Heavenly Sword

zodiac308

CAGiversary!
Is this a good game? I like hack n slash but never thought once to try it. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Thx in advance. I also could not seem to find a new cheap copy at all through amazon. Is this game rare now?

GR8 and very short. Got an awesome soundtrack (it won some pretentious BS award) art direction is nice with a developed combo system and reasonable story. I like the aftertouch system (You can tilt your controller to change the flight-ath of arrows etc.)

I second this, amazing game and could give enough of today's games a decent run, would love trophy support but there's no chance of that sadly.

Very underrated game. While it is a God Of War clone, I like it better than God Of War.

Solid story, appealing characters. Actors having fun chewing scenery. Andy Serkis does a great job as the villain and features Anna Torv as the heroine, pre-Fringe.

The action is good. I like the change-up in characters to give some variety and enjoyed using the repeating crossbow as a weapon. As said above, it is one of the few games that uses the SixAxis motion control to guide projectiles.

It was more of a cult hit than underrated. I personally didn't care for it other than Andy Serkis, because the gameplay wasn't groundbreaking and it was one of the last games to force you to use six axis before Sony gave it up. I literally got stuck on one part mashing all sorts of buttons trying to control a flying disk, only to go online and find out I was supposed to be moving the actual controller around.

I was not amused.

[quote name='Jodou']It was more of a cult hit than underrated. I personally didn't care for it other than Andy Serkis, because the gameplay wasn't groundbreaking and it was one of the last games to force you to use six axis before Sony gave it up. I literally got stuck on one part mashing all sorts of buttons trying to control a flying disk, only to go online and find out I was supposed to be moving the actual controller around.

I was not amused.[/QUOTE]

Heh, that's the same thing that happened to me. Sad thing is I was really enjoying the game up to that point. The Six-axis controls being a requirement really annoyed me. I didn't know how many instances of this there would be throughout the game so I just gave up on it. May give it a try again sometime soon because like most have said the combat was really fun.

The six-axis is not a requirement. There is a menu option to turn it off, in which case you control trajectory with the analog stick.

Actually, I probably enjoyed it more once I figured out you move the controller around. Before then, it was just annoying the crap out of me that I couldn't control anything. I got pretty good with my aim with it too.

[quote name='thelonepig']The six-axis is not a requirement. There is a menu option to turn it off, in which case you control trajectory with the analog stick.[/QUOTE]

I stopped playing this game after the first time it forced me to control an arrow with the SixAxis. I believe that was early in the game.

Never thought about checking the options to turn it off.

Back to my backlog stack you go, Heavenly Sword.

[quote name='thelonepig']The six-axis is not a requirement. There is a menu option to turn it off, in which case you control trajectory with the analog stick.[/QUOTE]
You'd have a point if they had a tutorial pop up and allowed you that option. For the rest of us who were clueless, we were stuck using wii controls. I'm just glad these games did poorly and six axis was put to rest early.

I enjoyed it also and had no issues using the six access control scheme. Good story line and the graphics were great for a release (or near release?) title. You can get it cheap at GS for 8.99 used if you can find one. I saw it the other day.

Great game while it lasted and was a fun 6 hours. The sixaxis parts were actually my favorite...once I jumped on gamefaqs and figured out why shit wasn't working that is...lolz.

[quote name='Jodou']You'd have a point if they had a tutorial pop up and allowed you that option. For the rest of us who were clueless, we were stuck using wii controls. I'm just glad these games did poorly and six axis was put to rest early.[/QUOTE]

Actually, he does have a point regardless. It is an option, which is his point.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Very underrated game. While it is a God Of War clone, I like it better than God Of War.

Solid story, appealing characters. Actors having fun chewing scenery. Andy Serkis does a great job as the villain and features Anna Torv as the heroine, pre-Fringe.

The action is good. I like the change-up in characters to give some variety and enjoyed using the repeating crossbow as a weapon. As said above, it is one of the few games that uses the SixAxis motion control to guide projectiles.[/QUOTE]

Completely agreed.

I like God of War(played all of the games), but this one just seemed sooo much better to me. It helped, I think, that the main character was relatable. Kratos is perhaps the most over-rated character in all of video games.

bread's done
Back