heavy rain $29.96 at walmart. ymmv?

jimivegas

CAGiversary!
photo.jpg

check your walmarts because I just saw this for $29.96. this looks like it may be ymmv. (i didnt know about this deal so if it has already been mentioned, mods please lock). is there a univeral price drop coming? this looks like a good price and i've been wanting to pick this up but dont know if this is a great price. however, this is the cheapest i've seen it new so i may grab it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the European move editon came with the following: Taxidermist playable scene, three dynamic cross media bar themes for your PS3, the full game stereo soundtrack and nine Making Of videos.

I do know that the making of videos were released for free download on PSN....

My Wal-Mart also had Uncharted 2 GOTY for $29.96 also. :D

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw the other thread :razz:

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Apparently the European move editon came with the following: Taxidermist playable scene, three dynamic cross media bar themes for your PS3, the full game stereo soundtrack and nine Making Of videos.

I do know that the making of videos were released for free download on PSN....[/QUOTE]

That's correct, although it was also released in Asia. The version I bought has English voices (only) and English or Trad. Chinese text/subtitles.

Nice, guessing this means it's about to hit GH. This game constantly shows up in my Amazon Gold Box for some reason so with any luck I'm hoping I can snag it for $25 or so from there once the price drop is official everywhere.

Can definately confirm that this is $29.99 @ the Walmart in Darien, IL. Thanks for the heads up on this!

I can confirm these deals at the Walmart in Spokane Valley, WA. I picked heavy rain up for 29.96! Been waitin for it to hit this price!

Heavy Rain isn't worth your time, so it's not even worth free. Terrible story, terrible dialogue / VA, terrible gameplay, terrible identity of Origami Killer, and just an overall terrible conclusion.

i would get it, to bad someone ruined the ending in the first post of a review. When i finaly forgot who it was i told my neigbor and he goes "OH, well it's ------" now i can't forget it . Is there any point still playing it.

great deal if you don't already have the game. i guess some people dislike it but personally i loved heavy rain and would buy it at full price

[quote name='jab1235']i would get it, to bad someone ruined the ending in the first post of a review. When i finaly forgot who it was i told my neigbor and he goes "OH, well it's ------" now i can't forget it . Is there any point still playing it.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, many people will tell you it's still worth playing, but I had the killer ruined by a troll here on CAG when the game first came out (douche actually posted it in a thread title) and it completely ruins the game. It's an amazing game but knowing the identity of the killer really takes away from the impact. Plus the game sort of betrays you in what it shows anyway, so there are some plot holes that left me kind of frustrated, even if you can replay it (you can argue they are intentional betrayals to the player by the character but it felt like a cheap trick to me by the devs).

[quote name='skubish']Wow I wish I could find this deal near me. The walmarts near me haven't changed their prices yet :([/QUOTE]

My Walmart has these games (HR and Uncharted) at the full price tag too. I let them rang it up and it came out $30.

[quote name='Thrinn']There was just the one DLC released. The developer was going to make more DLC chapters but Sony insisted that they work on adding Move support instead.[/QUOTE]
The DLC was perhaps the most disappointing DLC I've ever purchased. Criminally short, even to get all the endings - I think it took me 30 minutes total to play through all of them. Plus, they changed voice actors for the actress, and it was noticeably different - in a bad way.

Great game. It's not for everyone, but it's definitely worth $30.

I'm with the $19.99 crowd. Just not enough gameplay for me to pay more than that. I looooved the concept and the attempt at what they tried to do; I just wish they had included more actual game in it.

[quote name='thewizard07936']Got one. NJ Piscataway Walmart have plenty in stock. was marked 59.99[/QUOTE]

I just got this and Uncharted 2 GOTY at the Piscataway Walmart yesterday; they had it in 2 spots, and the other one was marked the new price. Thanks OP.

[quote name='thegreek']Why isn't amazon matching this yet??[/QUOTE]

Keep sending the lower price notice and I'm sure they'll match it soon.

Thanks OP; I had been waiting to get the game at this price.
My store even had the price printed out correctly on the display.

Picked mine up this morning in Salt Lake City, UT listed at $29! Played the demo with my wife and she was quite interested in the concept.

[quote name='thegreek']Why isn't amazon matching this yet??[/QUOTE]

Until the price shows up on Walmart.com or their weekly ad, I kind of doubt Amazon will bother. Hopefully this is a sign the game is about to hit GH and in that case, shouldn't be much longer till it's this price everywhere.

saw Heavy Rain, God of War III and Uncharted 2 GOTY for $29.96 each at WalMart up in Lilburn, Georgia on Lawrenceville Highway in the metro Atlanta area. I've got all of them, but in case anyone in the area was wondering... go check it out!

That's also the WalMart I managed to get Fallout 3 GOTY for $19.96 on a pricing mistake, so check all the prices for anything goofy while you're there.

[quote name='smokedphish']saw Heavy Rain, God of War III and Uncharted 2 GOTY for $29.96 each at WalMart up in Lilburn, Georgia on Lawrenceville Highway in the metro Atlanta area. I've got all of them, but in case anyone in the area was wondering... go check it out!

That's also the WalMart I managed to get Fallout 3 GOTY for $19.96 on a pricing mistake, so check all the prices for anything goofy while you're there.[/QUOTE]

GOW3 for $29 too? Man, I might need to stop at Walmart later...

Dropped to $29.96 at one of my WalMarts in Omaha, NE. They finally dropped Uncharted 2 to $29.96 as well.

Double score for me and bonus that the wife didn't give me a second glace when I got them from the case.

i can confirm for uncharted 2 GOTY but i did not see heavy rain but toy story 3 also dropped to $29.96 which i havent played but i heard was a respectable movie tie in which also has move controls and playstation exclusive content.

Yep, Heavy Rain went from $25, to $30.
God of War III and ModNation (with Sackboy code) were $30 each, so got those two (since I got Heavy Rain last week for $25 there). :bouncy:

Still thinking on getting Uncharted 2, since i already played it; but the GOTY is a nice deal for the price and the game's amazing in any case.

Also noticed that they had tons of LittleBigPlanet GOTY Editions (btoh regular cases and red cases) for $15; thinking on getting that too. :hot:

OK - here's a question...if you bought HR today, I understand that you can download the PS Move patch - but it's about 2GB. But if you imported the "Move" edition from outside the U.S. - I think it's safe to assume that patch is already on the disk...but does the game require the same "patch" data to be installed to the HDD?

The reason I ask is that I've still got a 60GB PS3, and space is quickly becoming a problem for me. If I can avoid it, I'd prefer not to have to take up an add'l 2GB of HDD space for just the Move patch (might not have a choice, though)

Any other pros/cons to importing the "Move" edition other than the obvious ~$10-15 price difference than the recently discounted US edition?

I don't have the PS Move yet, but was contemplating picking one up soon and figured I'd ask as this is one I'd like to play with the Move controller! :D

[quote name='Jimmypaine']OK - here's a question...if you bought HR today, I understand that you can download the PS Move patch - but it's about 2GB. But if you imported the "Move" edition from outside the U.S. - I think it's safe to assume that patch is already on the disk...but does the game require the same "patch" data to be installed to the HDD?[/QUOTE]

Both of them require an installation, and they are quite large. Regular HR needs 4.5GB (plus 2GB if you accept the patch) and Move Edition HR requires about 6.5GB (two installations, both required for play).

The other pros to importing besides the Move stuff would be the DLC, dynamic themes, soundtrack and making-of videos that also come on the disc.

I would consider upgrading your PS3's hard drive, if you can. It's only going to become more and more of a problem, Heavy Rain or not.

Grabbed it, thanks OP. Heading straight to the backlog, and I know I'll see it cheaper before I get to it, but I don't mind paying the premium to avoid the dreaded red box. Although I should say my Wally World had non-GH Demon's Souls for $20, which is a game I picked up for more to also avoid the red box. Grr.

Ok I'm at walmart and they have heavy rain, batman(goty), toy story 3, god of war 3, and modnation racers all for $29.96 I'm guessing this is the new wave of greatest hits

I'll chime in -

Just saw Heavy Rain, GOW III, and Uncharted 2: GOTY for 29.99 each at my local Walmart here in Orlando. Price change looks like a nation-wide thing - expect the other big boys to follow suit soon (Amazon, Target, etc. . .)

[quote name='Kazuya']Grabbed it, thanks OP. Heading straight to the backlog, and I know I'll see it cheaper before I get to it, but I don't mind paying the premium to avoid the dreaded red box. Although I should say my Wally World had non-GH Demon's Souls for $20, which is a game I picked up for more to also avoid the red box. Grr.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sad what we do to avoid those red boxes...they are hideous though. I have my games arranged by genre and these red boxes are really starting to fuck it up! I guess it's time for me to pick a couple of these up.

[quote name='FromChaos']Pretty sad what we do to avoid those red boxes...they are hideous though. I have my games arranged by genre and these red boxes are really starting to fuck it up! I guess it's time for me to pick a couple of these up.[/QUOTE]

Simple Solution: Genre by box color! :lol: (My collection sort of just ended up this way)

Picked up this and Uncharted 2 GOTY today, having come across these at the store. Plenty of these at Mt. Walmart (Lehighton, PA)

My poor backlog increases....

heavy rain 29.99 confirmed for san jose,ca. its cool because the cover is greatest hits version but the case is clear, so from the side it just looks like a black label game. oh and it has the move compatibility image in the top right corner.

uncharted 2 goty was still labeled 59.99 though.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Anyone know the price in Panorama City & Porter Ranch?[/QUOTE]

use store locator and call in. chances are its 29.99 since it even has greatest hits packaging.

Sony has announced Heavy Rain (also GOW3, Uncharted 2, and Modnation Racers) are now Greatest Hits titles. It has been retitled Heavy Rain: Director's Cut. I'm assuming that it has the Move add-on built in as well as the other features in the European Move Edition...

bread's done
Back