Hate cardboard genesis boxs??

Mono`

Banned
This is what I do, take a shitty sports game remove the sleeve and everything, and then cut one of the title sides of your cardboard case for your favorite genesis game. (I did this with my 32X games and Vectorman) and just slip it in and it looks like it has a hardcase, screw those annoying cardboard boxs!

Way to ruin a box. I keep the cardboard boxes in a safe place to make sure they don't get crushed [any further].

[quote name='Mono`']Every Genesis collector has an overload of shitty sports games.[/QUOTE]

I think he's referring to the cardboard boxes you have to destroy.

[quote name='Mono`']Every Genesis collector has an overload of shitty sports games.[/QUOTE]

Most collectors aren't too happy about cutting up their boxes...........

[quote name='racketboy']well unless you're planning on selling them or displaying them, it shouldn't matter.[/QUOTE]

Or you just like having complete stuff. That's why they're worth more in the first place.

Depending on the game, the particular one I noticed was DOOM, which goes for only five bucks in its original case and this person who modded their cases had it go for about 19.00 it gave me the idea cause I hate cardboard cases, also hate cardboard dvd cases.

[quote name='Mono`']Depending on the game, the particular one I noticed was DOOM, which goes for only five bucks in its original case and this person who modded their cases had it go for about 19.00 it gave me the idea cause I hate cardboard cases, also hate cardboard dvd cases.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. Not everybody (myself included) likes the cardboard cases. They might be willing to pay more to somebody that takes the extra time and effort to make a more attractive and durable case.

Better to scan them so inserts can be created and printed. Then people who have games even with no boxes can print out inserts and have a nice case for their game.

BTW racketboy, Jet Grind Radio rules, nice avatar/sig.

I just picked up a copy of Shining Force 2 where someone had cut one side of the box off and stuck it in a hardcase.

It's a sloppy job, but I'm planning on:

A: Finding another box for SF2
or
B: Scanning the cut up box, cleaning it up, and reprinting it as a case insert.
or
C: Both

I actually quit buying Genny games when they went to those stupid cardboard boxes. I cut up one box to put in the plastic cover. It didn't work out as well as I'd hoped.

I hate the cheap cardboard cd cases they've been dishing out lately (the acdc re-releases come to mind). They want us to purchase the music legally but keep giving us reasons not to.

bread's done
Back