Hastings: Trade 4 get 1 free

blissfulnoise

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hastings games accepted for their normal buy 4 get 1 free deal. Just keeping tabs on them.

Some of this is from a former thread (thanks Scorch and bobthegoat2001)

Games Accepted:

Xbox:

Project Gothem Racing (personally confirmed)
Max Payne (personally confirmed)
Turok: Evolution (confirmed by bobthegoat2001)
BloodRayne (personally confirmed)
Deus Ex: The Invisible War (personally confirmed)
Dead to Rights (confirmed by bobthegoat2001)
ESPN NFL 2k5 (confirmed by favre4435)
The Chronicles of Riddick (confirmed by favre4435)
Manhunt (confirmed by favre4435)
Sega GT Online (confirmed by Scorch)
Backyard Wrestling (confirmed by Scorch)
Dino Crisis 3 (confirmed by Scorch)
Alter Echo (confirmed by guessed)
Phantom Crash (confirmed by guessed)
Kill Switch (confirmed by guessed)
Alias (confirmed by Scorch)
Crimson Sea (confirmed by Scorch)
WWE Raw 2 (confirmed by vrs1650)
Counter Strike (confirmed by vrs1650)

PS2

Alias (confirmed by guessed)
Amplitude (confirmed by guessed)
Everquest Online Adventures Frontiers (confirmed by guessed)
Max Payne (confirmed by guessed)
Powerdrome Racing (confirmed by guessed)
The Powerpuff Girls: Relish Rampage (confirmed by guessed)
XSquad (personally confirmed)
Summoner (personally confirmed)
Kessen (personally confirmed)
Zone of Enders (personally confirmed)
The Bouncer (personally confirmed)
Red Faction 2 (personally confirmed)
Wild Arms 3 (confirmed by masha)
Frequency (confirmed by favre4435)
Kingdom Hearts (confirmed by favre4435)
Siren (confirmed by pinoy530)
Chaos Legion (confirmed by pinoy530)

GC

F-Zero GX
Metroid Prime (confirmed by hollow2010)
Star Wars Bounty Hunter (confirmed by pinoy530)
Black And Bruised (confirmed by guessed)

What's not accepted

Xbox

WWE Raw
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
NFL Blitz Pro
Pro Race Driver
Crimson Skies
NHL Hitz Pro
Tron 2.0 Killer App
Rogue Ops
Chase Hollywood Stunt Driver
Crash 'n Burn
Red Dead Revolver
Deathrow
Rocky Legends
State of Emergency
Spy Hunter
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Spy Hunter 2
007 Agent Under Fire
Bloodwake
Blowout
Brute Force
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Future Tactics: The Uprising
GTA III / Vice City
Hitman 2
Kabuki Warriors
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Max Payne 2
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Mission Impossible
NBA Ballers
New Legends
NFL Blitz Pro
Quantim Redhsift
Splinter Cell
TimeSplitters 2
Unreal Championship
Wreckless
Driv3r
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Mission Impossible: Operation Surma
Midtown Madness 3
NBA Jam
Shenmue 2
X2
007 Nightfire
Outlaw Golf 2
Mojo
Splinter Cell
Evil Dead
I-Ninja
XIII

PS2

Ape Escape 2
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Ico
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
Clock Tower 3
Maximo vs Army of Zin
Mobile Light Force 2
Onimusha: Blade Warriors
Road Trip
Swing Away Golf
Ejay Clubworld
Xenosaga
Arc the Lad
XIII
Sphinx
Auto Modellista
Hunter The Reckoning: Wayward
Front Mission 4
The Suffering
Tak and the Power of Juju
Kya: Dark Lineage
The Hobbit
Primal
The Mummy Returns
Devil May Cry
Prysm
Haven
Spawn
Corvette
Ford 2
Super Truck Racing
Kengo
Heroes of Might and Magic
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Castlevania: LoI
Virtua Fighter 4

GC

I-Ninja
Spawn
NFL Street
Tony Hawk Underground
Batman Vengeance
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
Bloodrayne
Hulk
Zapper
SX Superstar
NBA Street
Reign of Fire
Wrestlemania X8
Dragonball Z Budokai
Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure
Swingerz Golf

Good luck. Ever since they've put restrictions, it kills almost any sort of deal whatsoever anyone could come up with. Before Jan. 1st, they accepted almost everything, even doubles. They cracked down BIG TIME in '05.

Unless someone wants to try TRU fodder, like Primal and Mister Mosquito. I don't think mine started this promotion (I was there yesterday), but i'll check, and I'll check a ton of games. I've been making friends with the employees, so they probably won't have a problem scanning stuff.

fyi, most of the accepted list is a major ymmv.

I'm going to get mine to try quite a few more games, but I doubt I'll get any decent hits.

With the PS2 and XBox games that are already fished out, I should be able to get most of the new games I want before the end of the week.

But please, if anyone knows of any other decently priced accepted games, post em'.

Thanks for an update OP!

When does it end Saturday or Sunday?

Anyone traded recently?

Silent Hill 3 ?
Wild Arms ?
Frequency ?
Clock Tower 3 ?

[quote name='masha']Thanks for an update OP!

Anyone traded recently?

Silent Hill 3 ?
Wild Arms ?
Frequency ?[/quote]

WA3 and Frequency worked before 1/1/05, dunno about now. Never tried SH3, but i'm almost positive it would work.

damn it. now i'm interested.

i've got three packages to ship off in the morning, i suppose I can swing by and harass the morning crew and hope there's an excluded list or maybe just get them to scan random titles. they're usually pretty bare empty on tuesdays.

FYI, those who buy PVD's (clearance rentals).. if you go on Tuesday mornings, they have a crew in the back working.. if you ask an employee for a slipcase for any PVD, if they have it in stock, theyll usually give you it

Actually in Texas and Oklahoma the value has to be $5. It was changed sometime between Dec. 29 and Jan 1.

Almost none of those games will work.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='masha']Thanks for an update OP!

Anyone traded recently?

Silent Hill 3 ?
Wild Arms ?
Frequency ?[/quote]

WA3 and Frequency worked before 1/1/05, dunno about now. Never tried SH3, but i'm almost positive it would work.[/quote]
Thanks. I haven't been in mine for a wile. It's 35 minute drive. I'm plannig to go there on Saturday. Those were good days 4 for 1 with any title go. After Walmart 3 pack they shut the gates. :evil: . Oh well..

[quote name='Scorch']damn it. now i'm interested.

i've got three packages to ship off in the morning, i suppose I can swing by and harass the morning crew and hope there's an excluded list or maybe just get them to scan random titles. they're usually pretty bare empty on tuesdays.

FYI, those who buy PVD's (clearance rentals).. if you go on Tuesday mornings, they have a crew in the back working.. if you ask an employee for a slipcase for any PVD, if they have it in stock, theyll usually give you it[/quote]

If you can get a hold of exclusion list, that would be great!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Actually in Texas and Oklahoma the value has to be $5. It was changed sometime between Dec. 29 and Jan 1.

Almost none of those games will work.[/quote]

I can personally vouch for Zone of Enders, XSquad, Summoner, Kessen, and The Bouncer; as I traded them in just a few hours ago for Devil May Cry 3 and XenoSaga II.

Most of the PS2 games in the no-worky list I verfied as well. I've got a lot of returns to do tomorrow to my local game shops ;)

[quote name='KowHunta']What the hell is the deal? Trade 3 and get any 1 game for free? C'mon, tell us what the deal actually is.[/quote]

You trade in 3 PS2, Xbox, GC games for any new game. (up to $49.99). Usualy it's 4 for 1.

[quote name='masha']If you can get a hold of exclusion list, that would be great![/quote]

An exclusion list doesn't really exist. From my run tonight, all games $3+ were accepted.

So, by that logic, anything $2 or under wouldn't work. I thought I remembered it being a $5.00 cut off too, but that doesn't seem to be the case right now.

If anyone COULD get a list of game values, that would be awesome. But I doubt such a thing, even if it existed, could be easily obtained.

XSquad and Bouncer worked? Hm. I may have to strike a deal with GameCrazy.. if a certain person is working, he'll probably let me buy 'em.. if they're excluded, take 'em back.. ahh.. this is gonna be a long fuckin' week.

[quote name='dude above me']An exclusion list doesn't really exist. From my run tonight, all games $3+ were accepted.

So, by that logic, anything $2 or under wouldn't work. I thought I remembered it being a $5.00 cut off too, but that doesn't seem to be the case right now.

If anyone COULD get a list of game values, that would be awesome. But I doubt such a thing, even if it existed, could be easily obtained.[/quote]

Of course it's $3 and up, the actual challenge is finding games that get $3 and up.

For instance.. Simpsons Road Rage, at some point last summer, got $2. Nascar Thunder 2003 on PS2, I kid you not, got $25. Explain it if you can. EB was selling NT2003 for $6.99 and Hastings was giving $25 for it.

[quote name='Scorch']Nascar Thunder 2003 on PS2, I kid you not, got $25. Explain it if you can. EB was selling NT2003 for $6.99 and Hastings was giving $25 for it.[/quote]

F1 2002 was getting $18 as well. Odd stuff.

Thank you, I might have to do this, along with my blockbuster flipping. Then I could get games at GS at b2g1, get new games, take them to EB for store credit, then get cheapo games and get a lot extra at Blockbuster. Lets see if I can work this one!

Alright, well, even though there's nothing out that I want right now, I could take a game back next week and get Chaos Theory or something, so i'm going to try this deal. I've got 12 games I am willing to try out for this deal, all are XBox..

Splinter Cell, I-Ninja, X2: Wolverine's Revenge, Midtown Madness 3 (I only want to try this because this copy does not have the instruction book.. I am anal about getting games complete), MI: Operation Surma, Sega GT Online, NBA Jam, Outlaw Golf 2 (I'll be really suprised if this one doesn't work), Outlaw Golf: Holiday Golf (which I just bought at Hastings for 4.99), Mojo, Backyard Wrestling (got an extra copy), and Dino Crisis 3 (which did work post 1/1/05, found that out).

IF my Hastings is doing this deal, hopefully at least 3 of these will work.

Actually, the 12's turned to 18, but I can't be bothered to list them.. dead tired.. will post what happens when its all said and done..

Hastings is pretty much taking only the latest and greatest for the most part. It's really a crap deal for even someone who does an occaisional trade. I was going to trade in some for GT4, and out of 8 games I brought up, only two were elgible.

That's the only downfall to greatest hits - trade value doesn't last long.

I've asked for an exclusion list, or even a list of game values, before and got the "bring them in and we'll tell you what they're worth." I believe there is no list, it's only in the comp. That's where CAG's come in, compiling a list of successes and failures.

I wonder if they will take multiples of one game. I have 3 Frequency's and 3 Parappa 2 that I would love to get rid of.

It's about a 30 minute ride to Hastings from where I live. Does anyone think any of these GCN games would qualify?

Viewtiful Joe
Metroid Prime
Black and Bruised
Tony Hawk 3

Over here in Houston, the closest Hastings is in Galveston and they have told me that almost no GH, PC, or PH games work. I can't remember which ones worked the last time I did it and I tried it out in January. I know for sure that for GC, Timesplitters 2 doesn't work. For PS2, Gran Turismo, Budokai, and Grand Theft Auto did not work. Looks like I'll be going back to Hastings if it's 3 for 1 again. WooHoo.

I've been checking prices on Hastings website... Kessen is listed for 31.49, X-Squad 22.49, Summoner 34.19, Zone of Enders 31.49... so maybe we just need to look on their webpage to see what games are acceptable. It looks like anything listed over $30 should be, with the exception of X-Squad. So lets see if we can make a list of games that are listed over $30 on here.

This list is system specific as there are different prices for each game on each system on the Hastings website... dont ask me why. Each game is listed with the price that it has on the Hastings webpage. Remember, it is not official that these work, so I think we should start calling our local Hastings and asking them if any of these work with the trade in deal. Post your results in the thread so we can update the list!

PS2 GAMES:
Vexx for PS2 comes up as 51.29 on the Hastings site... that is messed up.
(12.99 preowned at Gamestop)
Aqua Aqua 33.30 (5.99 preowned at Gamespot)
AUTO MODELLISTA 48.57 (12.99 preowned at Gamespot)
Dino Stalker 51.29 (14.99 preowned at Gamespot)
F1 2001 30.60 (9.99 preowned at Gamespot)
F1 Championship Season 2000 52.50 (9.99 preowned at Gamespot)
FIFA Soccer 2002 $31.49 (11.99 preowned at Gamespot)
High Heat 2002 $33.30 ($4.99 preowned at Gamespot)
NBA 2k3 $50.39 ($5.99 preowned at Gamespot)
NHL 2001 $42.30 ($2.99 preowned at Gamespot)
Portal Runner $32.39 ($4.99 preowned at Gamespot)

XBOX GAMES:
Dark Summit 44.99 (6.99 preowned at Gamespot)
F1 2001 31.49 (9.99 preowned at Gamespot)
Gravity Games Bike: Street-Vert-Dirt 50.39 (wow)

This is what I have for now, I will continue to look and update with more later.

Ok, I just called my local Hastings and they said the games that are being traded in have to be worth $2.50 to them. That is strange since last time I was there I was told it would have to be worth $8.00 each.

The site is very rarely updated and does not reflect trade-in prices.

I'll be checking my 18 games within the next 4 hours.

Does anyone know if this is every single store? Because I just called and they said its 4 for 1 and they haven't heard anything about a 3 for 1 deal... He also said all games have to ring up at least 5 dollars.

the new trade in policy as far as I know is $5. A lot of the employees really dont know and may be quoting you from the way things used to be. They also may not be tuned into the new promotions either. When stuff is changed, it is changed across the board through the computer instantly, so the policy should be the same throughout the country. Whether or not the employees know is a different story.

When I went back last time in January, the minimum trade-in value per game was raised to $5. Prior to that, it had been $2. So, I'm very interested to see if the game has to still ring up at $5 in their system to qualify, or if they've loosened the restriction a bit. If they have, then it's time to stock up on some more new games thanks to my one-time favorite trade-in store, Hastings. :lol:

Yeah, I started a list a while ago but it seemed like no one was interested. Thanks for giving me credit! Oh and when I tried GTA3 they guy said that Vice City had to come with it. So it might actually work if you take both. I haven't tired it though.

To be more specific, it's trade in 4 (3 this week only) and get a brand new (factory sealed game) free.

I also tried Sunday and found out about the deal too. I tried a few more game and finally got a trade. I traded three $3.75 ($11.25 total) games and got Resident Evil 4 for Gamecube, Sweet! Though I wanted to get either Spinter Cell: Chaos Theroy or Doom III, but they won't get those games until next week.

Well anyway here are the games that I tried:
Accepted:
Xbox:
Dead to Rights

Not Accepted:
Xbox:
Blowout
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
NFL Blitz Pro
Splinter Cell
Wreckless

PS2:
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X

Thanks bobthegoat2001, I've updated the list with your findings.

Today, I brought in Max Payne 2, Max Payne, and Project Gothem Racing. Only Max Payne 2 didn't work.

In any case, I'm going to be taking another "grip" of games there tomorrow in the hopes they received God of War. I should have another update then.

Hopefully Scorch can add some more valid games to our list.

And I can't confirm it's "every" store, but it sure should be. If they attempt to do the trade in, the computer should automatically slot for 3 trade in games as opposed to 4. Should be straight forward for the employees there.

[quote name='favre4435']PS2 GAMES:

XBOX GAMES:

This is what I have for now, I will continue to look and update with more later.[/quote]

That's damn good data. Some of that matches up with my previous experiences. Going to give some of these a try tomorrow and see what happens.

[quote name='blissfulnoise'][quote name='favre4435']PS2 GAMES:

XBOX GAMES:

This is what I have for now, I will continue to look and update with more later.[/quote]

That's damn good data. Some of that matches up with my previous experiences. Going to give some of these a try tomorrow and see what happens.[/quote]

Once again, the site is very rarely updated and does NOT reflect prices in the store or trade-in value.

I took my 19 games down there tonight (Splinter Cell and Max Payne 2 are in my batch), but the one bitchy employee I can't stand was working. I decided to wake up early tomorrow morning and do the deal.

I did notice that used copies of Driv3r and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (XBox) were marked down to 9.99, though.

Max Payne and Dead to Rights work? That's really, really odd.

[quote name='Scorch']

Max Payne and Dead to Rights work? That's really, really odd.[/quote]

Yep, I got Resident Evil 4 with those two and Turok: Evolution. Those are the ones I did on Sunday when the deal just started.

Turok: Evolution has never worked for me. Max Payne and Dead to Rights i'll pick up tomorrow uber cheap used at Rhino.. but I won't get Turok, mainly because it's NEVER worked for me and I don't want to take the chance of actually owning that game if it fails :p

Where's your location at, bob?

Ok, just got back from Hastings heres what I found

PS2 Games that worked:
Frequency
Kingdom Hearts

Xbox Games that worked:
ESPN NFL 2k5
Riddick
Manhunt

PS2 games that didnt work:
Ape Escape 2
Virtua Fighter 4

Xbox games that didnt work:
NBA Ballers
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

Gamecube games that didnt work:
Mario Golf
Star Wars Rouge Squadron 3: Rebel Strike.

However, now you dont have to trade in 3 games of the same format which is nice. For instance, you can now trade 2 ps2 games and an xbox game for a gamecube game if you wanted to.

However, now you dont have to trade in 3 games of the same format which is nice. For instance, you can now trade 2 ps2 games and an xbox game for a gamecube game if you wanted to.

YMMV, and even then, it depends on the employee. I'd also never get rid of Riddick (again) or Manhunt.. even for this deal.

[quote name='Scorch']

YMMV, and even then, it depends on the employee. I'd also never get rid of Riddick (again) or Manhunt.. even for this deal.[/quote]

I beat them both... no need in keeping them around.

I am going to try this again here is my list from Monday that didn't work
BTW I only tried GC games (because I want to trade for DONKEY KONGA w/drums)
FZero-GX accepted
I-Ninja nope
Spawn nope
NFL Street nope
Tony Hawk Underground nope

I am going back tonight and I am gonna try Billy Hatcher, Harvest Moon and
1080, possibly Dragons Lair
it is still pretty easy to do on CDs I took in 9 and they took 3 of em for an 18.98 CD really obscure stuff too.
DVDs though they are picky now I couldn't unload any of my lesser Anchor Bay or Full Moon titles even though they have most of them on their shelf for sale. (':cry:')

99% of the cds will be accepted.. but wow, F-Zero was accepted.. I have a feeling that i'm not going to have much luck with this deal.

OP updated with additional accepted and unaccepted games.

Yeah, the mix and match games / games on different platforms definately vary by employee.

The fine print on the offer says that all games must be for the same platform and you must trade for a game on the same platform. But, out of the 2 Hastings I go to, one follows both rules, and the other only follows one of the rules.

In any case, I'm headed back again today with some more games, we'll see what happens.

fyi, there's absolutely nothing in the system that stops them from mixing and matching or even doing doubles. The computer doesn't flag doubles or mix and matches. Get an employee that doesn't care, some young chick or gamer guy. Just say you've done it before without a problem and they'll probably let you do it.

bread's done
Back