HD collections - discussion and speculation

[quote name='finsfan0210']Has there been any news on the FF10 HD rerelease.[/QUOTE]

Nope
icon_cry.gif

Latest was this little snippet = http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...inal-fantasy-xiii-3-still-no-date-for-ffx-hd/

There's gonna be a "big announcement" for FF end of August but that's XIII-3 -_-

I wouldn't be surprised is they'll cancel the HD remake, and just release the PS2 port on PSN which is BS.

jak and daxter collection... ugh... the checkpoints are pretty much non existent. you fight with the camera more than the actual enemies. i cant believe uncharted came out of this dev when they produced these games on ps2.

out of the big 3 platformer franchises (jak, r&c, sly) jak is far and away the worst.

i cant even bring myself to play 3. 2 is so frustrating and boring.

so i hear we can play ratchet online multiplayer with the collection. lets see if anyones going to be playing it

they should have included deadlocks multiplayer as the feature but oh well.

[quote name='8bitArtist']jak and daxter collection... ugh... the checkpoints are pretty much non existent. you fight with the camera more than the actual enemies. i cant believe uncharted came out of this dev when they produced these games on ps2.

out of the big 3 platformer franchises (jak, r&c, sly) jak is far and away the worst.

i cant even bring myself to play 3. 2 is so frustrating and boring.[/QUOTE]

I loved the first, hated the 2nd and thought Jakt 3 was good. Jak 3 does away with some of the annoying shit in 2. 2 was really hard too.

Ratchet and Clank is far superior in every regard though. So much fun.

[quote name='timesplitt']so i hear we can play ratchet online multiplayer with the collection. lets see if anyones going to be playing it

they should have included deadlocks multiplayer as the feature but oh well.[/QUOTE]

I remember playing dozens of hours just split screen, messing around with friends. The main reason I'm picking it up is because of that multiplayer.

The one HD collection I'm waiting for at this point is Zone of the Enders HD Collection. I loved the first one, but couldn't ever get my hands on a copy of the second one.

I could forsee 1 or 2 GTA collections between the PS2 & PSP versions to get people setup for the next GTA. Wonder if they would go for the full money grab & offer the PSP versions on 360 too.

[quote name='smiggity']Sony needs to drop a Socom Collection (10yr anniversary this month) and a Syphon Filter Collection.[/QUOTE]

I don't need a Syphon Filter collection too much but I'd probably buy it at around $20.

A Socom collection with at least 1-3 for $40 would be a day one buy. I didn't even play them online very much, I just like the more tactical pace of the campaigns.

I tried playing Syhpon Filter when they released it for free for Plus members. Wow, so bad. I couldnt tell what was happening everything was so fuzzy and blocky. HD might be able to help clean it up a bit, but cant imagine it would be much better.

[quote name='Josh1billion']The one HD collection I'm waiting for at this point is Zone of the Enders HD Collection. I loved the first one, but couldn't ever get my hands on a copy of the second one.[/QUOTE]

You'll love Zone of the Enders 2 for sure if you liked the first. It's way more action packed in a fun way. Battles have a lot more going on, and it's challenging in a good way. The upgraded battle system really makes you feel like a powerful mech. It has extra challenges too if you like those, I didn't do those much.

There is an Anime too (different story)

With so many HD collections out now, and announced, it's hard to imagine what else could be. Since PS1 games don't get HD, they just get "Classics". I hope Xenosaga 1-3 gets a collection. Or the "Tales of" series. Or Grandia II + Xtreme. I am looking forward to revisiting FFX HD, too bad it's only 1 game.

^Legacy of kain is the only HD collection I can think of that hasn't been announced yet.

Playing Soul Reaver with updated graphics would be pretty cool.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']
With so many HD collections out now, and announced, it's hard to imagine what else could be. Since PS1 games don't get HD, they just get "Classics". I hope Xenosaga 1-3 gets a collection. Or the "Tales of" series. Or Grandia II + Xtreme. I am looking forward to revisiting FFX HD, too bad it's only 1 game.[/QUOTE]

I would pick up a Xenosaga HD collection in a heartbeat, never really got around to playing the series when I had my PS2, same with Tales of the Abyss. Star Ocean 3, Valkyrie Profile 2, Rogue Galaxy, Radiata Stories, Psychonauts, .hack, i'd be happy if any of them got an HD remake.

Only confirmed games that i'm waiting for right now are Okami and ZoE.

[quote name='Olengie']My Friend and I are just waiting for Kingdom Hearts HD Release. :lol: No matter how slim it could be.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I would say its slim but with the message in the 3ds title one might make the case that it could happen. If it does I hope its final mix versions

[quote name='Kazaganthi']You'll love Zone of the Enders 2 for sure if you liked the first. It's way more action packed in a fun way. Battles have a lot more going on, and it's challenging in a good way. The upgraded battle system really makes you feel like a powerful mech. It has extra challenges too if you like those, I didn't do those much.[/QUOTE]
Good to hear. Looking forward to checking it out. :)

[quote name='smiggity']Sony needs to drop a Socom Collection (10yr anniversary this month)[/QUOTE]Would any of the PSP ones make the cut for you? There's so many of them I could see them doing a 5 game combo coll of PS2/PSP ones or go the GOW route & have a PS2 coll & a PSP coll. If they make both have it avail. for PSV too so hopefully there'd be enough interest in the good games to spark a renewed interest in a better Socom 5 w/vita cross play.

Personally I would love to just see a Socom Legacy type game (that has been rumored before) which takes the framework of Socom CA and merges it with the gameplay of S2. Online only, No SP, and all maps from 1-CA (which would be like 50 maps). I doubt this will happen, b/c its just too much value and way too much work. I think they split it up, maybe just a S1 & S2 collection and then a HD pack of the PSP ones. Tactical Strike is so different though so not sure how that will work. Basiclly like you said, just too many games for 1 collection. What is the GoW 5in1 pack going to retail for?

There are plenty of different options, and its flabbergasting that Sony has not already made it. Its in the top 10 on Playstation.blog.share for suggestions, and has been for years.

Not sure if it was already announced but there is going to be a Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection. Will include Budokai and Budokai 3. I'm definitely disappointed there is no 2, since it was my favorite. But I never played 3. I guess that makes up for it. :lol:

[quote name='momouchi']I'm disappointed about no 2 as well, that was the one with a quasi-board game element in story mode right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That's what made Budokai 2 much more fun than the first one! :lol:

[quote name='Olengie']Not sure if it was already announced but there is going to be a Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection. Will include Budokai and Budokai 3. I'm definitely disappointed there is no 2, since it was my favorite. But I never played 3. I guess that makes up for it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

3 is the best one!!!!!!!! :bouncy:

Now all I need is a Buy 2 Get 1 free from some retailer.
I will buy all these HD collections!

InFamous 1 and 2
God of War Saga
Killzone Trilogy

Ratchet and Clank HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Awesome! I loved KH2, no KH2? Hmm oh well, I'll take it since anything in the REMIX version, and 356/78 days is new to me[/QUOTE]

I imagine they're saving KH2 for a second collection if this sells well. Possibly KH2 and Birth By Sleep. Coded seems unlikely, but it could happen.

Just listened to the 8-4 Podcast from Friday. Apparently Sony had a Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Collection listed at TGS.

Not sure if it's just Japan or not, but considering how they have been coming here to the states, sounds like it's a possibility it'll make it's way State-side as well.

burnout HD collection would be hot & Twisted metal too(even though the last one didn't sell) hate to see good franchises die.

bread's done
Back