Have you ever skipped class/work before?

I skip class all the time.

I blame the college though. They make you want to so bad since they don't care if you come or not.

And I've skipped work before. My job is really laid back though (as is my boss) so I just email my boss and say I'm not coming in and he is fine with it.

I used to skip class all the time. It led to a bunch of Fs in college and four exciting years in the Marine Corps. I no longer miss class.

I used to skip crappy retail jobs to play fighting games at my friend's house. Now I'm unemployed so I can't really skip anything work related.

[quote name='Halo05']I used to skip class all the time. It led to a bunch of Fs in college and four exciting years in the Marine Corps. I no longer miss class.

I used to skip crappy retail jobs to play fighting games at my friend's house. Now I'm unemployed so I can't really skip anything work related.[/QUOTE]
That makes me not want to skip anymore :hot:

I don't really skip so much as come in late.

Sometimes I want to sleep in, other times I'm eating breakfast and it's something not portable enough to finish in the car.

I skipped high school a few times, mostly from faking sick. Skipped a pep rally to leave school early with a friend once, didn't really enjoy those and hated that they make you go, packing everyone in the whole school into the gym. I skipped college classes more than high school, usually classes that I already know most of the material, classes where the tests are basically out of the book or slides, or classes with a boring professor.

[quote name='whoknows']I skip class all the time.

I blame the college though. They make you want to so bad since they don't care if you come or not.

And I've skipped work before. My job is really laid back though (as is my boss) so I just email my boss and say I'm not coming in and he is fine with it.[/QUOTE]You're a terrible person. :p J/K though. ;)

I took Intro to C Programming last year, where I already knew 90% of the material. I still came to every single class, came to every single lab, etc. All I did was just answer every question in class out loud, shout out answers, and help out the rest of my class in labs.

I remember one time, because I seem to know everything, one guy asked me what do I do outside of class (he skips way too much), and I tell him only my homework. He tells me that I'm "socially retarded".:( That really pissed me off, but since that guy was in a class I graded all the papers for, I made sure to grade his quizzes and homework extra strict. :lol:

You are socially retarded (don't mean to be rude, but I agree with the guy).

You need to live more, go out, skip a class, have a beer, fuck a skank. You only live once.

[quote name='SIUfan']What kind of question is this? I mean honestly, who hasn't skipped anything at least once in their life?[/quote]

I guess at least 6 haven't.

[quote name='SIUfan']What kind of question is this? I mean honestly, who hasn't skipped anything at least once in their life?[/quote]

I guess at least 6 haven't.

I took a night "math" class, it was so bad. No windows, three hours long, the guy wore makeup to the extreme. So I figured the system out. There was 14 or 15 classes, I could skip at least every other one. I then found out I would only need to go to class 5 times, once for each test, which were take home. So the class was from 6:15 to 9:15. I would show up past 7, listen to part of the review, get the test around 8, and then just leave. I got a 94 in that class.

I voted I never skipped but maybe I shouldn't have.

I was absent for two days in high-school (one because I overslept, and the other because I was visiting a college campus).

Now in college, I've only missed 2 lectures so far in two years (one because of jury duty, the other because I wanted to study for a final I had in another class).

Never skipped work.

That's about it.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']you can roll your eyes, but usually when i skipped class is was for something fun or just the weather was way too nice to be stuck in a stuffy classroom for an hour. In college you need to seize the day. I am not saying that you arent having fun or cool, but if you go by the book and follow the rules your whole life you probably won't have any fun or be cool.[/QUOTE]You don't need to skip to go out and enjoy yourself.
I'm not saying anyone should stay locked up all day; if you have personal days, then take them, if you don't need to be in class, then leave (I didn't go to nearly all of my finals because I was exempt from them), but I don't think you should skip for the sake of skipping.

I spent my last year of college at Deakin University in Geelong Australia, and I can gladly say the last semester I didn't go to a single class. When I say that I mean I didn't go to a single second of any class.

Though there school system is different than it is here in the states. You only have 2 grades. The Midterm and the Final. You screw those up you are screwed. The rest of the time was 2 classes a week per subject. 1 lecture class and 1 "lab" class (though this was still more like a lecture). It was basically pointless to go as you could get all the exact same stuff from the book. It also was pass or fail, meaning you get 50% you pass, if you don't, you fail (this was different for actual australians, this is how the grades transferred back to the states).

Pretty simple. I must say, it sounds like a dream, but man the college system, in my opinion, is much better here.

[quote name='botticus']A lot of us have vacation days and sick days... so taking a sick day without being sick would probably constitute "skipping." In which case, yes, I have. Not very often, maybe a day or two a year.

[/quote]

I have sick days, vacation days, and personal days.

The only time I recall skipping class was in my college Western Civ class and that was only because the professor excused anyone from the final exam who already had an A.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All I did was just answer every question in class out loud, shout out answers, and help out the rest of my class in labs.[/QUOTE]
Oooh so you're that guy. Dude come on. Are you Steve Urkel? Nobody likes a smart ass who thinks its cool to answer all the questions. Laura will never date you at this rate!

I've only ever called-in sick twice to work in the 4 1/2 years I've worked there, and I was legitimately sick both times. It's not that I'm really devoted to the job, it's just that I like money.

I skipped class a ton during my first year of college and did more than fine. I'm a senior now, and don't think I've just skipped because I was lazy since then. I have missed class because I missed my alarm, though.

[quote name='zewone']You are socially retarded (don't mean to be rude, but I agree with the guy).

You need to live more, go out, skip a class, have a beer, fuck a skank. You only live once.[/QUOTE]LOL . ;)
[quote name='CouRageouS']Oooh so you're that guy. Dude come on. Are you Steve Urkel? Nobody likes a smart ass who thinks its cool to answer all the questions. Laura will never date you at this rate![/QUOTE]Naw, I'm not Steve Urkel. We may both nerdy, the same race, and can't get a date, but I actually dress nice and I don't wear glasses. ;)

Some may say, there's no reason to go to class if the Professor posts his notes online and doesn't take attendance, but it's not just that. Going to class:
-Gets me out of the apartment/dorm.
-I can suck up to the Professor a little or become one of their favorite students because I come to class all the time (so hopefully they'll give me a good grade).
-Get to make new friends in the classroom.
-Even if I may forget it later, I'll learn something new everyday.

No, I never have. Back in high school, I would just make up some lame, "I have the poops" excuse, and just stay home. I would never say to my parents that I am leaving for school, and then not go, and go smoke weed back behind the PDQ. As for now, as a "responsible adult", I would never just skip school or work, since I go to school so I can one day make more money at work, and money is just wonderful, and you don't make any by just sitting at home whacking it.

We used to skip school in groups back in high school. We would go to someone's house and play games all day.

I never skipped work before but have called in sick to take care of some stuff.

[quote name='magiic']I've never skipped a class or work. I'm in highschool.[/QUOTE]You sound a little like me. We both don't drink and we both don't skip school/work. ;)

Reading your post Mana Night makes me think your just like me. I go to school every single day sick,mad, it doesn't matter I show up and take notes. On another note Work, I make sure not to miss more then one day. School will get you contacts with Profesors who later on will help you with Resumes and help you may be even get a job that is the way i look at it. I don't go to school to make friends I go there to get and learn something new. I may not be the social lite like everyone else is getting drunk or what not but at least I'm getting myself an education and my probabilites of getting myself a good future job are great.

[quote name='ttriber']Reading your post Mana Knight makes me think your just like me. I go to school every single day sick,mad, it doesn't matter I show up and take notes. On another note Work, I make sure not to miss more then one day. School will get you contacts with Profesors who later on will help you with Resumes and help you may be even get a job that is the way i look at it. I don't go to school to make friends I go there to get and learn something new. I may not be the social lite like everyone else is getting drunk or what not but at least I'm getting myself an education and my probabilites of getting myself a good future job are great.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm the same way. Only difference is that I lack confidence in myself (big reason it's taking me longer to finish college than I should). Yeah, I try to be really good to Professors, so hopefully the favor will be returned back to me. I went away to college not to party, but to get a good education.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']No, I never have.[/quote]~[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Back in high school, I would just make up some lame, "I have the poops" excuse, and just stay home.[/QUOTE]
Double-talk.

[quote name='Brak']~
Double-talk.[/quote]There is a difference between "skipping", and faking sick, in my opinion. Skipping comes with consequences, as in "I just got grounded for skipping school". Faking sick only gets you sympathy from your parents, and a well deserved day off.

Psh, I was late almost every day one year in high school. I just used the ol' "car trouble" excuse scribbled on a note, and nobody thought twice.

Then in senior year, I ended up being a TA for the attendance office. Oh, the laughter that ensued when they asked me about my parent's shitty car.

College, now that's meant for cutting classes.

Booze!=Good time. Its like all these crazy strict people cannot see that you don't need booze to get out and do stuff. You're not in college to make friends? Hell yes you are! The more friends you make in college the better connections you have. Having the reccomendations of a professor are great and all, but nothing beats having some guy putting in a good word for you with his rich father's bussiness. Social networking is a very important part of getting a job, and if all you do is study and work, your chances of meeting more people are very low.

I used to skip a Western Civ class in college to play Mortal Kombat II at the student center. I probably made it to ten classes that entire semester and ended up with a B anyway.

[quote name='2Fast']I've only ever called-in sick twice to work in the 4 1/2 years I've worked there, and I was legitimately sick both times. It's not that I'm really devoted to the job, it's just that I like money.[/QUOTE]
Do you not get paid on sick days? :whistle2:s

Honestly, I'm through my MBA program, I've never skipped work and I skipped one class in all my college time.

I thought it was a fair reason, it was the last opening day at Tiger Stadium. The sad part is that we went to get scalped tickets, but didn't want to pay the price for them, so we ended up leaving.

In fairness, I didn't really skip either, since they ran the class again later in the evening, so I just went to the later class.

Oh god, I love skipping school or work. Sometimes i'd just leave school early (lmao, oh high school..) and sometimes I'd get to work's parking lot..and have second thoughts and call out from the parking lot and go home.

Hate responsibilities.

bread's done
Back