Have you been spending too much money on games? Here is a good tip!

If you dont mind needles it isnt a bad thing... remember you are not donating your blood, or selling blood... One can only donate blood every 8 weeks... this is for the plasma, the machine you are hooked up to separates the plasma from the red blood cells and returns them to you.

Havent done it since my ex wife was still in school (I wanted to have spending money, but paying all the rest of the bills didnt afford me that luxury, this was simple enough)... I dont even know how much they pay now, but you make money from it thats tax free, and the plasma goes to help others... especially the plasma center, like I mentioned before, they make a ton off of the stuff. I wouldnt have known I was low on my blood protein levels had I not donated years ago.

[quote name='zman73']If you dont mind needles it isnt a bad thing... remember you are not donating your blood, or selling blood... One can only donate blood every 8 weeks... this is for the plasma, the machine you are hooked up to separates the plasma from the red blood cells and returns them to you.

Havent done it since my ex wife was still in school (I wanted to have spending money, but paying all the rest of the bills didnt afford me that luxury, this was simple enough)... I dont even know how much they pay now, but you make money from it thats tax free, and the plasma goes to help others... especially the plasma center, like I mentioned before, they make a ton off of the stuff. I wouldnt have known I was low on my blood protein levels had I not donated years ago.[/QUOTE]

BioLife is currently paying $50 for the first four donations (as you know, you can only donate twice per week). After those $200, you get $20 for the first donation of the week and $40 for the second donation of the week ($60 per week, total)... and a $20 bonus for the 7th donation (end of the month)...

So, you get, every month:

First week: $60
Second week: $60
Third week: $60
Fourth week: $80

Total: $260 per month, tax free.

Good extra cash.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']That's not true.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I heard it from a family member who happens to be an R.N. Kinda makes sense that something you would sell would not be handed back to you (in the form of someone else's blood) for free. But hey, anything is possible right now with all the new changes in medical policy in recent years; I could have outdated info.

If i donate plasma it be only for that purpose not so i can afford more games. I'm unemployed and this still doesn't sound appealing to me.

I used to get around 45-50 a week if I can recall... With various different bonuses scattered in there too... I seem to recall one month having a $100 bonus...

[quote name='needler420']If i donate plasma it be only for that purpose not so i can afford more games. I'm unemployed and this still doesn't sound appealing to me.[/QUOTE]

Would you use the money to buy Wacky Tobacky?

[quote name='darkslime']you should just admit you work for biolife. i got no respect for liars.[/QUOTE]

Nah... I work for Sony as a graphic designer (really)...

Selling Plasma is how I got drinking money in College. The Bonus is after donating a pint or two, you don't need to drink much to get wrecked.

If there had been a Sperm bank near my school I would be a millionaire now.

[quote name='darkslime']you should just admit you work for biolife. i got no respect for liars.[/QUOTE]

You just need to admit you work for Gucci, bro, and he'll admit to working for Biolife ;).

This thread = Nightmares
I can't even get bloodwork done without Getting sick. I literally turn green. Amazing thing you're doing :3

I remember hearing someone I know doing this and getting $50 a visit. He said he'd never donate blood though unless they'd pay him or something like that. I found it a little odd that he has to be paid to help people, but that's just me.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I remember hearing someone I know doing this and getting $50 a visit. He said he'd never donate blood though unless they'd pay him or something like that. I found it a little odd that he has to be paid to help people, but that's just me.[/QUOTE]

I find it odd that some people donate blood and let these companies turn it around and sell it at $300 /pint. They seem to be helping people. :roll:

People should at least get paid for their blood. That's where I stand on this.

^Probably should be a tax write off somewhere when you donate blood, count it as volunteer time/community service. They don't need that blood transfusion, until they show me the Benjamins. lol

I never knew that companies would turn donated blood (free, well if cookies/punch is payment I guess) for a profit from people. Yeah people should be paid so there won't be a shortage all the time. People should be paid for anything they donate: skin, hair, time, toenail clippings, sweat, tears, other body fluids. lol

Yeah people probably should get some money out of it. I forgot to mention that the place my buddy gets paid for donating his plasma also asks if they want to donate the blood for free that is taken to.

His reaction is that's mine unless you pay me for it. The odd part was it was already in a bag and he requests they put it back in his body. Don't know why they don't just pay him for both, could be some sort of local law.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the top headline on a site whose slogan is "intelligent life on the web" reads "Nick Cannon Says Mariah Carey is Expecting Twins," that kind of negates everything else.

[quote name='Survivalism']When the top headline on a site whose slogan is "intelligent life on the web" reads "Nick Cannon Says Mariah Carey is Expecting Twins," that kind of negates everything else.[/QUOTE]

What?

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I was spending too much money on games (thanks to CAG and Amazon)... I have a decent job, but still, I was spending too much money, so I decided to go to BioLife Plasma Services.

I have been donating plasma since three weeks ago. They gave this Visa Debit Card and that's what I'm using to purchase my games... I receive $60 per week (plus an extra $20 every 7th donation) and I think it's a good limit for my gaming purchases. Plus, I'm helping people by donating plasma.

And $60 per week ($80 with the bonus) + Cheap Ass Gamer tips = A lot of good games.

And this way, I have been saving a lot of money earned with my job.

If you need to save money for any reason, you should consider donating plasma. But don't do it just for the money... you are helping people too.[/QUOTE]

I used to do this at a place by Penn State and got two of my friends involved (I didn't have a car and lived far away.)

It was easy cash, while it lasted. I made $20 the first time in the week and $30 the second. Plus, $10 bonus for bringing a new friend along. (Which worked out really well as I got a few random college kids saying they signed up through me.)

A few notes, though. You can't have fresh tattoos (3... maybe 6 months.) My one friend got permabanned from the place when he went back after a break and lied about his tattoo, then got called on it.

It's roughly 2-3 hours each time you stop (minus travel and your first time and the occassional three or six month "checkups" they do) to decide if you wanna bother with it. I was always around 2-ish, but I was donating the minimum amount.

It's not bad at all if you weren't too squeamish. Not only are you dealing with blood, your watching blood get cycled and then pumped back into you sans the plasma. Then afterwards, they replace the amount of plasma with a saline solution. It's room temperature so it feels like ice water going into your veins. Some people couldn't stand that, especially in the winter, but I personally found it fun.

They beefed up the weight limit, a friend said (which makes me ineligble now. I used to donate when it was 105 or 115 (I barely ever made the weight limit due to being skinny as hell). Now I believe it's whatever the blood weight is. On the reverse, if you're obese, you may run into troubles as cholesterol can screw things up. I've seen some dudes get turned down for that reason and they didn't even look in that bad of shape. Also, vein issues can tie into that too. If you can't see the veins on the inside of where your elbow bends, you may run into trouble too. Obesity can trigger those problems, but it also just has to do with genetics as well.

But with that said, it was cool and if I find a place again and reach the weight, I'd likely get back into the scheme. The place I went to also had the benefit of comfy bed/chairs and TVs to watch. When it comes to the TVs, you can talk to employees there. Where I went they played ER on TNT and then would toss in movies. My friend started scheduling his donations for the usual movie start time, but I honestly didnt' care as I was usually done before that point.

You guys should ask at BioLife.

Today I went to my second donation of the week, and they gave some excellent news. In a few weeks, they are going to increase the payments! Well, at least at my local center.

They still don't know how much, but apparently it's going to be the same payment as two years ago: $30 for the first donation of the week and $45 for the second donation of the week!

(They are paying me currently $25 for the first donation of the week and $35 for the second donation of the week with a $20 bonus after the seventh donation of the month).

Has anyone noticed the pay depends on your blood type? I'm AB negative and i get around $45 each visit while a friend whos O positIve gets around $30 a visit.

[quote name='Mafoofoo']Has anyone noticed the pay depends on your blood type? I'm AB negative and i get around $45 each visit while a friend whos O positIve gets around $30 a visit.[/QUOTE]

Nice. At what center is that?

They pay the same here to everyone, no matter the bllod type. But they pay extra money to people with rare immunities. So far, there are no one at my local center in that program.

[quote name='Amblix']Getting money for it isn't donating.[/QUOTE]

Technically, it is a donation. They don't pay you for the plasma... they pay you for your time.

Can I just give them one of my kidneys and just get a big lump sum all at once? I'd rather not deal with the plasma repeatedly.

[quote name='Darrith']Can I just give them one of my kidneys and just get a big lump sum all at once? I'd rather not deal with the plasma repeatedly.[/QUOTE]

Maybe on the black market or maybe Texas.

I saw some advertisements in the local want ads a month or so ago for BioLife, but apparently it's not opening until April. I thought about applying, but I have zero experience in a laboratory setting and little knowledge of plasmapheresis. However with a little more research on my part and some motivation in this thread, I registered on their site and await their grand opening.

bread's done
Back