "Most Wanted" bundle... those fucking assholes.

I saw someone returning an opened Wii at Walmart yesterday, claiming there was nothing wrong with it. Not sure why he was returning it then if it was opened.

Anyway, that was about the closest I've ever gotten to a Wii.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Mreh I've been giving it my all for two weeks now. It's impossible to track down a Wii in my area, save if I check every store every day (which is waaay too time/gas consuming). iTrackr lags way behind - I have friends who recently bought Wii's at EB's here, and iTrackr never even showed the Wii's being in stock; the stores on it haven't been updated in weeks, while I KNOW they've gone through a couple of shipments of Wii's.

So I tried calling around, but noone knows when they'll get a shipment. And PS3 Seeker is telling me that Wal-Marts got a shipment of Wii's today, but I called and they said they never recieved a shipment. Target also allegedly got Wii's today, and I got the same response.

What the hell is left to do? I really wanted to get a Wii before Wednesday; I'm going on a school trip, and figured it'd be a fun way to kill time in the hotel room, so I don't have to lug down my Xbox, which we've played the hell out of on every school trip for the last 3 years.

arrrrrrgh![/QUOTE]

Or maybe you could take a DS.

Or a good book.

I wouldn't pack and move my Wii for gaming on the road even if someone had a new one waiting for me if it broke. Not worth the hassle.

So I called my local walmart earlier. The lady told me that they didn't have any. She also said that the last time they had them in stock was last thursday (1/4/07) at 8am. Damnit I was there half an hour to early!!

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Or maybe you could take a DS.

Or a good book.

I wouldn't pack and move my Wii for gaming on the road even if someone had a new one waiting for me if it broke. Not worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

I imagined it was going to be for him and his friends, in which case the first two suggestions don't work.

i went to target today...none. 2 walmarts....none; though the yokel did say Wednesday they should arrive. whatever. orlando area, btw.

Yeah, I have been going to my local two targets, eb games and Walmart but nothing. Although all the Walmarts in my area got shipments two days ago at 9pm. Which sold out in minutes... I was so angry when I heard.

is it even worth going to my local target real early for tomorrows opening? i havent heard much buzz regarding shipments even.

if its not advertised, not really...sunday sales were only because companies were holding shipment from throughout the week. Toyrsus gets shipments early am morning in nyc, from what i can tell (i saw a shitload of bigtrucks come in around 530am.)

My deal for one of these for $50 over retail apparently fell through... back to camping out every retail store next week for this piece of shit.

I overheard a clerk at eb in the CT post mall (milford) say that gamestop/eb will not be getting any more wii's in until 1/15. He acted like this was chain wide, at least for the local stores.

This is one of the malls with the wii kiosk display, which is always crowded with people of various ages. FWIW, I saw several places with PS3s (including Target in the mall), and people are just walking right past them.

I went to BB today and they told me that theres a possibility that they'll have wiis next sunday morning. I'm not sure if this is local or nationwide.

[quote name='Roufuss']My deal for one of these for $50 over retail apparently fell through... back to camping out every retail store next week for this piece of shit.[/quote] You still haven't gotten one Roufuss? I thought you had.

I haven't gotten one yet. I have yet to see a Wii or a PS3. I'm starting to think this whole thing is a hoax. I was super hyped at launch for the Wii and I still was up until the first week or two in December but once I realized I wasn't going to get one in time for Christmas I gave up calling stores and I lost interest in it. I'm not so sure I would even buy one if I saw one. There's plenty of PS2 and DS games I could buy with the money.

[quote name='Roufuss']My deal for one of these for $50 over retail apparently fell through... back to camping out every retail store next week for this piece of shit.[/quote] You still haven't gotten one Roufuss? I thought you had.

I haven't gotten one yet. I have yet to see a Wii or a PS3. I'm starting to think this whole thing is a hoax. I was super hyped at launch for the Wii and I still was up until the first week or two in December but once I realized I wasn't going to get one in time for Christmas I gave up calling stores and I lost interest in it. I'm not so sure I would even buy one if I saw one. There's plenty of PS2 and DS games I could buy with the money.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']You still haven't gotten one Roufuss? I thought you had.

I haven't gotten one yet. I have yet to see a Wii or a PS3. I'm starting to think this whole thing is a hoax. I was super hyped at launch for the Wii and I still was up until the first week or two in December but once I realized I wasn't going to get one in time for Christmas I gave up calling stores and I lost interest in it. I'm not so sure I would even buy one if I saw one. There's plenty of PS2 and DS games I could buy with the money.[/QUOTE]

Deal fell through... the guy I was going to buy it from for slightly over retail just completely disappeared and won't answer emails anymore.

Word on the street is the reason Circuit City isn't getting them in is because of the $40 off $199 coupon, but this could very well be fake. People are saying once the coupons expires at the end of Jan., CC will start restocking.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']You still haven't gotten one Roufuss? I thought you had.

I haven't gotten one yet. I have yet to see a Wii or a PS3. I'm starting to think this whole thing is a hoax. I was super hyped at launch for the Wii and I still was up until the first week or two in December but once I realized I wasn't going to get one in time for Christmas I gave up calling stores and I lost interest in it. I'm not so sure I would even buy one if I saw one. There's plenty of PS2 and DS games I could buy with the money.[/QUOTE]

Deal fell through... the guy I was going to buy it from for slightly over retail just completely disappeared and won't answer emails anymore.

Word on the street is the reason Circuit City isn't getting them in is because of the $40 off $199 coupon, but this could very well be fake. People are saying once the coupons expires at the end of Jan., CC will start restocking.

bread's done
Back