heavy rain $29.96 at walmart. ymmv?

jimivegas

CAGiversary!
photo.jpg

check your walmarts because I just saw this for $29.96. this looks like it may be ymmv. (i didnt know about this deal so if it has already been mentioned, mods please lock). is there a univeral price drop coming? this looks like a good price and i've been wanting to pick this up but dont know if this is a great price. however, this is the cheapest i've seen it new so i may grab it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rodster']If that's the case i'll wait for the GOTY Edition with the DLC included. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

There was only 1 DLC ever made for the game, and only because it was free w/Gamestop preorders and in the European Special Edition. It's still on the store for $5. It's a prequel for Madison that was actually the original gameplay demo shown to the press. It even has a different VO actress for Madison since it was done before the casting calls.

All plans for DLC were shelved when Sony demanded the game be made Move compatible.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Sony has announced Heavy Rain (also GOW3, Uncharted 2, and Modnation Racers) are now Greatest Hits titles. It has been retitled Heavy Rain: Director's Cut. I'm assuming that it has the Move add-on built in as well as the other features in the European Move Edition...[/QUOTE]

All of the bonus videos from the European SE are downloadable on the PSN Store.

[quote name='simmias']The DLC was perhaps the most disappointing DLC I've ever purchased. Criminally short, even to get all the endings - I think it took me 30 minutes total to play through all of them. Plus, they changed voice actors for the actress, and it was noticeably different - in a bad way.

Great game. It's not for everyone, but it's definitely worth $30.[/QUOTE]

The reason the VO actress for Madison is different in the DLC is because this was the original gameplay demo before the game was made. They hadn't done casting yet. They just reused the VO actress from the female lead for Indigo Prophecy, their previous title.

I'm sure this was never meant to be anything more than a tech demo until Sony needed DLC for Gamestop preorders & the European Special Edition.

bread's done
Back