Help me decide... Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Zantetsuken

CAG Veteran
I have two Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, one for Xbox and the other for PS2. I want to sell one of them, which one should i sell and which one should i keep?

Keep the Xbox one, because it's an accurate port of the DC/Arcade version. The PS2 version is missing sound effects and frames of animation, making some combos impossible to do. I've also heard that the PS2 version can slow down and stutter at times.

[quote name='Zantetsuken']I have two Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, one for Xbox and the other for PS2. I want to sell one of them, which one should i sell and which one should i keep?[/QUOTE]

I think the XBox version will net you more money, and they're more or less identical ports, so you might as well sell the XBox version in my opinion. It also depends on which system's controller you prefer for fighting games, though.

EDIT: Looks like the PS2 version might not be up to par after all. My bust!

Sell them both, buy a dreamcast (if you don't have one) then pick up MvC 2 the way it was meant to be. You'd probably still make 50 bucks after the sale and purchase of the DC.

Used dreamcast at ebgames: $19.99
MvC2 : $14.99-24.99 depending on condition

You should be able to sell both of those copies for 40 each, if not more.

[quote name='swetooth9']If I recall correctly, most competitions use the ps2 version, so i would keep the ps2 one.[/QUOTE]

Most competitions either use the arcade or DC. I've never heard of it being played on the ps2 at a competitive level.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Sell them both, buy a dreamcast (if you don't have one) then pick up MvC 2 the way it was meant to be. You'd probably still make 50 bucks after the sale and purchase of the DC.

Used dreamcast at ebgames: $19.99
MvC2 : $14.99-24.99 depending on condition

You should be able to sell both of those copies for 40 each, if not more.[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree with this. Sell them both off and get a DC with the DC version. The PS2 version will get you around $40, though I have seen the Xbox version go for more( $60 ). The DC version is really good, and cheap ass hell compaired to the two.

If u had to keep one, I would keep the xbox version over the ps2. U should do what they say though, sell those two and get it for dc. After that get a dc to ps2 or whatever convertor controller u use and play up.

[quote name='Zantetsuken']I already got DC and have most of the fighting games that ever came out for DC.[/QUOTE]

Well then keep the DC version and dump the other 2. It plays better and isn't worth as much. otherwise I'd keep the PS2 version, mainly becasue I hate the xbox controls for fighting games.

bread's done
Back