HD collections - discussion and speculation

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I wonder how many HD collections are there on disc so far.
I know that some of the names might be off.
Prince of Persia Trilogy
Sly Cooper Collection
ICO/Shadow of the Colossus
Tomb Raider Collection
Jak and Daxter HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Silent Hill 2 and 3 Collection
Splinter Cell HD Collection [/QUOTE]have em all

[quote name='nakanenui']God of War 1&2
God of War psp[/QUOTE]have all of them plus all on PS2 & PSP

I thought this might be a good place to ask this question since it's talking about hd collections.

I can't seem to figure out if RE 4 HD for PS 3 and Xbox 360 is based on the gamecube/wii version or the ps 2 version. If it's based on the ps 2 version that's pretty messed up of capcom since the gamecube version had better graphics(lighting effects, textures etc.

I want to get RE 4 hd but lack of move support, 12 trophies when it clearly should have 50 like each of the metal gear games in the metal gear hd collection.

If RE 4 HD is based on the gamecube/wii version that's at least not too horrible.

[quote name='Enuf']Release date updated

Silent Hill Collection 3/20 & they annouced that Downpour will release 2 3/13 & Book of Memories on 3/27. So pretty much March is Silent Hill Month.
http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1219818p1.html[/QUOTE]

It seems really weird to release an HD collection after a new release in the series. I mean, if your new release bombs newcomers to the series won't want to pick up the HD collection.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I wonder how many HD collections are there on disc so far.
I know that some of the names might be off.
Prince of Persia Trilogy
Sly Cooper Collection
ICO/Shadow of the Colossus
Tomb Raider Collection
Jak and Daxter HD Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Silent Hill 2 and 3 Collection
Splinter Cell HD Collection[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nakanenui']God of War 1&2
God of War psp[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GUNNM']DMC HD next month[/QUOTE]

Is this all them now? Including those that have been announced by the time this is posted.

Also I'm not including games like Dreamcast Collection, Arcade Compilations, and Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection. Just looking for the last generation games that are being ported to the current generation.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']It seems really weird to release an HD collection after a new release in the series. I mean, if your new release bombs newcomers to the series won't want to pick up the HD collection.[/QUOTE]dunno word of mouth is powerful so the collection will move based off rep but even if the new game is bad people will be saying save the $20 & get the $40 coll. instead or wait for a sale on downpour.

Also, FWIW, the Resident Evil ports are available on disk in Japan. There's also a Sengoku Basara (first one released in America as Devil Kings) collection coming to Japan later this year.

You can also get Medal Of Honor: Frontline with Medal Of Honor (2010), and Tekken Tag Tournament with Tekken Hybrid.

[quote name='loxthefox']Also, FWIW, the Resident Evil ports are available on disk in Japan. There's also a Sengoku Basara (first one released in America as Devil Kings) collection coming to Japan later this year.

You can also get Medal Of Honor: Frontline with Medal Of Honor (2010), and Tekken Tag Tournament with Tekken Hybrid.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about Tekken Hybrid. I should also add Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

[quote name='tepiddeath']I'm actually pretty excited for FFX. An HD X-2 would rock my world, but that's not going to happen LOL[/QUOTE]

I played x-2, but never x. I liked FF after playing 7, and then basically forgot it existed until a guy I knew in school was raving about x, and heard x-2 was coming so I just jumped in the series there.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Don't forget Zone of the Enders HD collection this Fall :bouncy:

I hope Final Fantasy X lands as well.[/QUOTE]

I think the ZoE games will likely benefit the most from being in HD. I remember being wow'd by the original back when I was released.

But no way am I paying full price for any more of these- gonna wait for the $10-20 range for most. I still haven't picked up Sly yet.

Aye, the first ZoE wasn't the best, and ZoE2 is rather short.

And who's going to buy those anyways? I feel like I'm the only ZoE fan I know.

The ZoE collection is probably a day one purchase for me, if I have some credit somewhere or can get a deal. The first one is nearly ruined by Leo's constant whining, but I love The 2nd Runner. One of my favorite games ever, even though a lot of the dialogue is often hampered by somewhat poor localization.

like punkmaggit said dark cloud 1 and 2 would be sex! the hd collection id love to see but i know will never ever happen is Tomba! and Tomba2.

looks like Shenmue Hd collection as well as skies of arcadia HD are coming

Also I cant believe Konami actually made a Hd collection that actually looks and performs worse than the originals (Silent Hill)

Hyped for Ratchet. Wonder why Deadlocked isn't on it? Couldn't get multiplayer to work on the PS3? Or are they gonna put it on a disk with the PSP games (which also were eventually ported to PS2, I think?)?

renique64: where'd you hear about those? Shenmue HD would be awesome! I never got around to playing 2 on the xbox. And I almost wonder if skies would release as an XBLA/PSN game, likely of the Gamecube port. Hard to see it being on disk by itself, and what with Sega releasing DC games on the XBLA/PSN...

[quote name='Zmonkay']Hyped for Ratchet. Wonder why Deadlocked isn't on it? Couldn't get multiplayer to work on the PS3? Or are they gonna put it on a disk with the PSP games (which also were eventually ported to PS2, I think?)?

renique64: where'd you hear about those? Shenmue HD would be awesome! I never got around to playing 2 on the xbox. And I almost wonder if skies would release as an XBLA/PSN game, likely of the Gamecube port. Hard to see it being on disk by itself, and what with Sega releasing DC games on the XBLA/PSN...[/QUOTE]

the word is the shenmue collection has been done for over a year and when it does release SEGA would use that data to determine if Shen III would be worth it.

http://games.ign.com/articles/122/1220936p1.html

[quote name='panzerfaust']shenmue yessssssssssssssssssssss

just need Ace Combat games and Final Fantasy X-2 and XII, and I can throw out this PS2.[/QUOTE]

FFX-2 is a horrible game. I couldn't even finish it @_@ On the other hand, FFX was amazing.

[quote name='smiggity']R&C does include the MP game in the series. Good news for Socom![/QUOTE]

Good call, I didn't even realize Up Your Arsenal even had a multiplayer mode, and I own all the R&C games. Just never had a network adaptor for PS2. Even stranger then not to include Deadlocked (which I picked up on sale years ago and never opened, so maybe it's not even any good?)

[quote name='sublime90']like punkmaggit said dark cloud 1 and 2 would be sex! the hd collection id love to see but i know will never ever happen is Tomba! and Tomba2.[/QUOTE]
Dark Cloud was such a breath of fresh air. I really don't remember the storyline at all, but the city building was just fucking amazing. Never played the second one, but I'd definitely buy an HD collection.

[quote name='renique46']the word is the shenmue collection has been done for over a year and when it does release SEGA would use that data to determine if Shen III would be worth it.

http://games.ign.com/articles/122/1220936p1.html[/QUOTE]

DAY ONE PURCHASE!!! (caps for emphasis and hopefully I'll have the money that day!) :):D:lol::cool:

Edit: Argh...the articles says Shenmue HD is headed to PSN/XBLA. I want a disc release as well.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']DAY ONE PURCHASE!!! (caps for emphasis and hopefully I'll have the money that day!) :):D:lol::cool:

Edit: Argh...the articles says Shenmue HD is headed to PSN/XBLA. I want a disc release as well.[/QUOTE]

same here but fuck it ill get it just to help them garner interest to maybe make III and also get Skies of Arcadia Hd to get interest for a sequel

[quote name='renique46']same here but fuck it ill get it just to help them garner interest to maybe make III and also get Skies of Arcadia Hd to get interest for a sequel[/QUOTE]

Just hoping they're not more than $20 a piece. Probably should finally give in and buy a $50 card for either the PS3 or 360. Always bought $20 cards.

[quote name='Enuf']well they're rebooting the Soul Reaver franchise(which I somehow completely missed) so I would assume there should be rumors regarding a HD collection probably around E3. I think I would definitely get an HD coll & the reboot since it's seems like a very good franchise overall.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9474550#post9474550[/QUOTE]

What what what what what?!?!?! How has this not been on all the news sites etc or how did I miss it?!!? Either way \\:D/:whee::whee:

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Just popped in Silent Hill HD and good lord... Tank controls!! Arggggggg.[/QUOTE]

You can change that in the option menu on PS2.

Even though Sega is severley cutting back, I really hope that they still release Shenmue and JGR. If the Shenmues are finished as the rumors say, I couldn't think of any reason NOT to, it's not like you'd have alot of advertising or manufacturing costs to deal with for a PSN title.

Come on Namco give us the rest of the Time Crisis series in HD with Guncon 3/Move support!

I'll settle with just the PS2 ports ported to HD like Time Crisis 2, 3, and Crisis Zone. I'll buy that triple pack on day one!

I just want to play the PS2 games again on my HDTV. The 3rd party light guns for LCD televisions just isn't cutting it for me.

Wow this is the first time I've heard a confirmation for Ratchet HD. Hell yes!

The only other HD revision left on my primary wish is Okami HD. Maybe even include God Hand to make it a Clover collection.

Would be cool to see a Kingdom Hearts collection and a Persona collection too.

[quote name='antlp89']Wow this is the first time I've heard a confirmation for Ratchet HD. Hell yes!

The only other HD revision left on my primary wish is Okami HD. Maybe even include God Hand to make it a Clover collection.

Would be cool to see a Kingdom Hearts collection and a Persona collection too.[/QUOTE]would sell boatloads & would be nice if there was a tease comfirmation on a new KH for PS3 in the process.

[quote name='Jodou']Dark Cloud was such a breath of fresh air. I really don't remember the storyline at all, but the city building was just fucking amazing. Never played the second one, but I'd definitely buy an HD collection.[/QUOTE]

I seriously adored the second one. Just seeing you bring it up makes me want to go replay it, man.

I'm still holding my breath for Onimusha HD. I'm guessing it won't happen because they'll need to pay Kaneshiro and the Matsuda estate...such a shame.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, and Birth By Sleep might be receiving HD upgrades and will launch on the PS3, Wii U, and PS VITA.

http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/...mix-to-be-shown-at-e3-2012-for-ps3-wii-u-and-[/QUOTE]

This better happen. I don't own a DS or PSP, so I never played those games. I'm really skeptical at a 5 game bundle though :(

I'd assume Dream Drop Distance is too new. I'd settle for a 1, 2, and Chain of Memories (since Chain of Memories was already ported to PS2) and a 2nd collection with 358/2 Days, Birth By Sleep, and Dream Drop Distance.

Finally got around to playing Ico today in a lazy afternoon. Man, that game still holds up 11 years later. Reminds me of a time when games were short enough that you could beat them in a day and still come away satisfied. Really hope TLG doesn't suffer because of all the design changes, but they need to hurry up and get it on shelves already.

Still waiting for a Dark Cloud HD announcement. . . :(

[quote name='Jodou']Finally got around to playing Ico today in a lazy afternoon. Man, that game still holds up 11 years later. Reminds me of a time when games were short enough that you could beat them in a day and still come away satisfied. Really hope TLG doesn't suffer because of all the design changes, but they need to hurry up and get it on shelves already.

Still waiting for a Dark Cloud HD announcement. . . :([/QUOTE]You think Sony might start offering the HD collection on vita too that would really change the game & make cross play/cross buy explode.

I can't wait for TLG either hope they do it up real big.

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Trying to play Silent Hill 2. I can barely see a damn thing with the brightness all the way up on the game, controls are terrible (I switched to the "2D" ones - tank controls were awful too), and the camera is flat out infuriating.

After poking around for a while trying to figure out what the hell I was supposed to do I get to the apartment building. Found a few items, spent an inordinate amount of time going into the same rooms multiple times because the screen is so dark - even with the flashlight - that I can't always tell if I got turned around or not.

I go through a door and the game freezes, black screen with music playing. Left it for 15 minutes, no dice. Had to do a hard reset. Definitely not playing any more tonight and wondering if I should even bother going back to it at all.

bread's done
Back