Hastings to have up to 75% off clearance games.

Nate512

CAGiversary!
Im about to head out to Hastings to see what games are inlcuded in this sale and how the prices are looking. People with local Hastings stores, if you can when you check try to make a list of what you find and such.

Heres the ad stating the sale.

000661610-7-07-FSI-front-online.jpg

I went over to hastings to see what they had, I managed to walk away with

:psp:Dynasty warriors $4.99
:psp:PopLoCrois $4.99

I also took some shots with my phone so you have an idea whats on sale ALL Clearance games are $4.99 NEW, The guy told me that he only put out that much so far, he has a list he has to go through and pull all the games out, so i will check later tonight or tommorrow.

Among some of the Handheld all $4.99
:gba:
Konami Krazy Racers
NBA Jam 2002
All Star Baseball 2002
Jet Grind Radio
ESPN Hockey
Britney's Dance Beat
:ds:
Dig Dug
Drill Dozer
Superman Returns
Lunar Dragon Song
Mother Turckers
:psp:
PoPoLocrois
Dynasty Warriors
DarkStalkers
MLB The Show 06

Consoles All $4.99
:xbox:
Yager
The Great Escape
Breakdown
Aeon Flux
Batman Begins
Spyhunter
Dead to Right II
Chicago enforcer
Quantum Redshift
American Mcgee Scrapland
NFL Head Coach
ESPN NFL Primetime 02
Project Snowblind
Arena Football
King of Fighters
New Legends
Aquaman
Blowout
Tron 2.0
The Davinci Code
Dead to Rights
Jaws
187 Ride or Die
Outlaw Volleyball

:ps2:
Triggerman
Minority Report
NCAA 06 March Madness
Under the Skin
Narc
Dead to right 2
Judge Dredd
Dark Summit
EOE:Eve of Extinction
Project Snowblind
College Hoops 2k6
Smugglers Run
Street Hoops
Mission Impossible
Death By Degrees
Ridge Racer Rev
Airborne Troopers
Catwoman
The great escape
Batman begins
Arena Football

1007071117.jpg

1007071118.jpg

1007071118a.jpg

1007071118b.jpg

1007071118c.jpg

1007071118d.jpg

The Hastings near where I live only had a few games listed at $4.99 -- mostly sports games and stuff like Aeon Flux & Bloodrayne. The X-Box games from what I remembered had a ton of $4.99 games but nothing really sticking out.

I did pick up Super Mario Strikers for $15 yesterday so that's pretty amazing. Also, I saw X-Box 360 sports games for $15 or $20 in clearance (mostly FIFA/World Cup).

[quote name='gorgo']I checked it out, saw a few from that list, not most of them (Denton, TX).

Got some good books, though : )[/quote]

I just hit the Denton store too..... and boy did their selection suck! All the stuff in their bin was stuff that's already been sitting in there for weeks.... and none of it is any good. I can only hope that maybe their employees just hadn't moved anything in there yet b/c they are completely clueless. Either that, or they're just advertising prices that have been in effect for a while already. I swear, their prices are so incredibly weird..... 5-year-old last-gen games still selling for $40 - $50, but then the occasional $5 or $10 gem.... they are so clueless when it comes to games.

I diddn't see any from that list other then Catwoman. They had a whole slew earlier madden games starting from about 2004.

[quote name='mkernan']I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Trauma Center has a $20 MIR, so in the end, it'd be $30. I think.[/quote]
Thanks for the info. I wish it was a $30 refund for TC though.

I just got back from my local Hastings and didn't have any luck. I saw the 75% off clearance games sign sitting on a counter, but didn't see any bins. I asked an employee if they had a list or anything with the clearance games, but he just told me to check any games that had multiple stickers on them and the word "markdown" below the price and those would be the clearance games. Most of the ones I found were the ones that were previously listed. I also found Rallisport 2 with "Markdown" at the bottom of the sticker, but sadly it's not 360 BC. Oh well.....

On a seperate note, I read the posts about the $30 rebate available on certain games. I don't know if others have had the same problem, but I've had real problems twice now getting their rebates even though I've sent in all required items. Just thought I'd give a heads-up on that....

[quote name='maccabee72']I just got back from my local Hastings and didn't have any luck. I saw the 75% off clearance games sign sitting on a counter, but didn't see any bins. I asked an employee if they had a list or anything with the clearance games, but he just told me to check any games that had multiple stickers on them and the word "markdown" below the price and those would be the clearance games. Most of the ones I found were the ones that were previously listed. I also found Rallisport 2 with "Markdown" at the bottom of the sticker, but sadly it's not 360 BC. Oh well.....
[/quote]

Same here...although the Hastings I went had the clearance bins and I saw several of the games with those stickers, but that was it. Most of the ones were like the ones that Nate512 had pictures of, but most of the prices were in the $9.99 price range. The ones listed at $4.99 were the ones I mentioned earlier.

It would be nice if they could throw some of the PS2 games (like Ys and Stella Deus) into the bins....

Hastings prices YMMV?

I went to my hastings and it was really sucking, i found lunar for DS behind a glass shelve and it came at 19.99, and the "up to 75%" games were priced as marked, funny thing is, when they priced check the games the prices were coming as printed on the sticker, but when i actually paid for one on another cash register, the employee manually typed the price.

Weird overall..

[quote name='Coper3000']Just got back and scored Frantix, Darkstalkers and Viewtiful Joe for 4.99 each. The funny thing is the games were still sealed.[/quote]

The clearance is on new games. The wording of the paper is wrong, I think.

Either that, or this isn't the actual clearance at all. I've picked up Yager, Tenchu, some World War 2 stupid game, Sudeki, and a few others.. i'm not done though, i'll be going back soon to get more.

Picked up more than a few games:

Mario Golf for GBA: 5 bucks
Resident Evil 4 PS2: 10 bucks
Final Fantasy X-2: 9 bucks
Final Fantasy X new: 15 bucks
Marvel Alliance PS2: 10 bucks
Devil May Cry 2: 10 bucks
Shadow of the Colossus: 10 bucks
Ridge Racer 6 for 360: 10 bucks

There were a bunch more but my gaming budget won't allow it. Saw a lot of othe games but I went to two Hastings to get the best deal.

I picked up Wipeout Pure for the PSP for $4.99. Rest were slim pickings at the Hastings in M'boro, TN.

[quote name='Kosh']I picked up Wipeout Pure for the PSP for $4.99. Rest were slim pickings at the Hastings in M'boro, TN.[/quote]

I would have to agree. There was nothing even worth my time for going up there.

[quote name='magnawiz']This store called Hastings. Wow. It must be heaven. And heaven is too far away from California :([/quote]Everytime someone posts a deal about Hastings, there's always posts of people lamenting that there isn't one near them and how great they sound. I've now been to two and they both stink.

But thanks Nate for the OP and the pics/listing of games.

[quote name='guinaevere']Everytime someone posts a deal about Hastings, there's always posts of people lamenting that there isn't one near them and how great they sound. I've now been to two and they both stink.

But thanks Nate for the OP and the pics/listing of games.[/quote]

It all depends on what store you go to.

[quote name='Agent_BBJ']It all depends on what store you go to.[/quote]

Very true. This sale was kind of a bust for me, but I have scored some really sweet deals at my local Hastings over the years. Also, if you keep up with playhastings.com, nice coupon deals tend to pop-up from time to time there. I'll admit that their general pricing and organization usually suck, but I always find good deals there on games, books, dvds, and cds.

I went back today and got a real cool salesperson who pulled up all the clearance games on the computer. He said they aren't marked at all and are mixed in with all other games, but he let me scroll through the computer for a few minutes. There must have been at least a hundred games on clearance but not all in stock. I mainly was looking for 360 and DS. I picked up College Hoops and Over the Hedge for 4.99. I remember seeing Table Tennis also for 4.99. There were a bunch of GC, PS2, Xbox for 2.49 also. So YMMV but try to get some help makes it much easier.

[quote name='pun123']I went back today and got a real cool salesperson who pulled up all the clearance games on the computer. He said they aren't marked at all and are mixed in with all other games, but he let me scroll through the computer for a few minutes. There must have been at least a hundred games on clearance but not all in stock. I mainly was looking for 360 and DS. I picked up College Hoops and Over the Hedge for 4.99. I remember seeing Table Tennis also for 4.99. There were a bunch of GC, PS2, Xbox for 2.49 also. So YMMV but try to get some help makes it much easier.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I stopped back in my local Hastings and picked up Table Tennis today. My Hastings had it for $9.99 instead of $4.99, but I couldn't pass it up for that price:D

I couldn't find a trade thread, but if anyone finds these 4.99 games please PM me for a trade:

GBA
Jet Grind Radio

Xbox
Breakdown
Project Snowblind
Tron 2.0

CML or I can paypal.

I went back there last night, and found some more games they thrown into the basket but none i wanted. They also marked alot of those original 4.99 games down to $2.49 !!

I picked up,

Death By Degrees
MDK2:Armogeddon

I couldn't pass up that deal. :lol:

i went to a hastings the other day to check on this and the employees had no idea what the clearance games were, so they just let me pick out any used game i want and gave me 50% off... i got Stranglehold and Far Cry for 360 for $40 total.

[quote name='Nate512']games down to $2.49 !!

Death By Degrees
[/quote]For 2.49 Death by Degrees is a good deal. It's not a great game by any stretch, but it's fun. Enjoy breaking many, many bones.

found way too many cheap deals to pass up.

xbox
Breakdown 4.99
Brute Force 4.99
Quantum Redshift 2.50
I Ninja 2.50
Vexx 2.50
Second Sight 2.50
Amped 2.50
Rallisport challenge 2 2.50

Table Tennis 4.99

PS2
Smugglers Run 2.50

I dunno if it's YMMV, but my Hastings (M'Boro TN) knocked all the $4.99 PS2/XB stuff down to $2.49.

I picked up crap I would've never gotten otherwise to flesh out my XBox collection: Yager, WW2 Combat Road to somethingorother, Tenchu, Sudeki, Chicago Enforcer, Terminator: Dawn of Fate, The Great Escape, Outlaw Tennis, and Kung Fu Chaos (On PC - was 4.99, down from 9.99)

Dark Summit for GameCube was marked $2.49.

Was thinking about it but decided against it....

Mr. Driller for DS was still $10

I'm not sure if this was just left over from this deal, but I went in to my local Hastings today and they had a bunch of games marked $2.49.

I picked up these games for the Xbox: Freedom Fighters, SSX3, Mafia, Rallisport 2, and Syberia II.

There were probably atleast 20 other xbox titles with $2.49 tags including Breakdown, Tron 2.0, NHL 2007, Midway Arcade Treasures, and a bunch more.

The selection for the PS2 and Gamecube wasn't very good, but there were some $2.49 titles for both of those systems as well.

bread's done
Back