HAPPY NEW YEAR.. Any info about Wii shipments for the first week of 07???

I walked in the EB next door where I work, but the dude was on the phone, so I didn't wait to ask about a Wii, because I figured it was a lost cause. So, as I was leaving work a few hours later, I see that the place is empty and I go in to ask the guy if they're getting any in stock. He says they had some this morning that sold out right away. I was in there when they were available, and I didn't know it. Gah!

[quote name='Roufuss']fuck... my damn Target's still don't have shit.[/quote]

Roufuss, if I spot a Wii before you find them in your area I would be willing to send it to you for cost plus shipping.

[quote name='Chitown021']Roufuss, if I spot a Wii before you find them in your area I would be willing to send it to you for cost plus shipping.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks.

I'm hoping Target comes through over here any day now... and Tuesday / Wed / Thurs hopefully TRU will get some more in.

I just got Zelda in the mail from the $37.99 CC sale, was hoping i'd have a Wii by now :lol:

After the New Year passed it seems shipments have slowed down or almost stopped all together in some areas. What is the deal? Can't Nintendo churn these things out faster?

Well actually it seems Target, TRU, and Wal-Mart have received a bunch since the first. I have a feeling that BB and CC are stockpiling them at a central location like a distribution center for a Sunday ad release. I don't see how other stores keep getting them and they've gotten zilch.

I think the current rumor is that this coming Sunday will be another release for BB...

[quote name='Roufuss']Awesome, thanks.

I'm hoping Target comes through over here any day now... and Tuesday / Wed / Thurs hopefully TRU will get some more in.

I just got Zelda in the mail from the $37.99 CC sale, was hoping i'd have a Wii by now :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just got Zelda in today too. Just need to find a Best Buy with a Wii in stock! Hang in there Roufuss!!

[quote name='keithp']Yeah, I just got Zelda in today too. Just need to find a Best Buy with a Wii in stock! Hang in there Roufuss!![/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm trying.

I've also heard the MLK Day re-release at Best Buy, but I've also heard that Best Buy is advertising these in the 1/21 ad so that's why they haven't put any out.

Which makes sense, the ads are made about a month in advance I think, so the 1/21 ad was made probably around 12/20 or so when Best Buy realized the Wii is hot fire.

I'm actually not so sure the 15th is going to work because if BB was stockpiling they would be advertising the shit out of these.

The guy at TRU was just like "WE DONT HAVE WII'S BYE".

Okay I'm reaching my breaking point now. I can't take it anymore.

I know the manager at my EB fairly well. He used to be the manager there during the PS1 heyday and then they moved him to a different EB, he just returned this holiday season to my local EB. I asked him on Saturday night what's going on with the Wii, if had any advice etc. He was really concerned and I could tell wanted to help me out. He told me that they know everyday at noon if they're getting Wii's or not, they typically don't know any sooner than that. The shipment then comes between noon to 2pm.

I decided that I'll call everday at noon, and I'll physically go to the store on Tuesdays. I've been buying games long enough to know that Tuesdays are typically the day new games arrive, and that's the stores biggest shipment. So today my g/f wanted to go clothes shopping at some point, and I thought kill two birds with one stone. I'll get there at about a quarter til 12, and wait around for a shipment if they get one while she shops. I do just that, and this is what I hear as soon as I walk in the store.

Phone rings
EB employee gives his greeting, and then says "Oh I'm sorry we had three earlier today, but they're gone already. Yeah I know for some reason a shipment of them came in at 11 today. We're hoping we get them weekly."

I can't take this. Why do things keep changing. When I go there when they open, they come in in the afternoon. When I go in the afternoon they come in the morning. I check tracker sites all the time, and they fail miserably. Itrackr seems to only truly work for Target, it's a joke when it comes to game stores. Wiiseeker just picks random dates for chains (not individual stores), and the dates seem to be based on what people are saying on message boards not facts. I really think I just need to give up until I can walk into a store and pick one up off the shelves. No item is worth all this stress and disappointment.

I have heard 3 rumors going on here, This sunday, MLK day, and The 21st which do you think is the most realistic? I can only buy one at Best Buy due to gift cards, please help!

[quote name='Roufuss']Apparently, my Target's aren't getting any at all today, which is great.

Wal-Mart got their shipments yesterday, so I completely missed that.

Looking at the Tampa Bay thread on Slickdeals, there are people who just sit around all day, call every store in existence, and buy 2 - 3 Wii's per visit.

I'm about to give up.[/QUOTE]

what the hell? they're allowed to buy more than 1?

[quote name='highkicknomore']what the hell? they're allowed to buy more than 1?[/QUOTE]

Apparently Target limits it but Wal-Mart dosen't care how many you buy.

Looks like the latest rumors are BB either Jan 15th (doubt this is true) or Jan 21st and now there's lots of talk that Target is starting to stockpile for Jan 21st. I wonder if they are holding if that's going to set off Itrackr causing lots of pissed off folks when they're told they have them but can't sell them yet?

Yesterday, Itrackr showed that a Target store near me had the Wii in stock but when my girlfriend arrived to purchase one, they said they didn't have them. In fact, now that I look, it still says they are in stock. Anybody else have this problem?

I think Targets are holding them, Itrackr shows them in stock, but when you get to the store, they are not on the shelves. Itrakr was very accurate up until a couple of days ago, when this rumor of holding back the stock appeared. Also, I had a Target employee that works in electronics tell me that they will have some on the 21st.

[quote name='Legolas813']iTrackr hasn't been updated in weeks for the area I live.[/QUOTE]

Same.

I don't want to wait for the 21st so a nice CAG (thanks Dkellar!!) picked one up for me and sold it to me.

Good luck to everyone else out there.

iTrackr just showed that Circuit City 5 mins from me has Wiis. I called but they said that they don't have any. Should I go over there anyway? I don't know how accurate iTrackr is with CC. This is for my in-laws, I already have a Wii.

VICTORY!!!

Boy do I feel like such an idiot...after my temper tantrum yesterday.

What a morning I had. I got online and was just doing casual searching, telling myself not to check the tracker sites. After a while I was checking them, and feeling stupid. So I decided to make the round of calls. EB told me no and then I called Gamestop and then said yes. The catch being, they only had one left and six people had just called for one. I made an incredible run to Gamestop in five minutes BUT they'd sold it minutes ago. I wasn't too angry, because it was to be expected. So I then hit the Wal-mart right next to it (the first time I'd been in there in years), and was freaked out by how different it is now. They didn't have anything, and neither did K-mart. So as a last resort I decided to try EB even though I'd called just a half an hour earlier. I walked around the store, scoping things out. They had shipment boxes but I couldn't tell if they were big enough for Wii's or not. The employee picked one box up and took it to the back room. I was just about to leave feeling stupid, but I asked anyway.

Me: "Did you get any Wii's in your shipment today?"
EB: (Eyes shift side to side) "Maybe..."
Me: "Well do you?"
EB (Leans in real close and whispers) "We just got a case five minutes ago, do you want one?"
Me: "Yes I do..."
He then goes to the back room, gets one and hides it with his body so no one sees. As he's checking me out he explains that he didn't want to say out loud if they had any or not. He said last time he did thirty people came flying to the counter and it was absolute mayhem. They had to sort out who got the three, and people started fighting. So now they're being much secretive when they come in.

I haven't played it too much, but so far I'm impressed. The interface and set up process was very slick. The Mii's are adorable and fun as hell to make. Mine looks just like me, it's weird. I thought Tennis was okay, nothing spectacular. Bowling on the other hand is great. I'm had a lot of fun playing it. I can't wait to download Super Mario Bros. later.

[quote name='sadunclesnugglez']Congrats on finding one. I hope to find one sometime between now and my death.[/quote]

Ditto. I think any and all Wiis that were supposed to come to Colorado got rerouted to anywhere else during the blizzard and Nintendo forgot to turn the "ship to CO" machine back on. Itrakcer has never once found a store that has any in stock around me.

Well I just learned my lesson, trust iTrackr, not CC employees. I called multiple times to verify if they had Wiis or not and I was told each time that they had none (iTrackr was showing stock available).

After calling every half hour for an hour and a half, I finally decided to say screw it and started to cook dinner. My wife called again for the hell of it and they said they had 2 left in stock, whereas 30 minutes before they said they had none.

I hauled ass to CC, which took all of 5 minutes, only to be told that they were sold out. I guess they magically sold the last 2 units before I could get over - which is possible I guess, but the employees were acting incredibly shifty about the whole thing, and afterall, they had been telling me that there were none in stock all afternoon when they sure as hell had them.

I guess the moral of the story is that iTrackr is very accurate for CCs at least in my area. I was able to see Wiis sell out in two Virginia Beach locations shortly after they went on sale. It also shows that CCs in my area are not hoarding them for a Sunday sale or anything like that, they are just putting them out as they get them.

[quote name='Roufuss']Same.

I don't want to wait for the 21st so a nice CAG (thanks Dkellar!!) picked one up for me and sold it to me.

Good luck to everyone else out there.[/quote]

Congrats Roufuss! Glad to hear you finally snagged one of those elusive Wii's. Since I made my score I've been checking Itrackr and it doen't look like any stores have gotten them. I'm watching it to see if this "stockpiling" rumor is true. I know for a fact (from experience) that Itrackr is 100% accurate when it comes to Target.

Ok, this is weird. iTrackr says that my local Circuit City has Wiis in stock, yet it was updated at 9:30 last night. What does that mean?

[quote name='Legolas813']Ok, this is weird. iTrackr says that my local Circuit City has Wiis in stock, yet it was updated at 9:30 last night. What does that mean?[/quote]

As Botticus said, they will probably have them in the morning. If you read my posts from the last page, iTrackr was definitely accurate for CC in my area. I saw it go into and out of stock in three CCs in my area.

Does iTrackr (and the store locator link) for the Wii track used consoles as well?

I find it odd that my local EB just had a Wii traded in this week (that they can't sell) and they show as having Wiis available. And the status update was at 4am. Which is impossible.

take this with a grain of salt but i was perusing the best buy wii games section, and some random dude came up to me and said, "your lucky you have a wii. bestbuy manager just told me they were gonna have stock on the 21st and they were holding the consoles. fuckers."

i asked an employee about it, and they said they had no idea.

[quote name='botticus']Does iTrackr (and the store locator link) for the Wii track used consoles as well?

I find it odd that my local EB just had a Wii traded in this week (that they can't sell) and they show as having Wiis available. And the status update was at 4am. Which is impossible.[/quote]

iTrackr doesn't work well with EB and GS at all. They even state on their site that GS and EB are so slow to update their inventory that iTrackr is most likely not right.

My local GS got a shipment of 3 Wiis in yesterday afternoon and iTrackr never showed anything.

[quote name='forgrim']take this with a grain of salt but i was perusing the best buy wii games section, and some random dude came up to me and said, "your lucky you have a wii. bestbuy manager just told me they were gonna have stock on the 21st and they were holding the consoles. fuckers."

i asked an employee about it, and they said they had no idea.[/quote]

It seems to be the consensus that BB will have Wiis on the 21st. It is going to be in their ad for the 21st so they are definitely holding them.

iTrackr really does work! I just scored a Wii at CC's opening. There were over a dozen people in line (all of them there because of iTrackr). There were 9 Wiis and thankfully I was far enough in line to get one.

I went into a GS by my work right as the UPS guy got there. I was stoked. The lady looked at me and without opening one box said "No Wiis are in this I can tell". I really hope she was not lying, but the way she did it seemed pretty shady. I decided to hit up a few more stores. Sams Club said sometime in February and CC told me to come back at Easter.

This is nuts, I have a job I can't wait around GS all day hoping a shipment comes in. Itracker has never shown any in stock anywhere for about two weeks in my area.

Well at least you know about when the UPS guy gets there, I don't know if you can take your lunch at around that time or not, but you will get one eventually. Good Luck

Finally got mine from a GS in Cali. Called ahead and they said there were only two. Luckily, I live about 5 minutes away (and there are few police cars around) so I managed to snag one. As I was walking outside, I passed 2-3 guys who looked kinda pissed after they saw the large GS bag.

[quote name='fshaia']Well at least you know about when the UPS guy gets there, I don't know if you can take your lunch at around that time or not, but you will get one eventually. Good Luck[/quote]
Yeah it was at about 12:10, so perfect for lunch time, If Nintendo can manage to get a few to this store.

I have called some other GS/EB's and no one has any or has recieved any here in CO, at least that is what they tell me.

Heres the kicker, we are getting more snow tonight. I really do think all the bad weather has slowed shipments of Wiis here.

now I know my local GS shipment arrival. (Lunch time - very busy) So I'll be going there since calling them is useless

called: no shipment
hour later - went to the store
clerk: oh we just sold out an hr ago.

Target IS stockpiling until the 21st.... i checked itracker at 4am Thursday, and they said they had it in stock, so I call Target at about 4:30am (yes, if you wait long enough, someone will pick up the phone whose stocking the store for the day).... when i ask about Wiis being in stock, I hear some other guy yell that they have some, but will sell their stock on the 21st.... Funny how the most helpful Target employees are the ones that work graveyard shift...

Wii Seeker is still showing the 15th. They've also updated to reflect the Target stockpiling for the 21st. I wonder how early the lines will start and if there will be overnight camping on the 20th. That would be amazing if people were still camping to get one 2 months after launch.

[quote name='Chitown021']Wii Seeker is still showing the 15th. They've also updated to reflect the Target stockpiling for the 21st. I wonder how early the lines will start and if there will be overnight camping on the 20th. That would be amazing if people were still camping to get one 2 months after launch.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about it. As long as it's not 20 below and I have a few friends to kill the time, I'll do it. I want a Wii damn it!

[quote name='sadunclesnugglez']I'm thinking about it. As long as it's not 20 below and I have a few friends to kill the time, I'll do it. I want a Wii damn it![/quote]

I hear ya. If I hadn't lucked out at Target last week I would be out there as well. I'm still thinking about doing it so I can help my Uncle get one.

[quote name='irGator']Does anyone know if the dec. 15th rumor is true, or has it been denied?[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping that BB will have a large amount of consoles on the 15th, and Target will have plenty of consoles on the 21st. If BB can satisfy all customers that are going to buy a Nintendo Wii on the 15th, maybe there won't be as much people for the 21st at Target, at least that's what I hope will happen.

I hate this damn stockpiling crap. My Target has had Wii's since Tuesday and they just keep stacking them and will not sell ahead of time. I finally had to talk to a manager to get the truth. January 21st is the day. Supposedly targets are going to have a bunch. The same if not more than the 25 minimum that Best Buy will have. Now only if the Best Buy January 15th rumor is true. I hope so cuz' I am off on Mondays.

Yea, I'm not sure why these stores feel the need to advertise the console and then hold on to them for the printing of the ad, these things are flying off the shelves without advertising. I wish you Good luck in finding one though !

[quote name='fshaia']Yea, I'm not sure why these stores feel the need to advertise the console and then hold on to them for the printing of the ad, these things are flying off the shelves without advertising. I wish you Good luck in finding one though ![/QUOTE]

Believe me, knowing you can go on the 21st early enough and be GUARANTEED one is 100000000000 times easier than having to guess which store gets which shipment when.

[quote name='Roufuss']Believe me, knowing you can go on the 21st early enough and be GUARANTEED one is 100000000000 times easier than having to guess which store gets which shipment when.[/quote]

I disagree with that. I would rather take my chances of randomly finding one than having wait in line for hours.

bread's done
Back