Has anyone ever got a videogame marked down at .01 before?

This only happened to me once a few years ago when I was working at Toys R US. I was unloading a truck and bringing a box of games to the R-Zone when one of my friends, who works on the register, was telling me that Breath of Fire III was ringing up at .01 She gave me a copy although I'm starting think it's a fluke and they were all supposed to be sent back to the manufactor.

I've only heard of pack-in games and demo discs dropping to that price since.

Hell yeah! I went in to the local Circuit City to get in on the .01 Tetris Worlds/Clone Wars deal cause it was sold out online. I was only going to get 2 copies...one for me and one for my friend when the cashier was such a bitch to me about it saying "Well its NOT for resale! It says so right on the box" to which I pointed out "Thats funny...it didn't seem to stop you from first putting a $99.99 price tag on it and then putting it on clearance with this $39.99 sticker) did it?" after many dirty looks and a couple of talks with the manager in the back (which I could overhere...and I heard the manager say "just let him get what he wants and then pull them off the shelf") I went back and got all 9 copies of it...and MORE dirty looks. God, I had such a big smile on my face when i hit the door as I felt the icy stares on my back. I still have that receipt to make me smile. 9 gamepacks....18 total xbox games.... .09 total ;)

Wish I was lucky like some of you guys with your .01 Star Wars/Tetris combos, but the cheapest game I got was Silent Hill 2 (non-GH) for $5 with a coupon.

I've gotten a couple NES, Virtual Boy, and Saturn games from TRU for a penny (and I'm not counting my couple of Tetris/Clone Wars that I got from CC)

I got Kakuto Chojin for 1 cent, because we were supposed to destroy it after it got recalled. Course, the game sucks, so who cares :)

Closest I ever got to a penny for a "next gen" game was Crazy Taxi: High Roller for Xbox - $3.32 at Circuit City during that big feeding frenzy.

Of course, I've picked up tons of old cartridge games for $0.99 or less over the years. Never a penny tho.

The best deal I ever got was when I walked into my BX and went directly to the clearance section. They had those games marked down 50 percent.

The games I picked up were Mortal Kombat and NBA Street for the Gamecube. They were both marked down to around $5 or $6, so I thought I was getting a good deal. But when the clerk rang them up, there was an extra 25 percent off on the games.

At that point, I was really happy. That brought the total down to like $7 or $8. Then she said if I filled out a survey, I could get an extra $5 off my purchase and apply it right then. Immediately, I filled it out and she rang it up. The total was like $3. So far, that is my crowning jewel in cheap assiness.

When I was a kid I remember the crash of 83. After that my parents would find me Atari 2600 games for between .49 and .99 all the time. Never .01 games though. But I did get some .01 guides.

At a FuncoLand, I asked how much the MvC 2 strategy guide was. The guy tells me "it's one cent, if you can find it." I figured they just didn't have it and he was messing with me. But then I found a copy. After waiting on line for ten minutes I handed him a penny. He refused to take it and just told me to take the guide and leave (not in a mean way, more like in a "I can't believe he just stood in line 10 minutes for that" way)

$0.01 for Jet Set Radio Future/Sega GT combo pack at Circuit City. The cashier was so nice, she paid the penny b/c I didn't have one. LOL, so it was a penny that employee paid for me to have.

I traded that game to EB 20 minutes later for $10.

[quote name='paean']$0.01 for Jet Set Radio Future/Sega GT combo pack at Circuit City. The cashier was so nice, she paid the penny b/c I didn't have one. LOL, so it was a penny that employee paid for me to have.

I traded that game to EB 20 minutes later for $10.[/quote] A great example of what being a CAG is all about. :lol:

For $00.01 I've gotten a ton of Old Stratagy Guides at an EB. This was about 7 years ago, but the best guide I got was a Final Fantasy III Guide. It was odd cause it read like a book. I've never seen the guide again, I wonder what happened to it.

I also got a MP X-Changer (Dex drive for PSX, N64 and GB) for $00.69

[quote name='jousley']Hell yeah! I went in to the local Circuit City to get in on the .01 Tetris Worlds/Clone Wars deal cause it was sold out online. I was only going to get 2 copies...one for me and one for my friend when the cashier was such a bitch to me about it saying "Well its NOT for resale! It says so right on the box" to which I pointed out "Thats funny...it didn't seem to stop you from first putting a $99.99 price tag on it and then putting it on clearance with this $39.99 sticker) did it?" after many dirty looks and a couple of talks with the manager in the back (which I could overhere...and I heard the manager say "just let him get what he wants and then pull them off the shelf") I went back and got all 9 copies of it...and MORE dirty looks. God, I had such a big smile on my face when i hit the door as I felt the icy stares on my back. I still have that receipt to make me smile. 9 gamepacks....18 total xbox games.... .09 total ;)[/quote]

SO YOU'RE THE GUY THAT CLEARS EM OUT! :wink:

I went to like 4 circuit cities looking for a copy or two of that and didn't find one. But I did find one copy of JSRF/Sega GT a few months back when CC was clearing that out.

How has CC been clearing them out? They were supposed to come with the XBOX. Right?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I also got a MP X-Changer (Dex drive for PSX, N64 and GB) for $00.69[/quote]

I got one of them cheap as well, but never have been able to get it to work. For some reason, the software crashes under XP, and I haven't found any update of it online.

I missed out on the .01 games :( My circuit city was giving them away with the 149.00 xbox purchases. So the only thing in the price range that I have picked up is the DBZ Budokai Guide with DVD at best buy. Thanks to Punqsux

I've lucked out not once, not twice, but thrice!

First I got in on the Clone Wars/Testris deal. I remember going to CC and there were seven left. I bought two. A week later, after I had publicly posted that there were some available at that CC, I went back to see the new weeks deals and decided to check if any were left. All five were still remaining, so I bought three more and left two. The next week those two were gone.

Then I also got in on the Sims Deluxe deal. Where if you buy Sims for $19.99 you get a $20 gift card. I ended up buying three. One for myself, one for my sister, and one for future gifts/trades. I ended up using the $20 gift card to get Dungeon Seige and MoH:AA. Since I would have bought those anyway, Basically I got three copies of the Sims Deluxe for a peny each. (CC charged $20.01 when I bought the sims.)

Finally, about a month after I posted the penny EA Gamers Pack deal at BB on CAG, I was in BB looking for PS2 games during their clearance. As a lark I decide to do a once over of the software isle not expecting anything. But low and behold, on the bottom shelf was one copy of the EA Gamers Pack. One that hadn't been there a month ago so it was obviously new stock. Only had one, but it rang up a penny. I still recall the astonishment of the cashier when this rang up for one cent and Dynsasty Tactics 2 was $9.99.

But I'm still pining for that copy of Fatal frame 2 for $9.99.

I found Kakuto Chojin at a newly opened EB after the game had been "recalled". It rang up as a penny, so I wanted to buy both copies they had. The cashier begged me to let him have the other copy, so I only bought one. Then he said he can't ring himself up, so asked if I would buy his copy for him. He paid for both with 2 pennies LOL. So I got it for free.

At Circuit City I got 4 copies of Sega GT / JSRF and 5 copies of Star Wars / Tetris Worlds for a penny each.

I've gotten a couple of $0.01 games at TRU, old Sega CD games IIRC. Like Double Switch and Power Rangers or something. They suck, but hey, $0.01 games you know.

Oh yeah, I did get some JSRF/Sega GT combos at CC for a penny each too...and promptly traded each one to EB for $10.

[quote name='tmoney'][quote name='jousley']Hell yeah! I went in to the local Circuit City to get in on the .01 Tetris Worlds/Clone Wars deal cause it was sold out online. I was only going to get 2 copies...one for me and one for my friend when the cashier was such a bitch to me about it saying "Well its NOT for resale! It says so right on the box" to which I pointed out "Thats funny...it didn't seem to stop you from first putting a $99.99 price tag on it and then putting it on clearance with this $39.99 sticker) did it?" after many dirty looks and a couple of talks with the manager in the back (which I could overhere...and I heard the manager say "just let him get what he wants and then pull them off the shelf") I went back and got all 9 copies of it...and MORE dirty looks. God, I had such a big smile on my face when i hit the door as I felt the icy stares on my back. I still have that receipt to make me smile. 9 gamepacks....18 total xbox games.... .09 total ;)[/quote]

SO YOU'RE THE GUY THAT CLEARS EM OUT! :wink:

I went to like 4 circuit cities looking for a copy or two of that and didn't find one. But I did find one copy of JSRF/Sega GT a few months back when CC was clearing that out.[/quote]

Well I would trade a sealed copy of Tetris Worlds/Star Wars for one of those Sega GT/ JGR Future combos. (PM me if anyone wants to) As for cleaning them out...I usually don't do that. I get the ones I want and sometimes an extra one to keep on a shelf unopened (I got problems). That time, the only reason I did that was that I HATE HATE HATED the way they were treating me in there. You would have thought that I was stealing the games straight out of that cashiers pocket. That was a "special" time there. I just wanted to get more dirty looks really. :) It worked :)

I got Zelda Ocarina of Time Disc (Wind Waker pre-order) for free at K-Mart. They said they couldn't charge me for it because it said not for resale. This was months after the Wind Waker was out so I guess they wanted to get rid of them. Never got a game for $0.01 before. I have picked up lots of accessories for $0.01 like the strategy guides, a GBA case and some other stuff

.01 games are essentially free-bees that come with something else. Stores use the price in order to determine stock quantities (can't do stock for something that has no price, hence they have to charge something). They aren't supposed to sell these items for this price however...often once promotions end the prices remain and they will part with these titles for shelf space.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']I got a Saturn for Free from Sears, 10 copies of Virtua Tennis and Shenmue for 99 cents.[/quote]

Care to explain how?

I dont know...a game? I don't think a GAME. Lots of other shits, most I've gotten was free games. That's just not as cool as saying I got it for a penny....

bread's done
Back