Help: Cell phone repair in Toronto

Wolfkin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
-- Non-Gaming --

So this is off topic but it's Canada-centric, and I don't have many forums I use that are Canadian. Can anyone recommend any place I might get the USB port on my phone repaired in Toronto?

I got an HTC Maple in January and now a month later the USB port is completely FUBAR. The nice girl
and I mean that in every possible sense of the word
at wind suggested that I could get the port repaired and since she actually suggested it I'm hoping it's not something prohibitively expensive.

So wind won't replace the handset? Have you tried contacting HTC to see whether or not it falls under their warranty? It's only a month old so HTC might fix it for you:

http://www.htc.com/ca/support/hotline

In what way is the USB port borked? Is it physically damaged? Or did it just stop working all together for no apparent reason?

You can always take it to a place like Pacific Mall and see if one of those phone shops in the mall will repair it, but that can be a potential "Buyer Beware" situation, especially when dealing with cell phone vendors/dealers who might charge you an arm and a leg for repairs.

Based on my OTHER phone with a messed up USB port I know Wind only honors the Huawei warranties with handset swaps. My first phone is a Huawei but no store has a replacement so I had to get this Maple. Still if I had bought this phone from Wind I would take it back but I bought from a buy on Craigslist. right now the only part of the packaging I can't find is the manual and warranty cards so while I look for that I'm trying to explore alternatives.

I need to blog about this because it's absolutely insane my life. This phone since I got it apparently has had this problem and I'm not even sure the seller would have known. Basically the phone worked fine the only issue i had was when I plugged in the wired headset it would do this incredibly odd thing. It would redial randomly. I eventually figured out that if you wiggled the jack it would redial. Obviously not ideal for mp3 playing but I didn't think it was unlivable. I found a smooth riding pocket and lived with it. What was really happening was somehow the port which has this little black tab inside was loose or some such and now that little tab broke off and I didn't realize it and now all my pins (that now lack support) are completely bent all over the place.

[quote name='Wolfkin']

Based on my OTHER phone with a messed up USB port I know Wind only honors the Huawei warranties with handset swaps. My first phone is a Huawei but no store has a replacement so I had to get this Maple. Still if I had bought this phone from Wind I would take it back but I bought from a buy on Craigslist. right now the only part of the packaging I can't find is the manual and warranty cards so while I look for that I'm trying to explore alternatives.

I need to blog about this because it's absolutely insane my life. This phone since I got it apparently has had this problem and I'm not even sure the seller would have known. Basically the phone worked fine the only issue i had was when I plugged in the wired headset it would do this incredibly odd thing. It would redial randomly. I eventually figured out that if you wiggled the jack it would redial. Obviously not ideal for mp3 playing but I didn't think it was unlivable. I found a smooth riding pocket and lived with it. What was really happening was somehow the port which has this little black tab inside was loose or some such and now that little tab broke off and I didn't realize it and now all my pins (that now lack support) are completely bent all over the place.[/QUOTE]

Cell Mate Kiosk (Opposite Rexall Drug Store)
Atrium on Bay, Concourse level

20 Dundas Street West (Young/Dundas)
595 Bay Street (Dundas/Bay)

416.597.1900 or

and

Cell Mate Kiosk
(opposite Shoppers Drug Mart)
Scarborough Town Center, Lower Level

Wolfkin, you can find many repair shops in Pacific Mall at Kennedy & Steeles. Might be a decent alternative if the Cell Mate Kiosk is a little far for you. I've had few repairs done in the past.

the cell phone USB port

these cell phone repair parts are as good as the original one.

3w.tmart.com/Cell-Phone-Repair-Parts/

Hope this helps.

bread's done
Back