Harry Potter 1-5 HD/Blu-Ray Deals?

[quote name='BunnyShoopShoop']I'm looking for the Harry Potter 1-5 Gift Set on either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray..
anybody know where you can get it cheapest?

thanks,
BunnyShoopShoop[/quote]

If you look around here, there are a couple posts on this already. I think there's a 25% off code for Warner Home Video that brings the price for the HD-DVD format down to $83.99 or something like that. Thats where I ordered it from.

[quote name='dmendro']If you look around here, there are a couple posts on this already. I think there's a 25% off code for Warner Home Video that brings the price for the HD-DVD format down to $83.99 or something like that. Thats where I ordered it from.[/QUOTE]

Does that code work at all for Blu-rays?

I hate warner home video online... I ordered ocean's trilogy and it's been more than 1 month and they havent sent it yet. So expect long delay if you order anything from them.

I got my BD Harry potter box sets from Barnes & Noble w/ 50% coupon + 10% member discount. $60+tax shipped. But that was around a month ago...

[quote name='gunawi']I hate warner home video online... I ordered ocean's trilogy and it's been more than 1 month and they havent sent it yet. So expect long delay if you order anything from them.

I got my BD Harry potter box sets from Barnes & Noble w/ 50% coupon + 10% member dicount. $60+tax shipped. But that was around a month ago...[/QUOTE]

What is this 50% coupon you speak of??

Basketkase543 the coupon was for members of the Barnes&Noble book club it gave you 50% off any item (iirc) online, its already expired too.

For those of you that ordered on WHV store...Let us know if you get it, I had ordered Ocean's Trilogy along with Harry Potter Set on HD DVD but I never got Ocean's so I just recently canceled. Now I'm wondering if they had held the order to ship both items together.

I canceled my order for Oceans, Bladerunner, and HP box set from WHV online. After Oceans being on backorder for more than a month and the thought of not receiving any of my movies in a timely matter I got fed up with them.

I'll buy Bladerunner off amazon for an extra 3 bucks and just wait for the next DDD sale for Oceans and HP. At least you actually receive movies from DDD.

Yeah, it took like 2 or 3 months for my Corpse Bride to show up from WHV. If I hadn't got such a great price I would have canceled much earlier.

It's good for patient people, but honestly in the time you'll wait, you'll prolly find a comparable price that won't take months to ship.

I called every day to Warner's customer service over my Kubrick's a few months ago. Didn't take too long before they finally showed up. Just be persistant and put a little pressure on the phone rep that you want the goods you paid for to be sent. Eventually you'll get the goods.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did anyone get a ship confirmation from WHV yet?[/QUOTE]

Let me put it this way... I got my "ship confirmation" a full month AFTER I got the goods.

I also ordered the HP set from WHV and I have been thinking about canceling and just ordering from Amazon it's been in my gold box a few times for 97ish.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I also ordered the HP set from WHV and I have been thinking about canceling and just ordering from Amazon it's been in my gold box a few times for 97ish.[/quote]

I have to check my gold box more often for 97 I think I would bite...then again, its not too far from its current 104 price.

[quote name='rsigley']i got my HArry Potter box set from WHV Today along with Blade Runner (???)

ordered both oct 30th[/quote]

WTH, that's BS, (not mad at you) but I order mine on Sept 23rd, and it's still processing

[quote name='rsigley']i got my HArry Potter box set from WHV Today along with Blade Runner (???)

ordered both oct 30th[/QUOTE]

WTF? Blade Runner isn't supposed to be out for 2 weeks...

ordered both oct 30th[/QUOTE]

Need photos of Blade Runner ASAP

[quote name='MrDubbs']WTH, that's BS, (not mad at you) but I order mine on Sept 23rd, and it's still processing[/QUOTE]

WMV's website is horrible at updating. Like I said above it wasn't until a full month after I got my Kubricks that it finally went from "processing" to "shipped."

[quote name='Demolition Man']WMV's website is horrible at updating. Like I said above it wasn't until a full month after I got my Kubricks that it finally went from "processing" to "shipped."[/quote]

My credit card hasn't even been charged yet so I thinks its safe to assume my Potter has yet to ship.

I really wish someone was having a deal for HP. I had it ordered at WHV, but they canceled it on me. :cry:

I have my HP blu-ray set preordered at WHV, and I felt pretty good about that until reading this thread.....thanks guys. :p

I have the HP set and Blade Runner (HD DVD) on order with the WB store. My experience with the first disc in my order, 2001, was that it arrived on the release date, but I didn't get a shipment notice until a month later. Not bad at all!

[quote name='Kfoster1979']My credit card hasn't even been charged yet so I thinks its safe to assume my Potter has yet to ship.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't charged until the "ship confirmation" was sent as well.

[quote name='tayaf69']I really wish someone was having a deal for HP. I had it ordered at WHV, but they canceled it on me. :cry:[/QUOTE]

You were supposed to call them on the third notice of it being "delayed" to let them know that you were still interested in wanting the goods. Of course they put that bit so far buried deep in that e-mail that I'm surprised that I even noticed it.

[quote name='Demolition Man']You were supposed to call them on the third notice of it being "delayed" to let them know that you were still interested in wanting the goods. Of course they put that bit so far buried deep in that e-mail that I'm surprised that I even noticed it.[/QUOTE]

I got no such email...?

Is it safe to assume then, that if I haven't recieved any emails from WHV, that my set has shipped/will be shipping shortly.

my order is cancelled too. any more 25% off codes for the WHV store?

pisses me off they did it, but i wanna try to reorder since it's so much cheaper at the WB store than even Amazon.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I got no such email...?[/QUOTE]

Here's the one I got. Came from WARNER HOME VIDEO.

[quote name='WARNER HOME VIDEO'](name and address removed}

Regarding Order #(removed) placed on (removed)
Dear Demolition Man,
Unfortunately, we are sorry to inform you that there will be a further delay in shipping the following back ordered items:

QTY
Item
Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition Giftset (HD)
HD-DVD
Price $83.21 (Savings $27.74)
Blade Runner: Complete Collector's Edition (HD)
HD-DVD
Price $22.47 (Savings $7.48)

We will ship within the next thirty (30) days. It is quite possible that we could ship earlier.
At this time you have the right to consent to this further delay or to cancel your order. To consent to this delay please contact our Customer Service Department at (800)364-6928, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 12:00 Midnight (EST), or send us an email to [email protected].
Unless we hear from you within the next seven (7) days, it will be assumed that you have rejected any further delay and your back ordered items will be cancelled.
If you do cancel the order, be assured that your credit card has not been charged, as we have not shipped the product to you.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Best regards,
WARNER HOME VIDEO Customer Service[/quote]

[quote name='Demolition Man']Here's the one I got. Came from WARNER HOME VIDEO.[/QUOTE]

How odd -- I never got an email like that. I ordered on 9/18, and both HP and BR are still "in process".

Borders has a coupon now for 25 or 30 percent off any box set, or dvd or something.. i used it on paprika and the die hard collection.

damn them for selling retail.. but theyre the only ones who have those things.

Try borders.. the coupons they give out are amazing.. 40 percent off a boxset is incredible.. itd knock the price from 129 to nearly 65 ish.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Borders has a coupon now for 25 or 30 percent off any box set, or dvd or something.. i used it on paprika and the die hard collection.

damn them for selling retail.. but theyre the only ones who have those things.

Try borders.. the coupons they give out are amazing.. 40 percent off a boxset is incredible.. itd knock the price from 129 to nearly 65 ish.[/QUOTE]

But I doubt Borders will carry the HP boxset at all on either format.

[quote name='GizmoGC']But I doubt Borders will carry the HP boxset at all on either format.[/quote]

Mine has an insane amount of blu rays and hd dvds.. they have everything thats come out recently.. Plus mine has these huge ass cases for things like the harry potter set..

I wouldnt be surprised if they do though :)

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Mine has an insane amount of blu rays and hd dvds.. they have everything thats come out recently.. Plus mine has these huge ass cases for things like the harry potter set..

I wouldnt be surprised if they do though :)[/QUOTE]

All 3 Borders by my place has only carried a few HD DVD/BR movies...So I don't expect to find HP at them anytime soon. Hopefully the HD DVD set will show up in my Goldbox on Amazon for $97.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Here's the one I got. Came from WARNER HOME VIDEO.[/quote]
Well I have no e-mail like that so maybe I will get mine on time.

[quote name='jovherye']New code is DCBM.[/quote]

Thanks!

Unless Borders carries the giftset, and we get a scan of this supposed 25% coupon, this is the best deal I believe.

[quote name='jovherye']New code is DCBM.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I just ordered it again and am going to be stubborn this time. I don't care how long it takes. I ordered HP and Ocean's 11, 12, 13 gift set. I guess I can look forward to seeing this in March! :)

I have received three e-mails from Warner Home Video since I ordered the HP BR collection on 11-2. They all read as follows.

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we are sorry to inform you that there will be a delay in shipping the following back ordered item(s).

[FONT=&quot]QTY[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Item[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Harry Potter 1-5 Limited Edition Giftset (BD)
Blu-Ray
Price $83.21 (Savings $27.74) [/FONT]
We will ship within the next thirty (30) days. It is quite possible that we could ship earlier.
Be assured that your credit card has not been charged, as we have not shipped the product to you.
If you wish to cancel your order please contact our Customer Service Department at (800)364-6928, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 12:00 Midnight (EST), or send an email to [email protected].
Best regards,
WARNER HOME VIDEO Customer Service
As you can see, in the e-mail I was sent, I had to call in to cancel the order, not confirm it. Odd how they are sending out different e-mails like that. On the plus side, an 88 dollar pending charge showed up Firday on the credit card I used to purchase it. Hopefully I'll end up getting it this week.

Don't forget if you ordered from Amazon when they started with HD/Blu Ray you got the 10% of all High Def Discs till end of 07 - worked great for me - even stacked with B1G1 Free Sale recently - The set was $94.45 total (I chose free shipping naturally)

Just took a look at my Receipt online and it has a tracking number showing next day air. So it looks like I will have Potter on the 11th.

Ordered 9/30 and it looks like it will ship tomorrow w/ Next Day Air

Looking back at my emails I did get one that says call to cancel and then the last one that said call to confirm order, which I never did but it seems it went through fine.

[quote name='Santurio']Ordered 9/30 and it looks like it will ship tomorrow w/ Next Day Air

Looking back at my emails I did get one that says call to cancel and then the last one that said call to confirm order, which I never did but it seems it went through fine.[/quote]

I love how people's are shipping before mine, who ordered after mine..

I ordered Sept 23rd, and it still says In Process

[quote name='MrDubbs']I love how people's are shipping before mine, who ordered after mine..

I ordered Sept 23rd, and it still says In Process[/quote]

I placed my order on 9/18

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']why not wait for 2 more movies to come out to buy the Omega Set[/quote]

Because I cant, in all honesty the Potter movies were one of the main reasons for me to get the HD-DVD add on. Yet I bought them on Blu ray because of the uncompressed PCM and my PS3 can do that unlike my non HDMI XBOX.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I placed my order on 9/18[/quote]

I was referring to Santurio's, but it looks like mine shipped today

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']why not wait for 2 more movies to come out to buy the Omega Set[/quote]

That what I was wondering.

bread's done
Back