Help me connect to Xbox Live PLEASE!!!!

Ultros

CAGiversary!
I just bought an Xbox and when I tested the network connection, the MTU failed. I went to the website and it said to change the number but I don't even know how to do that. My router is the common Wireless Linksys G. Thanks.

Hmm, i think it means you want to open up a port called 1364. Although I could be wrong, but I believe that's what it is asking you. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Hmm, i think it means you want to open up a port called 1364. Although I could be wrong, but I believe that's what it is asking you. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that.[/quote]
No, Live uses port 3074. He's supposed to change his MTU to 1364.

What router do you have? Look up the documentation, it should explain it. Although the default is usually good enough.

I think there's an online section in the general questions sticky thread that could help also.

Linksys used to be the bomb but now it's crap IMO. I think I used to have that same router you're talking about, but I have the $100 DLink N Gigabit router and it's as solid as a rock.

Back when I did internet tech support for Charter from 03-05 we used to cringe everytime someone called in with DLink routers and always suggested Linksys. My how times have changed.

bread's done
Back