Has it been released yet how LIMITED the Legendary version of Halo 3 will be?

Zombieslayer240

CAGiversary!
I had mine pre-ordered a few weeks ago, and I am going to assume that many other people already pre-ordered theirs before me. Has there been word yet on how many copies of the legendary version of Halo 3 there will be? If not, anybody have any estimates?

EDIT: Props to CAG 79 and his link to Walmart.com that has new pics of the Legendary Edition:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5515989

EDIT: I checked the GS near me yesterday and they said they have over 250 pre-orders! :hot:

[quote name='Corvin']at $100 a pop, I bet it is limited to as many as they can sell.[/quote]

Yes, but the fact that Halo 3 will sell like a firecracker hides it alot.

[quote name='Corvin']at $100 a pop, I bet it is limited to as many as they can sell.[/quote]

Sadly, I will probably end up with that at some point. Not sure if it'll be launch or when it hits rock bottom; hopefully the latter.

[quote name='6669']I have the Halo 2 LE, and it wasn't worth the extra $5 or $10 at all.[/quote]

Yeah, I still regret buying that, so that may ultimately drive me away from the Legendary version of Halo 3, atleast from the start. I may end up purchasing this and just keeping it sealed for a while. That or just EBay around Christmas time next year.

Halo is one of the most popular franchises ever. They will mass produce hundred of thousands of those if not millions. I say a year or two after release they will be like the RE4 chainsaw controller. It sits in retail stores for $50 but yet no one buys it. Ever time you go into a store your going to say to yourself. Damned Master Chief head every where I go.

[quote name='greydemise']i got my LE for halo 2 ..for...$41 shipped off overstock waaay back when at launch[/QUOTE]

I remember I got mine from MTV.com because they had $10 off $50 + 10% off. I ended up getting it for $38 thanks to this site. Turns out Halo 2 makes me sick. Because of the constant texture loading. So I beat the story mode, and for the better never played it online.

[quote name='CitizenB']Halo is one of the most popular franchises ever. They will mass produce hundred of thousands of those if not millions. I say a year or two after release they will be like the RE4 chainsaw controller. It sits in retail stores for $50 but yet no one buys it. Ever time you go into a store your going to say to yourself. Damned Master Chief head every where I go.[/quote]
Or it could be like the Gamecube chainsaw which is worth about $50 and hasnt been anywhere for a long time.

The PS2 one is everywhere though.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Or it could be like the Gamecube chainsaw which is worth about $50 and hasnt been anywhere for a long time.

The PS2 one is everywhere though.[/QUOTE]

I meant the PS2 one. The gamecube one moved alright. Then it sit for a while until every store marked down it then it sold like crazy. But the PS2 doesn't move. Everyone has the GCN one, so no need for the PS2 version.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I still think "Ghostbusters!" every time I see the stand that holds the games.[/quote]

Took the thoughts right out of my head.

I also think that it won't be "limited" there will be a ton of these out there just like with the Halo 2 "limited edition"

May or not make a difference, but Best Buy recently took the pre order for the legendary version off it's website, maybe they filled their quota? Or it could just be for the initial online release purchase.

[quote name='prot0type']May or not make a difference, but Best Buy recently took the pre order for the legendary version off it's website, maybe they filled their quota? Or it could just be for the initial online release purchase.[/QUOTE]

I know that my local Gamestop said that they already had 200 reservations for the legendary version. For something that is so far away from launching, I am sure they will probably take preorders for a little while longer.

[quote name='Sancho1978']I know that my local Gamestop said that they already had 200 reservations for the legendary version. For something that is so far away from launching, I am sure they will probably take preorders for a little while longer.[/QUOTE]

After your post I decided to ask at the GS near me; they do not know how many they are going to get, but until they get told otherwise they are still going to sell pre-orders at 25 bux. They also said they have over 250 already!

I'm not paying full price for it. It's going to be the regular edition for me, because I'm sure they'll make tons of the Legendary edition, as they did with the Collector's Edition of Halo 2.

bread's done
Back