Hastings trade 3 games get extra $25 credit

bigdady

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Didn't see this on the site so i thought i would post. Hastings is giving an extra 25 credit if you trade in three games or 10 for two. I just traded in some crappy sports games and guitar hero and got the credit. Also you have to mention it during the trade in its not automatically added to the gift card they add it after. They told me at first you needed a coupon but there isn't one. No min value cause one of mine was 75 cents and no just make sure you ask about it or the cashier wont add it on. No it not in the ad its on their Facebook but little details given in store only.

My trades where tiger woods 06, perfect dark and rayman origins.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way to know what the individual TIVs are is to lean over the counter and watch the computer screen as they're being scanned in. As soon as they move onto the next game the TIV from the prior one is no longer shown, and as mentioned, it doesn't show individual values on the receipt.

That being said, the only one I can recall is Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and I can tell you it was $10, and qualified with the 3 for $25 deal.

[quote name='Maskim']The only way to know what the individual TIVs are is to lean over the counter and watch the computer screen as they're being scanned in. As soon as they move onto the next game the TIV from the prior one is no longer shown, and as mentioned, it doesn't show individual values on the receipt.

That being said, the only one I can recall is Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and I can tell you it was $10, and qualified with the 3 for $25 deal.[/QUOTE]

It also varies store to store based on quantity currently in stock, so there's no point in posting values unless they're advertised on in-store flyers.

My Hastings is telling me I can only get the $25 promo once per transaction. Guess I'll be making a bunch of trips with groups of 3. The hardest part is finding things to transfer credit away from hastings (their used prices are pretty ridiculous on a lot of things).

[quote name='Warner1281']My Hastings is telling me I can only get the $25 promo once per transaction. Guess I'll be making a bunch of trips with groups of 3. The hardest part is finding things to transfer credit away from hastings (their used prices are pretty ridiculous on a lot of things).[/QUOTE]

They told me that on the phone. I went anyways and they gave me promotion for each 3 (had 6) without even having me ask for it.

Skimmed through my backlog for games I could get ~$5 later and managed to trade in these games:

:360:
Assassin's Creed
Def Jam Rapstar
Tomb Raider Legend
Chronicles of Riddick
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Crackdown
Saints Row

:ps3:
Michael Jackson the Experience

:wii:
Harvey Birdman
Trauma Center Second Opinion
Madworld
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 (Oddly marked as Path of Ninja 2 on the receipt)

The woman said it was only once per visit, but understood that I didn't want to drive here everyday to trade in 3 games at a time so she gave it to me. Awesome service. Gotta look through my backlog more closely to see what I can let go.

Brought in 7 games, they only took 4 of them due to 2 others with "Not for Resale" on the packaging. I was hoping to finally rid of Guitar Hero III, but that screwed me out of that. Anyone want it for the price of shipping? haha

Traded in:

:360: Duke Nukem Forever
:360: Stoked
:360: Rainbow Six Vegas
:360: Lost Planet (Collector's Edition)

They wouldn't take :360: Marvel Ultimate Alliance .. I don't blame them, really.

I should have kept one of those games, since I came across 2 others I want to bring in later today or tomorrow. Maybe I'll just nab a cheap game at GameStop to toss in there.

[quote name='Maskim']YMMV on it, but I've done three buy backs for the extra $25 at each of the 3 Hastings stores in town, here, and at each one I've traded in games that were not 360, ps3, or wii, and it hasn't been an issue. The ad says it has to be one of those systems, and the coupon they scan at the register says that too, but it doesn't check. They scan in the code for the extra $25 after they've already finished the transaction, as a second transaction.

So, unless you get the one guy who's a huge stickler for the rules, it shouldn't be a problem to trade in ds, 3ds, psp, or ps2 games for the bonus.[/QUOTE]

Spoke with store manager at Clarksville, TN. store and he said it had to be 3 systems listed and rare that most stores will allow portable system titles due to most aren't even aware of promo. Promo is also on back of the advert book at most entrances and looks like this:

photo-1.jpg

*Note: Feel free to post this in OP*

Also promo can only be done once a day, so if you trade in 6 games on one visit you'll only get $25 Bonus. Traded in:

Bioshock (original release version)

Kidz Sportz Basketball; shocked they took this 4th party title
SSX

Like Maskim stated the promo takes two transactions. First is your initial trade-in credit and then the second where they have to ring you up for a $25 Giftcard, but scan a barcode in their promo binder so you get credit for free added to original giftcard. Here are the steps taken if you need to explain it to cashier:

- Place trade-in amount from scanned titles on a gift card and finalize transaction.
- Take a new gift card and scan the barcode
- Enter $25 and then scan/enter promo barcode
- Scan gift card with trade-in credit on it

Hoping to clean out some old titles collecting dust. Promo comes just in time to start saving credit for this falls blockbusters. Thanks for the heads up OP.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Day two "buy backs":

:360: Frontlines (at GS for like $3)
:360: Splinter Cell Conviction
:ps3: Dragon Age Origins

Total: $36.50

Day three (tomorrow) I'll bring in the following:
:360: Dead Rising
:360: Prince of Persia
:360: Army of Two

Woot!

I'm surprised this thread isn't getting hit up more.

Overall I've traded in only 3 games (can't find any more to trade in - pretty limited backlog PS3 wise):

:ps3: Toy Story 3
:ps3: Dragon Age Origins
:ps3: RAGE

Received $39.xx after the $25 bump. Not too bad. Much better than what I would have received had I tried and sold them on Amazon.

My B&M Hastings has a history of looking for any reason not to honor a deal. I'm glad some of you are having more luck.

I've traded in 6 games the past 2 days, just 5 older sports titles and Green Day Rockband (which traded in for $.01) for $59, which seems pretty great.

Now to clear out games from my backlog to convince my family that I am not a video game hoarder, and then spend the credit on a PS Vita and more games.

[quote name='JadeNic']I've traded in 6 games the past 2 days, just 5 older sports titles and Green Day Rockband (which traded in for $.01) for $59, which seems pretty great.

Now to clear out games from my backlog to convince my family that I am not a video game hoarder, and then spend the credit on a PS Vita and more games.[/QUOTE]
Congrats on getting that Green Day Rockband through. If it shows up as 1 cent, it's an item they don't accept, so I'm assuming you got a newer employee who was unaware of that.

From what I can tell, they can't zero it out without removing it from their system, so they just penny the buy back value until they get rid of them all.

[quote name='mrclutch']Does hastings sell itune cards or MS cards? Not sure what to do with the credit if I do the deal.[/QUOTE]
I don't use itunes, so I haven't checked for those, but I have seen MS cards and psn cards (I assume they have the itunes cards too) along with all the other standard gift cards on the spindles near the check out.

[quote name='Maskim']Congrats on getting that Green Day Rockband through. If it shows up as 1 cent, it's an item they don't accept, so I'm assuming you got a newer employee who was unaware of that.

From what I can tell, they can't zero it out without removing it from their system, so they just penny the buy back value until they get rid of them all.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that. Now I feel a little bad.

[quote name='mrclutch']Does hastings sell itune cards or MS cards? Not sure what to do with the credit if I do the deal.[/QUOTE]

They sell both.

[quote name='JadeNic']I didn't know that. Now I feel a little bad.

[/QUOTE]
No reason to feel bad. It's not like you were aware, and it's not like they have that posted anywhere. I'm of the opinion that if their system says they're buying it, even if for only a penny, that they should honor it and buy it. :) That would make a lot of Madden 2k6 copies getting traded in, right now, though.

Brought in the games I said in earlier post. Got 33.50 on a gift card.

GameStop has some flippable games listed for sale at like $2-$5 per game. If I wasn't a complete douche I would've done a lot more trades/flips, but I like Hastings so I won't abuse the system too horribly. 2 legit trades and 1 flip transaction is good enough for me.

Made another run today:

Michael Jackson
Duke Nukem Forever

de Blob 2

The total for the 3 was $8.75 plus some unknown $4 bonus. Then they added the extra $25 for the deal. So I got $37.75, which is amazing compared to Gamestop.

[quote name='kulaguy']

The total for the 3 was $8.75 plus some unknown $4 bonus.[/QUOTE]
The bonus is for taking credit. If you had wanted cash it would have been 8.75, but for opting for store credit, you got the extra 4, then the extra 25.

Man, this deal is so great. If only I had a Hastings within five or six states of me :p

Love reading the thread and seeing people making out well. I know between Target's previous Trade in 2 and get $20 off and the current GS 7/$35 I cleared out so much space and got some extra credit for new stuff! Granted the Hasting deal blows those other two out of the water, but I can't get in on it so I'm happy to see others who can.

[quote name='Kaijuboy']How long is this promo running for?

.[/QUOTE]

Wording is kind of vague, but it seems like it's running until the end of the month.

This promo is definitely helping to build up BB credit. Just wish the online promo prices were in store as well. Would make this process a LOT faster.

[quote name='Warner1281']Wording is kind of vague, but it seems like it's running until the end of the month.

This promo is definitely helping to build up BB credit. Just wish the online promo prices were in store as well. Would make this process a LOT faster.[/QUOTE]

I assume it's just the weekly ad, but if its extended until the end of the month I may bring a few more games by to make up for me having to sell Max Payne 3.

[quote name='HydroX']I assume it's just the weekly ad, but if its extended until the end of the month I may bring a few more games by to make up for me having to sell Max Payne 3.[/QUOTE]

As posted on the Hastings facebook page on May 25th:

"It's GAME TIME at Hastings!
This is a month-long celebration for the gamer in you. During Game Time, sell us your used Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 Video Games and earn more! Sell us 2 games and receive an additional $10 credit Sell us 3 games and receive an additional $25 credit Up to 50% off on select titles through the end of June everyone. All month long we will have sales on the hottest games, gaming accessories, special coupons, offers and more.
Here are some of the games that will be on sale from 5/27-6/30: Battlefield Bad Company $9.99 Army of Two 40th Day $9.99 Dantes Inferno $9.99 Crysis 2 $9.99. This is an in store offer only."

I think that means it's supposed to run through 6/30.

[quote name='Warner1281']As posted on the Hastings facebook page on May 25th:

"It's GAME TIME at Hastings!
This is a month-long celebration for the gamer in you. During Game Time, sell us your used Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 Video Games and earn more! Sell us 2 games and receive an additional $10 credit Sell us 3 games and receive an additional $25 credit Up to 50% off on select titles through the end of June everyone. All month long we will have sales on the hottest games, gaming accessories, special coupons, offers and more.
Here are some of the games that will be on sale from 5/27-6/30: Battlefield Bad Company $9.99 Army of Two 40th Day $9.99 Dantes Inferno $9.99 Crysis 2 $9.99. This is an in store offer only."

I think that means it's supposed to run through 6/30.[/QUOTE]

Good catch. Might help if I actually read the damn thing and not stare at the pictures and big text. Haha. Thanks.

I was going to go trade
Star Wars TFU 360
Fallout New Vegas PS3
Homefront 360
to see if these 3 would work but the stupid store wasn't open when they said it was suppose to be. Several employees were just standing around outside and couldn't get in. I think the manager must have been late. Oh well.
I might also do
BF 2
Gears 2 another
Fallout NV if they get the store open a couple days in a row.

I'm hoping each trade will be enough for about 3200 in MS point since their game prices arent that good in general.

[quote name='mrclutch']I was going to go trade
Star Wars TFU 360
Fallout New Vegas PS3
Homefront 360
to see if these 3 would work but the stupid store wasn't open when they said it was suppose to be. Several employees were just standing around outside and couldn't get in. I think the manager must have been late. Oh well.
I might also do
BF 2
Gears 2 another
Fallout NV if they get the store open a couple days in a row.

I'm hoping each trade will be enough for about 3200 in MS point since their game prices arent that good in general.[/QUOTE]

Don't know the exact value, but F:NV traded for a pretty low amount when I traded it the other day (prob about $1). Don't know about the others. Lookin to trade in Gears later today, so we'll see if that gets anything.

Traded Fallout NV Homefront an SW TFU for like 32 total. If someone is able to trade Gears 2 please post if you don't mind so I can plan my next trade.

Have done 2 trades so far. My second was

- Fable 2
- Table Tennis
- Quake Wars

Went today and had to leave without trading in due to Dark Sector is not accepted. Guessing it is $.01 like Greenday Rockband. Up to a little over $60 and hoping to get close to $300 for 360 Slim.

I'm here in Texas, I traded dark sector Xbox 360, Ravi rabbits, and a monster truck game both for the wii. I got $31.75.

Traded in Bulletstorm,Frontlines: Fuel of War, and Bioshock. I got $6.00 plus $3.00 bonus, and the $25.00 for a total of $34.00. Pretty good for games I haven't touched in at least a year and a half.

Traded these in over the past couple of days:

Condemned: Bloodshot (or whatever, who cares! It qualified.)
Stoked
Dead Rising (PH)
Frontlines: Fuel of War

Prince of Persia
Genji: Days of the Blade

They rejected :360: Dark Sector. Guy in front of me had a running gift card of over $200 in video game trades by doing 3 at a time. I guess I don't feel so bad now.

I've traded in 15 or 18 games so far. Only things that have been rejected were Rock Band (PS3) and Sneak King (X360). No real money makers... just a dollar or two for each. Loving this promo though! :lol:

Stopped in today for a double shot (my fiance came along, what a trooper) but someone had just brought in 5 boxes of movies so they told me it'd be 2-3 hours before they got to us. Oy vey. I guess I'll wait til tomorrow. haha

[quote name='mrclutch']Has anyone tried to trade in ghost recon or ghost recon 2? 360 btw.[/QUOTE]

It's on my to do list but at the very bottom. My GameStop loves me because I've been clearing out my local area stores supply of cheap games.

Hastings employees are starting to know me by name. Not sure if that's a good thing.....

Last night I made a special trip to trade some games in. They accepted both :360: and :ps3: Timeshift. :360: Army of Two was my third game. The values on these were extremely low in comparison to others so I only ended up with like $29 with both bonuses.

To date, I have traded in 33 games (11 sets) for a grand total of $370.XX in credit.
Which I turned around and bought 3 portal guns for $450 ($80 out of pocket)
Which I turned around and sold on ebay for just over $1000 total.

Hastings, I salute you! :) You win my retailer of the year award! :D

[quote name='Kaijuboy']To date, I have traded in 33 games (11 sets) for a grand total of $370.XX in credit.
Which I turned around and bought 3 portal guns for $450 ($80 out of pocket)
Which I turned around and sold on ebay for just over $1000 total.

Hastings, I salute you! :) You win my retailer of the year award! :D

.[/QUOTE]

Hasting's carries the Portal Guns?

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Anybody tried Kinect Adventures? Looks like it's only $0.99 at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

One store took it earlier in the month when the deal first started. The next store denied it and treated it like a Not For Resale game since the packaging for it has no UPC for them to scan. So it's a gamble. Same issue with the Guitar Hero games.

On my wat to trade Fable 2, Fallout NV, and Tom Clancey's End Game or whatever it's called. Hoping for about 30 bucks for games I paid (with credit) 7 for. Pretty sure the all will work. If one doesn't I'll post back.

Have any of you had any issues trading in more than 3 games at a time? It's not an issue if I have to limit it to 3 per visit (I live relatively close to a hastings), but I'd prefer to offload at least 6 per visit.

I've only traded in 3 games up until this point in time.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Have any of you had any issues trading in more than 3 games at a time? It's not an issue if I have to limit it to 3 per visit (I live relatively close to a hastings), but I'd prefer to offload at least 6 per visit.

I've only traded in 3 games up until this point in time.[/QUOTE]

I tried trading in 6 with two different people and they said the promotion "limitations" were 1 promo credit per person, per day. Might just be that store being a stickler for the rules, though.

[quote name='HydroX']I tried trading in 6 with two different people and they said the promotion "limitations" were 1 promo credit per person, per day. Might just be that store being a stickler for the rules, though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I need to exploit the (4) Hastings stores in my area!
I'm out from the target deal. Any good flips from GS or BB?

Stopped in at Gamestop to look for cheap games and picked up the standard version of Perfect Dark Zero. When I checked out, the cashier pulled the steel book limited edition out of a drawer and gave it to me instead. In any other instance I would have been ecstatic about being bumped up to this, but now I'm thinking that Hastings may not even take it for trade in. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

My GS had slim pickings and PDZ was the only game I picked up. Ended up stopping at a local pawn stop and finding some relatively cheap games that I ended up trading in.

Today I traded in at Hastings:

- Condemned Criminal Origins
- Army of Two
- Clive Barkers Jericho

I ended up receiving exactly $29 for those 3 games after the bump.

Will try to find some more games to trade in along with PDZ.

bread's done
Back