Has anyone purchased DVDs from BestBuy.com before?

Saucy Jack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Best Buy finally has a DVD that I've been wanting to get for a long time... on sale right now. I would just do an in-store pickup, but this title isn't carried at my store. Anyway, the price is probably the cheapest anywhere at the moment, and I'd like to buy this with my Best Buy giftcards.

So, has anyone bought a DVD from Best Buy's website before?

I once bought two seasons of the X-Files from them and one of them ended up being the French (canadian) version.

Don't know if this helps

[quote name='asaraa']I once bought two seasons of the X-Files from them and one of them ended up being the French (canadian) version.

Don't know if this helps[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking about going ahead and placing my order today. Hopefully it will ship out by tomorrow or so and beat the New Year's slowdown that happens with mail.

Does anyone know who they use to ship. The options are Ground, 2nd Day (which I'll probably pick), and Next Day. So, it's either UPS or FedEx.

I have a few years ago. I didn't have any trouble. Just check the availbilty on the links. If they say backordered you may not get the item. If it says "usually ships in 1 business day" you should get it pretty quickly.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I have a few years ago. I didn't have any trouble. Just check the availbilty on the links. If they say backordered you may not get the item. If it says "usually ships in 1 business day" you should get it pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's a "Usually Ships in 1 Business Day" item. Hmm... do you think if I order it within the hour that it might ship today or tomorrow? I'm probably going to pick 2nd Day and if possible, I'd like to have my stuff before the end of the year.

Sounds like it's safe to order from them, then. The only thing I'm wondering is whether they'll ship the DVD by tomorrow so I can get it before the New Year.

EDIT: Just noticed the "Estimate arrival time" link below the "Add to Cart." 2nd Day shows "12/29 - 01/02." That's good enough for me.

Thanks for all your help! You can lock this up if you'd like.

They're good about shipping DVDs. But, if you want cheap DVDs, you could also try Deep Discount DVD. Or DVDpricesearch.com.

[quote name='shieryda']They're good about shipping DVDs. But, if you want cheap DVDs, you could also try Deep Discount DVD. Or DVDpricesearch.com.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried DDD and DVDPriceSearch, and it seems like Best Buy actually has the best price on it right now.

Oh, didn't mention it before: The DVD in question is the Rushmore Criterion Collection DVD. It's part of a 20% off sale that Best Buy is doing right now on Buena Vista / Disney DVDs.

I was about to consider the 2nd day shipping and then I started playing the money game... "Hmm, next day is a few dollars more." Finally, I'm deciding to let the CAG in me reign supreme. I'm picking ground shipping. It's going to get here, anyway (just a few days later), so I might as well save $5-10 on my gift card and buy something else with that money. :D

[quote name='shieryda']I was actually just going to mention the Buena Vista dvd sale, but you obviously already knew about it.[/QUOTE]

I just happened to find it by chance. I was thinking about what to buy with my gift cards, and I remembered that I always wanted Rushmore, but it was really expensive. So, I decided to look it up on the Best Buy site, and I found it was part of the sale.

I just placed my order for it. Came out to a little over $31 with tax and shipping. Not bad. DVDPlanet had the best deal at $25.97 shipped according to DVDPriceSearch, with the next best deals being in the $31-32 range. So I got a pretty good deal, since it was on a gift card and I paid nothing, after all. :D

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I just happened to find it by chance. I was thinking about what to buy with my gift cards, and I remembered that I always wanted Rushmore, but it was really expensive. So, I decided to look it up on the Best Buy site, and I found it was part of the sale.

I just placed my order for it. Came out to a little over $31 with tax and shipping. Not bad. DVDPlanet had the best deal at $25.97 shipped according to DVDPriceSearch, with the next best deals being in the $31-32 range. So I got a pretty good deal, since it was on a gift card and I paid nothing, after all. :D[/QUOTE]

Did you use your Reward Zone card?

[quote name='shieryda']Did you use your Reward Zone card?[/QUOTE]

Sure did. I completely forgot about it until I got to the screen where it had the "Submit Order" button. To the left, there was an "Input Your Rewards Zone Membership ID" box. So I did. And now, I've just racked up some more points. :)

I pre-ordered SW: Ep III from Bestbuy.com like two days before the release date (Nov. 1) and it came in the mail I think November 5. Total with shipping was about $17, which beat the $35~ in-store price at the time. In conclusion, it works fine!

I ordered 24 S2 & S3 from them during the last BF sale, and I had one minor issue with the purchase.

The DVD sets were packed in a folded-over bubble-mailer, and the outer box of one suffered a little cosmetic damage. I complained to them and they refunded my shipping charges.

Just keep that in mind when they're on the way, that you're not going to get them in a box, most likely.

Best Buy is a very reputable store, I wouldn't really worry about it. If it gets fucked up in the mail I believe they'll let you return it B&M.

I ordered Nip/Tuck S1 a month or so ago, came in a box with no damage/problems.

The lamest thing about BB.com is that they don't really give you any shipping break for ordering multiple items.

Ordered some ps1 games from them and the jewel cases were cracked pretty bad. They overcharge you on shipping and send you the items in a bubblewrap. My GBA boxes were crushed. I would be careful if you order something fragile from them.

bread's done
Back