Hastings: Trade 4 get 1 free

blissfulnoise

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hastings games accepted for their normal buy 4 get 1 free deal. Just keeping tabs on them.

Some of this is from a former thread (thanks Scorch and bobthegoat2001)

Games Accepted:

Xbox:

Project Gothem Racing (personally confirmed)
Max Payne (personally confirmed)
Turok: Evolution (confirmed by bobthegoat2001)
BloodRayne (personally confirmed)
Deus Ex: The Invisible War (personally confirmed)
Dead to Rights (confirmed by bobthegoat2001)
ESPN NFL 2k5 (confirmed by favre4435)
The Chronicles of Riddick (confirmed by favre4435)
Manhunt (confirmed by favre4435)
Sega GT Online (confirmed by Scorch)
Backyard Wrestling (confirmed by Scorch)
Dino Crisis 3 (confirmed by Scorch)
Alter Echo (confirmed by guessed)
Phantom Crash (confirmed by guessed)
Kill Switch (confirmed by guessed)
Alias (confirmed by Scorch)
Crimson Sea (confirmed by Scorch)
WWE Raw 2 (confirmed by vrs1650)
Counter Strike (confirmed by vrs1650)

PS2

Alias (confirmed by guessed)
Amplitude (confirmed by guessed)
Everquest Online Adventures Frontiers (confirmed by guessed)
Max Payne (confirmed by guessed)
Powerdrome Racing (confirmed by guessed)
The Powerpuff Girls: Relish Rampage (confirmed by guessed)
XSquad (personally confirmed)
Summoner (personally confirmed)
Kessen (personally confirmed)
Zone of Enders (personally confirmed)
The Bouncer (personally confirmed)
Red Faction 2 (personally confirmed)
Wild Arms 3 (confirmed by masha)
Frequency (confirmed by favre4435)
Kingdom Hearts (confirmed by favre4435)
Siren (confirmed by pinoy530)
Chaos Legion (confirmed by pinoy530)

GC

F-Zero GX
Metroid Prime (confirmed by hollow2010)
Star Wars Bounty Hunter (confirmed by pinoy530)
Black And Bruised (confirmed by guessed)

What's not accepted

Xbox

WWE Raw
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
NFL Blitz Pro
Pro Race Driver
Crimson Skies
NHL Hitz Pro
Tron 2.0 Killer App
Rogue Ops
Chase Hollywood Stunt Driver
Crash 'n Burn
Red Dead Revolver
Deathrow
Rocky Legends
State of Emergency
Spy Hunter
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Spy Hunter 2
007 Agent Under Fire
Bloodwake
Blowout
Brute Force
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Future Tactics: The Uprising
GTA III / Vice City
Hitman 2
Kabuki Warriors
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
Max Payne 2
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Mission Impossible
NBA Ballers
New Legends
NFL Blitz Pro
Quantim Redhsift
Splinter Cell
TimeSplitters 2
Unreal Championship
Wreckless
Driv3r
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Mission Impossible: Operation Surma
Midtown Madness 3
NBA Jam
Shenmue 2
X2
007 Nightfire
Outlaw Golf 2
Mojo
Splinter Cell
Evil Dead
I-Ninja
XIII

PS2

Ape Escape 2
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Ico
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
Clock Tower 3
Maximo vs Army of Zin
Mobile Light Force 2
Onimusha: Blade Warriors
Road Trip
Swing Away Golf
Ejay Clubworld
Xenosaga
Arc the Lad
XIII
Sphinx
Auto Modellista
Hunter The Reckoning: Wayward
Front Mission 4
The Suffering
Tak and the Power of Juju
Kya: Dark Lineage
The Hobbit
Primal
The Mummy Returns
Devil May Cry
Prysm
Haven
Spawn
Corvette
Ford 2
Super Truck Racing
Kengo
Heroes of Might and Magic
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Castlevania: LoI
Virtua Fighter 4

GC

I-Ninja
Spawn
NFL Street
Tony Hawk Underground
Batman Vengeance
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
Bloodrayne
Hulk
Zapper
SX Superstar
NBA Street
Reign of Fire
Wrestlemania X8
Dragonball Z Budokai
Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure
Swingerz Golf

[quote name='Archaic']Must you have boxes and instructions in order to trade?[/quote]

Boxes, yes.. instructions, YMMV, but usually not.

Metroid Prime DOES work to trade in for Game Cube games. You can get MP for about 12.99 at EB or Gamestop.

I just scored Devil May Cry 3 and Metroid Prime 2.

[quote name='hollow2010']Metroid Prime DOES work to trade in for Game Cube games. You can get MP for about 12.99 at EB or Gamestop.

I just scored Devil May Cry 3 and Metroid Prime 2.[/quote]

Thanks! Updated OP. Need to find another GCN game now that'll work so I can get Jungle Beat (my local Hastings only allows platform for platform).

Just tried the deal this morning...got totally denied on all six of the following:

Unreal Championship - XBox
Devil May Cry - PS2
Devil May Cry 2 - PS2
Headhunter - PS2
Twisted Metal Black - PS2
Universal Studios - Cube

Hastings blows now. Seems there are now more exclusions than eb(think only 5 of the 15 I listed are on the exclusion list from eb). While the trade in value that it has to be only went up $.50, it makes it not work for several games now when it used to work for almost everything.

Where a few months ago I woulda walked out with 6 ps2 games(cuz of doubles), 2 xbox, and 1 gamecube game, I ended up with only 1 ps2 game( Devil May Cry 3).

Here the ps2 games that worked.

Siren
Chaos Legion

Xbox:
Bloodrayne
Manhunt

GC:
Star Wars Bounty Hunter

Heres what didnt work:

PS2

Beyond Good and Evil
Primal
Sphinx
Twisted Metal Black
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Auto Modelista
Soul Calibur II
Hitman 2
Syphon Filter(think this rang up as $8, so it woulda worked but they said they had too many in stock)
Devil May Cry

Xbox
Pro Race Driver
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow( Don't know why, 3 hasn't even come out yet)
The Suffering
Max Payne 2

Gamecube
Viewtiful Joe
I Ninja
Crash Wrath of cortex

Note: All those games above with the exception of crash had a trade in of $2, so they woulda worked with the old restrictions.

Man, major profit today. I had like 30 games to try, luckily someone who didn't mind trades was working.. it was a long day. Anyways. Thanks for the heads up on DtR, Max Payne, PGR and Deus Ex: IW.

Confirmed to work:

(XBox)
Max Payne
Dead to Rights
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Sega GT Online
Backyard Wrestling
Dino Crisis 3
Alias
Crimson Sea

Did NOT work:
(XBox)
Driv3r
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Mission Impossible: Operation Surma
Midtown Madness 3
Max Payne 2
NBA Jam
Shenmue 2
X2
007 Nightfire
Outlaw Golf 2
Mojo
Splinter Cell
Evil Dead
I-Ninja

The woman let me do doubles, so I ran down to Rhino and bought another round of MP, PGR, DtR and Deus Ex. I picked up Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Cold Fear, and Republic Commando. I have enough to do one more 3 for one. I traded in all the games that didn't work at Rhino and picked up more Hastings ammo and Metal Slug 3. Gotta go back to Rhino, though, because Metal Slug 3 has a huge cut down the middle of the artwork. Thanks, OP!

Anyone know what day this promotion ends specifically? I'm outta town and want to hit it up when I get back on Saturday. Thanks.

[quote name='clariste']Anyone know what day this promotion ends specifically? I'm outta town and want to hit it up when I get back on Saturday. Thanks.[/quote]

Saturday. Then it goes back to the year round 4 for 1.

Here is my list that did not work:
XBOX
WWE Raw
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
NFL Blitz Pro
Pro Race Driver
Crimson Skies
NHL Hitz Pro
WWE Raw
Spy Hunter 2
What worked:
WWE Raw 2
Counter Strike
there was one more, but can't remember what it was.

Original thread updated with everyones findings.

And yeah, last night I got lucky and they didn't care about doubles at all.

So far I scored Mercenaries, Republic Commando, Mechassault 2: LE, God of War (two of em), Devil May Cry 3, & Gran Turismo 4.

Have more to get before Saturday's over. Loving this deal....

[quote name='Scorch']Mine didn't have God of War yet. I hope you're not filling them with the same crap every time.[/quote]

That's subjective, and personally, I think it's irrelevant to this thread.

But to answer your question, no, I've tried to bring at least one of every game on the confirmed lists during my visits. For example, I confirmed the status of Red Faction 2 and Castlevania: LoI last night.

Out of curosity though Scorch, which Hastings are you going to? The one in Clarksville?

There has to be more than two gamecube games they'll accept (f-zero, metroid prime).... my Hastings will only take 3 GC games if I want a GC game, and I really want Timesplitters 3.

Anyone tried trading TMNT1 GC?

[quote name='blissfulnoise'][quote name='Scorch']Mine didn't have God of War yet. I hope you're not filling them with the same crap every time.[/quote]

Out of curosity though Scorch, which Hastings are you going to? The one in Clarksville?[/quote]

Yep.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='blissfulnoise'][quote name='Scorch']Mine didn't have God of War yet. I hope you're not filling them with the same crap every time.[/quote]

Out of curosity though Scorch, which Hastings are you going to? The one in Clarksville?[/quote]

Yep.[/quote]

That's awesome. PM sent ;)

[quote name='blissfulnoise']Original thread updated with everyones findings.

And yeah, last night I got lucky and they didn't care about doubles at all.

So far I scored Mercenaries, Republic Commando, Mechassault 2: LE, God of War (two of em), Devil May Cry 3, & Gran Turismo 4.

Have more to get before Saturday's over. Loving this deal....[/quote]

I posted some stuff thats not on the first page yesterday afternoon, but I guess since the forums were being glitchy, it posted my post earlier on 3/22 at like 10. Not sure if you want to go back and look at the games that wouldnt work on mine, but Chaos Legion and Siren for ps2 and Star Wars Bounty hunter for GC are the games that work that arent on your list yet.

[quote name='yogi99']Can I trade in 3 games and get a newly released games like God of War or Tekken 5 for free?[/quote]

That's what the deal is.. so yes.

Any know if Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC), Final Fantasy X (PS2) and Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron II (GC) works for this?

Can someone post a web link to hastings' website?

My Hastings just got God of War in today. I had to ask a worker about it and he got me a copy from the back. For some reason they hadn't placed it on the shelves yet. FIY, you can reserve games under your name and then use the trade 3/4 for one deal on them when they appear in stock.

[quote name='Scorch']Turok: Evolution has never worked for me. Max Payne and Dead to Rights i'll pick up tomorrow uber cheap used at Rhino.. but I won't get Turok, mainly because it's NEVER worked for me and I don't want to take the chance of actually owning that game if it fails :p

Where's your location at, bob?[/quote]

I go to the one in Ames, Iowa. Have you heared of Iowa???:)

[quote name='yogi99']Any know if Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC), Final Fantasy X (PS2) and Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron II (GC) works for this?

Can someone post a web link to hastings' website?[/quote]

Read the thread please. Your questions are answered in some form or another on one or more of the pages.

Sheesh.

[quote name='hollow2010']My Hastings just got God of War in today. I had to ask a worker about it and he got me a copy from the back. For some reason they hadn't placed it on the shelves yet. FIY, you can reserve games under your name and then use the trade 3/4 for one deal on them when they appear in stock.[/quote]

This is definately YMMV but I've found the folks at my Hastings are very nice about it. I had to ask for GoW from in back too.

Also interesting, it's price at Hastings was 44.99. Might be a deal in and of itself.

I've also personally confirmed that Turok: Evolution on the Xbox works great. Please guys, keep em coming. I'm going to give it one last hurrah on Saturday, hopefully I'll find out some more games that work.

Work:

--Xbox--
Alter Echo
Phantom Crash
Kill Switch

--PS2--
Alias
Amplitude
Everquest Online Adventures Frontiers
Max Payne
Powerdrome Racing
The Powerpuff Girls: Relish Rampage

--GCN--
Black & Bruised

Do Not Work:

--Xbox--
Tron 2.0 Killer App
Rogue Ops
Chase Hollywood Stunt Driver
Crash 'n Burn
Red Dead Revolver
Deathrow
Rocky Legends
State of Emergency
Spy Hunter
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2

--PS2--
Ejay Clubworld
Xenosaga
Arc the Lad
Sphinx
Auto Modellista
Hunter The Reckoning: Wayward
Front Mission 4
The Suffering
Tak and the Power of Juju
Kya: Dark Lineage
The Hobbit
Primal
The Mummy Returns

--GCN--
Batman Vengeance
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
Bloodrayne
Hulk
Zapper
SX Superstar
NBA Street
Reign of Fire
Wrestlemania X8
Dragonball Z Budokai
Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure
Swingerz Golf

I just thought it'd be guaranteed to not work, but maybe you were feeling lucky and gave it a try. I was just messin'. :)

[quote name='Trakan']I just thought it'd be guaranteed to not work, but maybe you were feeling lucky and gave it a try. I was just messin'. :)[/quote]

Oh, yeah, I didn't expect it to work, but I had to try.

Has anyone tried to trade Metal Arms:Glitch in the System, Terminator 3:Rise of the Machines, Starsky & Hutch, or Celebrity Deathmatch (all PS2)? Any successes or failures with these? Thanks.

Clock Tower 3 (PS2) (No go)
Wild Arms 3 (PS2) (accepted)

I couldn't trade 3 for PSP games. Computer gives an error.

glad i scored time crisis 3 last year when the exclusions weren't so tight

I guess too many people abused this by trading in stuntmans and jampacks..

[quote name='gsr']glad i scored time crisis 3 last year when the exclusions weren't so tight

I guess too many people abused this by trading in stuntmans and jampacks..[/QUOTE]

The exclusion started when Walmart released 3 Pack Racing bundle. It's Walmart's fault! :)

[quote name='masha']The exclusion started when Walmart released 3 Pack Racing bundle. It's Walmart's fault! :)[/QUOTE]

Not when they released the 3-pack, the exclusion happened after it was exploited. I got plenty of games from Wal-Mart's generosity.

They just updated restrictions on January 1st.. upped the value. I dont think it had much to do with copies of corvette and whatnot.. the tons of copies that were at mine are now gone, I think they shifted them between stores.

I'm going to guess there's a good chance that more games will be on the exclusion list the next time they have this deal. Hopefully they have it again this summer just like last summer, and then I'll have time to play my portable games.

Well, I've come to understand everyone's experiences are very YMMV, but I was just able to trade in Intellivision Lives!, Ico, Beyond Good and Evil, and Silpheed for Gran Turismo 4. Granted, the employees at my Hastings are freaking lazy and maybe none of that mattered. One of my friends that works there though said to apply at theirs all they needed was to be in stock there (available for rental/sale) and not have too many copies of the game. So just thought I'd let everyone know that.

[quote name='GFX-Delta']Well, I've come to understand everyone's experiences are very YMMV, but I was just able to trade in Intellivision Lives!, Ico, Beyond Good and Evil, and Silpheed for Gran Turismo 4. Granted, the employees at my Hastings are freaking lazy and maybe none of that mattered. One of my friends that works there though said to apply at theirs all they needed was to be in stock there (available for rental/sale) and not have too many copies of the game. So just thought I'd let everyone know that.[/QUOTE]

Those all PS2 titles?

[quote name='Scorch']Mine didn't have God of War yet. I hope you're not filling them with the same crap every time.[/QUOTE]

Geez, my Hastings just won't seem to get in God of War. They keep saying it's in transit (only 4 copies), and they keep getting shipments, but they still don't have it. Been trying for a while to get it, but today I finally settled for Chaos Theory. GoW will be next, I guess.

bread's done
Back