Hello from Gogamer

Mike@Gogamer

Official Representative
Hey CAGs,

My name's Michael and I'm writing from my desk at Gogamer.com. Just flitting through the fora, we've noticed a lot of discussion, good and bad, pertaining to Gogamer, so we're officially stepping in to take your questions and feedback.

I may not be aware of all relevant threads, so don't hesitate to PM me with your feedback. BTW, If you have something negative to say, please be rhetorically creative!

Now, since this is the deals section, I suppose I should close my entree with today's Madness. I'm not really here as a solicitor, per se, but mods let me know if posting deals in an official capacity is errant from CAG guidelines :)

good time to get COD: World at War, imo.

Grip-it $3.90* - *After Coupon code - GRIP-IT $ 3.90
NAOS 3200 $49.90* - *After Coupon code - NAOS32 $ 49.90
X-Tatic SP Headset $59.90* - *After Coupon code - XTATIC $ 59.90
PC Police Simulator (I) $ 31.90
PS3 Fallout Vegas $ 49.90
Xbox 360 Fallout Vegas $ 49.90
PS3 Enslaved $ 49.90
Xbox 360 Enslaved $ 49.90
PS3 Medal of Honor Limited Edition $ 51.90
Xbox 360 Medal of Honor Limited Edition $ 51.90
PC Medal of Honor Limited Edition $ 49.90
PC Civilization V $ 41.90
PC Call of Duty World at War $ 17.90
PC Hidden & Dangerous 2 $ 0.90
PC Two Worlds $ 0.90
PC Crystal Key 2 $ 0.90
PC Neverend $ 0.90
PC Jericho $ 0.90
PC Mercenaries 2 $ 1.90
PC Warhammer Dawn of War GOTY $ 1.90
PC Dark Horizon (I) $ 1.90
PC Legendary $ 2.90
PC Velvet Assassin $ 2.90
PC CivCity Rome $ 2.90
PC Raven Squad $ 3.90
PC Stalker Clear Skies $ 3.90
PC Painkiller Black $ 3.90
PC Trine $ 3.90
PC Call of Duty Deluxe (I) $ 4.90
PS3 Fuel (I) $7.90 – Limit 1
Xbox 360 Supreme Commander $ 9.90
Xbox 360 Blood Bowl $9.90 – Limit 1
Xbox 360 Timeshift $7.90 – Limit 1
Xbox 360 Star Wars Clone Wars $9.90 – limit 1

http://www.gogamer.com/48-Hour-Madness_stcVVcatId553100VVviewcat.htm

[quote name='daroga']Maybe this is too obvious, or not desirable, but what about building shipping into the prices?

It sounds stupid, even to me, but I know a $3.50 game with free shipping can sound more appealing than a $1.50 game + $2.00 shipping. Work to get your shipping rates a little bit more reasonable, and changing your pricing policy to something along these lines would seem to work out well. Then you can advertise free shipping on every item all the time and not jerk someone from a "great deal" to being bummed by shipping at checkout.

And maybe that could lead to some volume discounts. "Buy 4 games get $3 off" or something. That way the first price people see is always the MAXIMUM they will pay for an item, and could even go lower.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned that a few pages back, or was it a couple pages back, I forget.

[quote name='Squarehard']I mentioned that a few pages back, or was it a couple pages back, I forget.[/QUOTE]

Congrats you don't have a monopoly on having ridiculously obvious ideas.

[quote name='oasisboy']And you were the one that likes to make false accusations (such as me demanding Bronson to provide data to justify my argument, which I never did, what I asked was for him to provide data about his own business). I honestly think you need to learn how to read (or spend more time reading) before making accusations.

You also kept demanding unobtainable data concerning go gamer. You just like to demand and demand data but you don't do as you speak. That's not meant to knock you down, I honestly think that's how you are.[/QUOTE]

What, no numbered points?

Dude, you TOLD Bronson to "do his homework"...it's sad you can't recall your own posts, let alone mine. Go reread it, you said "do your own homework" in regards to GoGamer's data. Jesus. And stop with this "I know you are but what am I"...every post made near or about you is flipped around by you into some sly retort that fails to deliver any meaning.

But here's what's sad. You proved yourself wrong with the actual nail in the coffin. You said GoGamer can do free shipping because companies X and Y can and they have revenue A and B. Several of us pointed out that doesn't prove anything about GoGamer's numbers/ability to do free shipping, you have no numbers for THEM, so how can you prove they're comparable. You replied "Well, I don't have their numbers" ...EXACTLY, you can't prove anything. Concession, dude.

Your argument fell flat on its face and you're the one that pushed it over, you built up all this fervent steam with costs/revenue with OTHER companies but couldn't connect a line to GoGamer because you have no data on them, so your argument is empty. Done. Over. Summary: You started spewing garbage arguments about GoGamer's costs/size, and when you were asked to step up to the plate to prove it, you couldn't. Bronson told you that burden is on you because it was YOUR argument. You saying "bu-bu-but I don't have that proof" is self-ownage.

[quote name='manicbomber']Congrats you don't have a monopoly on having ridiculously obvious ideas.[/QUOTE]

Are you stupid or just incompetent?

[quote name='oasisboy']You are totally missing the point. If Deep Discount can afford free shipping, then gogamer should be able to find a way to achieve this because both companies are about the same size (don't ask for data about gogamer, do your own homework).

I was comparing gogamer to deep discount not to amazon.com[/QUOTE]

Just in case your amnesia sets in, Oasisboy.

Checkmate.

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']I would like to hear what others think about this.

And am actually aware of that thread because I've been reading what ya'll've been saying. So now I'm here taking colloquial contractions to a new level.[/QUOTE]

I think the "Groupon" shipping strategy is brilliant. But it would require not only the promise of free shipping but also a great deal on a popular game.

[quote name='BWS1982']Just in case your amnesia sets in, Oasisboy.

Checkmate.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you are cracking me up. I am going to be a better man and not bother with you. You have too much free time to dig up my posts (thanks for the attention, I like it :cool:) and make interpretations. Spend your energy on getting Obama reelected in 2012 (I am guessing you support him based on your avatar).

I am done as I don't want a mod to get mad at me for our never ending discussion.

[quote name='oasisboy']Dude, you are cracking me up. I am going to be a better man and not bother with you. You have too much free time to dig up my posts (thanks for the attention, I like it :cool:) and make interpretations. Spend your energy on getting Obama reelected in 2012 (I am guessing you support him based on your avatar).

I am done as I don't want a mod to get mad at me for our never ending discussion.[/QUOTE]

If they were going to get mad, it would have happened 5 pages ago ;P

[quote name='oasisboy']Dude, you are cracking me up. I am going to be a better man and not bother with you. You have too much free time to dig up my posts (thanks for the attention, I like it :cool:) and make interpretations. Spend your energy on getting Obama reelected in 2012 (I am guessing you support him based on your avatar).

I am done as I don't want a mod to get mad at me for our never ending discussion.[/QUOTE]

Oh stop, take it like a man, you were wrong, troll. The 20 seconds to find your fallacy wasn't "free time", and no one "made interpretations"...You were blatantly full of crap and you're just butthurt. Just deal with it so we can continue aiding any possible improvements for GoGamer.

I'm actually eager to see the coming months, especially Black Friday, to see if we can help shape any changes for the company. Maybe something can be done here with our help, maybe not, but bickering won't aid anything.

[quote name='Squarehard']Are you stupid or just incompetent?[/QUOTE]

I think his point was that this idea has been suggested several times. And more importantly, it should be blatantly obvious to the fine people at GoGamer; something they thought of themselves.

There's already one troll fight going on in here, no need to start a second one.

Peace, my cheapass friends.

[quote name='gcorlett']
There's already one troll fight going on in here, no need to start a second one.
[/QUOTE]

I don't really consider this a fight. It's really more of a friendly conversation compared to all the other conversations in this thread.

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']ahh, it's good to get direct feedback. Thanks for the support!

The shipping I see you guys talking about a whole lot, and it's one thing I'm personally very interested in taking another look at. We know it's killing us and it's killing you guys, so I've got support from the CFO and the Warehouse Manager to really dig into it and look for ways to improve.[/QUOTE]

Mike, if GoGamer can provide shipping options similar to Amazon.com. For example free shipping for orders $20 and up. It makes me afraid just thinking about how much money I would spend on your site.

[quote name='DealHunter']Mike, if GoGamer can provide shipping options similar to Amazon.com. For example free shipping for orders $20 and up. It makes me afraid just thinking about how much money I would spend on your site.[/QUOTE]

Bahahah this is exactly what I was thinking...only because this happens on every other site that has it... :oops:

Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry, it's been a busy, busy week. Actually some good ideas in here.

You might already know we put together a ridiculous deal on DR2 for PC. Check it out at TheKartel.com. And going forward, I recommend you guys keep an eye on them.

Gotta go, but will be checking in again soon.

Mike@GoGamer

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry, it's been a busy, busy week. Actually some good ideas in here.

You might already know we put together a ridiculous deal on DR2 for PC. Check it out at TheKartel.com. And going forward, I recommend you guys keep an eye on them.

Mike@GoGamer[/QUOTE]

Mike also keep those imports in stock especially those that will never see the light of day in the U.S. Better yet have an entire PC import section would be so user friendly. The imports are one of the key things that makes GoGamer.com so appealing.

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry, it's been a busy, busy week. Actually some good ideas in here.

Mike@GoGamer[/QUOTE]How about putting together ridiculous deals in conjunction with CAG? I hate to see referral money going to some site other than CAG, so partnering on promotions with CAG would be better to see.

[quote name='shrike4242']How about putting together ridiculous deals in conjunction with CAG? I hate to see referral money going to some site other than CAG, so partnering on promotions with CAG would be better to see.[/QUOTE]

I agree. That's why I never mentioned it because it seemed disingenuous to broadcast it on CAG's bandwidth, but then I saw it got picked up anyway.

We do promo's in a lot of places, but def do not want to give umbrage to CAG.

It's been almost two weeks since the official rep joined CAG, but I don't see any improvements on Gogamer deals.
The only thing I see is the Kartel-partnered deal on Dead Rising 2 which has nothing to do with CAG.

Email today from gogamer.com had free shipping offers on Cities XL 2011, Fallout New Vegas, MOH for the 360, and Dragon Age bundle for PC.

A step in the right direction! Hats off, GoGamer.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']It's been almost two weeks since the official rep joined CAG, but I don't see any improvements on Gogamer deals.
The only thing I see is the Kartel-partnered deal on Dead Rising 2 which has nothing to do with CAG.[/QUOTE]

It takes time as they have to evaluate different potential marketing strategies to see what works best without worrying too much about financial loses. The fact that they have a rep here at all who is looking for feedback, honest suggestions, and trying to address concerns is a positive sign already.

[quote name='rawrker']It takes time as they have to evaluate different potential marketing strategies to see what works best without worrying too much about financial loses. The fact that they have a rep here at all who is looking for feedback, honest suggestions, and trying to address concerns is a positive sign already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when I wrote that I somehow thought they were gamedealdaily and GoGamer at the same time.:rofl:
And that wasn't a joke, or any means of being funny.

Hey guys, back again. I really wanted to be on here more often, but we've had some challenges to handle launching a new platform. You'll hear about it soon. In the meantime, I'm here to take questions and give feedback.

On the question of shipping, I want to make three official statements:

1) I am not authorized to make any promises about new programs

2) We need data from our carriers to move forward (they seem not to be in a hurry), but we remain aware of your feedback and genuinely interested in improving our service.

3) While we will be offering new promotions in the short run, enacting sweeping changes in our current programs will take time.

Again, I appreciate your participation in our effort to keep an open line of communication with the CAG community. Thanks for your honest feedback. I welcome all your comments, questions, and suggestions.

MT

[quote name='Mike@Gogamer']Hey guys, back again. I really wanted to be on here more often, but we've had some challenges to handle launching a new platform. You'll hear about it soon. In the meantime, I'm here to take questions and give feedback.

On the question of shipping, I want to make three official statements:

1) I am not authorized to make any promises about new programs

2) We need data from our carriers to move forward (they seem not to be in a hurry), but we remain aware of your feedback and genuinely interested in improving our service.

3) While we will be offering new promotions in the short run, enacting sweeping changes in our current programs will take time.

Again, I appreciate your participation in our effort to keep an open line of communication with the CAG community. Thanks for your honest feedback. I welcome all your comments, questions, and suggestions.

MT[/QUOTE]

Did the lawyers get a hold of you or something, Mike?

Kiddin'. Thanks again for participating on the forum!

bread's done
Back