Heads Up! Random PowerUp Rewards coupons in Active Offers. New set exp. 9/30/13

klimb22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I just checked my PUR (Pro) account and 3 coupons popped up out of nowhere in my Active Offers. All expiring 9/30/13.

20% off pre-owned games and accessories

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Not valid with any other offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in select stores only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Get 30% extra in-store credit for every game you trade

Limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the store listed above only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

15% off a one time purchase of new product or accessory

Offer valid 4/4/13 – 9/30/13. Limit one coupon per customer. Coupon valid for one-time use only. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Not valid with any other discount offer. See associate for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer excludes video game systems, Game Informer subscriptions, and gift cards.

YMMV. So don't go calling up PUR CS if you don't get anything.

The previous set of coupons were rumored to be sent out to PUR members who are in the vicinity of a store that had closed and/or moved, but who really knows at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Solh0und']Would have LOVED for that 15% coupon so I could use it for Tomb Raider. Oh wells[/QUOTE]

I feel ya, I wanted it for Naruto Storm 3...oh well.

[quote name='ChuckyDJ']Probably for members that don't purchase much/or haven't bought anything in a while. No coupons here or birthday coupon for this month either. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Definitely not true. I've spent $100 plus (credit) a week for the past few months.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Didn't get these, would have liked to use the 15% one on the new Monster Hunter :/[/QUOTE]

True that! I didn't get anything either and have 45k life time points. Way too much for a student heading to college soon XD but the games... *o*

Eff'n GameStop. Oh well. The 15% off would have been perfect for GOW: Ascension. I guess I'll go with Amazon instead and get the preorder credit.

[quote name='ChuckyDJ']Probably for members that don't purchase much/or haven't bought anything in a while. No coupons here or birthday coupon for this month either. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
I buy things all the time and got them twice within the last week.

Well I can confirm that it does work with pre-orders, as long as you use it when you are physically paying and picking up the game.

I personally got mine (even though I just spent like 200+ dollars so far this year) and used it for Metal Gear RR, on the collector's worth 150 Lol.

[quote name='Aleth']True that! I didn't get anything either and have 45k life time points. Way too much for a student heading to college soon XD but the games... *o*[/QUOTE]

Heh, I can attest to that; classes + games are definitely taking up a majority of my money :(

Gah! Still nothing. Would have loved to use the 15% on Etrian Odyssey IV. I still have $61 in credit from the 3DS to XL trade in from waaay back (compared to 0 Best Buy credit)...Gamestop just doesn't do it for me.

[quote name='LyricalOne']Well I can confirm that it does work with pre-orders, as long as you use it when you are physically paying and picking up the game.

I personally got mine (even though I just spent like 200+ dollars so far this year) and used it for Metal Gear RR, on the collector's worth 150 Lol.[/QUOTE]
I got them in my account also. So your saying the 15% off coupon works on collector's editions? :hot:

[quote name='paayter']uh oh! i think we will get 100 pgs of bitching...got a whole month left[/QUOTE]

Damn straight.

Nothing for me, and so far I have NEVER gotten an extra coupons I've seen others talk about on here. On BB a bunch of times yeah, but never GS...

[quote name='JKSonic']Nothing for me, and so far I have NEVER gotten an extra coupons I've seen others talk about on here. On BB a bunch of times yeah, but never GS...[/QUOTE]

Then i suppose you dont really have anything to complain about. Ive never received any mystery BB coupons or certificates nor have i received any from GS. Things could be worse

I think these coupons might be for high rollers only.

I have two PUR accounts and I got the coupons for the one I have 100k lifetime points on. And I did not get any coupons for the one that I only have 6k lifetime points.

[quote name='Croozer']I think these coupons might be for high rollers only.

I have two PUR accounts and I got the coupons for the one I have 100k lifetime points on. And I did not get any coupons for the one that I only have 6k lifetime points.[/QUOTE]

no i think it's random. i have way more than your points and didn't received anything. I'm not complaining, just saying.

[quote name='Croozer']I think these coupons might be for high rollers only.

I have two PUR accounts and I got the coupons for the one I have 100k lifetime points on. And I did not get any coupons for the one that I only have 6k lifetime points.[/QUOTE]

I have 210k on a year old account and didn't get any coupons. So much for highrollin'.

[quote name='paayter']uh oh! i think we will get 100 pgs of bitching...got a whole month left[/QUOTE]

And?

Random coupons are a stupid marketing scheme. All they EVER achieve is pissing off the customers who dont get them. Especially when smug people who get them flaunt them over the people who dont.

I have over 200k lifetime points on my new account, 150k on my original (before they screwed up my points calculations and i had to call for every purchase to get points added which forced me to sign up again). Not to mention the years of loyal service to them as a manager. Its things like this that make me completely abandon a company. Is they petty, sure. But if they dont appreciate the thousands of $$ i spend annually, then ill spend that cash at a company who will.

[quote name='coolrust']no i think it's random. i have way more than your points and didn't received anything. I'm not complaining, just saying.[/QUOTE]

Hey every one just figured out why these codes were only sent out to random people. I got the February PowerUp rewards summary email today and at the bottom it says we're sorry your local GameStop closed down. Here's some coupons to make up for it.

So basically if you used to shop at a gamestop that closed down or "moved" you got these three coupons.

[quote name='Daniel09']Is there a way to check how much I saved, or are you just keeping track?[/QUOTE]

The workers always point it out any time that I buy something. It shows on their register screen.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Hey every one just figured out why these codes were only sent out to random people. I got the February PowerUp rewards summary email today and at the bottom it says we're sorry your local GameStop closed down. Here's some coupons to make up for it.

So basically if you used to shop at a gamestop that closed down or "moved" you got these three coupons.[/QUOTE]
This just might be true. I just looked at my summary email and it says "Your store has moved." It doesn't specify which store and I don't recall any store moving recently. I know it's not my "Home Store" as I was just there.

[quote name='klimb22']This just might be true. I just looked at my summary email and it says "Your store has moved." It doesn't specify which store and I don't recall any store moving recently. I know it's not my "Home Store" as I was just there.[/QUOTE]

I second that, the coupons were a link in my email that said "Your store has moved."

[quote name='DCpinoy']Hey every one just figured out why these codes were only sent out to random people. I got the February PowerUp rewards summary email today and at the bottom it says we're sorry your local GameStop closed down. Here's some coupons to make up for it.

So basically if you used to shop at a gamestop that closed down or "moved" you got these three coupons.[/QUOTE]

OMG BRILLIANT IDEA, Burn down GS, Store closes down, Get Coupon's, Celebrate! (Obviously kidding... or AM I duh duh DUHHHHH!!!!)

My email said this:
Your Store Has Moved
Sorry about that. But to cheer you up, we’ll give you some great coupons on your Active Offers page to use at any other GameStop. Just come in and see us already - we miss you.

the funny thing is, my store is still there. I did get the coupons though.

[quote name='philamark']My email said this:
Your Store Has Moved
Sorry about that. But to cheer you up, we’ll give you some great coupons on your Active Offers page to use at any other GameStop. Just come in and see us already - we miss you.

the funny thing is, my store is still there. I did get the coupons though.[/QUOTE]

Yup my two main ones are still there. But i did go to the one close by a couple times that closed down. I'm happy, free coupons!

Aww my bday just passed. Only have 16,000 points but no coupons. You guys have fun and if you don't use them I will gladly take one! :D

[quote name='Squashy']Does the new game coupon apply to pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

I previously worked for GameStop customer service in Grapevine, Texas about two years ago. The coupons would work when you actually came in to pick up the physical game, not when you made the preorder.

[quote name='Roc74']Thanks, then I guess I didnt get it. Pretty good coupons if you get them. I wonder what determines who gets them or not? Random or seniority or activity?[/QUOTE]

The few coupons I knew about like this were based on certain conditions from your profile and buying history. What those are I couldn't tell you, but they were coupons targeting specific people, not random.

[quote name='Pyloric']I have the 15% off new item coupon. Does anyone know how to get these to work online?[/QUOTE]
Won't happen.

Willing to buy a 20% off used coupon for $2 Paypal... :D Sorta wasted mine on Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (well not wasted I guess since I saved $7...)

[quote name='Pyloric']I have the 15% off new item coupon. Does anyone know how to get these to work online?[/QUOTE]
Would buying something online, returning it in-store, then immediately buying again work (assuming it was the same price in-store)?

Anyone know if GS employees would frown upon this?

In either case I'm kinda bummed I didn't get that 15% off New stuff code, would be great to use on Tomb Raider CE, but can't win 'em all I guess :applause:

bread's done
Back