Hastings trade 3 games get extra $25 credit

bigdady

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Didn't see this on the site so i thought i would post. Hastings is giving an extra 25 credit if you trade in three games or 10 for two. I just traded in some crappy sports games and guitar hero and got the credit. Also you have to mention it during the trade in its not automatically added to the gift card they add it after. They told me at first you needed a coupon but there isn't one. No min value cause one of mine was 75 cents and no just make sure you ask about it or the cashier wont add it on. No it not in the ad its on their Facebook but little details given in store only.

My trades where tiger woods 06, perfect dark and rayman origins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in a couple games w/out instruction manuals. I'm not sure about whether they would need the actual case though. All the games I've traded in so far have included the original case and cover art insert.

Yes, Hastings almost always requires a case and cover art, manuals are YMMV. I got a cool employee today that allowed me to 'double dip' on the promo.

He first started to argue that it was a one set/day deal, so I said I would only trade in 3 games (I brought in 7 total: two sets of 3, then an 'alternate' if one couldn't/wouldn't be accepted to some reason). After hearing my logic, he looked over the paperwork, and decided that there really wasn't anything mentioning not being able to do two sets, and gave me the double bonus.

$65 for 7 games I would have had a hard time selling at a yard sale for $3-5/each. I'm definitely going to have to go in tomorrow and do at least one more set, and possibly get my friend to do one, as well. I've got so many 'filler' games that I keep around, I would happily take $8-9 in Hastings credit for each of them, especially if I can find some Portal guns.

HydroX, can I ask specifically what part of the store you found them in? Were they with the video games, or over in another section?

not sure where to post this, because the hastings thread seems only to be for people ordering online. The add this week has an awesome package bundle $299 for a 320gb xbox, 2 free used games, a controller and some headphone gamer package. '

My deal today I bought one and tried to see if a used collecter's edition-type game would work and it did!

My store only had a Halo Reach legendary-----but guessing if there are others out there that are used it would work too....so maybe some of you might have a used Skyrim, or something else out there---worth a look.

I picked up a special edition silver controller and it went as part of the package too. $65 vs the $50 regular wireless one.

So my math for this deal adding in the variable how much I think its worth

Xbox bundle $299----->$200 ish
Controller $65---->not sure but trade in at gamestop is about $15..could at least upgrade your current controller and trade in your old one? $15
2 Used games---->$72 dollars if you could find good games Ghost Recon, MW3 etc---but if you had a cool used collector's ed?!! Who knows?
Extra headset package--->$5 + a $4 HDMI at GS

Worth a thought at least

all in all better than I expected---but my real question is how many CAG'rs are there with a B&M Hastings? Should we start a seperate thread for B&M stores so things don't get lost in the regular Hastings thread?

$299 and walk out with at least $299+ CAG credit if you know what I mean

I know there is at least one CAGer out there that had $200+ in Hastings cred that might try this out

[quote name='sgaldis']Yes, Hastings almost always requires a case and cover art, manuals are YMMV. I got a cool employee today that allowed me to 'double dip' on the promo.

He first started to argue that it was a one set/day deal, so I said I would only trade in 3 games (I brought in 7 total: two sets of 3, then an 'alternate' if one couldn't/wouldn't be accepted to some reason). After hearing my logic, he looked over the paperwork, and decided that there really wasn't anything mentioning not being able to do two sets, and gave me the double bonus.

$65 for 7 games I would have had a hard time selling at a yard sale for $3-5/each. I'm definitely going to have to go in tomorrow and do at least one more set, and possibly get my friend to do one, as well. I've got so many 'filler' games that I keep around, I would happily take $8-9 in Hastings credit for each of them, especially if I can find some Portal guns.

HydroX, can I ask specifically what part of the store you found them in? Were they with the video games, or over in another section?[/QUOTE]

It wasn't me that found them, but 3 of my local-ish stores (within 2 hours driving) said they sold out of Portal guns about 2 weeks ago. It's probably long gone as they are fairly popular items, but I'd check by the gaming and action figures/replica/props sections.

I *did* come across a Sega Saturn in it's original box for $49.99 that I may go pick up. Pretty sure it's a trade in that just never sold but I'm curious and may take a chance on it.

XBox 360:
Enchanted Arms
Ghost Recom
TimeShift
ShadowRun
Crackdown
Vikings Battle for Asgard

About $22 in credit from GS. Traded for ~$16 at Hastings with bonus $50.

Went to my local Hastings and they had a sign posted on the door stating that they were temporarily not accepting trades due to them updating their systems. This was extremely disappointing considering I drove 20 min to get there. This seems like something they could have updated outside of their regular business hours. This is the second poor experience I have had with Hastings so therefore I am done doing business with them.

[quote name='Gore']Nba Live 08; Fight Night Round 3; Family Game Night = $8.33

Call of Duty 2; Rainbow Six Vegas; Madden 09 = $5.85[/QUOTE]

Your Hastings must be in the middle of nowhere to accept old sports games. Mine wont even accept '11 versions (except NBA2k11).

[quote name='mrclutch']me and hastings are about to become very good friends.[/quote]

but friend's :)

Found a portal gun... But its was just the display. It included the box, but I'm not sure if I want to still get it since it isn't brand new. I would only buy it for the sole purpose of reselling it.

Also I traded in some more games

Perfect Dark Zero Limited Collectors Edition
BF Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition
Prince of Persia

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Found a portal gun... But its was just the display. It included the box, but I'm not sure if I want to still get it since it isn't brand new. I would only buy it for the sole purpose of reselling it.

Also I traded in some more games

Perfect Dark Zero Limited Collectors Edition
BF Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition
Prince of Persia[/QUOTE]

Wow they took Perfect Dark Zero? I will have to add that to my list.

My friend went hunting all over the state today and found the last two Portal guns in our area according to Hastings stock levels. Where did you find yours?

[quote name='HydroX']Wow they took Perfect Dark Zero? I will have to add that to my list.

My friend went hunting all over the state today and found the last two Portal guns in our area according to Hastings stock levels. Where did you find yours?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was surprised they actually took it. Possibly YMMV? The girl who helped me saw the Collectors Edition case and was like "Wow that's a cool looking case." then a second later when she scanned it and said, "Huh, I'm surprised you're only getting $1 for it."

I found the portal gun in a display case with some figurines next to the comic book section. In a way I was surprised I found it, but then again my local Hastings doesn't seem like it has too much traffic. I'm still contemplating whether or not to buy it. The profit I could potentially make is very tempting, but that's still a pretty big purchase for me. I can't remember the last time I spent over $100 on something such as this.

I think I would ultimately regret passing this deal up. Decisions decisions.

I have yet to be denied any trade-ins. Today I traded in:

- Rainbow Six Vegas
- Lost Planet Extreme Condition
- Crackdown

For me this gravy train is coming to an end. I'll probably trade in only two more sets of 3 games, then call it quits. If they allow those sets, I'll have traded in a total of 18 games.

Thanks OP for posting this deal. I may have otherwise not known about it.:applause:

Yeah I'm kind of getting sick of driving to Hastings every day... I skipped my run yesterday. I've got a few more games yet to trade in and I'll likely call it quits as well.

Hopefully you grabbed that Portal gun.

[quote name='HydroX']Hopefully you grabbed that Portal gun.[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I traded in some games today then checked to see if it was still there and it was. I would have bought it right of the spot since with that last trade-in I had accrued enough gift credit, but I had to go to work so I didn't want to leave the Portal gun sitting in my car whilst I was at work... especially in 95°-100°F weather.

It will be nobody's fault but my own if it gets bought by tomorrow since I've been lollygagging around.

Also if anybody is interested in converting Hastings credit to Amazon credit, they have Left 4 Dead Game of the Year Edition on sale for $9.99 and it trades into Amazon for $11.25 I believe.

Just a reminder

Last week for the 25$ credit on tradeins. Games like Perfect Dark Zero (CE), Condemned 1 and Borderlands go for $30 after the gift card. Gift cards can also be used for purchases at the gohastings website.

Round 2. Hastings would not accept bioshock 2. Going back Wednesday.

[quote name='HydroX']Your Hastings must be in the middle of nowhere to accept old sports games. Mine wont even accept '11 versions (except NBA2k11).[/QUOTE]

There's the local Hastings. Then, the nearest Hastings is about 180 mi away.

bread's done
Back