He-Man and She-Ra seasons $10 each at BB

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Circuit City sells the She-ra sets for $30-40, you can save a few bucks Price Matching it there. God, I wish I had money.[/QUOTE]

I've never price matched at CC, how does that work? And are these in BB's sale ad this week?

I don't need to spend the money - but those are REALLY good prices, and I only need 3 to finish my set (well, I'll need She-Ra season 2 as well, but doesn't look like it's on sale so it can wait).

EDIT: Actually, season 2 IS on sale as well, they just didn't list it in that slickdeals thread...

If I hadn't picked up all 4 He-Man sets over the last year-plus for $15-$25, I'd be on those in a hurry. Good deals.

She-Ra becomes tempting now, of course.

Damn, that's a hell of a deal. These are probably the most well-done 80's cartoon sets, the packaging/presentation/extras are solid every time.

[quote name='argyle']I've never price matched at CC, how does that work? And are these in BB's sale ad this week?

I don't need to spend the money - but those are REALLY good prices, and I only need 3 to finish my set (well, I'll need She-Ra season 2 as well, but doesn't look like it's on sale so it can wait).

EDIT: Actually, season 2 IS on sale as well, they just didn't list it in that slickdeals thread...[/QUOTE]

Dunno if it's in the weekly ad, but you can just print the webpage and your CC can PM it from there.

CC refused to pricematch from a website printout. Said it had to be a real sales paper. Bah, waste of gas - guess I'm ordering online from BB now.

the new adventures is what they did fairly recently right??? I remember my lil bros watching an episode and it was the exact same story (from what I remember) just updated animation/voices/whatever...I thought it was cool as hell

EDIT: Never watched She-Ra that I can remember, gonna be an impulse buy

bought it all...He-man vol1+vol2, She-ra vol1+vol2, new adventures vol1+vol2=$80+tax...thanx OP, thanx CAG

EDIT2: all in store pickup except he-man S1V1, back ordered, $1.99 for shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadowkast']the new adventures is what they did fairly recently right??? I remember my lil bros watching an episode and it was the exact same story (from what I remember) just updated animation/voices/whatever...I thought it was cool as hell
[/quote]

Oh nonononono....

New Adventures was the relaunch from early 90's that upped the sci-fi and toned down the fantasy...

He-Man in the future...

[quote name='manthing']Oh nonononono....

New Adventures was the relaunch from early 90's that upped the sci-fi and toned down the fantasy...

He-Man in the future...[/quote]
oh okokokok

but they did remake it recently within the past five years give or take???

doh... just bought the whole shabang $86.93 all instore pickup except S1V1 He-man... thanks alot guys for making me impulse buy this! ;)

I've been wanting to get more sets (only have He-Man S1V1 currently) so I had to get in on this deal! Got He-Man S1V2 and She-Ra S1V1. Some of my favorite 'toons from the 80s. :)

Ordered all 4 sets I was missing (He-Man S2 vol 1&2, She-Ra S1 vol 2 & S2) for in-store pickup from BB. I'm happy, and my fiancee is happy since she was a big She-Ra fan. We're looking forward to going through both series now. :)

Thanks OP!

Wow! I cost me almost $100 for it.
New He-man Adventures V.1 & 2
He-man S1 vol. 1 & 2
He-man S2 vol. 1 & 2
She-ra S1 vol. 1 & 2
She-ra S2

Still too much $$$ :(

wow.

However, when I picked up season 1 vol 1 a few years ago and gave the show a chance since I haven't seen it in like 20 years I was like "I use to watch this??"

I ended up giving it to my nephew a few months later. Never finished watching the box set nor buying the other seasons.

She-ra.... dunno seems too embarrassing for a 30 year old to pick up this at best buy.

[quote name='ITDEFX']wow.

However, when I picked up season 1 vol 1 a few years ago and gave the show a chance since I haven't seen it in like 20 years I was like "I use to watch this??"

I ended up giving it to my nephew a few months later. Never finished watching the box set nor buying the other seasons.

She-ra.... dunno seems too embarrassing for a 30 year old to pick up this at best buy.[/quote]

Bah! I did it. Then again I'm 6'6" so I doubt many people would give me a hard time about it. :lol:

dammit, had to happen on a week I don't get paid :bomb: was this part of the weekly ad? if not, I hope it will be still up on Thursday.

I ordered 4 sets online for in-store pickup, and they messed up the order. So after a pretty long wait to get it right, they took $10 off. :D Thanks again op!

Thanks OP. Got He-man S2 V1-2 and She-Ray S1 V1-2 and S2. They can keep that new adventures crap.

Edit: If anyone cares, Bravestarr S.1 V.1 is on sale for $9.99 as well. Was placed in the store with the other stuff listed here. Priced at $35 in store, but sure enough I checked the website when I got home and it's $10 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

She-ra.... dunno seems too embarrassing for a 30 year old to pick up this at best buy.[/QUOTE]

I have that same reaction a lot of cartoons I watch again now. I've settled on remembering them for what they were and no longer opting to spoil it by seeing them again.

He-man was a great show at the time, and I'd prefer to remember it that way ;-) I know that if I see it again now I'll only be stunned at how "bad" it is, and how much better the middle-row of anime is in comparison.

She-ra.... dunno seems too embarrassing for a 30 year old to pick up this at best buy.[/quote]

I'm the same way with Heman. I netflixed the first season when it came out and was like "This is not good." However, I still enjoy a good set of Thundercat episodes. Much better animation etc.

Keep in mind that She-Ra is a direct continuation of He-Man. He-Man starred in a number of She-Ra episodes. So your collection is "incomplete" if you don't also own the She-Ra sets.

Thanks OP. I'm in for all four He-man sets and the first volumes of She-ra and new adventures of He-man. Hope to get the rest later.

[quote name='grif']Thanks OP. I'm in for all four He-man sets and the first volumes of She-ra and new adventures of He-man. Hope to get the rest later.[/quote]
what else is there???

[quote name='shadowkast']what else is there???[/quote]

The second volumes of She-ra and the New adventures of He-man. I only bought the first volumes of each.

When you do in store pick up do they take them off the shelves and hold your order in customer service so no one can buy them off the shelves?

[quote name='cag1000']When you do in store pick up do they take them off the shelves and hold your order in customer service so no one can buy them off the shelves?[/quote]

Yes. I did that last week with the Three Stooges volume 3 release that came out.

[quote name='lilboo']:rofl: She-Ra was so bad ass![/quote]

and don't forget about Bow

bow.jpg

Hmm I was at bb tonight and they only had Vol 1 and 2 of HM, NO SHE-RA (!?!?) and the 2002 series including the two volumes of it boxed together for 20 bucks.

[quote name='grif']The second volumes of She-ra and the New adventures of He-man. I only bought the first volumes of each.[/quote]
I got ya, my bad...just wanted to make sure I was missing something

Looking at the Best Buy website, it looks like the sale prices are still valid this week.
[quote name='dafunkk12']Anyone DVD shopping should pick up the Insider booklets in the movie section. It has a coupon for 10% off any "single DVD purchase" (but the fine print says "limit 3 items") valid through the end of each month. The August issue had Heroes s2 on the cover, and the September has Iron Man. I didn't look at the other coupon when I picked up several for my giant He-Man/She-Ra/Bravestarr purchase today, but if it's like the August issue, there's also a coupon for double RZ points on a Blu-Ray purchase.

Judging by after having had 3 coupons scanned, 3 offers recognized by the system, then only 3 sets discounted, it may be the fine print that's in the wrong rather than debatable wording on the main text. For reference, I've been able to use multiple Music/Movie/Game coupons (with no manual override voodoo) on large purchases during a single transaction several times in the past.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dafunkk12']Looking at the Best Buy website, it looks like the sale prices are still valid this week.[/QUOTE]

man I hope so, this is one deal I'd hate to miss

It wasn't actually featured in the ad.....so good luck...! It SHOULD still be discounted....AWESOME deal!!!!

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']wow. pretty solid deal. If only I had extra cash.

:/[/QUOTE]

The display in store when I picked it up a few weeks back said prices valid through 9/27. So this may have a long shelf life (or perhaps I'm off and it was 9/20?)

man this really sucks. got to run to a post office tomorrow to mail a game to someone and there is a Best buy right down the road.... I think i seen a good price on a Ds game there today....

Man i know if i go back into that store i will end up buyin these....

I might just buy season 1 vol 1 to see if i like them before buying all

bread's done
Back