HD DVD thread - Toshiba: HD DVD DISCONTINUED, REPAIR/SUPPORT CONTINUES, NO BLU PLANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ITDEFX']So why does Toshiba work with Sony to add whatever HD-DVD features to Blue Ray?[/QUOTE]

arrogance... either Toshiba's and or Sony's (Blu Ass. or whomever).

[quote name='mykevermin']They're still selling them new for $130, and what? $100 used?

fuck that noise.[/quote]

Need the money for another Ivory back-scratcher eh Myke ?

[quote name='mykevermin']They're still selling them new for $130, and what? $100 used?

fuck that noise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...it's not as if they weren't eleventy-billion x profit on them. Stupid move, EBStop.

I hope that doesn't go for MovieStop as well. Otherwise, I have zero reason to visit their stores.

[quote name='ITDEFX']So why does Toshiba work with Sony to add whatever HD-DVD features to Blue Ray?[/QUOTE]

HDi on blu would be great.... but then you run the risk of adding another feature that not all blu players will be able to handle. that alone will probably make it not happen.

but adding hdi for software devs to use for multimedia presentations...that would be interesting. hopefully HDi doesn't just die.

[quote name='anomynous']But aren't HDi and BD-J essentially the same thing?[/quote]That's what I've been saying.

HDi is a heck of a lot more user friendly though.
But in the end, they do the same thing.

They're just little pieces of media code.
Nothing you can't do with any other programming language.

anyone know when i can pickup a hd-dvd add on and plenty of hd-dvds. or will i have to wait a while. hopefully, stores have like a hd-dvd liquidation:applause: good thing my gamestop has a used hd-dvd addon i would love to score that.

perhaps ebay should have some cheap stuff

wonder when theyre gonna have fire sales and im hoping studios release their last line of hd dvds since all i'll have is hd dvds and im not planning on getting a ps3 anytime soon:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back