Heavenly Sword $30 new

Vegatron

CAGiversary!
I was at my Best Buy in Worcester about a week ago, and they had a rack filled with games half-off, Heavenly Sword was pretty much the only one(in my opinion) worth making a thread about, I hope someone finds this useful

HS had its moments, but it's definitely NOT worth $30 (let alone retail price). It's only 5 hours long and the gameplay is average at best. The story was pretty cool though.

I'd jump on it at 20 but 30 is a bit high for a game I beat in a day and half. It's a great experience though and I'd love to play through it again sometime.

[quote name='Chozen']Nah, Heavenly Sword is awesome. Easily worth $30.00 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
The only thing the game has going for it is the hilarity of Andy Serkis. It's pretty much the only reason I kept playing (absolutely hated being forced to use motion controls; six-axis fails).

$20 at best.

[quote name='Jodou']The only thing the game has going for it is the hilarity of Andy Serkis. It's pretty much the only reason I kept playing (absolutely hated being forced to use motion controls; six-axis fails).

$20 at best.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on the hilarity of Andy Serkis. (In my mind he made this game), although your comment about being FORCED to use motion controls is incorrect. All you needed to do was simply pause the game and turn them off in the options menu. It makes for a much better experience. My only complaint about HS was the fact that this game is very short. Absolutely awesome game, yet only worthy of a rental because of its shortness.

too bad HS doesnt have trophies cause i would definatly replay the whole thing again...but i dont see any point going back for nothing....

[quote name='loc0bob']All you needed to do was simply pause the game and turn them off in the options menu.[/QUOTE]
Damn, really? Guess that's what I get for assuming it was like Lair. Oh well, game was short enough not to drive me mad anyways.

I dont think any 5 hour game is worth 30 dollars. 6 dollars an hour? Its like hiring minimum wage entertainment!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I dont think any 5 hour game is worth 30 dollars. 6 dollars an hour? Its like hiring minimum wage entertainment![/QUOTE]

It was plainly bait for anyone in desperate need to blow $60 for FIVE HUNDRED NINETY-NINE YOU-ESS DOLLARS on day one.

[quote name='Chozen']Nah, Heavenly Sword is awesome. Easily worth $30.00 in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I am glad some else thought so.

[quote name='Jodou']Damn, really? Guess that's what I get for assuming it was like Lair. Oh well, game was short enough not to drive me mad anyways.[/QUOTE]

First thing I do in ANY game is check the options. I'm actually a bit perplexed every time I hear that other people don't do that. Must be my PC gaming roots... old habits, etc.

[quote name='distgfx']Agreed.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, mine took around 8 hours, cause the ending took me forever

Anything more than that, just becomes repetitive

You can always replay on higher difficulty, and collect everything

I really enjoyed this game. It was definitely short, but a very fun experience nonetheless. Due to the length I would probably recommend it for rental (although once it gets to the $20 range, I'll be tempted to bite).

30 dollars is too much for a lukewarm game with not enough replayable features to warrant $60, much less 30. It's a freaking launch game just about, it should be well past the point of being $20. It's a dead IP also, because Ninja Theory decided to go multi-platform and not just do PS3 games and although Sony owns the IP, you think they are going to even touch it with all else they have? Not a chance.

Nice game, but give it time and you'll be able to pick it up for about $15 or less like you can now.

i agree that 30 is too much for heavenly sword, but give it time?! its a two year old game. you think it would be down to 15 already.

[quote name='sinned47']i agree that 30 is too much for heavenly sword, but give it time?! its a two year old game. you think it would be down to 15 already.[/QUOTE]

This gen sucks when it comes to price drops on games that moved enough copies. Sony also published it and they are pretty bad when it comes to dropping prices on titles they let out of the door unless the game gets reamed from one side to the other (Lair)

bread's done
Back