Hello from Gogamer

Mike@Gogamer

Official Representative
Hey CAGs,

My name's Michael and I'm writing from my desk at Gogamer.com. Just flitting through the fora, we've noticed a lot of discussion, good and bad, pertaining to Gogamer, so we're officially stepping in to take your questions and feedback.

I may not be aware of all relevant threads, so don't hesitate to PM me with your feedback. BTW, If you have something negative to say, please be rhetorically creative!

Now, since this is the deals section, I suppose I should close my entree with today's Madness. I'm not really here as a solicitor, per se, but mods let me know if posting deals in an official capacity is errant from CAG guidelines :)

good time to get COD: World at War, imo.

Grip-it $3.90* - *After Coupon code - GRIP-IT $ 3.90
NAOS 3200 $49.90* - *After Coupon code - NAOS32 $ 49.90
X-Tatic SP Headset $59.90* - *After Coupon code - XTATIC $ 59.90
PC Police Simulator (I) $ 31.90
PS3 Fallout Vegas $ 49.90
Xbox 360 Fallout Vegas $ 49.90
PS3 Enslaved $ 49.90
Xbox 360 Enslaved $ 49.90
PS3 Medal of Honor Limited Edition $ 51.90
Xbox 360 Medal of Honor Limited Edition $ 51.90
PC Medal of Honor Limited Edition $ 49.90
PC Civilization V $ 41.90
PC Call of Duty World at War $ 17.90
PC Hidden & Dangerous 2 $ 0.90
PC Two Worlds $ 0.90
PC Crystal Key 2 $ 0.90
PC Neverend $ 0.90
PC Jericho $ 0.90
PC Mercenaries 2 $ 1.90
PC Warhammer Dawn of War GOTY $ 1.90
PC Dark Horizon (I) $ 1.90
PC Legendary $ 2.90
PC Velvet Assassin $ 2.90
PC CivCity Rome $ 2.90
PC Raven Squad $ 3.90
PC Stalker Clear Skies $ 3.90
PC Painkiller Black $ 3.90
PC Trine $ 3.90
PC Call of Duty Deluxe (I) $ 4.90
PS3 Fuel (I) $7.90 – Limit 1
Xbox 360 Supreme Commander $ 9.90
Xbox 360 Blood Bowl $9.90 – Limit 1
Xbox 360 Timeshift $7.90 – Limit 1
Xbox 360 Star Wars Clone Wars $9.90 – limit 1

http://www.gogamer.com/48-Hour-Madness_stcVVcatId553100VVviewcat.htm

I've ordered from GoGamer.com quite a few times over the course of the URL's existence, and I've never had a bad experience. :D

That said, I have not made many purchases from GoGamer.com in 2010 because I've found their S&H charges ($2.99 for 1st item, $2.00 per additional item) to be too high, especially when compared to the free S&H offered by competing sites such Amazon.com, NewEgg.com, and Buy.com. For instance, when I purchased the International PC version of Sacred 2 from GoGamer.com, I paid a total of $12.89 for the game, 1/4 of which was just the S&H charge. :drool:

GoGamer.com's $2.99+ charge can be a deal-breaker, especially on PC titles that can be purchased through digital services for similarly low prices, but that don't carry the S&H penalty. As others have mentioned, find a way to offer $0.99 S&H charges per item, or even waive S&H charges for orders above a certain dollar amount; or, even if GoGamer.com were to "hide" it's S&H charges by rolling them into the prices of all their SKU's, at least it would create the perception of zero S&H charges that competing sites are offering, which then goes on to alleviate the notion of "paying something for nothing."

Good proof of this concept can be seen on ebay.com, where it's a known fact that offering "Free Shipping" on item listings yields a much higher success rate for purchases.

Anyway, just my two cents. Keep up the good work! :applause:

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in: like others have said, what kills me is the shipping. It usually makes a deal lack-luster, and usually, for new games, we wants release-date shipping which Amazon offers at a lower cost than GoGamer. So, although your prices are often good, after I put in shipping, I often find I'm better off shopping elsewhere. Fix the shipping and you'll have me back buying all my games from you guys.

[quote name='Justin42']Just echoing the shipping complaint. But not just in cost, the last time I ordered from you guys, it took nearly 3 weeks to get my order. (possibly longer) I kept meaning to email to find out what happened but I was in the midst of a family medical crisis so following up on my cheap video games seemed like a pretty low priority. ;) I finally almost forgot about it before it showed up. I was pretty shocked it was mailed from CA (since I'm in CA too) so I don't know whether the post office totally screwed up or if it didn't really ship when it said it did, but it left a bit of a bad taste.

So while I wouldn't mind free shipping, there should be some service level expectations as well. I.e., if it IS free shipping but going out media mail (or equivalent) make sure that's explicitly stated...[/QUOTE]

I had a similar problem. By the time the order finally got to me, most retailers had lowered the price of the game and I no longer had gotten a bargain from GoGamer. Love you guys, but shipping has been a problem for me in the past as well.

[quote name='mortalgroove']I really like Gogamer, but like others have said, the shipping cost often deters me from completing an order. Not always, but pretty often. :(

P.S. Welcome to CAG! I am happy to see you here. :)[/QUOTE]

Ditto on both accounts

good feedback, guys.
I've read every post and will be taking notes going forward. So that I don't have to go dig up eveyone's comments, I'm thinking we should have one feedback thread so it's all in one place for me.....yeah?

Justin42, and anyone else with customer service issues, going forward please PM me with your order details and I can look into problems personally. I'm sorry you got your game so late, dude (surprised to hear it, too). How did that medical thing turn out?

I'm relieved that everyone understands we're not trying scam you when you get to the checkout and see the shipping. Rest assured that, while I can't comment on the "what" or "when" of it, we really are examining our options. We feel the need to be more competitive, but we also want to connect with gamers and provide promotions that you guys really dig.

I should reiterate that, while we aim to bring great promotions to gamers, we'll remain less competitive is some respects vis-a-vis relatively bigger players.

Also, thanks again to all our customers - past, present and future - who support Gogamer. I'll make an impassioned apostrophe to you all next time I get paid (an exiguous sum, though it is).

Hey Mike, welcome to the boards.

I've been a long-time GoGamer customer, and have never, personally speaking, had a bad transaction. Great deals during Madness sales, but as others have stated, sometimes shipping will kill a deal, mainly with console games.

It seems people can stomach the shipping costs when there are great PC game deals ($5-10). Same with great deals on console games that are around $20.

But it's different for newer console game deals. Fallout: New Vegas (PS3), for instance, is at a great price for $49.90. But when a customer factors in tax, this is where shipping kills the deal...as most people will look at Amazon's deal where they sell for $59.99, no tax, free shipping, and a $10 future game credit (not to mention DLC bonuses as well).

I think most people, like myself, would rather have an instant savings rather than a future game credit, and you guys do that, but if shipping costs can be significantly reduced, or free to compete with Amazon, that would be a great start.

Or perhaps like Amazon, give customers bonus credit incentives . Don't know if this is financially feasible for you guys...but trying to be as competitive as you can will go a long way. Josh and the guys at Kmart really have upped their sales drastically by doing these very same things.

1. Include shipping into your prices, making a price go up makes people ( especially here ) balk almost instantly.
2. Orders over $25 should have free shipping.
3. Could try something along the lines of "Pre-Order Fallout: New Vegas receive a $5 discount and free shipping on your next order"
4. Cut down on titles in consecutive 48 hour madnesses, maybe offer a CAB ( Create-A-Bundle ) and say pick 3 off a list of your excessively stocked games that you put in 2 or more consecutive madness deals and offer free shipping regardless of total.

I really want to support you guys but the shipping like others keeps me away a lot of the time. I would buy a game for $7 to my door but will not buy a game for $4 with $3 shipping, we are smart here and that makes us feel like you are trying to sneak one past us, we won't just buy items without checking to our door price so just build the shipping costs in.

Not to get off topic but do you guys who keep mentioning Amazon actually think that's who Gogamer is competing with?

AND, why would they possibly have a free shipping at 25 bucks, which is as far as a multi billion dollar company like Amazon would go? Do you have any idea how much money they'd lose COMPARED to Amazon.

Take an economics class.

Just wanted to throw my take out there: I really don't mind paying $3 shipping when I buy something, since to me $3 shipping paired with a game I really want at, say, $2.90 is, in most cases, still a pretty good deal. It's the shipping cost PER ITEM tacked on that slays my will to spend sometimes.

My biggest complaint with GoGamer has been shipping as well. Other than that, great service. Maybe you guys can do a promo where you are looking to unload shit games and if we buy a certain game shipping is free.

For example let's say we bought Halo Reach at the going rate we pay shipping but if we bought a turd like Lair (could be any other game you have a huge stock of) shipping is free on the order. :bouncy:

i personally love your site and i actually think the shipping is reasonable, considering the tracking, packaging and actual shipping. but when i buy in bulk the shipping could get a bit high.

Nice promotion coupon on the Gript-it. $1 off coupon worked for 2 orders and shipping was the same price for 2 units as 1 unit. Total order $10.79.

I would encourage caution using GoGamer.com heres why.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4011-5_7-310071.html?tag=untagged

I for one think the market place is saturated with great deals NewEgg, Amazon.com and every retailer is giving out $20 gift cards with purchases.

What worries me the most is this. Quoted directly from their return page.

Return Authorization
To request a Return Authorization Number (RA#) for an item, please log into "Your Account" on the store from which your purchase was made. Then choose the appropriate order number to process a return request for the item within the return period stated above.
Returns will not be accepted without a RA number. RA numbers will expire after 10 days, and the item will not be accepted if it is returned after that timeframe. Please include the RA number on the outside of the shipping package. (Please do not write directly on the manufacturer's box).
Returning an item(s) may change or void coupon discounts or refunds currently appearing on an order.
For your protection, please send your return prepaid via a shipping service that can be tracked, such as UPS. Please be sure to keep your receipt. We cannot guarantee refunds for returns sent via a non-traceable method.
Credits are processed upon confirmation of the return by our suppliers. Please allow up to two billing cycles for the return credit to appear on your credit card statement. If credit cannot be issued to your credit card, a store credit will be issued.

!!

So we get credited aka money back not when GoGamer.com gets the game back but when "their supplier" authorizes it.

I have seen alot in the retail business but nothing like this. So they are in essence a 3rd party re-seller.

Maybe Mike would like to clarify this and shed some light on it.

Welcome Mike, I really like GoGamer and have bought many things over the last few years. Just wanted to say "keep it up", think you guys are doing a great job. As far as S&H goes, usually in my opinion, your deals make up for the charging of shipping. Just my 2 cents.

Seems like the guys at GoGamer.com have discovered promoting their website on Gaming Forums here is a similar post.

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42053&start=80

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jason Williams and I am the Marketing Director for GoGamer.com. This thread has some to my attention and there are lots of positive comments about GoGamer.com here. Thank you for that.

I just recently joined the GoGamer.com team, but I see that Ars Technica is an Affiliate of ours. We do indeed have some great deals on games and accessories. I apologize to all Ars members if the link that was posted here doesn't work. I hope to talk to the web administrator for Ars to make sure we fix that. If anyone knows who I should contact that would be great. My email is [email protected].

Thanks for the great comments and thanks for the business!

Best Regards,

Jason Williams
Marketing Director
GoGamer.com

[quote name='MrYouTube']Seems like the guys at GoGamer.com have discovered promoting their website on Gaming Forums here is a similar post.

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=42053&start=80

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jason Williams and I am the Marketing Director for GoGamer.com. This thread has some to my attention and there are lots of positive comments about GoGamer.com here. Thank you for that.

I just recently joined the GoGamer.com team, but I see that Ars Technica is an Affiliate of ours. We do indeed have some great deals on games and accessories. I apologize to all Ars members if the link that was posted here doesn't work. I hope to talk to the web administrator for Ars to make sure we fix that. If anyone knows who I should contact that would be great. My email is [email protected].

Thanks for the great comments and thanks for the business!

Best Regards,

Jason Williams
Marketing Director
GoGamer.com[/QUOTE]

No shame in that. Look what it's done for K-mart around here.

Welcome to the forums!

I've never had any problems ordering with GoGamer. The shipping sn't too much of a big deal for me since the prices are already pretty good.

[quote name='Eldredpe']No shame in that. Look what it's done for K-mart around here.[/QUOTE]

Kmart gives all of us $25 gift cards. Thats what put them through the roof.

[quote name='oasisboy']Annual sales of DeepDiscount.com = $147.1 million from Sep 09 - Sep 10 with 600 employees

From hoovers.com (need premium access to enter Hoovers)

http://premium.hoovers.com.ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu/subscribe/basic/factsheet.xhtml?ID=trschfs

Annual sales of amazon.com = $24.5 BILLION with 24,300 employees in 2009.

http://premium.hoovers.com.ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu/subscribe/co/factsheet.xhtml?ID=hrcsyxxckchhyf

Anything else? You don't fuk with me! :cool:[/QUOTE]

you can't really compare anybody directly to amazon because that would mean pretty much anyone else is small.

I mean if a company has $500M in sales, sure that's only 1/50 of what amazon does but I would hardly call that small...

anyway $150M is big enough to negotiate deals with shipping companies. Compare that $150M to whatever DD gets, and maybe we get a better picture.

I have ordered a couple games from GoGamer in the past year and had no problems at all. Just to echo everybody else I also think your shipping kills a lot of your deals. I know I would order a lot more games from you guys if the shipping charge was not so high.

If you offered $10 off or credit for the PC version of Fallout New Vegas I would cancel my Amazon preorder in a heartbeat and order from you guys. Not many retailers do new PC game credits or discounts so GoGamer might be able to corner a niche in that regard.

Good luck and its always nice to see some competition other than the stalwarts like amazon, gamestop, walmart, etc....

good questions in here that I will definitely jump on tomorrow when I get to work. Keep 'em coming, guys. I'll be here.

I like Gogamer's PC deals. :applause:
...but I'd like to know if you still have a guy there that drives a mini cooper with GoGamer.com. I used to see him driving around my neighborhood.

[quote name='Brownjohn']The biggest issue that most people have is the shipping costs. The prices are great for a lot of items, but shipping kills most of the deals.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Dont know how many deals Ive seen on there and was excited till I saw the shipping that then didnt make it worth to me at all. Or I would only save like a buck or two at best but Id rather pay a dollar or two and deal with amazon because they would get it to me quicker and had better customer service.

Last time I bought something gogamer sent me a import copy and despite me never openeing it wanted to charge me a restocking fee and pay out of my own pocket to send it back. By the time it was done I would have lost money on the deal. Granted a import pc game would have played on my pc but that wasnt the point.

Plus most deals arent that great compared to lots of other sites anymore. Amazon usually has a good deal and newegg has been doing 10 bucks off a lot of major titles lately with free shipping.

[quote name='MrYouTube']Kmart gives all of us $25 gift cards. Thats what put them through the roof.[/QUOTE]

I hate gift card offers myself. I would rather have 20 off a game right away then a 25 dollar one for next purchase. Especially when it comes to games because there are few games worth my pre ordering I may sit on that card for awhile before I use it since I have most stuff I want. I would rather pay less for a game I want now then pay full price for it and then wait to use the card later. Especially when dealing with online orders. If I could get a gift card for a actual store I could go in then it wouldnt be so bad. But in the case of like kmart, that place is a pit and they dont have anything I want really. Or like toys r us they cost to much and have a small selection, I can find better deals on most things other places.

True I can save on the next game I want but if I let the game come out 9 out of 10 times in 6 weeks I can find it a lot less than just 25 bucks off. Like I got alpha protocol for 16 dollars new last week and you can find CE of like alan wake for 35-40 bucks

Have you guys looked into being included in the various pre-order bonuses that certain games have? For example, preordering Fallout 3: New Vegas from various retailers gives you bonus armor and weapons. Might help you guys as far as sales go, not to mention getting on the map more, if you could get some publishers to include you guys in those promotions.

[quote name='Unicorntard']I have 2 "complaints"... shipping costs and the selection of games on the 48 hour madness deals. The games are usually the same ones as the last 48 hr madness before it.

I think you guys do a great job though.... keep it up![/QUOTE]

I'd agree with the lack of variety in these 48 Hour Madness things. It's gotten to the point that I practically skim through anything less than $10, because it's almost always the same. Hate to say it, but while GoGamer may intend for it to look like they're giving out some incredible deals, it instead gives the impression that they are desperate to offload a bunch of shovelware.

(They should change the name of the deal anyways. I haven't seen a sale actually be "48 hours" in like 3 years.)

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']The real struggle there is the classic David v. Goliath scenario, not that I'm demonizing our competition. But the fact is they get waaay better shipping rates with the same carriers because their volume makes us look like an insect. Second, they can take losses on various product lines to hook customers into the program and make a buck on something else. Again, we just don't have the extra margin to use that tactic.

Nonetheless, you are correct. We are def paying the price.[/QUOTE]

If free shipping can't be done, perhaps you need to come up with some other ways of incentivizing sales and getting loyal customers. For example, maybe with certain preorders you can get a coupon for free shipping on your next purchase. If you and Best Buy have the same price to preorder, that gives you a slight edge and encourages someone to buy something else from you.

Of course, there is always the popular point system. ie $1 = 10 points, 1000 points = $10 giftcard or somesuch.

[quote name='oasisboy']Annual sales of DeepDiscount.com = $147.1 million from Sep 09 - Sep 10 with 600 employees

From hoovers.com (need premium access to enter Hoovers)

http://premium.hoovers.com.ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu/subscribe/basic/factsheet.xhtml?ID=trschfs

Annual sales of amazon.com = $24.5 BILLION with 24,300 employees in 2009.

http://premium.hoovers.com.ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu/subscribe/co/factsheet.xhtml?ID=hrcsyxxckchhyf

Anything else? You don't fuk with me! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yes, get me all of GoGamer's financials, all of DD's financials, and prepare a 15 page report comparing thei-shut up.

Anyways, free shipping is an easy way to lose a large amount of profit/sink your company. Just provide awesome CS, and all is gravy!

out of my 3 times of doing business with gogamer I've only had one order go bad where they messed up my shipment and I ended up getting someone elses order and I failed to receive contact in e-mail so I dealt with the losses and gave my buddy half of the order since it was duplicates of a game. but the other 2 dealings I had with gogamer were fine and if they have more stuff on sale that piques my interest I'm willing to bite.

I've ordered from GoGamer a few times over the years without any problems. I particularly like that they carried European imports for PC games (Sacred and Sacred 2 core games and addons). Not beating a dead horse, but shipping has been my main snaggle with orders. Mike, if GoGamer can do free/reduced shipping for orders over $25 or even lower and eventually free shipping on incremented order of +$25 ($25, $50, $75, etc.) I'd be all over that.

For what it's worth, I've ordered from Play-Asia and DeepDiscount and I'm used to waiting for ~14+ days for orders that used cheap or free shipping, so perhaps that's something we should also factor into the shipping suggestions. Specifically, what are people's thresholds for lower/free shipping versus shipping time and packaging (packets, boxes, etc.)?

Anyway, thanks for reading our feedback, Mike. Much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrYouTube']Kmart gives all of us $25 gift cards. Thats what put them through the roof.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but those deals originated with SHC-Gamer making a concerted effort to reach out to the gaming community on a personal level, which made a lot of CAGs very receptive to giving the K-mart deals a chance.

gogamer has excellent shipping speed.. they quoted me up to 10 business days and it almost always arrives within 2.

I've also had only good dealings with Gogamer. I am also wondering if you guys will be getting in an import edition of two worlds II on or around October 21st. The game has been delayed until Jan 4th in the U.S. and U.K. but is still being released in a multi-5 (including English) edition in continental Europe. I know you often have import games but I haven't seen this one on your site.

Alot of us are paying for Amazon Prime so we get 2 day shipping on everything we buy provided we pay the yearly fee. Maybe you guys could make a shipping plan like that?

[quote name='Fire_Thief']If you give us free shipping we would all shop from you a lot more.[/QUOTE]

This man is right on. 95% of my online shopping is done on Amazon and why is that? Free shipping on orders above $25. It makes shopping more convenient honestly and even Gamestop offers it. Think about it GoG.

You guys have some great deals but the best games in the 48 hour sales are always instantly sold out. It would be nice if you could continue to sell the game for the 48 hours at that price and just ship it out when you get it back in stock. Also, giving out free shipping to orders over $25 like Amazon will always encourage people to buy more stuff.

Man, people love them two words

FREE SHIPPING

I think the madness sales from now on should just be 20% over msrp, but give free shipping...

Free is a powerful word in business, even if the price is the same in the end. It's understandable to compare the final price, but some people are just irrationally insistent on seeing the words "free shipping" regardless of the final price. I think that some people on here would be more inclined to buy a game for $10 with free shipping than the same game for $5 with $3 shipping in a blind comparison.

I find the dirt cheap shipping option to be pretty reasonable, especially when I'm using it to buy games for less than $5 sometimes.

I always look forward to the gogamer email to showcase the great sales.... it is just that the shipping costs are killing me. I go back and forth from my free amazon shipping back to the gogamer site to agonize over which is the best deal. Amazon usually wins over on the pre-orders and new releases. I would purchase a whole lot more from gogamer if the shipping was Free, discounted or, as someone has already stated, free shipping over a certain amount (FS over $25 would be a great start)!

Welcome to GoGamer!

I haven't had a huge history of purchases with you guys but you've done me well so far.

In my past I've purchased
4 copies of Unreal Anthology (had to do them individually cause of limit 1 per customer :whistle2:/)
and
4 copies of Starcraft with Brood War Expansion pack

On each of the 4 individual shipping packages you guys pitched in games for free which I thought was cool. I got 2 copies of Hidden and Dangerous 2 out of the box (which is awesome) and 2 copies of those $3 chess and slots games (which is not very awesome but still free)

So good job so far, keep it up and I'll keep looking for great deals for my video gaming business in AZ.

-FrankCastleAZ

My last order from GoGamer (a 360 game that was supposedly new) arrived with a busted case. It looked like someone stepped on a corner, grabbed the other end of the case and yanked up on it. It was also shrinkwrapped, not folded wrapped - which most people on here associate with a game that has been resealed.

I realize that the busted case could have happened during shipping, and in theory could happen to any shipment. Unfortunately, in years of buying games and DVDs from Amazon, Newegg, etc., nothing has arrived in such poor condition as this order from GoGamer.

When I called, GoGamer could have won me over by sending me a prepaid mailer to return the damaged game and then sent me a new replacement. I guess they couldn't do that, because they were sold out of the game, and remained sold out for MONTHS. Second best would have been to just refund my money in full (it was

[quote name='Eldredpe']Yeah, but those deals originated with SHC-Gamer making a concerted effort to reach out to the gaming community on a personal level, which made a lot of CAGs very receptive to giving the K-mart deals a chance.[/QUOTE]

Which is ironically what MrYoutube seems to be attempting to dismantle: GoGamer's efforts to reach out to its consumer base. He brags about Kmart's recent efforts and offers (which are great), yet neglects the path from which they came from. Oddly enough, his apparent crusade of subterfuge seems aimed at trivializing such efforts by GoGamer because he's speaking like they're spreading the word all over the net as of now. Jason from GoGamer already established the "GoGamer rep" role, so I don't know what he's getting at by posting that Ars link with the angle of "breaking news". Mike's doing a good thing, here, and it's a shame someone is itching to tear that down.

MrYouTube, you'll have better success with a mounted assault against a company with a group on Facebook. Your feedback seems more like defamation. Seriously, sarcasm and wit aside, why the passionate disdain for GoGamer, man? They owe you money, rip you off or what, you obviously have a vendetta, here...?? You Googled Mike to find an Ars posting? Why? You are definitely in a minority, although I'm sure your "feedback" is appreciated. Honestly, I think constructive posts would help instead of your trio of posts aimed at undermining the company.

Anyways, Mike, sans the drama, I'd echo the sound and beat the horse that is the shipping, however like a few have said, feel if you include it in the total price, psychologically, it's easier to swallow. A $9.90 game with $3 shipping is something I automatically expect so when I see your prices, I think of my purchase as $13 without even putting it in the cart, for example. Just displaying '$13 with free shipping' seems, on paper, like a better deal (subconsciously). I've bought maybe 6-8 items from you guys over the last 1.5 years or so, too. I just have a certain mentality that is used to judge your sales, and I add in shipping, mentally, then judge the final price.

Beyond that, shipping times have been about a week or so, for me in IL. Nothing too bad, and I don't pay taxes. I often still find some games to be a good deal, however, when they're $20 with $3 shipping for $30 MSRP items. $23 beats $30, especially when all the other hitters are still peddling $30. But as you can see, some people here may even pay $24 with free shipping instead. Odd how that can work...

I'd say one key thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is this: I have added another $10-15 of items to my cart on Amazon just to get free shipping on occasion...items I've been wanting but just thought, what the hell, this way it's free shipping. You guys have these $20 games or $10 games, and normally someone knows they're going to swallow the shipping costs no matter their purchase result, so they hit checkout. If they had to work towards a total (like Amazon's $25) then you might just get people with "impulse-free-shipping" purchases. I know I'm not the only one. Maybe just start with 99 cent shipping for $30+ or 4+ items and test it during one madness, and watch the numerical data for validation?

[quote name='ryanflucas']Alot of us are paying for Amazon Prime so we get 2 day shipping on everything we buy provided we pay the yearly fee. Maybe you guys could make a shipping plan like that?[/QUOTE]

I dont think thats a good idea because prime is still expensive even if its only a 1 time yearly fee for alot of people.
I'd Rather get free shipping and wait a couple extra more days, no big deal.
I think I speak for alot when I say that we the true cheap asses dont care if it takes 4-5 days for the game to arrive rather pay almost a 100 dollars for a yearly "prime" like subscription and get the game delivered in 2 days.

I love GoGamer.com. Been buying from them for years. But here recently, I've joined Amazon Prime and while you are competitive with them, free 2-day shipping from Amazon seals the deal.

If you offered free shipping more often, or something to that effect, you'd be my instant go-to shop.

for simply having the balls to come out and ask your customers what they want and to tell you what they do not like about your business, shows a great deal of courage and appreciation for your customer base. throwing your cahoneys out there will earn you some of my business just for doing so.

bread's done
Back