HDMI cable for 4 bucks at Amazon free shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
eforcity is a good seller on amazon for the hdmi cables. i ordered a 6ft and a 15ft hdmi cable from them and the quality seems really good.

[quote name='Cheadyp']Is there any difference in the quality of an HDMI cable or are all HDMI cables the same?[/QUOTE]

As far as picture quality, same. Now the actual quality of the cable itself could vary.

[quote name='Cheadyp']Is there any difference in the quality of an HDMI cable or are all HDMI cables the same?[/quote]

HDMI is digital. It either connects...or it doesn't. Unless great distances are involved (+50ft), "quality" is a myth.

Thanks! Been thinking about picking up another cable so I don't have to unplug my 360 everytime I want to project something from my laptop to my TV. For $4.25, I'll bite.

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']Lol I remember the Monster Cable.....Such a Rip-Off[/quote]

Unfortunately they still fool people into buying there 100 dollar cables.

Yes they do...My cousin got it for 59.99, then I told him I got mine for 7 bucks....he was shocked, his reaction as: " I could have bought a game with that!!"

[quote name='edrainkona']No, because that was sarcasm.[/quote]

Ah, ok. Bravo then! :D As another poster said though, believe it or not, some people actually think Monster = better. That's just frightening! Hey! Maybe that's how they got their name!

My sister purchased a Sony Blu Ray player on Black Friday. While we were in the store the salesman asked her if she had an HDMI cable she said no and the salesman started his pitch. My jaw dropped when I saw the price of the Monster cable $70 for a cable what a ripoff!! Not knowing any better she bought it.:(

I ordered one of these cables when I get it I will get her to compare the picture quality I hope she still has her receipt and the store takes back the opened Monster cable.

Thanks CAG.

wow i used to buy this for $100 in BB.

thanks!
icon_smile.gif

HDMI cables are really hit or miss. I have bought two in the past 6 months, one for 10 dollars and another for 15. Each time they stopped working after several uses.

This is the same cable that constantly goes for under $2, at least before right now? what gives?

***EDIT***

Nevermind, different seller.

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']Lol I remember the Monster Cable.....Such a Rip-Off[/quote]

Sorry not sure if monster is a rip off but I know it is better than my old Phillips and RCA HDMI cables put together I don't mind the price it came included on a used ps3 deal. I love my monster cable and will never let go

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']Sorry not sure if monster is a rip off but I know it is better than my old Phillips and RCA HDMI cables put together I don't mind the price it came included on a used ps3 deal. I love my monster cable and will never let go[/quote]

Theres no difference. It either works or it doesn't. The only thing your paying for is shielding and build quality. If you really think thats worth paying more than $15 for then you are crazy

[quote name='slickkill77']Theres no difference. It either works or it doesn't. The only thing your paying for is shielding and build quality. If you really think thats worth paying more than $15 for then you are crazy[/quote]
Unless "build quality" also includes HDMI versions (in short, HDMI cables made recently handle transfer more data than those a couple of years ago), you forgot about that.

[quote name='bmoregeniusinc']Sorry not sure if monster is a rip off but I know it is better than my old Phillips and RCA HDMI cables put together I don't mind the price it came included on a used ps3 deal. I love my monster cable and will never let go[/quote]

Yeah, I'm with slickkill on this one. Monster feeds off people's ignorance and insecurity. In the old days of analog, things like shielding and connector plating were really important. Most people still buy a cable like they would a COAX 15 years ago. It has to be "strong, and secure, and tight!" The truth is, it only needs to be strong and tight enough to not fall out of your tv. I've had a $5 cable for over 2 years now, and it's flawless. Digital people. DIGITAL!

There is a clear difference between monster HDMIand regular HDMI : http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/field-notes/the-truth-about-monster-cable-266616.php

Now the question is whether one needs it, I have a 32 inch tv in my room, and got my 360 plugged in = regular $5 HDMI.

If i had a 50 inch screen on the wall, with surround sound, blu-ray, and wanted everything about my gaming and home theater experience to be the absolute best = Monster HDMI.

Monoprice HDMI 1.3a 24AWG >= Monster Cable
Plus you can get 5 or more for the price of one Monster with shipping.
You do need to figure shipping in to the price as for a single calbe it can double the price of the purchase.

[quote name='bardiya27']There is a clear difference between monster HDMIand regular HDMI : http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/field-notes/the-truth-about-monster-cable-266616.php

Now the question is whether one needs it, I have a 32 inch tv in my room, and got my 360 plugged in = regular $5 HDMI.

If i had a 50 inch screen on the wall, with surround sound, blu-ray, and wanted everything about my gaming and home theater experience to be the absolute best = Monster HDMI.[/quote]

Are you seriously using that article as your argument? The dude talked to a MONSTER REPRESENTATIVE! What do you think he's going to say? "No, it's all just a big con! Our cables are the exact same! Death to the consumer! Bwahahahahaha!!!"

All I got out of that article is, if money is no object, and you want to have the most expensive of everything, buy a Monster Cable. People who do that are used to wasting their money...and Monster knows it.

And they're trying to say that it really only matters if you have a 1080p set? So, now the cable carries resolution as well? Ludicrous! Has anybody ever watched OTA HD programming? It either comes in...or it doesn't. There is no snowy picture. There's no distorted image. How can people believe this crap?

Monster has been making cables for years. They even make guitar cables. And their foundation has always been "shielding and stability". And in the past, it was extremely valid...even to the point of being worth the added cost. Then HDMI comes along and all of a sudden it doesn't really matter anymore. They had to come up with something to keep the world from passing them by.

I've been looking for something like this to connect my 360 since I got Wii component cables during Black Friday on Amazon. For $4.25, what the hell? If it doesn't work I'm not out much.

Very nice. I bought enough at MonoPrice already though. Mine were on sale for $2 each rather than the normal $4 because they were... purple...

[quote name='wildcpac']HDMI cables are really hit or miss. I have bought two in the past 6 months, one for 10 dollars and another for 15. Each time they stopped working after several uses.[/quote]

What do you mean by "several uses"??? Don't you just plug it in and it's being used all the time??!!!!! Anyway, great find and in for one. thx!!!!:applause:

[quote name='XTommyDonX']Very nice. I bought enough at MonoPrice already though. Mine were on sale for $2 each rather than the normal $4 because they were... purple...[/QUOTE]

If it is behind the TV, nobody will think less of you. :)

[quote name='Sharingan Tony']It's now down to only $1.30, just so everyone knows.[/quote]

I thought the deal meant the four dollar one that had fulfillment by Amazon, meaning that it qualifies for SSS.

Just bought a 360 Arcade...So HDMI cable from xbox to TV is a must? Will I see a big difference between this and the standard component cables that it came with? Thanks

[quote name='joe lee']Just bought a 360 Arcade...So HDMI cable from xbox to TV is a must? Will I see a big difference between this and the standard component cables that it came with? Thanks[/quote]

Not a big difference.

[quote name='fatez']eforcity is a good seller on amazon for the hdmi cables. i ordered a 6ft and a 15ft hdmi cable from them and the quality seems really good.[/QUOTE]

i bought two from eforcity as well... theyre another cabling company about the same price... fast shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back